Who here would defend Ramos's right to buy AR's

I’m glad that you’re fine with the number of mass shooting deaths that Texas has. They’re still terrible at it compared to the other states.

Everything is bigger in Texas.
Why are you continuing to lie? Texas averages fewer than 1 mass shooting annually?

I would point out that you're an absolute moron but that would be an insult to morons.

Find any dope dealer and you can find a gun you can buy illegally anywhere in the US.
That’s nice. Quote the part where it says that anyone can illegally obtain a weapon.

One was more than 22. One was less than 22. Was that the best you could do? Point at a single incident in a crowded festival and equate that with a guy who can’t drive killing as many people in a small town after school gets out?

Stupid argument.
The only stupid argument being made is your own and your math skills are even worse.

How many dead and wounded in each of those events?

Both prove that even in the absence of guns it's quite easy to cause a mass casualty event.

The only stupid argument being made is your own and your math skills are even worse.

How many dead and wounded in each of those events?

Both prove that even in the absence of guns it's quite easy to cause a mass casualty event.
One had 84 dead I believe. The other had 5 dead and 20-something injured. One is less than 22 dead and one is more, like I fucking said. I’d rather have the 5 dead and 20-something injured.

1) The fact that something happened once isn’t proof that it’s easy to do.

2) Both of these events were during a festival or parade, large amounts of people. Your argument that this could have been done after school gets out is laughably stupid.

3) The guy apparently couldn’t drive well considering that he crashed all by himself.

4) He wanted to do maximum damage and he chose a gun to do that. There‘s a reason for that.

Your dumb arguments are multiplying.

Stating that something is a fact doesn’t make it a fact.

2. Defensive uses of guns are common:

"Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year... in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008."

What do you mean?
If Ramos had not been stopped and killed with a gun he possibly would have killed every human he seen for the rest of the day, it's possible he'd still be killing people. Though we will never know.

I think it's safe to say that he would have killed at least 20 more, so the gun that killed him saved 20 lives minimum.

2. Defensive uses of guns are common:

"Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year... in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008."

I don‘t dispute that guns are used a lot for self-defense.

If Ramos had not been stopped and killed with a gun he possibly would have killed every human he seen for the rest of the day, it's possible he'd still be killing people. Though we will never know.

I think it's safe to say that he would have killed at least 20 more, so the gun that killed him saved 20 lives minimum.
No disagreement there.

Criminals don’t follow the RULES
You really don't understand how stupid that is, do you? Your logic would mean no laws are worthwhile. It's against the law to rape, but rapists don't follow the law. It's against the law to steal a car, but car thieves don't follow the law. Is there any law you think we should keep?

You really don't understand how stupid that is, do you? Your logic would mean no laws are worthwhile. It's against the law to rape, but rapists don't follow the law. It's against the law to steal a car, but car thieves don't follow the law. Is there any law you think we should keep?
No it simply states correctly that laws don't deter those intent on committing criminal acts.

Laws punish crimes, the don't prevent them.

Forum List

Back