Who Released More Non Citizen Convicted Criminals, Trump or Biden?

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
1727827640411.png

The above set of numbers originated from a written response from ICE to a request from House Rep Tony Gonzalez (R, TX) and, not surprisingly, circulating on social media like wildfire since then. The knee-jerk reaction of the Trump campaign has been that these are large numbers of criminals released into our neighborhoods by Biden administration but the truth is that these are cumulative numbers from decades, including those released under Trump administration! This topic is well-debated elsewhere, see some links in the comments section below and please add annotated links to any others that you have seen.

In this note, I focus on when did most of the releases of those with criminal convictions occur? Monthly release data by criminality are downloadable from www.ice.gov/… though unfortunately they only go back to FY20 monthly and to FY19 annually.

Now, on reflection it is clear that the absolute number of criminally convicted that are released by ICE depends on the overall number entering the ICE docket which varies tremendously year to year and month to month. So to assess the role of ICE we should look at the data as a proportion — the percentage that have a criminal conviction among the total number released.

The chart below shows this proportion before FY21, during FY21 (bridge year from Trump to Biden), and FY2-23. I excluded FY24 as it has a different reporting format and still considered provisional

1727826919000.png

Comparing Trump vs Biden years on proportion of criminally convicted in annual ICE releases

Clearly, the proportion is higher during Trump administration by a significant margin. Over 10% during Trump years, dropping to just over 3% in the middle years of Biden administration.

Next we look at monthly data around the transfer of power. I was not expecting to see such a clear signal as we see in the chart below.

1727826995399.png

Clearly, something changed in the new administration that caused the proportion to drop dramatically and immediately, as well as then stay low in the following years.

I realize that there are many moving parts that feed into this proportion so I invite comment from readers who are familiar with the historical policy context and how ICE processes have evolved during this period of analysis. Prima facie, it appears from the above analysis that the Biden administration has been remarkably MORE effective than the Trump administration at handling criminality among the illegal immigrant population, directly opposing a favorite Trump campaign talking point.

So Trump released more drug dealers, rapists, and murders than any President Since Bush?

Hmm.

View attachment 1020744

The above set of numbers originated from a written response from ICE to a request from House Rep Tony Gonzalez (R, TX) and, not surprisingly, circulating on social media like wildfire since then. The knee-jerk reaction of the Trump campaign has been that these are large numbers of criminals released into our neighborhoods by Biden administration but the truth is that these are cumulative numbers from decades, including those released under Trump administration! This topic is well-debated elsewhere, see some links in the comments section below and please add annotated links to any others that you have seen.

In this note, I focus on when did most of the releases of those with criminal convictions occur? Monthly release data by criminality are downloadable from www.ice.gov/… though unfortunately they only go back to FY20 monthly and to FY19 annually.

Now, on reflection it is clear that the absolute number of criminally convicted that are released by ICE depends on the overall number entering the ICE docket which varies tremendously year to year and month to month. So to assess the role of ICE we should look at the data as a proportion — the percentage that have a criminal conviction among the total number released.

The chart below shows this proportion before FY21, during FY21 (bridge year from Trump to Biden), and FY2-23. I excluded FY24 as it has a different reporting format and still considered provisional

View attachment 1020738
Comparing Trump vs Biden years on proportion of criminally convicted in annual ICE releases

Clearly, the proportion is higher during Trump administration by a significant margin. Over 10% during Trump years, dropping to just over 3% in the middle years of Biden administration.

Next we look at monthly data around the transfer of power. I was not expecting to see such a clear signal as we see in the chart below.

View attachment 1020740

Clearly, something changed in the new administration that caused the proportion to drop dramatically and immediately, as well as then stay low in the following years.

I realize that there are many moving parts that feed into this proportion so I invite comment from readers who are familiar with the historical policy context and how ICE processes have evolved during this period of analysis. Prima facie, it appears from the above analysis that the Biden administration has been remarkably MORE effective than the Trump administration at handling criminality among the illegal immigrant population, directly opposing a favorite Trump campaign talking point.

So Trump released more drug dealers, rapists, and murders than any President Since Bush?

Hmm.
That's very informative.

Well done.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
View attachment 1020744

View attachment 1020738

View attachment 1020740

Hmm.

You could add the 5,000 Taliban to Trump's list, even though they were in Afghanistan.

View attachment 1020744

View attachment 1020738

View attachment 1020740

So Trump released more drug dealers, rapists, and murders than any President Since Bush? Hmm.
1. Trump had closed borders with CBP "encounters' to "remain in Mexico" for their hearing.

2. Biden's open borders let 10m in, plus 2m "got-aways", plus 1m flown into the US via the CBP app.

3. So Biden let more criminals in, let 100,000 Chinese in, let 50,000 Russians in, and let hundreds of terrorists in, including ISIS and those on the terror watch list, in addition to the 435, convicted criminals.

Actually you could add them to Biden's list, I'm sure more than a few were let into the US by Biden's "open borders".

Nope, happened under Trump's deal and while Trump was president.

2 September 2020

"Afghanistan resumes Taliban prisoner release"

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
View attachment 1020744

View attachment 1020738

View attachment 1020740

Hmm.
the fallacy of many is to take a few example and create that bandwagon. Jump on board. Those on board will just jump at the opportunity because they do not have to think about it or justify it. They are just told what to think.

Life is Good

1. Trump had closed borders with CBP "encounters' to "remain in Mexico" for their hearing.

2. Biden's open borders let 10m in, plus 2m "got-aways", plus 1m flown into the US via the CBP app.

3. So Biden let more criminals in, let 100,000 Chinese in, let 50,000 Russians in, and let hundreds of terrorists in, including ISIS and those on the terror watch list, in addition to the 435, convicted criminals.
BS.

Republicans need to stop talking about immigration. Trump is why the problem exists now.

Forum List

Back