🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who here "thinks" that China will blink first in the trade wars?

For those who claim that Trump is "the greatest negotiator that ever walked the planet" (beside Trump himself, that is) the surprise will be very disappointing.

Trump has picked the wrong fight, using the worst tools at his disposal probably because of his hatred of Obama. If you really wanted to have China buckle to our demands of better trade balances, less currency manipulation and have China curtail the stealing of our intellectual properties, THEN the best method would have been to REJOIN the TPP accords.

China will purchase her needs for soy beans and corn from such other countries as Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Mexico ,Peru, etc.......and we can expect that China may abandon its purchases of Boeing air crafts, opting for Air Bus from European (mostly France) manufacturers.

Yes, China may currently need our exports, but we are NOT the only suppliers of the commodities that Chain needs.....and once other suppliers step up to service China's needs, what would ever make that country seek supplies from her arch economic "enemy," the U.S.?

How China Can Win the Trade War with One Move

...rare earth metals.

These are elements like dysprosium, neodymium, gadolinium, and ytterbium. They aren't actually rare, but they do play crucial roles in everything from smart phones to electric car motors, hard drives, wind turbines, military radar, smart bombs, laser guidance, and more. They're also quite difficult to mine and process.

It turns out the United States is almost entirely dependent on foreign suppliers for rare earth metals. More importantly, it's almost entirely dependent on China specifically for rare earth metals that have been processed into a final and usable form...

It woudn't take much to bring our country to its knees...

So, while I don't disagree that something should be done about trade with China, I'm not convinced this plan of action was well thought out...

We could do without China's rare earth metals and mine our own, but at the present time it is cheaper to buy them from China than to mine them out of our own mine.

This could actually work to our advantage in the long run, right now China is mining them at record rates (granted they do have 30% of the world's supply on their (or should I say under) their soil. Let China keep sucking the earth dry and we can keep ours in the ground till they are really needed.

For those who claim that Trump is "the greatest negotiator that ever walked the planet" (beside Trump himself, that is) the surprise will be very disappointing.

Trump has picked the wrong fight, using the worst tools at his disposal probably because of his hatred of Obama. If you really wanted to have China buckle to our demands of better trade balances, less currency manipulation and have China curtail the stealing of our intellectual properties, THEN the best method would have been to REJOIN the TPP accords.

China will purchase her needs for soy beans and corn from such other countries as Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Mexico ,Peru, etc.......and we can expect that China may abandon its purchases of Boeing air crafts, opting for Air Bus from European (mostly France) manufacturers.

Yes, China may currently need our exports, but we are NOT the only suppliers of the commodities that Chain needs.....and once other suppliers step up to service China's needs, what would ever make that country seek supplies from her arch economic "enemy," the U.S.?

...rare earth metals.

These are elements like dysprosium, neodymium, gadolinium, and ytterbium. They aren't actually rare, but they do play crucial roles in everything from smart phones to electric car motors, hard drives, wind turbines, military radar, smart bombs, laser guidance, and more. They're also quite difficult to mine and process.

It turns out the United States is almost entirely dependent on foreign suppliers for rare earth metals. More importantly, it's almost entirely dependent on China specifically for rare earth metals that have been processed into a final and usable form...

So, while I don't disagree that something should be done about trade with China, I'm not convinced this plan of action was well thought out...
Our rare earth mines have been shut down or went Bankrupt....................so yes this is a concern...................

The mines should be reopened.................we should not be dependent on foreign essential materials.............especially when they are needed for high tech weapons.................

Why reopen it now when we do not need to? As long as China is willing to sell them to us ,why deplete our own limited supply?

...rare earth metals.

Our rare earth mines have been shut down or went Bankrupt....................so yes this is a concern...................

The mines should be reopened.................we should not be dependent on foreign essential materials.............especially when they are needed for high tech weapons.................

Why reopen it now when we do not need to? As long as China is willing to sell them to us ,why deplete our own limited supply?
I have no problem stock piling it and saving it for later................but if forced to of course we'd reopen them.

Your solution for our NATIONAL SECURITY is to let them get even bigger and do nothing..............
Your either very confused or a really fucked liar or a combination of both. I'll wager the latter is the most likely. Sux's to be you and identified as a confused and fucked liar!
You are your own worst solution for our National Security .........DO NOTHING and continue to get screwed............
Now that's doubling down on stupidity!

FYI, hotshot, ignoring what China is doing from the South China Sea, through the Malacca Strait and across the Indian Ocean to the ME and westward to Africa with preparations to interdict over 2/3rds of the worlds trade cutting off India's trade routes and warning of that THREAT is exactly doing nothing and ignoring it WHICH IS WHAT THE ORANGE CLOWN AND COMPANY ARE DOING. Open your partisan eyes to the truth rather than projecting the Orange One's faults on others. The Clown is a bloody BLUSTERING COWARD. Wake the fuck up, dummy!

...rare earth metals.

I have no problem stock piling it and saving it for later................but if forced to of course we'd reopen them.

Right now everytime we talk about reopening it China drops prices so that it is not financial profitable to do so. I say we just let them keep doing that, we can reopen the mine at anytime and have it operational in very little time.

Certainly the United States has the advantage when it comes to the trade itself.

China has the advantage of being a totalitarian government that restricts what its citizens know and do.

China doesn't care if its citizens are hungry or unhappy- can you say the same thing for the lawmakers in the midwest once the farmers start going bankrupt?
In the US the MSM restricts what citizens know and do also. Media is overrun with liberal slanted fakery, especially as relate to Trump, whom they have been trying to derail for 16 months now.

The real difference though is the size of each country's exports to the other. China's is 4-5 times larger than the US, making China heavily dependent on the US market. Not so for America, whose exports to China are small (1/4) and relatively insignificant.

You are a fucking moron, there are a 1000 ways to get information that do not include the MSM, what the hell ever that is.

Well you know that MSM is anyone who ever publishes anything mean to Trump.

...rare earth metals.

Right now everytime we talk about reopening it China drops prices so that it is not financial profitable to do so. I say we just let them keep doing that, we can reopen the mine at anytime and have it operational in very little time.

You would think that if rare minerals are such a strategic concern(which I think that they are) we would seek to protect them more than Steel or Aluminum.

You would think that if rare minerals are such a strategic concern(which I think that they are) we would seek to protect them more than Steel or Aluminum.
All are necessary..............some more than others..................Not being dependent............is in our interest.......

Your solution for our NATIONAL SECURITY is to let them get even bigger and do nothing..............
Your either very confused or a really fucked liar or a combination of both. I'll wager the latter is the most likely. Sux's to be you and identified as a confused and fucked liar!
You are your own worst solution for our National Security .........DO NOTHING and continue to get screwed............

FYI, hotshot, ignoring what China is doing from the South China Sea, through the Malacca Strait and across the Indian Ocean to the ME and westward to Africa with preparations to interdict over 2/3rds of the worlds trade cutting off India's trade routes and warning of that THREAT is exactly doing nothing and ignoring it WHICH IS WHAT THE ORANGE CLOWN AND COMPANY ARE DOING. Open your partisan eyes to the truth rather than projecting the Orange One's faults on others. The Clown is a bloody BLUSTERING COWARD. Wake the fuck up, dummy!
Who the fuck said I'm ignoring it butt head............

I'm ex Navy..............you want to know what we'd do if they challenge us there..............Why...........we would kill them........

Clear that up for you.

Why China Is Confident It Can Beat Trump in a Trade War

In the political realm, however, Mr. Xi enjoys advantages that may allow him to cope with the economic fallout far better than Mr. Trump can. His authoritarian grip on the news media and the party means there is little room for criticism of his policies, even as Mr. Trump must contend with complaints from American companies and consumers before important midterm elections in November.

The Chinese government also has much greater control over the economy, allowing it to shield the public from job cuts or factory closings by ordering banks to support industries suffering from American tariffs. It can spread the pain of a trade war while tolerating years of losses from state-run companies that dominate major sectors of the economy.

“My impression is that there is in Washington an exaggerated sense of how painful these tariffs might be” in China, said Arthur R. Kroeber, managing director of Gavekal Dragonomics, a research firm in Beijing.

If China really wanted to hit us they'd just sit out the next sale of US Treasury notes. With our ballooning deficit, the rate we'd have to pay would skyrocket. Trump would not need to put tariffs on imports, we wouldn't be able to afford any.

Ridiculous....do any of you leftists understand basic economics? Where else would China park their profits...the EU? The Chi-Coms are all bluff and bluster....pretty soon they'll be calling us "running lackey dogs" again, ala Mao and Chou en Lai. When we sneeze the world gets pneumonia.

China, definitely. The last thing China needs is a trade war with the world's largest market. The only challenge in this matter is "saving face".

I don't think ye get it... Xi is a leader for life and has total control over his News... He can take hits for years...

While on the opposite side China imports from America are heavily agricultural...

This trade war will be costly to both sides but China can take the hits better.

The TPP trade agreement would assured US a win on this as they could have moved there supplier of cheap good from China to other countries over time...

Problem you got is Trump is play snap when chess was the game...

I'm ex Navy..............you want to know what we'd do if they challenge us there..............Why...........we would kill them........

Clear that up for you.
I'm ex Nav myself and I've spent considerable time on a good portion of those waters on a can back in the day. I wouldn't bet a single cent that the Orange One would confront China for a fucking thing they might do. Hell, the dumbass isn't even taking notice of what is going on in that part of the World! And don't try to bluff folks with that Rambo horseshit "Why...........we would kill them........". The Chinese are a patient sort and will act when all their ducks are in a row, hotshot!

I bet you were a terror in the scullery, cupcake!

I don't think ye get it... Xi is a leader for life and has total control over his News... He can take hits for years...

While on the opposite side China imports from America are heavily agricultural...

The TPP trade agreement would assured US a win on this as they could have moved there supplier of cheap good from China to other countries over time...

You have it backwards. China cannot take the hits. The US is their largest (and # 1) export destination. If they cut this off, they cut off their right arm. They need the big US MARKET. We don't need them.

China Can't Win Trade War With USA

Clear that up for you.
I'm ex Nav myself and I've spent considerable time on a good portion of those waters on a can back in the day. I wouldn't bet a single cent that the Orange One would confront China for a fucking thing they might do. Hell, the dumbass isn't even taking notice of what is going on in that part of the World! And don't try to bluff folks with that Rambo horseshit "Why...........we would kill them........". The Chinese are a patient sort and will act when all their ducks are in a row, hotshot!

LOL

Your TDS is showing.................and yeah I've been in those same waters back in the day..................I served in the engine rooms butt head.........

Electrician...........Did Team Spirit there...........including plane guard off Vlad............2 tours in the Gulf, Somalia 93, legal ops down south.....

So pardon me when I tell you to shove your opinion where the sun doesn't shine..................and yes should they try blockading us there........or firing at us .................We'd kill them..............

Don't care what you think about that opinion shipmate.

Your hatred for trump is muddying up your focus of international trade relations. China can't win trade war with US. They need our market too much. Take a walk through WalMart. Look at how much stuff is Made in China.

They export to us, almost 5 times as much as we export to them. They need us. We don't need them. High cards are all ours.

upload_2018-4-8_20-49-6.jpeg

Trump already rubbed Chinese noses in soybeans. Our soybean farmers will make more than ever.

You are so stupid it is almost scary you are allowed to vote.

If there was another market out there on a steady basis that would pay more, do you not think that our farmers would not have already been taking advantage of it?

This year for only the third time ever, more soybeans are planned to be planted than corn, meaning there will be more soybean than every to try and sell. Are you aware what happens when there is a surplus of supply and a shortage of buyers?

And the extended winter is going to make it even worse as people will end up planting beans where they were going to plant corn if they cannot get the corn in the ground soon.
Sorry for your ignorance but Europe is already buying our soybeans.

Your hope for the failure of our farmers is dashed from the beginning.

Actually the US maybe the biggest producer and exporter of Soy products but Europe mainly used Brazil... The US produces 34% of the worlds Soya but Brazil produces 30 % and Argentina producing 18%... So two countries next door to each other actually produce more than the US...

So your ignorance is troubling here... By the way Europe orders from Brazil due to its higher protein and better quality...

By the way China has increasing its orders from Brazil for a while now...

You have it backwards. China cannot take the hits. The US is their largest (and # 1) export destination. If they cut this off, they cut off their right arm. They need the big US MARKET. We don't need them.

China Can't Win Trade War With USA

You keep saying it as if that makes it so.

Your hatred for trump is muddying up your focus of international trade relations. China can't win trade war with US. They need our market too much. Take a walk through WalMart. Look at how much stuff is Made in China.

They export to us, almost 5 times as much as we export to them. They need us. We don't need them. High cards are all ours.

View attachment 186925

The US takes 18% of China's exports... Considering export growth for 2017 was 7.9% alone and they run an autocratic country, they aren't worrying...

Forum List

Back