Who thinks tomorrow (Thurs) is gonna be looooong day for The ONE?

I like Liability & consider him a grown-up here on the board (more than I can say for a lot of others) BUT shows what happens when you listen to the Pundits when starting a thread :p

But I didn't.

I read the decision, so unlike lots of the libs here, I was able to come to the my conclusion without outside "help." And totally unlike the libs here, I was able to come to the CORRECT conclusion.

There is not a single solitary shred of honesty or integrity in the pertinent part of the CJ Roberts' opinion.

He was RIGHT in denying that the Act could be sustained on the basis of the Commerce Clause.

He was RIGHT in denying that the Act could be sustained on the basis of the Necessary and Proper Clause.

He lied and twisted and contorted to pretend that it could be sustained on the basis of the Taxing Authority. :cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

If what he said were true (and it isn't) then there is NO rational basis to deny to the fucking Congress the power, authority and ability to use the taxing authority to legislate on ANY matter whatsoever.

It stuns me that you libs either cannot see this or refuse to admit it.

In other words? Roberts was MORE concerned with not only the legacy left by the Supreme Court...but of more import in his mind?

His Own. :evil:

Yes! He doesn't want the Roberts Court to go down in history as the SCOTUS that put naked, hyper-partisan politics ahead of what is Constitutional.

False, you dishonest hack. There may be tax consequences from decisions we make, but there has never been a tax imposed on us by the fucking idiot Federal Government for delining to make a purchase of what THEY have MANDATED we must purchase, before.

They have imposed a specific new TAX.

Give honesty a try, Ravi. Really. You might find it refreshing. Your stale stable of dishonesty is tired and all boring and shit.

Your stupidity is boundless and your dishonesty is a thing beyond legends.

If I don't take out a mortgage I must pay more tax than someone that takes out a mortgage.

There's no difference in the end result.

Sure there is. If you don't take out a mortgage, our idiot tax system saddles you with some idiot consequences. The problem thee is our tax system isn't fair or rational and it allows for this kind of bullshit social engineering. Yet you whack-a-doo libs object to flat tax or a fair tax. Shit. Make up your dopey minds.

By CONTRAST, if you don't comply with the mandate to BUY Obamaco's Insurance Products, then they will impose a very specific PENALTY on you which the CJ now calls a "tax" (even though Congress firmly resolved not to call it a tax).

You used the word "specific". So specify. Go for it, Hoss - tell us exactly what the criminal and/or civil penalties are, as spelled out in the ACA.

Or is that "irrelevant" now, too?

If I don't take out a mortgage I must pay more tax than someone that takes out a mortgage.

There's no difference in the end result.

Sure there is. If you don't take out a mortgage, our idiot tax system saddles you with some idiot consequences. The problem thee is our tax system isn't fair or rational and it allows for this kind of bullshit social engineering. Yet you whack-a-doo libs object to flat tax or a fair tax. Shit. Make up your dopey minds.

By CONTRAST, if you don't comply with the mandate to BUY Obamaco's Insurance Products, then they will impose a very specific PENALTY on you which the CJ now calls a "tax" (even though Congress firmly resolved not to call it a tax).

If your idiotic "complaint" is that economic choices (like to get a mortgage or not) have tax consequences, then you are right. Tehy do. But those consequences are OUR own fault for permitting our tax code bo be used in this manner and to be so incomprehensible and complex.

That's far different than a deliberate governmental decision to impose a PENALTY -- which it is (at least Congress was honest at the time they thought they had a right to use words in Congressional legislation).

Fuck ObamaCrap and the entirely dishonest notion that they have any right (in the name of a tax or on any other basis) to COMPEL us to BUY any particular product.

And fuck your dishonest analogies, too.

Do you take the mortgage deduction?
That's IRRELEVANT!!!! :lol:

Ask candycornball. She knows who The ONE is.

As do you.

The only ones who call him the "one" are idiots and Republicans (was that redundant)? I guess the Governor would be "the zero" in your vernacular?

WHO calls him that is quite beside the point.

What I said is that YOU know. Clearly, YOU did.

So does cowflop.

I know folks who call The ONE "Zerobama," too. It is spelled 0bama. I like that one.

Get over it.

Wait. Wait a minute.

WAIT ONE GOD DAMN MINUTE.

You mean that people are able to use the powers of their human brain to DEDUCE that you are referring to Obama? It wouldn't because you guys are obsessed with the stupidest nicknames to apply to him as an effort to marginalize and discredit him, would it?

Man. You blew my fucking mind Liability.

President Barack Obama

"The highest court in the land has now spoken. We'll continue to implement this law and we'll work together to improve on it where we can. But what we won't do, what the country can't afford to do, is refight the political battles of two years ago or go back to the way things were. With today's announcement, it's time for us to move forward."

Let it go, pubs. You're never getting it repealed.

If The ONE gets his ticket punched on Dejection Day and if the House stays solidly Republican and if the Senate flips over to the GOP column with enough extra votes to compensate for the RINOs, then you will be wrong, Sarah.

And all of those things are within reach.
Well, let's see:

Bishop Romney has already said that he would keep the pre-existing, the stay on until you are 26 years old, the closing of the donut hole, and a few more things.

So what is he going to repeal?

If The ONE gets his ticket punched on Dejection Day and if the House stays solidly Republican and if the Senate flips over to the GOP column with enough extra votes to compensate for the RINOs, then you will be wrong, Sarah.

Well, let's see:

Bishop Romney has already said that he would keep the pre-existing, the stay on until you are 26 years old, the closing of the donut hole, and a few more things.

Nothing, but he needs the tea party crowd to believe he will.

Well, let's see:

He said that? Do you have a link?

Well, let's see:

Nothing, but he needs the tea party crowd to believe he will.

Just more empty words to fill an empty teacup with.

If your idiotic "complaint" is that economic choices (like to get a mortgage or not) have tax consequences, then you are right. Tehy do. But those consequences are OUR own fault for permitting our tax code bo be used in this manner and to be so incomprehensible and complex.

That's far different than a deliberate governmental decision to impose a PENALTY -- which it is (at least Congress was honest at the time they thought they had a right to use words in Congressional legislation).

Fuck ObamaCrap and the entirely dishonest notion that they have any right (in the name of a tax or on any other basis) to COMPEL us to BUY any particular product.

And fuck your dishonest analogies, too.

Do you take the mortgage deduction?
That's IRRELEVANT!!!! :lol:
LOL! I knew he wouldn't answer that question either.

Well, let's see:

This guy isn't going to do anything if elected but sit on his ass and let congress call the shots. If he gets into a leadership position, he will be universally hated, like Bush was.

He's a big zero.

Well, let's see:

This guy isn't going to do anything if elected but sit on his ass and let congress call the shots. If he gets into a leadership position, he will be universally hated, like Bush was.

He's a big zero.

Neither you nor Synth recognize one basic problem in your "thinking." With the exception of lib loons, nobody likes ObamaCare.

It is getting repealed.

Who is The One?

Is JESUS COMING BACK?

I'll be ready with my chainsaw. No zombies coming for my soul.

Ask candycornball. She knows who The ONE is.

As do you.

The only ones who call him the "one" are idiots and Republicans (was that redundant)? I guess the Governor would be "the zero" in your vernacular?

Republicans are idiots and love to show it off with things like saying "the one"

Well, let's see:

He's a big zero.

Neither you nor Synth recognize one basic problem in your "thinking." With the exception of lib loons, nobody likes ObamaCare.

It is getting repealed.

Smart money? Stupid bet!

Wednesday :

Traders on Intrade, the Ireland-based political stock market that allows users to predict world events, say there is a 74 percent chance that the Supreme Court will toss out the individual mandate in Obamacare.

Read more: International gamblers dislike Obamacare's odds | Times 247

Ya...you go with that shyster. Ha...Ha.. Make any money on "Intrade" last week?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, let's see:

He's a big zero.

It is getting repealed.

Poll: Voter support for health care increases after SCOTUS ruling - POLITICO.com

Poll: Voter support for health care increases after SCOTUS ruling

A new Reuters/Ipsos online poll found that following the Supreme Court ruling that the health care law is Constitutional, support for the measure increased by 5 percent among voters overall and by 11 percent among indpendents.

soon the snowball will be an Avalanche ...

Well, let's see:

He's a big zero.

It is getting repealed.

Approval is 46%, disapproval is 46% with an increasing number of Indes approving. Here:

Heath-Care Repeal May Not Be Great Politics, Poll Finds

In the heat of Thursday’s Supreme Court decision upholding the administration’s health-care law, Mitt Romney and his fellow Republicans vowed to make repealing the law a central plank of their campaigns heading into November. The vote, they said, could hinge on Americans’ views on the health-care law.

Early polling suggests the issue might be less potent than they think.

A USA Today/Gallup poll of 1,012 Americans, taken as a snapshot right after the court’s ruling, found the country evenly split on the decision, 46%-46%, but with independents marginally favoring it. Only a third of Americans, and less than a quarter of independents, favored scrapping the law altogether.

Perhaps even more significant is that more than seven in 10 Americans called health-care overhaul either “not a major issue” or “just one of many issues,” suggesting there is little taste for a revival of the 2009-2010 wars over how best to improve the health-care system. Just 18% of independents said it was important for them that the candidate they voted for also share their views on health care.

Heath-Care Repeal May Not Be Great Politics, Poll Finds - Washington Wire - WSJ

Liability, I know you're disappointed but you just can't keep throwing arbitrary numbers for and against out there.

He's a big zero.

It is getting repealed.

Approval is 46%, disapproval is 46% with an increasing number of Indes approving. Here:

Heath-Care Repeal May Not Be Great Politics, Poll Finds

In the heat of Thursday’s Supreme Court decision upholding the administration’s health-care law, Mitt Romney and his fellow Republicans vowed to make repealing the law a central plank of their campaigns heading into November. The vote, they said, could hinge on Americans’ views on the health-care law.

Early polling suggests the issue might be less potent than they think.

A USA Today/Gallup poll of 1,012 Americans, taken as a snapshot right after the court’s ruling, found the country evenly split on the decision, 46%-46%, but with independents marginally favoring it. Only a third of Americans, and less than a quarter of independents, favored scrapping the law altogether.

Perhaps even more significant is that more than seven in 10 Americans called health-care overhaul either “not a major issue” or “just one of many issues,” suggesting there is little taste for a revival of the 2009-2010 wars over how best to improve the health-care system. Just 18% of independents said it was important for them that the candidate they voted for also share their views on health care.

Heath-Care Repeal May Not Be Great Politics, Poll Finds - Washington Wire - WSJ

Liability, I know you're disappointed but you just can't keep throwing arbitrary numbers for and against out there.

I didn't. You just did. Other polls show the numbers at a very different level, as you certainly know. In any case, I cited no specific numbers, arbitrary or otherwise. ANd I DID exclude lib loons.

It will be repealed.

I realize this makes you feel all bothered and troubled. But it's a good thing. This kind of shit has no place in our constitutionally limited Republic.

You may someday learn to actually embrace and cherish freedom and liberty in place of the false security of the nanny state.

Forum List

Back