Who wants to live in a polluted wasteland?

We know how Republicans want to live. Abolish the EPA, safety regulations, clean air and clean water. It's simply too expensive. Think Flint.

Like Detroit, Flint was run into the dirt by Democrats

HiroshimaDetroit.jpg

So who wants to live in the civilization in the top picture?

Two-Trips.jpg

I don't care if I am called a hippie! I don't want to breathe toxic chemicals!

CO2 isn't a pollutant, numskull. Plants need it to survive.

Plants also need sulfur and magnesium, so? What's a little death, amiright?
Sulfur and magnesium don't do jack to you if it's in the ground. Americans consume millions of tons of both substances every year with no ill effect.

Salt can kill you if you consume too much of it, but without a certain minimum amount you will die. The same goes for Sulfur and Magnesium.

You're boneheaded point was that CO2 can't possibly be a bad thing because plants need it. I merely pointed out that magnesium and sulfur are also important to plants and too much of it can kill. Thus, your point is worthless.

Two-Trips.jpg

I would say that we use the mass transport to get resources back and forth to build local cities as sustainable campuses that are SELF sufficient where people can use bicycles and other means of traveling within their complexes, and cut down on the mass traffic jams of cars and trucks.

Shuttles can be used to get people around city-states organized like satellite campuses.
And then organized transportation can connect these cities to each other or in a hub.

The main thing we need to get rid of is crime and corruption that prevents people from coordinating resource more effectively. As we solve those problems, we'll see more sustainable planning and development in our communities first, then statewide, nationally and internationally.

or...or...or we could live in small communities which are sustainable and close to all needed resources.

You think a small sustainable community could build automobiles or flat screen TVs?

Centralization is not the answer to every social problem.

We know how Republicans want to live. Abolish the EPA, safety regulations, clean air and clean water. It's simply too expensive. Think Flint.
You do know that Flint's mayor was a democrat until last year, right? I'd hate for your hatred to be based on a lie, wouldn't you? Oh, and the EPA was founded by a Republican. Need to keep that kind of stuff straight.

Two-Trips.jpg

Sulfur and magnesium don't do jack to you if it's in the ground. Americans consume millions of tons of both substances every year with no ill effect.

Salt can kill you if you consume too much of it, but without a certain minimum amount you will die. The same goes for Sulfur and Magnesium.

You're boneheaded point was that CO2 can't possibly be a bad thing because plants need it. I merely pointed out that magnesium and sulfur are also important to plants and too much of it can kill. Thus, your point is worthless.

My point wasn't that it couldn't possibly be a bad thing. That's your straw man characterization of my argument. My point was that it's not pollution because it's not toxic in anything approaching its current quantity. It would have to be at least 100 times more concentrated before it even starts to become toxic. Anyone who calls CO2 "pollution" is automatically a scumbag who's trying to deceive people.

Two-Trips.jpg

I would say that we use the mass transport to get resources back and forth to build local cities as sustainable campuses that are SELF sufficient where people can use bicycles and other means of traveling within their complexes, and cut down on the mass traffic jams of cars and trucks.

Shuttles can be used to get people around city-states organized like satellite campuses.
And then organized transportation can connect these cities to each other or in a hub.

The main thing we need to get rid of is crime and corruption that prevents people from coordinating resource more effectively. As we solve those problems, we'll see more sustainable planning and development in our communities first, then statewide, nationally and internationally.

or...or...or we could live in small communities which are sustainable and close to all needed resources.

You think a small sustainable community could build automobiles or flat screen TVs?

Centralization is not the answer to every social problem.

Economies of scale are the answer to making products cheaply. Small towns cannot support operations the size of an automobile plant.

Take a vitamin, it has magnesium in it...

Of course it does. Take too much magnesium and you die.

Too much oxygen and a lit match and BOOM.

Too much co2 in the environment and it affects our climate.

There is no empirical evidence for the last claim.

Says you.

Says the empirical evidence. Temperatures have been flat for the last 20 years even though the concentration of CO2 has continued to increase.

Two-Trips.jpg

My point wasn't that it couldn't possibly be a bad thing. That's your straw man characterization of my argument. My point was that it's not pollution because it's not toxic in anything approaching its current quantity. It would have to be at least 100 times more concentrated before it even starts to become toxic. Anyone who calls CO2 "pollution" is automatically a scumbag who's trying to deceive people.

I guess the epa who knows more than you are a bunch of scumbags. Not like it hasn't been drilled into your head that the epa is some fascist organization preventing you from licking lead based paint (obviously they failed).

So, scientists consider co2 a pollutant and in the grand scheme of things whatever you classify co2 as is irrelevant.

Take a vitamin, it has magnesium in it...

Of course it does. Take too much magnesium and you die.

Too much oxygen and a lit match and BOOM.

Too much co2 in the environment and it affects our climate.

There is no empirical evidence for the last claim.

Says you.

Says the empirical evidence. Temperatures have been flat for the last 20 years even though the concentration of CO2 has continued to increase.

The scientific community disagrees with you.

Economies of scale are the answer to making products cheaply. Small towns cannot support operations the size of an automobile plant.

No one builds vehicles in a single city any more. Small towns frequently are suppliers of components.

I guess you can try and politicize the lead problem in Flint if you want. Truth is, lead was used for joint connections when Flint's system was built. The EPA and DEQ both missed the problem of the acidity in the Flint River with the lead. So the switch caused the issue.

This effects children for the most part. In Flint that number is under 10,000. Refitting filters on school water supplies and filters or bottled water in the homes of kids should go a long way in correcting the problem.

Funny. Have Democratic mayor Dayne Walling change from Detroit's water system to the locally polluted river in 2014, refuse Detroit's offer to reconnect to their water system in 2015, have Obama's EPA take NO action to correct things and then blame Republicans.

I think liberals have drunk a lot of water from the Flint river. Nothing else except total dishonesty can explain your post.

Forum List

Back