Who wrote the bible?

Riiight. Because in order to be a true champion of human rights, I have to burn down abortion clinics.

And if I don't adopt Chinese babies, I don't have a *right* to discuss the topic.

You guys just get crazier and crazier.

Oh, you have the right to talk out of your ass all day.

Until you actually DO something about it, that's all you're doing. Big talk, no action.

For me, I'd like to see there be less abortions, but I don't go about telling anyone their business with their own sex organs.

If the King James scribes were translating the Bible in today's world it would be the same as them sitting there doing it with guns pointed at their heads whenever there was a difference of opinion as to the translation of certain words.

If the King James scribes were translating the Bible in today's world it would be the same as them sitting there doing it with guns pointed at their heads whenever there was a difference of opinion as to the translation of certain words.

Thank you for that ignorant, irrelevant and completely unsubstantiated pile of crap.

Anything else you'd like to spew?

I'm not much into conspiracy theories, however.

Thank you for that ignorant, irrelevant and completely unsubstantiated pile of crap.

Irrelevant?
Your own thread of "who wrote the Bible" and you are such a defensuive wench you forgot what the subject is of your own thread.
And thanks again for the neg rep. Each one I get from you is a compliment.

Irrelevant?
Your own thread of "who wrote the Bible" and you are such a defensuive wench you forgot what the subject is of your own thread.
And thanks again for the neg rep. Each one I get from you is a compliment.

It's irrelevant because it's fantasy. And it makes no sense. Try again. You appear to be under the influence..what is with you guys blathering about things you know nothing about when you're wasted? Subject your drinking cronies to your intoxicated rants, but kindly spare us.

Last edited:
How the Bible was "handled" had nothing to do with the translations by scribes that took their orders from the monarchs and their religous influences of the day.
A thorough understanding and education in the cultures of the day when the translations took place is needed to understand not only the historical accounts in the Bible, which I believe to be fairly accurate, and the supposed commands by God that conflict with each other in different books in the Bible and were motivated more by the ideology of the day rather than by fact.
Sort of amazing those folks claimed to hear God speak and all of a sudden the big guy has clammed up for the last 2000 years.

Yes, that's the meme of the ignorant.

The truth is somewhat different, however.

You keep speaking of this "truth" yet fail to post one word as to what that "truth" specifically is.

The truth is the word of God,what this thread is about.

Who wrote the bible?

Bronze Age Savages who didn't know where the Sun went at night, or what a Germ was, or what an atom was, and everything they didn't understand was "God".

You don't practice Bronze Age medicine or bronze age food production or bronze age sanitation...

So why are you practicing Bronze Age Morality?

Then the bible is clearly the word of God since such things were written about in the bible.

Books of the NT:

"Their authors were associates of Jesus or his immediate followers, men to whom Jesus had entrusted the leadership of the early church. The Gospel writers Matthew and John were some of Jesus' closest followers. Mark and Luke were companions of the apostles, having access to the apostles' account of Jesus' life.
The other New Testament authors had immediate access to Jesus as well: James and Jude were half-brothers of Jesus who initially did not believe in him. Peter was one of the 12 apostles. Paul started out as a hater of Christianity, but he became an apostle after he had a vision of Christ. He was also in communication with the other apostles."

These are not Roman or Greek philosophers. Though some of the bible was written in Greek.

"Our modern translations are confirmed by a huge number of ancient manuscripts in both Hebrew and Greek, including the mid-20th century discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls. These scrolls hold the oldest existing fragments of almost all of the Old Testament books, dating from 150 B.C. The similarity of the Dead Sea manuscripts to hand copies made even 1,000 years later is proof of the care the ancient Hebrew scribes took in copying their scriptures."

Who Wrote the Bible - Is the Bible Reliable?

the writers were frauds.

all of them pretending to be people that new Jesus. copying names, but failing to copy styles.

All they wanted to do was build a faith that was easy to follow and you had to follow or you went to hell.

the rules are simple.

give us money
get baptised
give us money
pay us to marry you
give us money
pay us to baptise your kids
give us money
give us land
give us money
give us power
give us money
give us control
give us money

This is not a political disussion. :D

Proof Positive Kosher Girl is a Lonely Heart

around here, the wait can be an eternity

Amen!

Yeah....of course people who believe a 3500 year old fairy tale written by primitives are one helluva lot smarter than the rest. I mean it's a no brainer. Everybody knows that miracles like this happen every day:

1) Mankind and dinosaurs on a boat till nearly four mile deep waters receded/evaporated?

2)Big fish puking up live men?

3) Folks enduring a 1200 degreefurnace?

4) Seas opening long enough for the white hats to pass then closing on the bad guys?

5) Stone walls falling on command?

6) Evil people being turned into salt?

7) The sun blacked out by an invisilbe man in the sky

8) 5,000 hungry pilgrims plus women and children
being fed with two fish and five loaves then twelve baskets of leftovers collected?

9) Virgin Birth?

10) Healing leprosy by touching?

11) Walking on water?

12) Turning water into wine?

13) Raising from the dead?

14) Hanging a man up and bleeding him to death only to see
him rise again?

Are you folks even sane

But yet you believe that all we can see and can't see just miracuously happened with no direction from anyone or anything.

The truth, seek and you shall find,knock and the door will be opened. The truth takes some effort on our part.

Luk 11:9 And I say to you, Ask and it shall be given you. Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened to you.
Luk 11:10 For everyone who asks receives. And he who seeks finds. And to him who knocks it shall be opened.
Luk 11:11 For what father of you, if the son asks for bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a snake for a fish?
Luk 11:12 Or if he shall ask for an egg, will he give him a scorpion?
Luk 11:13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?
Luk 11:14 And He was casting out a demon, and it was dumb. And it happened as the demon was going out, the dumb one spoke. And the people marveled.
Luk 11:15 But some of them said, He casts out demons through Beelzebub the chief of the demons.
Luk 11:16 And others, tempting Him, sought a sign from Heaven from him.
Luk 11:17 But knowing their thoughts, He said to them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation. And a house divided against a house falls.
Luk 11:18 If Satan also is divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? For you say that I cast out demons through Beelzebub.
Luk 11:19 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.
Luk 11:20 But if I cast out demons with the finger of God, no doubt the kingdom of God has come on you.
Luk 11:21 When the strong man, fully armed, guards his dwelling, his goods are in peace.
Luk 11:22 But when one stronger than he comes, he overcomes him. He takes from him all his armor in which he trusted, and he distributes his arms.
Luk 11:23 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters.
Luk 11:24 When the unclean spirit has gone out of a man, he walks through dry places seeking rest. And finding none, he says, I will return to my house from which I came out.
Luk 11:25 And when he comes, he finds it swept and decorated.
Luk 11:26 And he goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and entering in, they dwell there. And the last state of that man is worse than the first.
Luk 11:27 And it happened as He spoke these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice and said to Him, Blessed is the womb that bore You, and the breasts which You have sucked.
Luk 11:28 But He said, No; rather, blessed are they who hear the Word of God and keep it.
Luk 11:29 But the crowds pressing on Him, He began to say, This is an evil generation. It seeks a sign, and no sign will be given to it, except the sign of Jonah the prophet.
Luk 11:30 For as Jonah was a sign to the Ninevites, so also shall the Son of Man be to this generation.
Luk 11:31 The queen of the south shall rise up in the Judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them. For she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon. And behold, One greater than Solomon is here.
Luk 11:32 The men of Nineveh shall rise up in the Judgment with this generation and shall condemn it. For they repented at the preaching of Jonah. And behold, One greater than Jonah is here.
Luk 11:33 No one, when he has lighted a lamp, puts it in a secret place, or under a grain-measure, but on a lampstand, so that they who come in may see the light.
Luk 11:34 The light of the body is the eye. Therefore when your eye is sound, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is evil, your body also is full of darkness.
Luk 11:35 Therefore take heed that the light in you is not darkness.
Luk 11:36 Therefore if your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the shining of a lamp enlightens you.
Luk 11:37 And as He spoke, a certain Pharisee asked Him to dine with him. And He went in and reclined.
Luk 11:38 And when the Pharisee saw it, he was amazed that He had not first washed before dinner.
Luk 11:39 And the Lord said to him, Now you Pharisees make the outside of the cup and the platter clean, but your inward part is full of plunder and wickedness.
Luk 11:40 Fools! Did not He who made the outside also make the inside?
Luk 11:41 But give alms of such things as you have, and behold, all things are clean to you.
Luk 11:42 But woe to you, Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and pass over judgment and the love of God. You ought to have done these, and not to leave the other undone.
Luk 11:43 Woe to you, Pharisees! For you love the chief seats in the synagogues and greetings in the markets.
Luk 11:44 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like unseen tombs and the men walking above are not aware of them.
Luk 11:45 And one of the lawyers answered and said to Him, Master, you reproach us also when you say this.
Luk 11:46 And He said, Woe to you also, lawyers! For you load men with burdens grievous to be carried, and you yourselves do not touch the burdens with one of your fingers.
Luk 11:47 Woe to you! For you build the tombs of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
Luk 11:48 Truly you bear witness that you consent to the deeds of your fathers. For they indeed killed them, and you build their tombs.
Luk 11:49 Therefore the wisdom of God also said, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute,
Luk 11:50 so that the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
Luk 11:51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who perished between the altar and the temple. Truly I say to you, It shall be required of this generation.
Luk 11:52 Woe to you, lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge. You did not enter in yourselves, and you have hindered those who were entering in.
Luk 11:53 And as He said these things to them, the scribes and Pharisees began to be terribly angry, and to draw Him out concerning many things,
Luk 11:54 lying in ambush for Him, and seeking to catch something out of His mouth, so that they might accuse Him.

Last edited:
You keep speaking of this "truth" yet fail to post one word as to what that "truth" specifically is.

Her "truth" is whatever she thinks it is, based on cherry picked Bible verses.

The truth is Gods's word, It is the bread of life.

Yo..........You Were Excreted............whether or not you believe it's God's Word or not, doesn't change the fact that most of you Christians cherry pick the Bible to prove whatever narrow ass point you think you pinheads are making.

Her "truth" is whatever she thinks it is, based on cherry picked Bible verses.

The truth is Gods's word, It is the bread of life.

Yo..........You Were Excreted............whether or not you believe it's God's Word or not, doesn't change the fact that most of you Christians cherry pick the Bible to prove whatever narrow ass point you think you pinheads are making.

Well i study the bible diligently both the old and new testament. Some cherry pick i agree, that is why there are so many different religions.

Pinhead ? because they disagree with your views.

Only one hit...I didn't think it would because ultimately, people who dispute the history of the bible, who cast aspersions on its authors and it's accuracy, don't really want to discuss the reality of it.

how many years after Immanuel's death was it written?

Only one hit...I didn't think it would because ultimately, people who dispute the history of the bible, who cast aspersions on its authors and it's accuracy, don't really want to discuss the reality of it.

how many years after Immanuel's death was it written?

Some books 30 to 40 years after his death, Some a little later. But what does it matter since Jesus was raised from the dead ? he appeared to paul after his death this was a man that once put Christians to death until Jesus appeared to him.

If all scripture was inspired by God it would not matter it was God's timing as to when the word was inspired and written down.

Last edited:
koshergrl....i love your deep search in bible....honestly i am muslim not christian and i read a bible a liltle....just to know and for the sake of knowledge for my self....knowing what others belief in.....my humble oppinion i say....do you consider al-quran (muslim book) as a source of information or knowledge....because it also a book of religion like bible....but its talk a lot regarding jesus, as in Chapter Mary (mother of jesus).... the different for period of time between jesus peace be upon him and someone with the name Muhammad peace be upon him, is almost like 600 year....i love to hear from you as what is you understand from your point of view regarding religion...because i believe in muhammad pbuh and i also believe in jesus pbuh in my own perspective...

The Bible was written by men, who never knew Jesus personally. The Apostles were chosen from common men, who were never taught to read and write. They were illiterate and therefore could not have written it.

At no point in the Bible is there an event in which God miraculously gave them the ability to read and write. If He had, that miracle would have been documented.

But, that doesn't invalidate the Bible. In fact, it corrects a misconception we have about it...that it is infallible. That's is simply not true. Only God is infallible and the Bible is NOT God.

The Bible was written by men, who never knew Jesus personally. The Apostles were chosen from common men, who were never taught to read and write. They were illiterate and therefore could not have written it.

At no point in the Bible is there an event in which God miraculously gave them the ability to read and write. If He had, that miracle would have been documented.

But, that doesn't invalidate the Bible. In fact, it corrects a misconception we have about it...that it is infallible. That's is simply not true. Only God is infallible and the Bible is NOT God.

In that case, how was it that Matthew was able to document who payed their taxes?

Christ could do anything, in fact, He gave the Apostles the ability to speak in different dialects. He used the Holy Spirit to enable them to speak languages they didn't know before the Holy Spirit enabled them.

Where in the Bible do you see fallibility? Because usually what some see as fallible turns out to be a mere lack of knowledge or understanding on their part. Like you not knowing that fisherman can read or write, or that Matthew cyphered, and John wrote.........

Forum List

Back