Who else will get a bailout after Trump/Republican tariffs?

We bail out failing automotive companies so they can rebuild overseas.
We bail out countries that hate us.
We bail out corrupt politicians.
We bail out all kinds of people for some bullshit reasons.
While i dont think this issue with the farmers should happen, the outrage is a bunch of bullshit.

None of those "bail outs" were BRIBES. What Trump has done in the past, and does with the $12 Billion Dollars of taxpayer money (he always uses the money of others) is to bribe the farmers so that they vote for the Republican Member of Congress in November.

Will the farmers do so, and prove: You can fool some of the people all of the time.

So handouts are bribes?
Is that where you want this convo to go?

It's my opinion, and it's food for thought (you don't have to eat). Not only are farmers hurt by the Tariff Wars (a war of Trump's, one more example of his inexperience and the chaos that follows), the small town and shop keepers, employees, investors and the taxpayers who put out the money for these bribes. And bribes they are.
Are you even vaguely familiar with Chinese tariffs and restrictions on US goods? Why did Obama and his minions allow them? Why do liberals continue to put China and the EU ahead of their fellow citizens? So Sad.
/——/ Just now on @realdonaldtrump:
The European Union is coming to Washington tomorrow to negotiate a deal on Trade. I have an idea for them. Both the U.S. and the E.U. drop all Tariffs, Barriers and Subsidies! That would finally be called Free Market and Fair Trade! Hope they do it, we are ready - but they won’t

While i dont think this issue with the farmers should happen, the outrage is a bunch of bullshit.

None of those "bail outs" were BRIBES. What Trump has done in the past, and does with the $12 Billion Dollars of taxpayer money (he always uses the money of others) is to bribe the farmers so that they vote for the Republican Member of Congress in November.

Will the farmers do so, and prove: You can fool some of the people all of the time.

So handouts are bribes?

It's my opinion, and it's food for thought (you don't have to eat). Not only are farmers hurt by the Tariff Wars (a war of Trump's, one more example of his inexperience and the chaos that follows), the small town and shop keepers, employees, investors and the taxpayers who put out the money for these bribes. And bribes they are.
Are you even vaguely familiar with Chinese tariffs and restrictions on US goods? Why did Obama and his minions allow them? Why do liberals continue to put China and the EU ahead of their fellow citizens? So Sad.
The European Union is coming to Washington tomorrow to negotiate a deal on Trade. I have an idea for them. Both the U.S. and the E.U. drop all Tariffs, Barriers and Subsidies! That would finally be called Free Market and Fair Trade! Hope they do it, we are ready - but they won’t

Trump is talking out of his ass again, he will not, and does not even have the power to do that. But you Trump sheep are not smart enough to know that

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

So handouts are bribes?

Trump is talking out of his ass again, he will not, and does not even have the power to do that. But you Trump sheep are not smart enough to know that

/——/ Well if the president doesn’t have the power to negotiate or to set and remove tariffs, why all the bellyaching from the left?

So handouts are bribes?

/——/ Well if the president doesn’t have the power to negotiate or to set and remove tariffs, why all the bellyaching from the left?

Do you have a reading problem, he listed more than just tariffs...what the hell is wrong with people anymore?

Do you have a reading problem, he listed more than just tariffs...what the hell is wrong with people anymore?
/——/ The comprehension issue is on your part. Trump wants to remove every barrier to free trade. Why do I have to list each and every thing?

Now that Donald Trump acknowledges the economic damage his tariffs are doing by offering farmers a $12 BILLION bailout for damage caused by the tariff HE and REPUBLICANS have imposed....there are numerous questions that should be asked. Tops among them would be what other self imposed government spending should we expect?

So...if farmers get a bailout for economic damage caused by this President....who else will get a bailout?! Plus, of course, how many tax dollars will be sacrificed to do so?
On Trump's farm bailout, the GOP doth protest too much

We are seeing a pattern develop where Republican policy leads to gigantic bailouts (see Gramm/Leach/Bliley Republican bill that passed in 1999 that led to the economic crash in 2008). We are also seeing that Republican legislation often leads to large swaths of Republican spending to accommodate for that Republican legislation.

We should, at minimum, be able to say that Republicans are NOT the party of 'fiscal responsibility'...it is the exact opposite.
/—-/ But it was ok for Obozo to bail out the insurance companies that were hurt by Obozocare.
View attachment 206873

Big difference being that Obamacare was dealing with rising health care costs that have been a problem for people/business for decades. It was also translating into better health insurance at more affordable prices.

This bailout is dealing with a self inflicted problem caused by Trump/Republicans. You're comparing apples to alligators.
/——/ Obozocare was self inflicted and would cripple the insurance companies unless Obozo offered them a bailout. The president is defending US interests and needs to negotiate from a position of power. Savvy that?

Yea, Trump is goddamn savvy the administration is going to go ahead and pay the insurance companies. Yep HHS said this morning.

Now that Donald Trump acknowledges the economic damage his tariffs are doing by offering farmers a $12 BILLION bailout for damage caused by the tariff HE and REPUBLICANS have imposed....there are numerous questions that should be asked. Tops among them would be what other self imposed government spending should we expect?

So...if farmers get a bailout for economic damage caused by this President....who else will get a bailout?! Plus, of course, how many tax dollars will be sacrificed to do so?

We are seeing a pattern develop where Republican policy leads to gigantic bailouts (see Gramm/Leach/Bliley Republican bill that passed in 1999 that led to the economic crash in 2008). We are also seeing that Republican legislation often leads to large swaths of Republican spending to accommodate for that Republican legislation.

We should, at minimum, be able to say that Republicans are NOT the party of 'fiscal responsibility'...it is the exact opposite.
Frankthefailure, why did Obama refuse to address the trade deficit? Why did he accept new tarrifs from China on US goods? I'm guessing it is his ideology. The same thought process that said it is a good idea to send billions of dollars to the biggest sponsor of terrorism.

Obama had his hands full with an economy shrinking at over 6% per quarter in 2009.......Obama went from an economy shrinking at 6% per quarter (Q4 2008) to one growing his last 6 1/2 years.

However, not sure why you choose to litigate the Obama years....unless you DON'T want to talk about Trump's real failures?

they always deflect to obama or hillary.

Well Trump is supposedly planning on imposing a 25% tariff on imported cars- so that will be a 'bailout' for the American car industry- lots of money directly into the pockets of American car manufacturers.

And to think these idiots got their panties in a bunch over the Obama phones. Now $12 billion of taxpayers money going to corporate farmers ONLY.
The hypocrisy is off the charts.

Reagan actually started what would be known as obama phones. Bush just went a little further and then Obama which he shouldn't have done took credit.

/——/ The comprehension issue is on your part. Trump wants to remove every barrier to free trade. Why do I have to list each and every thing?

Because the only thing Trump has some control over is the tariffs. Subsidies are a whole different story

I have a big time prejudice in FAVOR of stimulation of
agriculture--------food is IMPORTANT. The USA should do everything possible to AVOID the need to import
food and also have lots of surplus (its the "mother" in
me------dairy products should be subsidized)

We don't 'need' to import any food.

The subsidies are to help farmers whose exports have been hurt by Trump's trade war.

We have a huge surplus of grains, dairy and meat- which is hurting American farmers.

Outrage?

I think pointing out that these bailouts are to shore up Trump's base that have been hurt by his Trade War is just common sense.

So handouts are bribes?

You're either a writer for a major news organization (which I doubt) or copied that line from someone who did a story on cnbc and the hill early this morning.

Outrage?

I think pointing out that these bailouts are to shore up Trump's base that have been hurt by his Trade War is just common sense.
meh. Farmers have gotten special privileges for a long time now.
Bad year for crops? You and i pay for it.
Why should this be different? Because you hate trump?

I have a big time prejudice in FAVOR of stimulation of
agriculture--------food is IMPORTANT. The USA should do everything possible to AVOID the need to import
food and also have lots of surplus (its the "mother" in
me------dairy products should be subsidized)

We don't 'need' to import any food.

The subsidies are to help farmers whose exports have been hurt by Trump's trade war.

We have a huge surplus of grains, dairy and meat- which is hurting American farmers.

are you sure about that HUGE SURPLUS?-----the price of FLOUR, MILK, MEAT and EGGS is OUT OF
SIGHT --------why not lower the prices-------it beats
the HUGE NEED FOR FOOD STAMPS--------I do not know how people with a bunch of kids FEED their kids
if only one parent works at a-----basic unskilled job.
Where are they DUMPING the stuff--------I am willing to do DUMP DIVING

/—-/ But it was ok for Obozo to bail out the insurance companies that were hurt by Obozocare.
View attachment 206873

Big difference being that Obamacare was dealing with rising health care costs that have been a problem for people/business for decades. It was also translating into better health insurance at more affordable prices.

This bailout is dealing with a self inflicted problem caused by Trump/Republicans. You're comparing apples to alligators.
/——/ Obozocare was self inflicted and would cripple the insurance companies unless Obozo offered them a bailout. The president is defending US interests and needs to negotiate from a position of power. Savvy that?

Yea, Trump is goddamn savvy the administration is going to go ahead and pay the insurance companies. Yep HHS said this morning.
/——/ Link please. The suspension was temporary Trump takes another swipe at Obamacare, suspends payments to insurance companies

View attachment 206873

/——/ Link please. The suspension was temporary Trump takes another swipe at Obamacare, suspends payments to insurance companies

If you have eye sight and both hands and all five fingers find it yourself but I'll give you a hint it was link on drudge.

Because the only thing Trump has some control over is the tariffs. Subsidies are a whole different story
We need to get together and play a round of golf. In 4 hours we can fix all of the problems.

We need to get together and play a round of golf. In 4 hours we can fix all of the problems.

The golf course is a great place to hash out the worlds problems

View attachment 206873

Wow how soon it's been buried but I apologize and here is the link:

Trump admin restarts key ObamaCare payments

Forum List

Back