Who else will get a bailout after Trump/Republican tariffs?

He is hurting US interests....that's precisely the point.
/——/ Then what is your solution? Just keep bending over and let other countries continue to give us the shaft?

Well, I wouldn't purposely hurt the United States' GDP to start out.......

Kind of like limiting your energy production because of bad weather?

What?!??!?!? Let me guess....you're one of 'those people' who deny climate change is occurring?!
/---/ The climate has been changing since the day the earth was formed and will continue to change no matter what taxes libs impose.

DING.....DING.......DING.....DING.......DING.....DING.......DING.....DING.......

Lunatic alert......seriously sunshine, you need to retake middle school Science class for Christ sake.

What?!??!?!? Let me guess....you're one of 'those people' who deny climate change is occurring?!

I deny we need to ruin our economy even if there is some impact from our activities. We will figure out how to survive, that's why we have Engineers.

But things like carbon caps and control negatively impact GDP AND increase the cost of living?

So still concerned about GDP effects?

Carbon caps are tied to reduced emissions which is needed if we're going to negotiate reduced carbon emissions from other industrialized nations in the world. Unless, of course, you're denying the chemistry of the effects of carbon in the atmosphere?!

Carbon caps result in lower carbon emissions (cause and effect).....tariffs do NOT result in better trade deals.

Carbon caps are tied to reduced emissions which is needed if we're going to negotiate reduced carbon emissions from other industrialized nations in the world.

Why would we do that?
We're already reducing our CO2 more than anyone else.

Why are we asking other industrialized nations to reduce carbon emissions?!?!? Gee....I dunno.....it's not like we all live on the same planet or anything?!?!

God, what a stupid question.

Why are we asking other industrialized nations to reduce carbon emissions?!?!?

We shouldn't be asking. We shouldn't be imposing a stupid cap on ourselves.
If they want to damage their economy, it should be their choice.

/——/ Then what is your solution? Just keep bending over and let other countries continue to give us the shaft?

/---/ The climate has been changing since the day the earth was formed and will continue to change no matter what taxes libs impose.

DING.....DING.......DING.....DING.......DING.....DING.......DING.....DING.......

Lunatic alert......seriously sunshine, you need to retake middle school Science class for Christ sake.

How many trillions in taxes should we impose, so the climate never changes again?
Maybe ask your middle school science teacher?

Raise your hand first, don't be rude.

/---/ Oh, you think the climate is the same now as it was millions of years ago? You think raising taxes can affect the weather? Seriously?

I deny we need to ruin our economy even if there is some impact from our activities. We will figure out how to survive, that's why we have Engineers.

But things like carbon caps and control negatively impact GDP AND increase the cost of living?

Carbon caps are tied to reduced emissions which is needed if we're going to negotiate reduced carbon emissions from other industrialized nations in the world. Unless, of course, you're denying the chemistry of the effects of carbon in the atmosphere?!

Carbon caps result in lower carbon emissions (cause and effect).....tariffs do NOT result in better trade deals.

Carbon caps are tied to reduced emissions which is needed if we're going to negotiate reduced carbon emissions from other industrialized nations in the world.

Why would we do that?

Why are we asking other industrialized nations to reduce carbon emissions?!?!? Gee....I dunno.....it's not like we all live on the same planet or anything?!?!

Wow, you are genuinely a stupid person.

Why would we do that?

Based on your ignorance in this thread....that's funny.

Good news that the Trump/Republican tariffs are way under water in terms of public opinion. As much as the morons on the right wing try to gloss over this nonsensical approach to trade, people are not buying it.

Why is that? Read this thread and the moronic arguments being made FOR the Trump/GOP tariffs.........

Tracking Public Opinion on Trump, Tariffs, and Trade

Link also highlights how the new Republican Party has completely flip flopped on trade. They wonder why they're losing public support?

All morning, not ONE logical argument to justify tariffs / bailout or explanation HOW that somehow improves trade negotiation. Not one. Let's just say I'm not surprised.

Last edited:
Now that Donald Trump acknowledges the economic damage his tariffs are doing by offering farmers a $12 BILLION bailout for damage caused by the tariff HE and REPUBLICANS have imposed....there are numerous questions that should be asked. Tops among them would be what other self imposed government spending should we expect?

So...if farmers get a bailout for economic damage caused by this President....who else will get a bailout?! Plus, of course, how many tax dollars will be sacrificed to do so?
On Trump's farm bailout, the GOP doth protest too much

We are seeing a pattern develop where Republican policy leads to gigantic bailouts (see Gramm/Leach/Bliley Republican bill that passed in 1999 that led to the economic crash in 2008). We are also seeing that Republican legislation often leads to large swaths of Republican spending to accommodate for that Republican legislation.

We should, at minimum, be able to say that Republicans are NOT the party of 'fiscal responsibility'...it is the exact opposite.
And to think these idiots got their panties in a bunch over the Obama phones. Now $12 billion of taxpayers money going to corporate farmers ONLY.
The hypocrisy is off the charts.

We bail out failing automotive companies so they can rebuild overseas.
We bail out countries that hate us.
We bail out corrupt politicians.
We bail out all kinds of people for some bullshit reasons.
While i dont think this issue with the farmers should happen, the outrage is a bunch of bullshit.

None of those "bail outs" were BRIBES. What Trump has done in the past, and does with the $12 Billion Dollars of taxpayer money (he always uses the money of others) is to bribe the farmers so that they vote for the Republican Member of Congress in November.

Will the farmers do so, and prove: You can fool some of the people all of the time.

Why would we do that?

/——/ Rather than name calling, try refuting his point because I agree with him.

While i dont think this issue with the farmers should happen, the outrage is a bunch of bullshit.

None of those "bail outs" were BRIBES. What Trump has done in the past, and does with the $12 Billion Dollars of taxpayer money (he always uses the money of others) is to bribe the farmers so that they vote for the Republican Member of Congress in November.

Will the farmers do so, and prove: You can fool some of the people all of the time.

So handouts are bribes?
Is that where you want this convo to go?

So you are OK with hampering the economy when it comes to the possibility of maybe some type of sort of change to our climate kind of, but when trying to fix trade

THINK OF THE GEEEDEEEPPEEEE!!!!

Wanker.

So handouts are bribes?

It's my opinion, and it's food for thought (you don't have to eat). Not only are farmers hurt by the Tariff Wars (a war of Trump's, one more example of his inexperience and the chaos that follows), the small town and shop keepers, employees, investors and the taxpayers who put out the money for these bribes. And bribes they are.

So handouts are bribes?

It's my opinion, and it's food for thought (you don't have to eat). Not only are farmers hurt by the Tariff Wars (a war of Trump's, one more example of his inexperience and the chaos that follows), the small town and shop keepers, employees, investors and the taxpayers who put out the money for these bribes. And bribes they are.
Do you feel the same about all welfare, or just ones you disagree with?

Now that Donald Trump acknowledges the economic damage his tariffs are doing by offering farmers a $12 BILLION bailout for damage caused by the tariff HE and REPUBLICANS have imposed....there are numerous questions that should be asked. Tops among them would be what other self imposed government spending should we expect?

So...if farmers get a bailout for economic damage caused by this President....who else will get a bailout?! Plus, of course, how many tax dollars will be sacrificed to do so?

We are seeing a pattern develop where Republican policy leads to gigantic bailouts (see Gramm/Leach/Bliley Republican bill that passed in 1999 that led to the economic crash in 2008). We are also seeing that Republican legislation often leads to large swaths of Republican spending to accommodate for that Republican legislation.

We should, at minimum, be able to say that Republicans are NOT the party of 'fiscal responsibility'...it is the exact opposite.
Frankthefailure, why did Obama refuse to address the trade deficit? Why did he accept new tarrifs from China on US goods? I'm guessing it is his ideology. The same thought process that said it is a good idea to send billions of dollars to the biggest sponsor of terrorism.

Obama had his hands full with an economy shrinking at over 6% per quarter in 2009.......Obama went from an economy shrinking at 6% per quarter (Q4 2008) to one growing his last 6 1/2 years.

However, not sure why you choose to litigate the Obama years....unless you DON'T want to talk about Trump's real failures?

Frankthefailure, why did Obama refuse to address the trade deficit? Why did he accept new tarrifs from China on US goods? I'm guessing it is his ideology. The same thought process that said it is a good idea to send billions of dollars to the biggest sponsor of terrorism.

Obama had his hands full with an economy shrinking at over 6% per quarter in 2009.......Obama went from an economy shrinking at 6% per quarter (Q4 2008) to one growing his last 6 1/2 years.

However, not sure why you choose to litigate the Obama years....unless you DON'T want to talk about Trump's real failures?

Litigate the Obama failures? Sticking you head up your ass and ignoring his failures will not help anyone. We want to avoid his repeating his failures. We do that by addressing his incompetence and repeated mistakes.

So handouts are bribes?

Are you even vaguely familiar with Chinese tariffs and restrictions on US goods? Why did Obama and his minions allow them? Why do liberals continue to put China and the EU ahead of their fellow citizens? So Sad.

So you are OK with hampering the economy when it comes to the possibility of maybe some type of sort of change to our climate kind of, but when trying to fix trade

Wanker.

I understand that your emotions (hysterical as they are) are simply an opinion, but one so foolish I feel the need to respond.

The economy was bolstered by funding green and renewable sources of energy, not hampered. Oil and coal burning sources of power are expensive, as well as environmentally harmful.

Wanker.
/——/No one is hampering the economy. President Trump is fixing an inequitable rigged system and we know how you libtards hate the US being in a position of power.

Wanker.

I understand that your emotions (hysterical as they are) are simply an opinion, but one so foolish I feel the need to respond.

The economy was bolstered by funding green and renewable sources of energy, not hampered. Oil and coal burning sources of power are expensive, as well as environmentally harmful.

If they bolster the economy why do they need government subsidies to be affordable?

When cars replaced horses, the government didn't have to provide a car subsidy for them to be more effective than said horses.

And you ignore the whole "carbon tax" thing. Try spinning that as something that helps GDP.

When you make energy more expensive, you make everything more expensive.

Wanker.
/——/No one is hampering the economy. President Trump is fixing an inequitable rigged system and we know how you libtards hate the US being in a position of power.

Tariffs will probably have a short term negative effect on the economy, but if they result in more fair trade rules it is worth it.

We don't have to lie about things or gloss over things like progressives do. Stop picking up their bad habits.

Forum List

Back