who says a President doesn't affect gas prices??

I want ALL YOU BUSH BASHERS to answer the above comment!
TELL ME THESE EVENTS DIDN'T OCCUR!
TELL ME 1.5 MILLION JOBS WEREN'T LOST DUE TO THESE EVENTS!
TELL ME THERE WERE NOT 5 MILLION MORE PEOPLE WORKING AT THE END OF 2008 THEN THE BEGINNING OF 2001!

TELL ME THOSE ARE NOT THE FACTS!

PLEASE I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BE WRONG BUT YOU NEED TO PROVE TO ME THOSE EVENTS NEVER HAPPENED!

DID THEY HAPPEN OR NOT?

Why do you want to use external events as excuses for Bush but you won't use them as excuses for Obama?

WHAT external events anywhere NEAR dot.com bust? 9/11? worst hurricane seasons???

NOTHING has approached those events so yea given those external events how could you blame Obama? You can't
BUT YOU can blame Obama for doing everything to destroy our country!
I mean NO president has EVER said these things:
I prefer to put 1,300 companies out of business that pay $100 billion in taxes each year and employ 400,000.
I prefer that utilities go bankrupt.
I prefer higher gas prices.
I prefer that utility rates skyrocket.
I prefer the military be disbanded and replaced by a group I control.
"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." (emphasis added)
Republicans Seem To Be Surging In Generic Ballot

TELL ME THERE WERE NOT 5 MILLION MORE PEOPLE WORKING AT THE END OF 2008 THEN THE BEGINNING OF 2001!

PLEASE I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BE WRONG BUT YOU NEED TO PROVE TO ME THOSE EVENTS NEVER HAPPENED!

DID THEY HAPPEN OR NOT?

Why do you want to use external events as excuses for Bush but you won't use them as excuses for Obama?

Come on...
tell me what has happened weather wise that happened when the
7 of top ten worst hurricanes ... yes each president had at least one BAD hurricane or earthquake... But NOT 7!
What other President had continental USA struck? FDR had Pearl Harbor...
What other President had a recession starting in Clinton period ended in 11/2001 and 9/11?
What other President had recession, dot.com bust/ 9/11 worst hurricane SEASONS.. all in 2 terms? NONE!

Again.. tell me what external events the magnitude of the above have occurred under Obama?

YET this idiot with NO experiences instead of making sure things are working DECIDES on BIG resolutions!
He has destroyed businesses, wants to destroy 1,300 businesses.. destroy our country!

right wing clowns are so disconnected to the actual breakdown in the price of a gallon of gas it's beyond laughable

To cut down on the glut of oil that is sitting around waiting to get refined.

then the president should own big oil and make the decisions to build more refineries

Nationalize the oil industry?

Don't tempt me. I'm so pissed at oil companies right now, I might just go along.

But in reality, I'm pissed at our lawmakers who line up for big oil's campaign contributions by passing more and more subsidizes for an industry that is already making record profits and squeezing the crap out of average Americans.

To cut down on the glut of oil that is sitting around waiting to get refined.

then the president should own big oil and make the decisions to build more refineries

Nationalize the oil industry?

Don't tempt me. I'm so pissed at oil companies right now, I might just go along.

But in reality, I'm pissed at our lawmakers who line up for big oil's campaign contributions by passing more and more subsidizes for an industry that is already making record profits and squeezing the crap out of average Americans.

that too .. :D

When Bush/Cheney left power, gas was $1.78 - the liberals cried fowl; claiming that it was so high, because of the two " oil men. " Now it is $3.64, and no blame on Obama; not a peep - liberals are full of shit!

$3.64!!!! I'd love to pay $3.64. I'm paying $3.89 and that's because I look for low prices, most are at $3.99.

Last summer was the highest I ever paid for gas and that was $4.09, I think it is going to go higher this summer. I'm thinking $4.50, which Obama wanted.

I'm paying $3.39 at the pump
Factor in my tax money that goes to big oil and that goes to $4.38.

Last edited:
When Bush/Cheney left power, gas was $1.78 - the liberals cried fowl; claiming that it was so high, because of the two " oil men. " Now it is $3.64, and no blame on Obama; not a peep - liberals are full of shit!

$3.64!!!! I'd love to pay $3.64. I'm paying $3.89 and that's because I look for low prices, most are at $3.99.

Last summer was the highest I ever paid for gas and that was $4.09, I think it is going to go higher this summer. I'm thinking $4.50, which Obama wanted.

Care to break down the math on that one? How do you pay 99 cents per gallon to an oil company?

Care to break down the math on that one? How do you pay 99 cents per gallon to an oil company?

Subsidies to oil companies amount to .99 to $2.01 per gallon (depending upon the state your in).

Subsidies to oil companies amount to .99 to $2.01 per gallon (depending upon the state your in).

You will have to forgive me for asking for more than your word on this. I have never heard of such a system. Can you provide a source to show the assertion as being factual?

What tax money goes to big oil? Can you break that down?

IDIOT! YOU are guessing... why is it so hard to provide a link like THIS dummy!
What do I pay for in a gallon of regular gasoline? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
What do I pay for in a gallon of regular gasoline?
The national average retail price of a gallon of regular gasoline in March 2014 was $3.53. The four main components of the retail price and approximate shares of the total price were

Crude Oil: 67%.
The cost of crude oil as a share of the retail price varies over time and among regions of the country. Refiners paid an average of about $100.00 per barrel of crude oil, or about $2.37 per gallon.
Refining Costs and Profits: 12%
Distribution, Marketing, and Retail Costs and Profits: 9%
Taxes: 12%.
Federal excise taxes were 18.4 cents per gallon and state excise taxes averaged 23.52 cents per gallon.
Last updated: April 24, 2014

So you dummy based on the "unbiased" Energy Information Administration..
You paid $3.39..
crude oil cost $2.27 for the crude oil
refining costs: .40
Retail costs: .30
TAXES: .40 of which Federal excise taxes were 18.4 cents per gallon and state excise taxes averaged 23.52 cents per gallon.
Total of your pocket 3.39...

SO where in the ...f...k is the "OIL SUBSIDIES dummy?
SEE when idiots like you you don't even think about looking at the numbers you are spouting!

In 2013, about 134.51 billion gallons1 (or 3.20 billion barrels) of gasoline were consumed2 in the United States, a daily average of about 368.51 million gallons (or 8.77 million barrels).
How much gasoline does the United States consume? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
So you dummy using the low end or $.99 per gallon SUBSIDIES you mentioned:
$133,056,000,000 paid to oil companies by Federal and states!

NOW you dummy... EXPLAIN how if the FEDERAL government is giving tax breaks (subsidies )of:?
$ 55.9 billion Accelerated depreciation of machinery and equipment
What are the largest tax expenditures?
AND you dumb f..k that is for ALL companies not just OIL companies!!!
Oh yea YOUR 50 states are paying "big evil oil $80 billion a year!
Geez how stupid you people are!!!

IT is truly amazing how totally gullible idiots like "No dog" make up totally UNREAL numbers!
Consider again that idiot saying The federal/state pays oil companies $133 billion a year!
How f...king stupid!

doesn't do any good to drill more oil if you don't have the refinery capacity. And oil companies have been closing refineries to keep the price of gas up.

Additionally?

Oil companies are producing more oil now, then in the past.

That's not something they want to do.

You don't make money when there's a glut of your product.

You do when your products price is controlled by the market. Coffee is another. We've had a glut of coffee for decades, but the price increases each year.

IT is truly amazing how totally gullible idiots like "No dog" make up totally UNREAL numbers!
Consider again that idiot saying The federal/state pays oil companies $133 billion a year!
How f...king stupid!

[MENTION=32646]healthmyths[/MENTION]

So you are going to dismiss the peer reviewed study from Roger Stern, an economic geographer at Princeton, who proves it cost the USA $7.3 trillion over 30 years to defend oil. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

DID THEY HAPPEN OR NOT?

WHAT external events anywhere NEAR dot.com bust? 9/11? worst hurricane seasons???

NOTHING has approached those events so yea given those external events how could you blame Obama? You can't
BUT YOU can blame Obama for doing everything to destroy our country!
I mean NO president has EVER said these things:
I prefer to put 1,300 companies out of business that pay $100 billion in taxes each year and employ 400,000.
I prefer that utilities go bankrupt.
I prefer higher gas prices.
I prefer that utility rates skyrocket.
I prefer the military be disbanded and replaced by a group I control.
"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." (emphasis added)
Republicans Seem To Be Surging In Generic Ballot

The worst real estate collapse/financial crisis since the Depression you moron.

Shut up for god's sake

How f...king stupid!

[MENTION=32646]healthmyths[/MENTION]

So you are going to dismiss the peer reviewed study from Roger Stern, an economic geographer at Princeton, who proves it cost the USA $7.3 trillion over 30 years to defend oil. :cuckoo:

A) YOU ARE RIGHT about money spent BUT NOT on oil companies BUT THE FLOW of oil ...
initially in the 30 years when Jimmy Carter (Democrat) thought appeasement as most Democrats is the answer!

Obviously you aren't old enough AS I am having lived through the gas lines of Carterville!
The 1979 (or second) oil crisis or oil shock occurred in the United States due to decreased oil output in the wake of the Iranian Revolution. Despite the fact that global oil supply decreased by only ~4%, widespread panic resulted, driving the price far higher than justified by supply. The price of crude oil rose to $39.50 per barrel over the next 12 months and long lines once again appeared at gas stations, as they had in the 1973 oil crisis.[2]

1979 energy crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

B) Today NO THANKS to a president that wants to put energy companies out of business the the USA is less dependent on Middle East oil.
If you took more time to do simple research you will see that:
1) In 2012, about 40% of the petroleum consumed by the United States was imported from foreign countries. This was the lowest level since 1991.
How dependent is the United States on foreign oil? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
2) Middle east provides today 12% of Oil imported
"People have tended to exaggerate how much oil we imported from the Middle East," says John Duffield, an energy expert and professor of political science at Georgia State University. "In the long term, it may look like a historical anomaly that the U.S. became so involved in the Persian Gulf," he adds.
Where Does America Get Oil? You May Be Surprised : NPR

So you incorrectly BLAME oil companies which again FACTS FACTS FACTS show it wasn't the OIL companies getting protection, but the OIL SUPPLY.. based
on experiences ALL Americans had in the 70s!
And so the political /military involvement grew and as ALL gigantic Federal enterprises ONCE they get started YOU CAN"T SHUT them off!

Middle East OIL is declining in importance to the USA!

Of course you and other idiots like this author you cited FORGOT two major reasons for involvement in Iraq!
A) 9/11 changed the equation!
B) 2.9 million kids are alive today in Iraq that would have starved by now because YOUR FAVORITE DICTATOR would still be in power if you had YOUR WAY!

Forum List

Back