Who is Accountable for Mall Brawls?

I don't know. I guess if your kid goes and does some shopping and is well behaved, then you might be upset about these kind of rules. It's probably the minority of kids who rampage at the mall. I'm sure most of them (especially the girls) are there for the shopping. :)
As a parent. I knew the boys and girls go to the mall to meet the opposite sex. If I had a teenage girl going to the mall right now, I would go with her to make sure she would be safe. If they can't take a parent, then get another adult.

Don't you want your children mingling with the opposite sex? They will be socially inept if you don't allow them to be independent sometimes. You teach them values and then you have to let them go.
I understand what you are saying, but the malls right now are dangerous for kids. Until it is a safe place, I will go to make sure all is well. I favor banning teenagers going without an adult.

Well, I guess I'm thinking of my own area and my own local malls. We don't really have much violence around here.

I suppose if my local mall was the location of shoot outs or a lot of muggings, etc., I would be a lot more hesitant to let my child go there without my supervision. Heck, I probably wouldn't even want to go there. :dunno:

I don't know. I guess if your kid goes and does some shopping and is well behaved, then you might be upset about these kind of rules. It's probably the minority of kids who rampage at the mall. I'm sure most of them (especially the girls) are there for the shopping. :)
As a parent. I knew the boys and girls go to the mall to meet the opposite sex. If I had a teenage girl going to the mall right now, I would go with her to make sure she would be safe. If they can't take a parent, then get another adult.

Don't you want your children mingling with the opposite sex? They will be socially inept if you don't allow them to be independent sometimes. You teach them values and then you have to let them go.
I understand what you are saying, but the malls right now are dangerous for kids. Until it is a safe place, I will go to make sure all is well. I favor banning teenagers going without an adult.

Well, I guess I'm thinking of my own area and my own local malls. We don't really have much violence around here.
And it wasn't like this years ago either. The malls are saying they will ban them during high shopping times.

Mayhem?

Raise your hand if, as a kid, you did any of the following:

Threw eggs at houses on Halloween.

Threw snowballs at cars or at houses in winter.

Lit off fireworks in mailboxes or other private property on the July 4th.

Got into a fistfight with someone.

Shoplifted something.

Shot a BB gun at someone or at someone's property.

Mayhem?

Shoplifted something.

:desk:

Mayhem?

Shoplifted something.

Exactly.

Now...how many times in the past decade has your house or any of your neighbor's houses been hit with eggs on Haloween?

Mayhem?

Shoplifted something.

Exactly.

Now...how many times in the past decade has your house or any of your neighbor's houses been hit with eggs on Haloween?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/27/us/mall-fights-brawls.html?_r=0

Boredom is supposedly the culprit. Teenagers are allegedly bored so they gather in mobs, go to shopping malls and infringe on the rights of shoppers and business owners by engaging in fights and violence. Mall owners and management have come up with a solution to bar youths under the age of 18 from entering without an adult during certain hours. However, some view this as discriminatory and/or racist.

Those calling the mall curfew racist, what is your solution to prevent the violence and how are you going to protect the rights of shoppers and business owners?
You see the same thing going on in Gaza and the West Bank. Worthless children with nothing to do but cause trouble.
This is a result of #Blacklivesmatter and the Democrat's incendiary false rhetoric.

Ugh I must be like overprotective or something >.< My kid is turning 18 next month and I worry when he walks to his friends house on the other side of the lake...

Mayhem?

Shoplifted something.

I never did it in packs like these assholes are doing.

...It must be time for a nap, I completely forgot my statement addressing the OP lol

I'm still trying to wrap my head around them arguing that all these brawls were unrelated. Is that not weird to anyone else??

I just don't get it honestly, the whole fights at the mall thing I mean. Around here the fight still happens at the parking lot at school... maybe we're just too old fashioned up here.

Political correctness. Only the trouble making groups should be banned. Innocent kids shouldn't have to suffer due to the acts of thugs.

Holding parents financially accountable would probably give the parents some incentive to make sure their children are always on their best behaviors. :D
Is that going to work with the lower class thugs?
I wonder if she knows what goes on at the malls? Doesn't seem so.

Political correctness. Only the trouble making groups should be banned. Innocent kids shouldn't have to suffer due to the acts of thugs.

Holding parents financially accountable would probably give the parents some incentive to make sure their children are always on their best behaviors. :D

That doesn't go on at the malls around here. :dunno: I guess it all depends on where you live.

And how many times have you witnessed violence at the mall?

And how many times have you witnessed violence at the mall?
Seeing it on the news is enough for me. Let your teenager go, it may be fine and if not, you've learned a lesson.

Actually, there is a mall a few towns away that has had some violence, but I never go to that mall. There are two malls I frequent, and both are pretty high end.
And you don't think that could be a target for those who want to get back at those in a better place than they are?

Mayhem?

Shoplifted something.

I never did it in packs like these assholes are doing.

Whatever you say. We sure as hell roamed our neighborhood in groups.

You don't know anything about what happened in these mall cases. You don't know who did what. All you know is that you get a boner when you hear about some kids....especially black kids...acting like fools. You love to hear about it and talk about it.

Kids today.....all races.....are more respectful of the property of others than they were when I was growing up.

Actually, there is a mall a few towns away that has had some violence, but I never go to that mall. There are two malls I frequent, and both are pretty high end.
And you don't think that could be a target for those who want to get back at those in a better place than they are?

This seems rather paranoid, IMO. You have to live your life and you have to let your kids have lives too.

It's not paranoid at all... I can assure you there is a lot of unreasonable hate for the well off out there. There's a reason us rich folks have bodyguards...

Forum List

Back