Who Taught You To Hate The United States Postal Service?

"To avoid even the appearance of any impact on election mail, I am suspending these initiatives until after the election is concluded," DeJoy said in a statement. He went on to say that between now and Election Day, retail hours at post offices will not change, no mail processing facilities will be closed, mail processing equipment and collection boxes will remain in place and that overtime for workers will be approved when needed."

All mail-in ballot fear-mongering aside -- I've never understood where this hatred for the post office stems from -- aside from a desire by donors to privatize it -- which I am sure is Louis Dejoy's wet dream...but exactly why do we feel the post office is suppose to turn a profit in order to offer a good service to Americans??

View attachment 376548

91% of Americans favorably approve of the Postal Service, that is the highest among any government agency -- and this is the same agency who are forced to fully fund employee pensions 75 years into the future -- and this is who we are complaining about not turning a profit?

It is called the Postal Service in the Constitution for a reason, not to provide a profit to shareholders, but to provide a service to Americans, just like the police department and the fire department -- both of which are not required to make a profit...
Who taught me to hate the USPS? Obama did.

The USPS is bad, and so is social security and Medicare. Same old empty garbage rhetoric. Go ahead and run on getting rid of them
See where it gets you.

"To avoid even the appearance of any impact on election mail, I am suspending these initiatives until after the election is concluded," DeJoy said in a statement. He went on to say that between now and Election Day, retail hours at post offices will not change, no mail processing facilities will be closed, mail processing equipment and collection boxes will remain in place and that overtime for workers will be approved when needed."

All mail-in ballot fear-mongering aside -- I've never understood where this hatred for the post office stems from -- aside from a desire by donors to privatize it -- which I am sure is Louis Dejoy's wet dream...but exactly why do we feel the post office is suppose to turn a profit in order to offer a good service to Americans??

View attachment 376548

91% of Americans favorably approve of the Postal Service, that is the highest among any government agency -- and this is the same agency who are forced to fully fund employee pensions 75 years into the future -- and this is who we are complaining about not turning a profit?

It is called the Postal Service in the Constitution for a reason, not to provide a profit to shareholders, but to provide a service to Americans, just like the police department and the fire department -- both of which are not required to make a profit...

It doesn't have to turn a profit. but it lost 169 billion dollars, losing about 4 billion dollars a year,..........and the service still sucks......

What about that dynamic is confusing for you?

Postal workers used to be a joke when they went ....well...."postal". These days they seem relatively rational and my rural delivery person is nice enough to deliver packages to my door instead of leaving them at the box or making me run the three miles to the P.O. to pick them up. Doesn't America have enough on it's plate these days without worrying about the freaking Post Office?

I don't hate the post office. It is one thing a country should always maintain. What I do not care for are a few crooked post people like the one who accepted another person's signature as mine for an extremely important document; all the while knowing damn well isn't wasn't me giving that sig out.
there are things that say MUST BE SIGNED BY ADDRESSE and other things anyone can sign for......
These were certified and would have had to be signed by me as they were letters for legal purposes.

Because government ran anything is usually a money sucking black hole disaster.
Well duh, the government has to take on the tasks that don't make a profit. Plenty of private companies also make vast amounts of wealth disappear. And those are the ones that are supposed to be making money.

It's a corporate reorganization and major upgrade of highly complex computer systems. What is working already, the way people expect it to, don't touch it till after the election. Big changes are coming, and serious glitches are inevitable.

The left is attacking our voting system from all sides.

From registering dead people to vote, to registering illegals, to mail-in voting, and newest... they're not stopping.

USPS files blockchain patent to secure mail-in voting
The United States Postal Service (USPS) has filed a patent application to use blockchain technology to streamline and secure mail-in voting.

The ‘Secure Voting System’ patent application, published by the United States Patent and Trademark Office last week, describes how the same technology that supports bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies could be used to “track and secure the vote by mail system”.

But wait, there is more!

The U.S. Postal Service is seeking a patent for voting by phone
The U.S. Postal Service has been quietly exploring a high- tech approach to voting that involve mobile devices, QR codes and the ledger technology known as blockchain.

The possibilities are set out in a patent application that describes a range of scenarios, including one where voters register to vote with an app, then cast their ballot via a QR code received in the mail.

Who approved USPS doing any of it? They can't even deliver mail securely, and now they want to game up and "regulate" voter registration and voting in elections?

I don't hate the post office. It is one thing a country should always maintain. What I do not care for are a few crooked post people like the one who accepted another person's signature as mine for an extremely important document; all the while knowing damn well isn't wasn't me giving that sig out.
there are things that say MUST BE SIGNED BY ADDRESSE and other things anyone can sign for......
These were certified and would have had to be signed by me as they were letters for legal purposes.
only if it was requested by the sender......it must be stated on the label to be signed by addressee only...otherwise it can be signed by who ever answers the door as long as they are at least 18 years old...

So you committed fraud by sending someone to the post office to pick up your mail?
Are you on drugs?

View attachment 376548

WOW! Pension plans for American workers. That's bad! <sar>
It's bad to be forced to fund pensions for workers who aren't even born yet -- no other entity in the country (private sector or government) has to do that.....

And despite this, the Postal Service still does its job.....

View attachment 376548

that is the most pathetic deflection I have seen in a while....but I expect that from a Trump sycophant...

By the way, remember this Obama quote the next time one of you dumb asses claim Obamacare was a govt takeover of health insurance...you moron

View attachment 376548

that is the most pathetic deflection I have seen in a while....but I expect that from a Trump sycophant...

By the way, remember this Obama quote the next time one of you dumb asses claim Obamacare was a govt takeover of health insurance...you moron

I've always said people give Obama too much credit for having for having any goal aside from his personal success. However, on this point Obama is right that while private carriers have prospered, the USPS has struggled just to survive, and he raises a valid question about just how much do we need the postal service and would the US be better off if we contracted private firms to deliver the mail and allowed the USPS to simply fade away.

Forum List

Back