🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who should be the next POTUS?

Right now I would like to see Benjamin Carson.

I like Benjamin Carson, but I don't think he's electable, to good a human being.
But one who tells the truth and got nailed by the IRS for it. (Gee I wonder who ORDERED that)? He has a story to tell and personal experience as one whom has lived the American Dream. I think he could stand the test.

It'd be nice to find an economist that had political wherewithal to be a serious candidate. Obviously our deficit is going to determine the actions any President can take. Having someone who really understands the limitations of the debt, how to rectify it and is willing to work in that framework is probably a good place to start.

And you're a Liberal? How can that be?

Social Liberal and fiscal Conservative is not possible. How do you pay for Liberal Social programs and be Fiscally Conservative?

It'd be nice to find an economist that had political wherewithal to be a serious candidate. Obviously our deficit is going to determine the actions any President can take. Having someone who really understands the limitations of the debt, how to rectify it and is willing to work in that framework is probably a good place to start.

And you're a Liberal? How can that be?

Social Liberal and fiscal Conservative is not possible. How do you pay for Liberal Social programs and be Fiscally Conservative?

You can pay for a lot of the by cutting the corporate welfare. LOL.

Really you see what is essential...then assess your guaranteed income...and prioritize. On the liberal side...we should stop funding the CPB all together. If you're $17T in debt and it's not time to stop paying for Here and Now and On Being...when is it? Not sure this is a liberal thing or not but eventually the retirement age will have to be raised. On the conservative side...building new subs and destroyers and jet fighters when what we have is generations ahead of what our enemies have (or will have) is insanity that has gone fashionable.

I like Benjamin Carson, but I don't think he's electable, to good a human being.
But one who tells the truth and got nailed by the IRS for it. (Gee I wonder who ORDERED that)? He has a story to tell and personal experience as one whom has lived the American Dream. I think he could stand the test.

Oh, if he's on my ballot for President he's getting my vote. His kindness and niceness just scares me, he'd have to win against the two most corrupt political machines in history, the Republican establishment in the Primaries, and the monster of all political machines, the Democrat personal destruction machine in the National election.

I agree, unfortunately he is black also. And a black conservative stands little chance against a media that would want to destroy him.
I believe he is going to run. And just wait, we will see "Palin'sk" style of vitriolic ganging up by the media who will never stand for a minority/woman conservative to be elected nationally.

I agree, unfortunately he is black also. And a black conservative stands little chance against a media that would want to destroy him.
I believe he is going to run. And just wait, we will see "Palin'sk" style of vitriolic ganging up by the media who will never stand for a minority/woman conservative to be elected nationally.
Now it's victimization before the fact. That's one small step for Conserve-hate-ives...and one giant leap for Conserve-hate-ive kind.

An all black GOP ticket--------------Carson/West.

Would the media and the dems cry racism?

Somehow, probably, yes.

:laugh:

They'd call it the "Uncle Tom" team. The press would dig up every little discrepancy in their lives from birth, "he pooped in his diaper a lot", and God help them if either ever cheated on his grade school girlfriend or failed or cheated on his first grade spelling test!

It begins when the future POTUS is a child, for the child is the father of the man.

Maybe all of us should read biographies of past Presidents, and even those who lost to them, as we look ahead to 2016. Both the job and the man or women who is to occupy the Oval Office need to be serious, curious and committed to preserving our Union and making sure that our nation remains focused on this vision statement written over two centuries ago:

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Read the words and consider what they mean in this, the Twenty-First Century. And please, don't vote for a Charlatan or Demagogue; there are too many with too much ambition and too little vision to be given the power and prestige of the office of President of the United States.

DEMAGOGUE: a person, especially an orator or political leader, who gains power and popularity by arousing the emotions, passions, and prejudices of the people.

CHARLATAN: a person who pretends or claims to have more knowledge or skill than he or she possesses
IN other words, the current occupant...

Just look at what happened to Herman Cain.

Herman Cain is my 1st choice. Earned everything he has, is very smart and a helluva nice guy! He has forgotten more about economics than Obama and his clown administration know combined.

Just look at what happened to Herman Cain.

Herman Cain actually had skeletons in his closet that im glad the vetting was done. And I was an ardent supporter of his early on.

Carson seems very straight forward though.

It begins when the future POTUS is a child, for the child is the father of the man.

Maybe all of us should read biographies of past Presidents, and even those who lost to them, as we look ahead to 2016. Both the job and the man or women who is to occupy the Oval Office need to be serious, curious and committed to preserving our Union and making sure that our nation remains focused on this vision statement written over two centuries ago:

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Read the words and consider what they mean in this, the Twenty-First Century. And please, don't vote for a Charlatan or Demagogue; there are too many with too much ambition and too little vision to be given the power and prestige of the office of President of the United States.

DEMAGOGUE: a person, especially an orator or political leader, who gains power and popularity by arousing the emotions, passions, and prejudices of the people.

CHARLATAN: a person who pretends or claims to have more knowledge or skill than he or she possesses

The current POTUS isn't on the ballot in 2016 and to consider him either a Demagogue or a Charlatan is nothing more than an example of your partisan ignorance. That aside, it's fine to disagree with his politics, but in doing so one must have an understanding of the real world, and not frame everything within a narrow ideology.

The current POTUS isn't on the ballot in 2016 and to consider him either a Demagogue or a Charlatan is nothing more than an example of your partisan ignorance. That aside, it's fine to disagree with his politics, but in doing so one must have an understanding of the real world, and not frame everything within a narrow ideology.

You may now call me a partisan as well cause I consider Obama a total fraud. He was unqualified to hold the position. Never even held a real damn job. No connection to the lives of average Americans. He ran on "I'm the opposite of Bush" then when he won and changed little of Bush's policies he was given a pass. I guess that makes his supporters frauds as well.

Partisan indeed.

Forum List

Back