Who was not public educated here?

School is 10 percent book learning, 90 percent social learning. And, most of the 10 percent is soon forgotten while the 90 percent is fixed in your brain forever. :omg:

I was a voracious reader
THAT is one of the biggest variables in intelligence. I didn't pay much attention in public schools because I already knew more than most of my teachers. My private school education (7th grade and post grad) was better because it had to provide something of value in return for the tuition charged

I first worked at age 10 with my first paper route. Built it from 1 to 3 across two competing papers and then outsourced the collections. We going to have a pissing contest to address the OPs question?
I was working as a Carnie at 14. Dad picked cotton when he was 7.

Now to the topic: there are many good private schools, and many sucky charter ones. Homeschooling, well you get what you pay for.

Too bad a private education doesn't keep you from making fun of people who make an honest living and hating the former president. What do you do for a living, castrate kids?

I'd be lost without my drill press (and my table saw, planer, jointer, sanders, router, band saw, powered hand tools, and common hand tools).

The Wood Shop. The real "Man Cave". :biggrin:

JET-1.JPG

Last edited:
I was a voracious reader.
Me too. If your grades were good you could get a 'library slip' to use during study hall periods. I was often the only one there, although I usually used my study hall periods to do my homework (I never took homework home. I had better things to do in the evening). :cool:

I have yet to see anyone coming from private schools be any smarter than those from public schools.
I'd challenge that with the high percentage (55% - 65%) of high school graduates in today's public schools are not proficient in math, reading and writing: e.g. New York (55%), Baltimore (93%), Chicago (79%)

The primary difference, besides the crappy curriculum selected by government, is the lack of family participation and engagement, which private school students excel.

Forum List

Back