🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who here "thinks" that China will blink first in the trade wars?

I'm ex Nav myself and I've spent considerable time on a good portion of those waters on a can back in the day. I wouldn't bet a single cent that the Orange One would confront China for a fucking thing they might do. Hell, the dumbass isn't even taking notice of what is going on in that part of the World! And don't try to bluff folks with that Rambo horseshit "Why...........we would kill them........". The Chinese are a patient sort and will act when all their ducks are in a row, hotshot!

I bet you were a terror in the scullery, cupcake!
Your hatred for trump is muddying up your focus of international trade relations. China can't win trade war with US. They need our market too much. Take a walk through WalMart. Look at how much stuff is Made in China.

They export to us, almost 5 times as much as we export to them. They need us. We don't need them. High cards are all ours.

View attachment 186925

Take a walk through Walmart- just think if everything in Walmart was 25% higher.

Imagine the howls from Trump voters

For those who claim that Trump is "the greatest negotiator that ever walked the planet" (beside Trump himself, that is) the surprise will be very disappointing.

Trump has picked the wrong fight, using the worst tools at his disposal probably because of his hatred of Obama. If you really wanted to have China buckle to our demands of better trade balances, less currency manipulation and have China curtail the stealing of our intellectual properties, THEN the best method would have been to REJOIN the TPP accords.

China will purchase her needs for soy beans and corn from such other countries as Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Mexico ,Peru, etc.......and we can expect that China may abandon its purchases of Boeing air crafts, opting for Air Bus from European (mostly France) manufacturers.

Yes, China may currently need our exports, but we are NOT the only suppliers of the commodities that Chain needs.....and once other suppliers step up to service China's needs, what would ever make that country seek supplies from her arch economic "enemy," the U.S.?

The problem here is the US's ability to think everyone is like them.

Trump won't take time to understand what makes the Chinese tick, or the CCP tick.

Trump already rubbed Chinese noses in soybeans. Our soybean farmers will make more than ever.

You are so stupid it is almost scary you are allowed to vote.

If there was another market out there on a steady basis that would pay more, do you not think that our farmers would not have already been taking advantage of it?

This year for only the third time ever, more soybeans are planned to be planted than corn, meaning there will be more soybean than every to try and sell. Are you aware what happens when there is a surplus of supply and a shortage of buyers?

And the extended winter is going to make it even worse as people will end up planting beans where they were going to plant corn if they cannot get the corn in the ground soon.
Sorry for your ignorance but Europe is already buying our soybeans.

Your hope for the failure of our farmers is dashed from the beginning.

Yes they are, so who is going to pick up the market that is China since Europe already is? Do you think that if Europe was better market we would not have already replaced China with them? Do you think at all? Do you even have a brain or was it replaced by Trump's ass?

Soybean Oil Domestic Consumption by Country in 1000 MT
Map
Switch to: Growth Rate

Rank Country Domestic Consumption (1000 MT)
1 China 17,400.00
g.gif

2 United States 9,570.00
g.gif

3 Brazil 6,720.00
g.gif

4 India 5,200.00
g.gif

5 Argentina 3,045.00
g.gif

6 EU-27 2,155.00
g.gif

7 Mexico 1,150.00
g.gif

8 Bangladesh 1,000.00
g.gif

9 Egypt 760.00
g.gif

10 Algeria 740.00
g.gif

Europe is not a big market....

For those who claim that Trump is "the greatest negotiator that ever walked the planet" (beside Trump himself, that is) the surprise will be very disappointing.

Trump has picked the wrong fight, using the worst tools at his disposal probably because of his hatred of Obama. If you really wanted to have China buckle to our demands of better trade balances, less currency manipulation and have China curtail the stealing of our intellectual properties, THEN the best method would have been to REJOIN the TPP accords.

China will purchase her needs for soy beans and corn from such other countries as Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Mexico ,Peru, etc.......and we can expect that China may abandon its purchases of Boeing air crafts, opting for Air Bus from European (mostly France) manufacturers.

Yes, China may currently need our exports, but we are NOT the only suppliers of the commodities that Chain needs.....and once other suppliers step up to service China's needs, what would ever make that country seek supplies from her arch economic "enemy," the U.S.?
We had support.

But now that Trump has taken us out of all our trade agreements, as a country, we are going it alone.

China, on the other hand, is writing trade agreements with all of our old trading partners.

So yes, without a paddle.

Trump will get a better deal for Americans. And that's what it's all about. The Globalists threw American Workers overboard years ago. I truly believe Trump will work out a better deal for them.
OH BULLSHIT!

China holds 4.8% of the US debt. That's over $1 Trillion in US Treasury bonds they own with a promise to redeem on demand. All China has to do is threaten to cash in half of them and the US economy would go in the toilet along with our credit rating globally.

China holds the top hand and they could squash the Clown with ease IF they desired. China is in the process of raising it 11th Dynasty in world history and that fucking Orange Idiot will get run over by the Chinese juggernaut if he tries his stupid, supercilious bluff game the entire informed Universe is on to!!

Trump's trying. The Globalists have decimated American Workers. He's trying to get better deals. I wish him the best of luck.

Even though what he ends up doing is threatening even more American workers jobs....

Trump is clueless in this area... His first tarrifs were on solar panels...

Trump’s Solar-Panel Tariff Will Kill More Jobs Than It Can Possibly Create

"
The solar industry has been growing at an annual rate of nearly 68 percent, putting somewhere between 260,000–374,000 Americans to work across the country. “Solar installer” is set to be the fastest-growing job in the U.S. for the next decade. With the cost of solar dropping nearly 70 percent since 2010, the industry has made incredible strides in the effort to expand, and solar no longer seems like a niche avenue for the environmentally concerned to meet their electricity needs. But now, there are strong fears the tariff is going to put this kind of growth to a screeching halt and lead to massive layoffs across the industry. At least 23,000 jobs could be lost this year alone according to the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) and tens of thousands of more later on.

The solar-panel manufacturing sector won’t be able to replace those jobs. The SEIA argues that of the 38,000 jobs in solar manufacturing in the U.S., only 2,000 are focused on actually making the cells and panels. Optimistic predictions suggest the tariff might be used to add just 6,400 jobs in solar manufacturing. “There’s no doubt this decision will hurt U.S. manufacturing, not help it,” Bill Vietas, president of RBI Solar in Cincinnati, said in an SEIA statement."

He is not wrong in saying China is playing hard and fast with the rules but there are better ways to deal with it rather than a boneheaded trade war, which no one wins...

We had support.

But now that Trump has taken us out of all our trade agreements, as a country, we are going it alone.

China, on the other hand, is writing trade agreements with all of our old trading partners.

here's ANOTHER example

China invites Latin America to take part in One Belt, One Road

China sees an opening as Trump loses confidence of Latin America

China plans to build a 3,300 mile railway across South America ...

Building Influence: Chinese Infrastructure Investment in Latin America ...

So yes, without a paddle.

......and a final example (BUT, keep on eye on the TPP)

How Chinese Investment is Conquering Europe, Driving the US From ...

China's surprising sway over Europe, and 6 other global stories you ...

China pledges billions to build infrastructure and influence in Europe

New rail routes between China and Europe will change trade patterns ...

And all that is a drop in the ocean compared to what'll it be like once tariffs hit

If China really wanted to hit us they'd just sit out the next sale of US Treasury notes. With our ballooning deficit, the rate we'd have to pay would skyrocket. Trump would not need to put tariffs on imports, we wouldn't be able to afford any.

Ridiculous....do any of you leftists understand basic economics? Where else would China park their profits...the EU? The Chi-Coms are all bluff and bluster....pretty soon they'll be calling us "running lackey dogs" again, ala Mao and Chou en Lai. When we sneeze the world gets pneumonia.
The Chinese can use their cash for any number of things if they don't want US notes. They can buy companies and real estate anywhere in the world. If they set up companies in Mexico and Canada they could flood the US so long as NAFTA existed. They have money and no internal restrictions on how they use it. They are very dangerous.

Your solution for our NATIONAL SECURITY is to let them get even bigger and do nothing..............
Your either very confused or a really fucked liar or a combination of both. I'll wager the latter is the most likely. Sux's to be you and identified as a confused and fucked liar!
You are your own worst solution for our National Security .........DO NOTHING and continue to get screwed............
Now that's doubling down on stupidity!

FYI, hotshot, ignoring what China is doing from the South China Sea, through the Malacca Strait and across the Indian Ocean to the ME and westward to Africa with preparations to interdict over 2/3rds of the worlds trade cutting off India's trade routes and warning of that THREAT is exactly doing nothing and ignoring it WHICH IS WHAT THE ORANGE CLOWN AND COMPANY ARE DOING. Open your partisan eyes to the truth rather than projecting the Orange One's faults on others. The Clown is a bloody BLUSTERING COWARD. Wake the fuck up, dummy!
Who the fuck said I'm ignoring it butt head............

I'm ex Navy..............you want to know what we'd do if they challenge us there..............Why...........we would kill them........

Clear that up for you.
I'm ex Nav myself and I've spent considerable time on a good portion of those waters on a can back in the day. I wouldn't bet a single cent that the Orange One would confront China for a fucking thing they might do. Hell, the dumbass isn't even taking notice of what is going on in that part of the World! And don't try to bluff folks with that Rambo horseshit "Why...........we would kill them........". The Chinese are a patient sort and will act when all their ducks are in a row, hotshot!

I bet you were a terror in the scullery, cupcake!
LOL

Your TDS is showing.................and yeah I've been in those same waters back in the day..................I served in the engine rooms butt head.........

Electrician...........Did Team Spirit there...........including plane guard off Vlad............2 tours in the Gulf, Somalia 93, legal ops down south.....

So pardon me when I tell you to shove your opinion where the sun doesn't shine..................and yes should they try blockading us there........or firing at us .................We'd kill them..............

Don't care what you think about that opinion shipmate.
I served in the engine rooms butt head.........

Electrician...........Did Team Spirit there...........including plane guard off Vlad............2 tours in the Gulf, Somalia 93, legal ops down south.....
Really? WOW what a Salty sumbitch! Team Spirit in the engine room? WOW We weren't allowed team spirits underway. We had to wait for our spirits when we got liberty and hit the beach.

Yeah, we'd get pulled off the gunline every 10 -14 days to go chase a bird farm for a day or two of R&R on plane guard or life guard station, too. Then we'd run back in to the gunline, in '67 it was only I Corps and, for another 10-14 days unless we ran out to the horizon for an unrep to take on stores or oil, then run back in. In '66 we only had 2 barrel changes but that turned into 7 for '67. Did you get that kind of firing to slake your desire to 'kill em"? So plane guard was exciting for you though, eh? Our primary job back then was to save Marines!

I was in OPs and spent most of my time in radio central or on watch in CIC. No hot boiler or engine rooms for this ETN. But we never had to play cops because we were involved in a real shooting war and we were doing our best to make sure as many of those Marines ashore got back to the World when they called for fire. We weren't playing cowboys and indians, and we knew what our mission was.
Don't care what you think about that opinion shipmate
So what is really boils down to is your fucking OPINION? Lord Love A Duck you're a bloody blowhard and fraud!!

I'm sick of this thread. Gone on too long for something that shouldn't have lasted 2 pages. We have the very BIG market. China uses it, and floods our stores with her goods. That's how she has much more to lose. That's who loses a trade war. Simple as that.

We have the very BIG market. China uses it, and floods our stores with her goods. That's how she has much more to lose. That's who loses a trade war. Simple as that.

Moronic response.....

We are NOT talking about stopping those cheap Chinese goods coming to the U.S.

We are talking about China stopping U.S. commodities going there since they have other options/countries to import to China.

We have the very BIG market. China uses it, and floods our stores with her goods. That's how she has much more to lose. That's who loses a trade war. Simple as that.

Moronic response.....

We are talking about China stopping U.S. commodities going there since they have other options/countries to import to China.
and the best is china is targeting trump red states

Moronic response.....

The test will be about just how MUCH kool-aid these folks in red states have consumed.

Moronic response.....

The test will be about just how MUCH kool-aid these folks in red states have consumed.
just going by the trumpettes here it was a lot ....it blinded them ,,,,,maybe it's not patriotic saying this but I look forward to their cries of anguish..

just going by the trumpettes here it was a lot ....it blinded them ,,,,,maybe it's not patriotic saying this but I look forward to their cries of anguish..

The 30-seconds' ads by democrat candidates in these red states will be fairly easy to put together in the next 7 months......The warehouses filled with commodities that China refuses to buy from us, will tell a very sad story of Trump's abject stupidity in trade affairs.

The 30-seconds' ads by democrat candidates in these red states will be fairly easy to put together in the next 7 months......The warehouses filled with commodities that China refuses to buy from us, will tell a very sad story of Trump's abject stupidity in trade affairs.
AND I believe Chinese can endure much more pain than those dummies did ,under the 8 good years of Obama

Forum List

Back