🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who should be the next POTUS?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
It begins when the future POTUS is a child, for the child is the father of the man.

Maybe all of us should read biographies of past Presidents, and even those who lost to them, as we look ahead to 2016. Both the job and the man or women who is to occupy the Oval Office need to be serious, curious and committed to preserving our Union and making sure that our nation remains focused on this vision statement written over two centuries ago:

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Read the words and consider what they mean in this, the Twenty-First Century. And please, don't vote for a Charlatan or Demagogue; there are too many with too much ambition and too little vision to be given the power and prestige of the office of President of the United States.

DEMAGOGUE: a person, especially an orator or political leader, who gains power and popularity by arousing the emotions, passions, and prejudices of the people.

CHARLATAN: a person who pretends or claims to have more knowledge or skill than he or she possesses

A fiscally conservative candidate who supports most if not all of the following actions
Balanced budget amendment
Full government spending audit
Flat tax without exemption, exception, floor, or ceiling on every dollar earned by every citizen
Elimination of government programs and agencies that are not a result of specific power given in the constitution

Someone who can get the two narcissistic sides of the political spectrum to get the fuck over themselves, behave like honest adults, stop playing bullshit partisan games and work together to get America back to what made us the most prosperous and dynamic country on the planet.

And no, I don't think such a person exists.

• Banned
A fiscally conservative candidate who supports most if not all of the following actions
Balanced budget amendment
Full government spending audit
Flat tax without exemption, exception, floor, or ceiling on every dollar earned by every citizen
Elimination of government programs and agencies that are not a result of specific power given in the constitution

I'm sure there are several who will promise you all of the above, and then when faced with leading our nation will 'succumb' to the pragmatic for to succeed they will need to recognize that leading by ideology alone isn't possible.

Someone who can get the two narcissistic sides of the political spectrum to get the fuck over themselves, behave like honest adults, stop playing bullshit partisan games and work together to get America back to what made us the most prosperous and dynamic country on the planet.

Okay, I'll put you down as on the side of armed Revolution.:clap2::clap2:

I agree BTW

It begins when the future POTUS is a child, for the child is the father of the man.

Maybe all of us should read biographies of past Presidents, and even those who lost to them, as we look ahead to 2016. Both the job and the man or women who is to occupy the Oval Office need to be serious, curious and committed to preserving our Union and making sure that our nation remains focused on this vision statement written over two centuries ago:

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Read the words and consider what they mean in this, the Twenty-First Century. And please, don't vote for a Charlatan or Demagogue; there are too many with too much ambition and too little vision to be given the power and prestige of the office of President of the United States.

DEMAGOGUE: a person, especially an orator or political leader, who gains power and popularity by arousing the emotions, passions, and prejudices of the people.

CHARLATAN: a person who pretends or claims to have more knowledge or skill than he or she possesses

Well that rules out every politician who's going to run for the office, so let's just leave it empty for four years and see how that goes.

Last one was Ronald Reagan.

Col. Allen West, hands down!

Actually I'd like to see the Military take over in a Coup, hang them all, and supervise new elections.

Yes, I really think we've sunk so low that it's our only hope.

It'd be nice to find an economist that had political wherewithal to be a serious candidate. Obviously our deficit is going to determine the actions any President can take. Having someone who really understands the limitations of the debt, how to rectify it and is willing to work in that framework is probably a good place to start.

It'd be nice to find an economist that had political wherewithal to be a serious candidate. Obviously our deficit is going to determine the actions any President can take. Having someone who really understands the limitations of the debt, how to rectify it and is willing to work in that framework is probably a good place to start.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydZTHPkOnvE]Obama on raising the Debt Ceiling during his 2008 Campaign - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back