Who created God?

Consciousness proves God. For without it E=MC2 doesn't matter. In fact nothing matters. Like a tree not making a sound if no one is there.

Consciousness proves one's existence. "I am conscious, therefore, I exist". It is, in fact, the one and only thing a person cannot doubt exists.
It proves nothing else.
A person synthesizes all the rest out of what passes through perception, which is entirely subjective, and his/her consciousness.

Consciousness proves one's existence. "I am conscious, therefore, I exist". It is, in fact, the one and only thing a person cannot doubt exists.
It proves nothing else.
A person synthesizes all the rest out of what passes through perception, which is entirely subjective, and his/her consciousness.
You can ignore the consciousness that created yours, but it's still there. Cause and effect. You are just the effect.

Simple to say, impossible to prove. Proving isn't necessary, though. If one's perception is thus, that is how it is.

...and as God would have to be infinite and without limit, all religions are blasphemy to the extent that they insult their God by their limitations, definitions and anthropomorphisms.

I agree in general, but I don't think that wondering about and discussing the nature of God is blasphemous. Also, there seem to have been prophets throughout our history who have been given a narrow slice of insight into God's nature. However, this insight had to be translated into the language and comprehension of the time. The problem with many religions is that they have adopted some of those translations verbatim and constructed elaborate rituals around them while ignoring their underlying principles.

It was stated, "to the extent..."
What is being referred to is institutions that claim there is a God and claim to believe in that God. By what they say and preach they in fact diminish and insult Gold. That is the definition of blasphemy.
Being part of no religion allows observation from the exterior. It is not intended that anyone be offended. What is stated is a pure fact of grammar and words.
Individual revelation is the essence of true spiritual experience. Anything else is inferior and probably false. It is not I who condemns religions, it is they.

That's the question asked by atheists. Then they answer the question with...Man created God.

Hey, if I created God, God wouldn't be anything close to the one Christians, Muslims and Jews perceive. My God wouldn't be vengeful, or self centered, or spiteful. My God wouldn't say "Thou shall not kill", and then tell the "chosen" to go kill all the inhabitants of the "holy land" and take their land. And my God wouldn't be a bigot, choosing one race over another. My God wouldn't send his creation to hell for their mistakes, or because they didn't believe in a certain religion. My God wouldn't cause terrible disasters that wipe out millions of people. My God wouldn't cause billions of people to suffer their whole lives.
My God wouldn't have anything to do with anything negative.

So I don't buy their perceptions of God. But I don't get to decide what God is. I can't make God be what I want. But I can have my own perceptions of God. And I think that's why atheists don't except God...because they don't want to capitulate to the God of those religions. Those religions actually drive people away from God, instead of to God.
Question: where did the universe come from? Where did the matter for the big band come from?

This, like religious questions, is an accident of language. Because we can ask a question does not mean that the question really has meaning, much less an answer.
Because of how are experience, perceptions and brain work, we cannot conceive of something starting without something being before. It doesn't happen in the world we inhabit and our ancestors and culture developed in. We have no vocabulary for it. This is the challenge to quantum physics and to religion. We can see things that we can't really describe with our limited capacities and we can pose questions that are linguistic but not functional.

That's the question asked by atheists. Then they answer the question with...Man created God.

Hey, if I created God, God wouldn't be anything close to the one Christians, Muslims and Jews perceive. My God wouldn't be vengeful, or self centered, or spiteful. My God wouldn't say "Thou shall not kill", and then tell the "chosen" to go kill all the inhabitants of the "holy land" and take their land. And my God wouldn't be a bigot, choosing one race over another. My God wouldn't send his creation to hell for their mistakes, or because they didn't believe in a certain religion. My God wouldn't cause terrible disasters that wipe out millions of people. My God wouldn't cause billions of people to suffer their whole lives.
My God wouldn't have anything to do with anything negative.

So I don't buy their perceptions of God. But I don't get to decide what God is. I can't make God be what I want. But I can have my own perceptions of God. And I think that's why atheists don't except God...because they don't want to capitulate to the God of those religions. Those religions actually drive people away from God, instead of to God.
Question: where did the universe come from? Where did the matter for the big band come from?
It's like Einstein said, "Once you realize that everything comes from nothing that is something, then it's easy to wear Stripes with plaid."

This, like religious questions, is an accident of language. Because we can ask a question does not mean that the question really has meaning, much less an answer.
Because of how are experience, perceptions and brain work, we cannot conceive of something starting without something being before. It doesn't happen in the world we inhabit and our ancestors and culture developed in. We have no vocabulary for it. This is the challenge to quantum physics and to religion. We can see things that we can't really describe with our limited capacities and we can pose questions that are linguistic but not functional.
Religion doesn't need to answer what came before. You like to play with words a great deal and pretend to be above the fray, but words do have meaning. One is either agnostic, atheist or theist. Atheists indeed do ask who made god in order to try to disprove god. But they are willing to accpet the universe was always here, or its' potential. That's hypocritical.

Consciousness proves God. For without it E=MC2 doesn't matter. In fact nothing matters. Like a tree not making a sound if no one is there.

I think therefore I am a philosopher said one time
Drawing a line between body and mind
But before he asked the damn question everybody was fine...
I am, therefore I think I'd rather think. If you don't think, everything is just fine. Fine line.

Forum List

Back