🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who here "opposes" this simple Sanders' proposal?

This is true which is why I'm for a mandatory Health Savings account. It would be deducted from your paycheck like a tax, except it would go towards your medical care. You have to use that account first before insurance kicks in.

Ironically, the above is a synopsis of what Sanders is proposing.

Insurance companies do one thing: pay the bills. That's it. They do nothing different than our government does with our social programs. In fact, our government has hired private insurance to do their billing for them because they are so efficient at it.

Until Commie Care came along, health insurance companies made a reasonable profit, but not record profits like companies outside of the healthcare industry. They were between 2% and 9% I believe.

Insurance companies are not the major problem with healthcare costs.

Actually -- they have wrestled the doctors, other providers and pharma into submission. Doctors no longer are "raking it in" and many are retiring early.. Then you get a Sanders that comes along and PRETENDS that the govt is more competent at arm-twisting. And I guess they are if they can THREATEN your business.

But it's not like the Insurance companies aren't screwing the doctors, hospitals and even big Pharma every chance they get. Since O-care -- Tenn has been taken over by BlueCrossBlueShield. Effectively now a monopoly. Can raise prices all they want. And tell doctors to just bang it if they won't take their reimbursement rates.

The exact same is going on with government patients as well.

Medicare and Medicaid typically pay about 2/3 of the bill to the providers of their patients. To recoup those losses, doctors and facilities increase the cost of their services to private pay and privately insured patients. This is one of the reasons premiums have had a steady pace of increases the last few decades.

If you do a search on medical facilities that closed down, you would probably find that a majority of them closed down in poorer areas where most of the clients were government patients. The facilities couldn't recoup the losses because they had such a small amount of private insured patients.

So the solution to the problem is for government to pay their providers in full. But how could they do that? They would have to severely increase taxes such as Medicare deductions on your paycheck.

If that took place, then working people would revolt. They would elect leaders that would change the system such as a private insured system. That would take the control away from the government and nobody is about to do that.
My dentist charges me half the price that they charge insurance companies. I think this supports what you state.

I bet if we paid cash and did not use the government or insurance, the price for medical would be affordable.

This is true which is why I'm for a mandatory Health Savings account. It would be deducted from your paycheck like a tax, except it would go towards your medical care. You have to use that account first before insurance kicks in.

Insurance companies for years have been complaining about paperwork costs. You see a doctor for $150.00, and the paperwork goes to the insurance companies who in return have to create paperwork to send back along with the check. Then that charge may only apply to your deductible or the insurance company pays part of it.

By eliminating all that, the doctor could do with less staff, it would bypass the insurance company who can use their resources for much larger claims, and the price would go down.

It could be a small deduction let's say 2% for younger workers, and maybe 3% or so for middle-aged workers. That money will add up fast, and you could use it like a debit card where you just swipe it at the end of your doctors visits, the ER or the clinic.
You are for a stronger Dictatorship!

I dictate your savings should be taken to pay for my next house, that seems fair seeing how much I do for you.

Maybe you misunderstood.

A health savings account is your money only to be used for you. I didn't mean it should be like Social Security.

It would just be a personal savings account of sorts so that when you get sick and need nickel dime treatment, the money you saved is there for you. If you have a balance of 5K when you finally need treatment, you use that 5K first and you don't get a dime more. Whatever you saved is what you spend. If you pass on before using it, you have heirs that you listed to take that money when you die.

Government nor other people get a penny of your money. It's all yours.

Lol, now they complain about how much insurance companies make, but if insurance companies began to pay minimum wage to low or non-skilled workers, then they would be back here complaining about insurance companies not paying a livable wage

Oh look you are putting your stupidity on display again. Lucky us eh?

You think insurance compaies are paying minimum wage eh? Or are planning on paying MW?

Or dont you know what that fuck you are talking about again? Yep, thats the answer.

Insurance companies are not truck driving concerns where any swinging dick can be taught to drive a truck.

Lol, now they complain about how much insurance companies make, but if insurance companies began to pay minimum wage to low or non-skilled workers, then they would be back here complaining about insurance companies not paying a livable wage.

Please send a few bucks to these poor CEOs....they DO need your generous help This is from a few years ago.

Almost all of the publicly traded health insurers reported big increases in revenue and profits last year. The big winners have been the top executives of those companies, led by Mark Bertolini, CEO of Aetna, the nation’s third largest health insurer. Bertolini’s total compensation of $30.7 million in 2013 was 131 percent higher than in 2012.

Skyrocketing salaries for health insurance CEOs

Actually -- they have wrestled the doctors, other providers and pharma into submission. Doctors no longer are "raking it in" and many are retiring early.. Then you get a Sanders that comes along and PRETENDS that the govt is more competent at arm-twisting. And I guess they are if they can THREATEN your business.

But it's not like the Insurance companies aren't screwing the doctors, hospitals and even big Pharma every chance they get. Since O-care -- Tenn has been taken over by BlueCrossBlueShield. Effectively now a monopoly. Can raise prices all they want. And tell doctors to just bang it if they won't take their reimbursement rates.

Medicare and Medicaid typically pay about 2/3 of the bill to the providers of their patients. To recoup those losses, doctors and facilities increase the cost of their services to private pay and privately insured patients. This is one of the reasons premiums have had a steady pace of increases the last few decades.

If you do a search on medical facilities that closed down, you would probably find that a majority of them closed down in poorer areas where most of the clients were government patients. The facilities couldn't recoup the losses because they had such a small amount of private insured patients.

So the solution to the problem is for government to pay their providers in full. But how could they do that? They would have to severely increase taxes such as Medicare deductions on your paycheck.

If that took place, then working people would revolt. They would elect leaders that would change the system such as a private insured system. That would take the control away from the government and nobody is about to do that.
My dentist charges me half the price that they charge insurance companies. I think this supports what you state.

I bet if we paid cash and did not use the government or insurance, the price for medical would be affordable.

Insurance companies for years have been complaining about paperwork costs. You see a doctor for $150.00, and the paperwork goes to the insurance companies who in return have to create paperwork to send back along with the check. Then that charge may only apply to your deductible or the insurance company pays part of it.

By eliminating all that, the doctor could do with less staff, it would bypass the insurance company who can use their resources for much larger claims, and the price would go down.

It could be a small deduction let's say 2% for younger workers, and maybe 3% or so for middle-aged workers. That money will add up fast, and you could use it like a debit card where you just swipe it at the end of your doctors visits, the ER or the clinic.

I dictate your savings should be taken to pay for my next house, that seems fair seeing how much I do for you.

Maybe you misunderstood.

A health savings account is your money only to be used for you. I didn't mean it should be like Social Security.

It would just be a personal savings account of sorts so that when you get sick and need nickel dime treatment, the money you saved is there for you. If you have a balance of 5K when you finally need treatment, you use that 5K first and you don't get a dime more. Whatever you saved is what you spend. If you pass on before using it, you have heirs that you listed to take that money when you die.

You stated, mandatory, like a more powerful dictatorship.

I have watched and lived the government destroy the industries I have trained and worked in, I have watched the government destroy our healthcare system.

now you state that the government should force me to put money into saving for healthcare?

well, I guess that does not apply to me cause I can not afford a saving account let alone a house seeings how the government has destroyed so much industry in the the USA.

Was it mentioned already that negotiating with PHARMA for bulk discounts for Medicare is ALSO part of TRUMPs campaign?

Also, we negotiate with PHARMA for bulk discounts for the Veteran's Administration, so why the fight on this?

First we need to make PHARMA TV ads illegal....

Every Nation in the world but 2, have PHARMA ads directly to patients ILLEGAL.

Also, we negotiate with PHARMA for bulk discounts for the Veteran's Administration, so why the fight on this?

For some strange reason, anything that would reduce government spending and decrease the cost of goods or services for middle class or lower class citizens, at the expense of profits for extremely profitable corporations is met with extreme hostility by the asshole right wingers on here.

Why?? I do not know. Its like they think that one day, if they just worship the ultra wealthy a little bit more, then they too will become ultra wealthy.

Or at least get a bone thrown to them. For being a lap dog to the ultra wealthy.

I have watched and lived the government destroy the industries I have trained and worked in, I have watched the government destroy our healthcare system.

now you state that the government should force me to put money into saving for healthcare?

well, I guess that does not apply to me cause I can not afford a saving account let alone a house seeings how the government has destroyed so much industry in the the USA.

You sound like someone who would "enjoy" relocating to Antarctica.

Was it mentioned already that negotiating with PHARMA for bulk discounts for Medicare is ALSO part of TRUMPs campaign?

Read my post 110.

First we need to make PHARMA TV ads illegal....

Every Nation in the world but 2, have PHARMA ads directly to patients ILLEGAL.

The only reason they run commercials is because it produces more sales.

Which should be regarded as bad medicine.

Your doctor should know what prescriptions you need without ad agencies telling you to tell him what you need.

It was less than half the price I was paying for my insulin, but made by the exact same people. I'm still purchasing it today. ...
The reason I wrote this story is to point out what would happen if drug companies would be pressured into lowering their prices; they would only increase their prices on their other products, or on the same product if let's say the deal was made for Medicare only. We would still be paying.

If Lilly didnt make a profit on the generic they sell in Wallmart, they wouldnt sell it. IF the prices that Europe and Canada cap on drugs made the drug companies lose money they would quit selling the drugs or go out of business.

There is no reason on God's Green Earth to allow pharmaceutical companies to price gouge Americans for drugs.

Maybe you misunderstood.

The problem is we have a lot of irresponsible people in this country so yes, a forced savings would help. If everybody were responsible, we wouldn't have speed limits on our streets and highways and we wouldn't have a Democrat party.

Money taken out before your net is money that isn't missed as much. If Republicans ever got away with making payroll deductions illegal, and we all had to write out a check to SS, FICA and Medicare every three months, people would have a heart attack.

The benefit of a health savings account is that it's your money and it isn't taxed.

AND a lot of lawsuits, where they harmed patients, Who asked their Doctor....bull crap.

Always try to listen what the "voice over" at the end of those big pharma ads states.....
The quickly enunciated caveats make one wonder WHY the heck anyone would endanger their health in actually taking those drugs....Its CYA at its worst.

It was less than half the price I was paying for my insulin, but made by the exact same people. I'm still purchasing it today. ...
The reason I wrote this story is to point out what would happen if drug companies would be pressured into lowering their prices; they would only increase their prices on their other products, or on the same product if let's say the deal was made for Medicare only. We would still be paying.

If Lilly didnt make a profit on the generic they sell in Wallmart, they wouldnt sell it. IF the prices that Europe and Canada cap on drugs made the drug companies lose money they would quit selling the drugs or go out of business.

There is no reason on God's Green Earth to allow pharmaceutical companies to price gouge Americans for drugs.

Price caps would produce more harm than good. Hillary tried it, and look what happened:

Hillary's Vaccine Shortage

Maybe you misunderstood.

The problem is we have a lot of irresponsible people in this country so yes, a forced savings would help. If everybody were responsible, we wouldn't have speed limits on our streets and highways and we wouldn't have a Democrat party.

Money taken out before your net is money that isn't missed as much. If Republicans ever got away with making payroll deductions illegal, and we all had to write out a check to SS, FICA and Medicare every three months, people would have a heart attack.

The benefit of a health savings account is that it's your money and it isn't taxed.
There is no benefit, to dictate what I do, especially to fix a problem the government has created.

I am all for it, as long as the government takes your money to buy my house, I know you will not like it so they will have to dictate.

I dictate you buy me a house, and to make it okay you can have a tax deduction, that should make you feel real good. Another benefit of this is I won't live in your front yard.

Forum List

Back