Who was the worst traitor in U.S. history?

Jefferson Davis.

Bullshit. Try again.

So you dont consider trying to destroy a country through civil war being a traitor?

By that standard, I guess we could the founding fathers the greatest traitors, right? Committed treason against our king and all that.

Only difference is, the FF's won. The South didn't. The Colonies had NO legal right to declare themselves independent. The CSA had EVERY legal right at the time. A Supreme Court ruling after the fact just covers the US's ass but doesn't change a thing at time.

Not to mention a "civil war" (talk about an oxymoron) was not a plan. Secession was. The US brought the war.

Last edited:
:lol"

The reb revisionists practice absurdist humor.

Chewin' on sour grapes over an indefensible war that was never theirs and was lost a very long time ago. The ghosts of those confederate traitors haven't asked you to try and justify their treason, so stop wasting your time.

Chewin' on sour grapes over an indefensible war that was never theirs and was lost a very long time ago. The ghosts of those confederate traitors haven't asked you to try and justify their treason, so stop wasting your time.

Want to skirt the topic a little more with a lame attempt at deflection?

They justified their actions by law. Nothing you've got can argue with that.

You have an infinitesimally small grasp of US history. You need to go back to the foundation of the United States to the Battle of Fort Sumter and then get back to us before you start labelling the traitors of US history. I expect it might be an epiphany for you.

You have an infinitesimally small grasp of US history. You need to go back to the foundation of the United States to the Battle of Fort Sumter and then get back to us before you start labelling the traitors of US history. I expect it might be an epiphany for you.

The confederates started a war hoping to destroy a country over nothing more then a evil practice like slavery that is treason.

tapatalk post

The confederates started a war hoping to destroy a country over nothing more then a evil practice like slavery that is treason.

tapatalk post

What country?

The FF's started a war because they didn't want to pay taxes to the King. All this thread does is point out that to the victor goes the spoils.

The CSA had every right to do what they did. They just lost a war of attrition.

tapatalk post
I shall fall short of labelling you as a dingbat. However, you are coming very close to being one through you ignorance of American. WTF is wrong with public education? Are they unable to teach history?

tapatalk post

What country?

The FF's started a war because they didn't want to pay taxes to the King. All this thread does is point out that to the victor goes the spoils.

No they didn't. They started a war for selfish evil reasons. They were nothing like the founders.

tapatalk post

tapatalk post
I shall fall short of labelling you as a dingbat. However, you are coming very close to being one through you ignorance of American. WTF is wrong with public education? Are they unable to teach history?

Excuse me? I know history. You apparently don't

tapatalk post

tapatalk post

What country?

No they didn't. They started a war for selfish evil reasons. They were nothing like the founders.

tapatalk post

Think. The FF's started a war for selfish reasons. Evil is a matter of conjecture. They were EXACTLY like the founders.

History argues with that, actual written law argues with that, and the US Supreme Court argues with that. Go find another windmill, Quixote.

:lol:

That's funny, since I probably know more about the subject than you know about anything.
Then why in the world do you come up with some of the most ignorant posts almost completely lacking in historical perspective?

I wouldn't. Revisionist nonsense isn't "historical perspective, Meatwad.
It wasn't a conditional. It is especially appalling given that we are discussing the history of your own country, I assume.

Read, and stop making a fool of yourself:

States' rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What country?

tapatalk post

Think. The FF's started a war for selfish reasons. Evil is a matter of conjecture. They were EXACTLY like the founders.

Slavery is evil and that isn't conjecture. You van try and lie about it but the truth is still the truth. History didn't change because you wish it too. How idiots like you can idolize the co federated is beyond me but I am also a republican not a racist

tapatalk post

Read, and stop making a fool of yourself

Take your own advice. Ask someone to help you look up the Force Bill and Texas v. White, then STFU for a while.

Oh, and if you really want to "stop making a fool of yourself," don't try to use Wikipedia as a 'source,' professor.

Last edited:

History argues with that, actual written law argues with that, and the US Supreme Court argues with that. Go find another windmill, Quixote.

Incorrect. As previously pointed out, only an after the fact Supreme Court ruling made secession illegal to cover their butts. Then they backdated it.

Up to that point, no legal wording made secession illegal, and in fact, the CSA were not the first to threaten it. They were the first to try an carry it out.

In both cases, the military victors decided who was "right" and who was "wrong". Had nothing to do with actually being in the right.

Incorrect. As previously pointed out, only an after the fact Supreme Court ruling made secession illegal to cover their butts. Then they backdated it.

Up to that point, no legal wording made secession illegal, and in fact, the CSA were not the first to threaten it. They were the first to try an carry it out.

In both cases, the military victors decided who was "right" and who was "wrong". Had nothing to do with actually being in the right.

The SC was packed with a majority of Radical Republican appointees. The decision was guaranteed before it ever reached the court.

Forum List

Back