🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who here "thinks" that China will blink first in the trade wars?

And by the way- there are legitimate issues with China- some of whom Trump addresses- and there are fake issues with China- all of which Trump proclaims.

If Trump is just using all of this bluster to negotiate on the real issues- then more power to him.

But I would be surprised if he is capable of that kind of patience- and frankly expect him to stumble us into a Trade war- and everyone will lose in a trade war- especially any of those who are not wealthy.
We will win trade war, and easily.

China Can't Win Trade War With USA

So said every country that ever went to war.

The reality is that everyone loses in a Trade War.

Trump will get a better deal for Americans. And that's what it's all about. The Globalists threw American Workers overboard years ago. I truly believe Trump will work out a better deal for them.
OH BULLSHIT!

China holds 4.8% of the US debt. That's over $1 Trillion in US Treasury bonds they own with a promise to redeem on demand. All China has to do is threaten to cash in half of them and the US economy would go in the toilet along with our credit rating globally.

China holds the top hand and they could squash the Clown with ease IF they desired. China is in the process of raising it 11th Dynasty in world history and that fucking Orange Idiot will get run over by the Chinese juggernaut if he tries his stupid, supercilious bluff game the entire informed Universe is on to!!

Trump's trying. The Globalists have decimated American Workers. He's trying to get better deals. I wish him the best of luck.
Trump's trying. The Globalists have decimated American Workers. He's trying to get better deals. I wish him the best of luck.
OH BULLSHIT...AGAIN!

That Narcissistic Clown doesn't know what he's doing and has placed the US and all of its citizens out on the proverbial limb. As far as your blaming "Globalists" for the woes of this Nation today, put that overly broad tar brush back in the bucket and educate yourself you insipidly deficient ground dwelling fool! tHrump is one of those you claim to disdain, but your licking up every drop of his piss you can. You are profoundly conflicted or perhaps just really, really terribly UNINFORMED!

The Idiot-in-Chief is not going to get squat from China in trade concession with his approach with his Carnival Barker shtick playing the tough guy because he's played that act too many times and shown himself to be nothing but a Gawd Damn marshmallow! His focus should be on China's military buildup, but OH HELL NO! He's concerned about keeping his dwindling base focused.

What in the hell do you imagine that Trump could do about China's military buildup? Oh, I know, perhaps he should be building up our own military? Wait, he is already doing that.

If Trump were to shut down trade with China, American consumers would feel pain. However, China's economy would hit the skids, and the money that China is using to build up it's military would dry up,.
What in the hell do you imagine that Trump could do about China's military buildup? Oh, I know, perhaps he should be building up our own military? Wait, he is already doing that.
Well Know-It-All, explain the Orange strategy to keep the South China Sea and the Malacca Strait passages open to keep China from closing those routes to 'certain' flagged vessels? What has he done to counter the two new PERMANENT Chinese Navy and Marine bases in Gwadar, Pakistan just down the coast from the Strait of Hormuz with current plans for ~150,000 Marines to be stationed there along with a full blow yard facility for Chinese ships and the second one across the way on the African coast in Djibouti with another Navy base and another planned ~150,000 Marines just downstream of the Red Sea and the Suez Canal.

So how much of the world trade flows through the South China Sea, the Malacca Strait, the Strait of Hormuz and the Suez Canal...65%-75%? What fucking good is it to build more planes, helicopters, missiles and ships if they are not projected to counter built infrastructure by a potential adversary, especially if our forces are STILL tied up in the ME and now central Africa? Damn you're fucking ignorant of just what is going on outside of tHrumps asshole garden!
If Trump were to shut down trade with China, American consumers would feel pain. However, China's economy would hit the skids, and the money that China is using to build up it's military would dry up,.
Did you get that information and a little plastic submarine for sending Corn Flakes box top and a dime to Kellogg's? Even the Clown would know that embargoing trade as you suggest would be suicide for this country and the economic impact to our economy would just be the ticket to get it started in earnest. That would be a sure way to get China to start waving around those $1 trillion in US bonds they hold. Stupid, stupid rabbit!

And China ALWAYS survives to rise again from any ashes of the former dynasty, but this wouldn't be more than a bad inconvenience for China to overcome. You really need to read some history. Start reading to edify thy dumb ass!

What I hear the most on this board is for America to become isolationist, just don't think we can go back, sounds good America 1st, that ship may have sailed. building strong relationships with other nations, do we know how to do that without wars or bribes? balance of power? well thought out policy's needed, no shooting from the hip.

When were you given a condo atop Mount Olympus, you Ike Wannabe? You frauds with your phony avatars to pump you up...Christ, what fools you truly are.

Another self ordained Know-It-All! The Orange One is a Gawd Damn Marshmallow, and the Chinese will eat that assholes lunch if he stays the course, while we will have to pay the bill!
Did you copy that from my posts quoting Pat Buchanan ?,,who said >> "Trade war ? Bring it on. We'll eat their lunch." Of course we will, because we have the high cards >>the big marvelous MARKET, making China dependent on us, while we have no need for them.
I don't read your fucking nothing posts until you make an ass of yourself responding to one of mine. If it's similar to Buchanan's smarmy musings, he must have paraphrased one of my essays which are cataloged at the college I attended when I went back to school in the late 80's.

This now exhausts the point that you have not learned a fucking thing and are resolved to remain ignorant of the topic of this thread which you have avoided to remain on or even beginning on this threads topic. As a curative, I recommend self-immolation to resolve your issues with playing nice - nice with others. Now :up_yours: and enjoy the experience as you have in the past so very often!

Trump will get a better deal for Americans. And that's what it's all about. The Globalists threw American Workers overboard years ago. I truly believe Trump will work out a better deal for them.
OH BULLSHIT!

China holds 4.8% of the US debt. That's over $1 Trillion in US Treasury bonds they own with a promise to redeem on demand. All China has to do is threaten to cash in half of them and the US economy would go in the toilet along with our credit rating globally.

China holds the top hand and they could squash the Clown with ease IF they desired. China is in the process of raising it 11th Dynasty in world history and that fucking Orange Idiot will get run over by the Chinese juggernaut if he tries his stupid, supercilious bluff game the entire informed Universe is on to!!

OH BULLSHIT...AGAIN!

That Narcissistic Clown doesn't know what he's doing and has placed the US and all of its citizens out on the proverbial limb. As far as your blaming "Globalists" for the woes of this Nation today, put that overly broad tar brush back in the bucket and educate yourself you insipidly deficient ground dwelling fool! tHrump is one of those you claim to disdain, but your licking up every drop of his piss you can. You are profoundly conflicted or perhaps just really, really terribly UNINFORMED!

The Idiot-in-Chief is not going to get squat from China in trade concession with his approach with his Carnival Barker shtick playing the tough guy because he's played that act too many times and shown himself to be nothing but a Gawd Damn marshmallow! His focus should be on China's military buildup, but OH HELL NO! He's concerned about keeping his dwindling base focused.

Well Know-It-All, explain the Orange strategy to keep the South China Sea and the Malacca Strait passages open to keep China from closing those routes to 'certain' flagged vessels? What has he done to counter the two new PERMANENT Chinese Navy and Marine bases in Gwadar, Pakistan just down the coast from the Strait of Hormuz with current plans for ~150,000 Marines to be stationed there along with a full blow yard facility for Chinese ships and the second one across the way on the African coast in Djibouti with another Navy base and another planned ~150,000 Marines just downstream of the Red Sea and the Suez Canal.

So how much of the world trade flows through the South China Sea, the Malacca Strait, the Strait of Hormuz and the Suez Canal...65%-75%? What fucking good is it to build more planes, helicopters, missiles and ships if they are not projected to counter built infrastructure by a potential adversary, especially if our forces are STILL tied up in the ME and now central Africa? Damn you're fucking ignorant of just what is going on outside of tHrumps asshole garden!
Did you get that information and a little plastic submarine for sending Corn Flakes box top and a dime to Kellogg's? Even the Clown would know that embargoing trade as you suggest would be suicide for this country and the economic impact to our economy would just be the ticket to get it started in earnest. That would be a sure way to get China to start waving around those $1 trillion in US bonds they hold. Stupid, stupid rabbit!

And China ALWAYS survives to rise again from any ashes of the former dynasty, but this wouldn't be more than a bad inconvenience for China to overcome. You really need to read some history. Start reading to edify thy dumb ass!

The horrors of it all. The Chinese are going to take over the world. Run for the hills. First, we can put aside your fears about China blocking world trade routes. We have two choices, we can accept it, or we can challenge it. And, it doesn't have a damn thing to do with the discussion on trade and/or tariffs, except for the fact that we, in our utter idiocy, have been financing their military buildup through dumbass trade policies.

China is a small part of our exports. We are a large part of China's exports. In a trade war with China, China loses big time. Meanwhile back at the fake news asylum, you loons are listening to Chinese propaganda, and like all good progressives, are in full panic mode.

As I recall, in World War Two, the little country of Japan was walking all over China. Not quite the super tiger that you imagine.

OH BULLSHIT...AGAIN!

When someone knows as little as you do about a subject, YOU should keep quiet about it. Wanna learn ? Read my posts in this thread. Free education.
When were you given a condo atop Mount Olympus, you Ike Wannabe? You frauds with your phony avatars to pump you up...Christ, what fools you truly are.

Another self ordained Know-It-All! The Orange One is a Gawd Damn Marshmallow, and the Chinese will eat that assholes lunch if he stays the course, while we will have to pay the bill!

Be prepared to pay more for everything. Thank you Mr. trump....the dumbest SOB to ever sit in the White House.
These Clown sycophants are totally ignorant of the existential threat China poses to the US both in trade and national security. For the first time EVER in the over four(4) millennia history of China, they no longer view their boundaries the extent of the World without need to look beyond it for ~4100 years.

Not so with the newly established foot hold of this new regime that threw off the British, Japanese and Russians. The heavy handed blustering and bullying of the Asswipe-in-Chief thinking he can out smart a people who think and plan in the LONG VIEW of decades and centuries instead of months or a few years has no chance of coming out ahead of China and their plans of inexorably expanding well BEYOND their borders.

The Idiot-in-Chief will keep on posturing and keeping the US on its slide down as another failed experiment in mankind's history. Nero and the Orange One have much in common in that respect.
So let's let them screw the world with Trade policy so their economic Growth allows them to become more powerful.................They are the fastest growing economy in the world...........and they are doing it while they screw the world over on Trade.........

Your solution for our NATIONAL SECURITY is to let them get even bigger and do nothing..............

You are your own worst solution for our National Security .........DO NOTHING and continue to get screwed............

Maybe we should hide under a rug.

For those who claim that Trump is "the greatest negotiator that ever walked the planet" (beside Trump himself, that is) the surprise will be very disappointing.

Trump has picked the wrong fight, using the worst tools at his disposal probably because of his hatred of Obama. If you really wanted to have China buckle to our demands of better trade balances, less currency manipulation and have China curtail the stealing of our intellectual properties, THEN the best method would have been to REJOIN the TPP accords.

China will purchase her needs for soy beans and corn from such other countries as Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Mexico ,Peru, etc.......and we can expect that China may abandon its purchases of Boeing air crafts, opting for Air Bus from European (mostly France) manufacturers.

Yes, China may currently need our exports, but we are NOT the only suppliers of the commodities that Chain needs.....and once other suppliers step up to service China's needs, what would ever make that country seek supplies from her arch economic "enemy," the U.S.?

The China Tariffs / trade war will not last. IMO - POTUS implemented them as a form of leverage against the sleeping dragon for his dealings with them in particualr on Little Rocketman

No. It depends on a lot of things. How long it lasts and the relative strength of the combatants. USA holds the high cards. China doesn't.

The China Tariffs / trade war will not last. IMO - POTUS implemented them as a form of leverage against the sleeping dragon for his dealings with them in particualr on Little Rocketman
Actually, I think it was China who implemented little rocketman as leverage against Trump, for his dealings with him regarding trade and tariffs (which were known about since the 2016 campaign)

You are so stupid it is almost scary you are allowed to vote.

If there was another market out there on a steady basis that would pay more, do you not think that our farmers would not have already been taking advantage of it?

This year for only the third time ever, more soybeans are planned to be planted than corn, meaning there will be more soybean than every to try and sell. Are you aware what happens when there is a surplus of supply and a shortage of buyers?

And the extended winter is going to make it even worse as people will end up planting beans where they were going to plant corn if they cannot get the corn in the ground soon.
Sorry for your ignorance but Europe is already buying our soybeans.

Your hope for the failure of our farmers is dashed from the beginning.

Yes they are, so who is going to pick up the market that is China since Europe already is? Do you think that if Europe was better market we would not have already replaced China with them? Do you think at all? Do you even have a brain or was it replaced by Trump's ass?

Soy beans are sold on a world market, with the price pretty much determined by supply and demand. If other soy bean producers decide to sell to China and not their other customers, then those customers have to find another supplier. The same amount of soy beans will be sold, as there is a market for soy beans. Only the actors change.

WOW, you need to go talk to the grain farmers and the Ag companies, I guess they are all too stupid to figure that out...or it could be you are a moron and they know more than you....hmmmm which could it be?????

A whole lot of people know more than I do. You are obviously not one of them. Farmers have been planting according to what they believe to be coming market conditions for many years, and this year will be no different. Changes in the soy bean market, pig market, or any other agricultural market will be affected only on the margins, if China does put tariffs on those products.

Clearly I am. You have no clue the concerns of the farmers. Farmers this year planned their planting by the market conditions, and then with one tweet those conditions were set on their head. This is the field I work in, and the farmers and everyone in the chain between them China are worried...but I will let them know tomorrow when I go to work that some moron on a political forum told me to tell them that everything will be ok...I am sure that will make them feel much better.

No. It depends on a lot of things. How long it lasts and the relative strength of the combatants. USA holds the high cards. China doesn't.

Certainly the United States has the advantage when it comes to the trade itself.

China has the advantage of being a totalitarian government that restricts what its citizens know and do.

China doesn't care if its citizens are hungry or unhappy- can you say the same thing for the lawmakers in the midwest once the farmers start going bankrupt?

China is a small part of our exports. We are a large part of China's exports. In a trade war with China, China loses big time. Meanwhile back at the fake news asylum, you loons are listening to Chinese propaganda, and like all good progressives, are in full panic mode.

th

Sorry for your ignorance but Europe is already buying our soybeans.

Your hope for the failure of our farmers is dashed from the beginning.

Yes they are, so who is going to pick up the market that is China since Europe already is? Do you think that if Europe was better market we would not have already replaced China with them? Do you think at all? Do you even have a brain or was it replaced by Trump's ass?

Soy beans are sold on a world market, with the price pretty much determined by supply and demand. If other soy bean producers decide to sell to China and not their other customers, then those customers have to find another supplier. The same amount of soy beans will be sold, as there is a market for soy beans. Only the actors change.

WOW, you need to go talk to the grain farmers and the Ag companies, I guess they are all too stupid to figure that out...or it could be you are a moron and they know more than you....hmmmm which could it be?????

A whole lot of people know more than I do. You are obviously not one of them. Farmers have been planting according to what they believe to be coming market conditions for many years, and this year will be no different. Changes in the soy bean market, pig market, or any other agricultural market will be affected only on the margins, if China does put tariffs on those products.

Clearly I am. You have no clue the concerns of the farmers. Farmers this year planned their planting by the market conditions, and then with one tweet those conditions were set on their head. This is the field I work in, and the farmers and everyone in the chain between them China are worried...but I will let them know tomorrow when I go to work that some moron on a political forum told me to tell them that everything will be ok...I am sure that will make them feel much better.
Why don't you show them the Congressional report I posted earlier..............on the abuses of State Run China...........................

And give them the whole story.................then let the chips fall where they may.

Certainly the United States has the advantage when it comes to the trade itself.

China has the advantage of being a totalitarian government that restricts what its citizens know and do.

China doesn't care if its citizens are hungry or unhappy- can you say the same thing for the lawmakers in the midwest once the farmers start going bankrupt?
In the US the MSM restricts what citizens know and do also. Media is overrun with liberal slanted fakery, especially as relate to Trump, whom they have been trying to derail for 16 months now.

The real difference though is the size of each country's exports to the other. China's is 4-5 times larger than the US, making China heavily dependent on the US market. Not so for America, whose exports to China are small (1/4) and relatively insignificant.

In the US the MSM restricts what citizens know and do also. Media is overrun with liberal slanted fakery, especially as relate to Trump, whom they have been trying to derail for 16 months now.

The real difference though is the size of each country's exports to the other. China's is 4-5 times larger than the US, making China heavily dependent on the US market. Not so for America, whose exports to China are small (1/4) and relatively insignificant.

LOL- gotta love the idiots who compare American media- to the Chinese state controlled propaganda machine.

Just shows how big your partisan blinders are.

And, it doesn't have a damn thing to do with the discussion on trade and/or tariffs, except for the fact that we, in our utter idiocy, have been financing their military buildup through dumbass trade policies.
And trade routes and their obstruction have nothing to do with trade? Are you fucking serious, fool?
As I recall, in World War Two, the little country of Japan was walking all over China. Not quite the super tiger that you imagine.
Your knowledge of history of the East is that of an infant ant! You obviously know nothing of the impact the Brits had over China and that no credible Chinese military org. existed as a singular unified force. And who claimed China was a force to be reckoned with in the late 1930's, fool! Your ignorance is showing dummy! China today is not the China of 80 bloody years ago. Stupid, stupid rabbit!

Why don't you show them the Congressional report I posted earlier..............on the abuses of State Run China...........................

And give them the whole story.................then let the chips fall where they may.

Trust me they are well informed on this subject, their very livelihoods depend on it. I was part of a Webinar last week and it has a major point of discussion even though it was not the topic planned.

You are a fucking moron, there are a 1000 ways to get information that do not include the MSM, what the hell ever that is.

For those who claim that Trump is "the greatest negotiator that ever walked the planet" (beside Trump himself, that is) the surprise will be very disappointing.

Trump has picked the wrong fight, using the worst tools at his disposal probably because of his hatred of Obama. If you really wanted to have China buckle to our demands of better trade balances, less currency manipulation and have China curtail the stealing of our intellectual properties, THEN the best method would have been to REJOIN the TPP accords.

China will purchase her needs for soy beans and corn from such other countries as Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Mexico ,Peru, etc.......and we can expect that China may abandon its purchases of Boeing air crafts, opting for Air Bus from European (mostly France) manufacturers.

Yes, China may currently need our exports, but we are NOT the only suppliers of the commodities that Chain needs.....and once other suppliers step up to service China's needs, what would ever make that country seek supplies from her arch economic "enemy," the U.S.?

How China Can Win the Trade War with One Move

...rare earth metals.

These are elements like dysprosium, neodymium, gadolinium, and ytterbium. They aren't actually rare, but they do play crucial roles in everything from smart phones to electric car motors, hard drives, wind turbines, military radar, smart bombs, laser guidance, and more. They're also quite difficult to mine and process.

It turns out the United States is almost entirely dependent on foreign suppliers for rare earth metals. More importantly, it's almost entirely dependent on China specifically for rare earth metals that have been processed into a final and usable form...

It woudn't take much to bring our country to its knees...

So, while I don't disagree that something should be done about trade with China, I'm not convinced this plan of action was well thought out...

Last edited:

How China Can Win the Trade War with One Move

...rare earth metals.

These are elements like dysprosium, neodymium, gadolinium, and ytterbium. They aren't actually rare, but they do play crucial roles in everything from smart phones to electric car motors, hard drives, wind turbines, military radar, smart bombs, laser guidance, and more. They're also quite difficult to mine and process.

It turns out the United States is almost entirely dependent on foreign suppliers for rare earth metals. More importantly, it's almost entirely dependent on China specifically for rare earth metals that have been processed into a final and usable form...

It woudn't take much to bring our country to its knees...

So, while I don't disagree that something should be done about trade with China, I'm not convinced this plan of action was well thought out...
Our rare earth mines have been shut down or went Bankrupt....................so yes this is a concern...................

The mines should be reopened.................we should not be dependent on foreign essential materials.............especially when they are needed for high tech weapons.................

Forum List

Back