🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who are the "sons of God" in Genesis 6?

I wondering where anyone see angels as the sons of God except for a passage in Job which doesn't actually say the sons of God were angels.

Were humans there when God laid the foundations of the earth?

Come on, even if you were to argue that it's not referring to angels (which would go against the consensus of scholars, at least as far as I've seen) you can't argue that humans were there when God created this earth.

So, what is your view on Genesis 6:4?

The foundations of the earth? That has nothing to do with the sons of God that I can see. Perhaps you can show me where that connects.

Clearly, the sons of God were those who worshipped God and the daughters of men were the daughters of Cain and his line. All flesh was destroyed with the flood except for Noah's family. Yet there were giants after the flood. That has nothing to do with fallen angels.

I wondering where anyone see angels as the sons of God except for a passage in Job which doesn't actually say the sons of God were angels.

Giants.

Do you believe in a real Noah's flood?

All those innocent babies murdered. Yahweh can't be that big of a prick can he?

You are basically correct though. We are gods.

Remember what Jesus asked about this in the bible?

Regards
DL
Nope, we are not gods. Seems you don't understand what Jesus was talking about.

Innocent babies go immediately to God, so spare me the crying about how mean God is. He is far beyond your comprehension. :)

The foundations of the earth? That has nothing to do with the sons of God that I can see. Perhaps you can show me where that connects.

Clearly, the sons of God were those who worshipped God and the daughters of men were the daughters of Cain and his line. All flesh was destroyed with the flood except for Noah's family. Yet there were giants after the flood. That has nothing to do with fallen angels.

Why do you sound surprised? We're talking about the Job verse. You were the one who brought it up.

Let's look at it. I'll bold the pertinent parts.
Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?​
Tell Me, if you have understanding.​
Who determined its measurements?​
Surely you know!​
Or who stretched the line upon it?​
To what were its foundations fastened?​
Or who laid its cornerstone,​
When the morning stars sang together,​
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?​
Job 38:4-7​

As for your interpretation of Genesis 6:4, thanks for sharing your thoughts. As I said, there are many problems with that interpretation. If you have a bit of time, please watch this video, as it goes over all of it:

Genesis 1 ;

26. And God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and they shall rule over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heaven and over the animals and over all the earth and over all the creeping things that creep upon the earth."
27. And God created man in His image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

The point is that, after all, parable is the only applicable term to the entire Bible. Matt.13:34 testifies to this in describing how Jesus taught.

No, that is simply false. The bible contains numerous different types of writing, that is not even debated among people who study the bible.

Yes, Jesus spoke to people in parables at that time, but He did that for a reason. But that's not the topic of this thread.

As I said in the original post, this thread was for believing Christians. But I'm beginning to realize that it's pointless to try to post threads for Christians here, because almost every time it turns into a thread where atheists or others steer it in the direction they want it to go. Since that's what usually happens, I probably won't post any more threads here.

Don't stop doing it, buttercup. Keep posting.

The point is that, after all, parable is the only applicable term to the entire Bible. Matt.13:34 testifies to this in describing how Jesus taught.

No, that is simply false. The bible contains numerous different types of writing, that is not even debated among people who study the bible.

Yes, Jesus spoke to people in parables at that time, but He did that for a reason. But that's not the topic of this thread.

As I said in the original post, this thread was for believing Christians. But I'm beginning to realize that it's pointless to try to post threads for Christians here, because almost every time it turns into a thread where atheists or others steer it in the direction they want it to go. Since that's what usually happens, I probably won't post any more threads here.

Thanks.... is it because I post controversial stuff? Haha. I'd actually like to get away from debating. I've been posting on discussion forums for a lot of years, since the late 90's. And although it can be fun, and at times it might be worthwhile, it can also be a time sucker, and there's a lot of negative energy, you know? Thankfully there are also good people who are more positive and calm.

Genesis 1 ;

26. And God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and they shall rule over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heaven and over the animals and over all the earth and over all the creeping things that creep upon the earth."
27. And God created man in His image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

When I mentioned the foundations of the earth, and the "sons of God," we were talking about the Job verse.

The Bible is a living book. It doesn't exist except as GOD wished it to be. Man didn't make it up --- GOD revealed it. Man didn't simply pick and choose ---- the HOLY SPIRIT influenced what GOD foreordain to be written down and protected. Those writings which were fake and made up and mystical fabrications, GOD prevented their inclusion in the Canon of Scripture known as GOD's WORD.

Well, the topic is Genesis 6. But since you brought up the extrabiblical texts, some of them are referenced in the bible. So, although they are not canon, the ones that are referenced in the bible probably shouldn't be called "fake" so quickly. Also, we know that God reveals truth in numerous ways, not just through the scriptures. And obviously the bible doesn't cover every single topic under the sun. So, do you honestly think that God didn't want us to seek the truth anywhere but in the bible?

But getting back to the actual topic, what are your thought on Genesis 6:4? Do you agree with the man in the video you shared the other day?

Also, did you watch this video? He does not rely on extrabiblical texts, he presents the case solely with the bible:

JUDE 1:6
He held angels for judgment on the great day. They were held in darkness, bound by eternal chains. These are the angels who didn't keep their position of authority but abandoned their assigned place.

I appreciate both videos, yet I do believe that the indication from Genesis 6:4 is that the Nephilim existed before the sons of GOD took the daughters of man. And the Nephilim do appear again after the Flood. And so I feel that these were very brave, muscular humans who were mighty warriors. I feel that Goliath was indeed likely a Nephilim. I also feel that it is likely that the stories of the pagan pantheon of gods was the product of corrupted oral tales regarding the offspring of "corrupt" angels and those human women. I also feel that the stars originally existed as a heavenly scripture; however, the true meaning was distorted and corrupted into what we now understand to be ASTROLOGY, HOROSCOPES, and DEMONOLOGY/WITCHCRAFT.

Satan never tells a complete lie. Nothing he has to say is entirely a fabrication. He is manacle in his approach, to the point of even twisting what GOD explicitly says to achieve his twisted agenda of confusion and misrepresentation. The Book of Mormon is a prime example. That even contains actual verses plucked from the Bible, and Mormonism itself applies different meanings to the very same words that Evangelicals use. However, GOD the Creator of everything is reduced (by their doctrine) to a fabricator utilizing previously existing materials to form. OUR GOD then becomes a former man who achieved godhood through some other god. Man becomes GOD's spirit offspring. GOD then needs a wife. In the end mormon's make JESUS and Satan brothers -------- not the CREATOR (JESUS) dealing with a created being that wanted to become GOD. And this results in some honest people becoming deceived into accepting distortions and outright lies as factual, while others imagine that the BIBLE is just as outlandish as the book of Mormon. Even Joseph Smith said that the book of Mormon was more correct than the BIBLE.

I'm very sorry, I did go off on a bit of a tangent. YES, I do believe there is truth to be found in other literature; however, for the CHRISTIAN, the BIBLE is the STANDARD against which everything else must stand, conform, or be measured. SO, where the book of Enoch maybe mentioned in the Bible, it is only applied to make a point on a particular topic/subject and not give credence to the entire (non-biblical) text. The BIBLE says everything GOD needed to say and spotlight CHRIST and our relationship through faith in HIM. There is no other comparable book that entirely meets the perfection of the BIBLE.

Last edited:
The "daughters of men" were hard at work getting pregnant. Of course the fathers of their children were "sons of God" and angels, such wonderful handsome men they could not resist.

If these "sons of God" were believers, then they fell from grace. (Noah only found grace before God at that time.) The Bible says they took them wives of all they chose — whether the women were consenting or not. Those men were definitely bastards, rapists, "monsters," and "giants" and the whole earth was filled with "violence," which literally meant "rape" at the time of the publication of the King James Version of the Bible in the English language.

Giants.

Do you believe in a real Noah's flood?

All those innocent babies murdered. Yahweh can't be that big of a prick can he?

You are basically correct though. We are gods.

Remember what Jesus asked about this in the bible?

Regards
DL
Nope, we are not gods. Seems you don't understand what Jesus was talking about.

Innocent babies go immediately to God, so spare me the crying about how mean God is. He is far beyond your comprehension. :)
It's what Asaph said, really (Ps 82), and Jews generally. The ruling council of the Jews were gods - just people - and Asaph could not see God seated among them. It was a corrupt council, as the gospels make abundantly clear.

Thanks.... is it because I post controversial stuff? Haha. I'd actually like to get away from debating. I've been posting on discussion forums for a lot of years, since the late 90's. And although it can be fun, and at times it might be worthwhile, it can also be a time sucker, and there's a lot of negative energy, you know? Thankfully there are also good people who are more positive and calm.

Well, you saw how mine went, right? There were some pretty decent conversations on this section up until about 2014 and halfway through 2015. Then it became filled with overly simplistic arguments and hard core trolling. Wash, rinse and repeat. I like your topic and now that some of those that are known to troll have had their say perhaps they will move on.

When I mentioned the foundations of the earth, and the "sons of God," we were talking about the Job verse.
You missed my point. The Lord was speaking to Job....not to angels as "sons of God".

Job 38:1-4 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said. 2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. 4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

You missed my point. The Lord was speaking to Job....not to angels as "sons of God".

Job 38:1-4 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said. 2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. 4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Yes, of course he was talking to Job. But he was talking ABOUT the "sons of God" who were there, shouting for joy when He laid the foundations of the earth. The only reason I brought it up is because you asked what the Sons of God had to do with the foundations of the earth, in post #41. You said, "That has nothing to do with the sons of God that I can see."

They were the Holy men of those times. Whom gave their life to God. They lived in the mountains away from society like Buddhas monks. But when Enoch their leader was taken from them. They fell away. But having all the knowledge of the universe that was taught to them. But God erased the memories of the people during the time of the tower was being built.

Matthew 12:50
For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Matthew 11:27

“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Maybe they'll let us live for hundreds of years, disease free, if we take the shot. Modern men of renown we'll be. Giants among mere men...

Yes, of course he was talking to Job. But he was talking ABOUT the "sons of God" who were there, shouting for joy when He laid the foundations of the earth. The only reason I brought it up is because you asked what the Sons of God had to do with the foundations of the earth, in post #41. You said, "That has nothing to do with the sons of God that I can see."
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the sons of God quote in chapter one.

Job 1:6-7
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them. 7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Maybe they'll let us live for hundreds of years, disease free, if we take the shot. Modern men of renown we'll be. Giants among mere men...

Hmm, I'm not sure what you meant, that was kind of vague and cryptic. Can you elaborate, but in a clear, country simple way? :)

Forum List

Back