🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who's best at leading the country, democrats or republicans....

Just about all the participants on these threads kinda look down on Tiggered, but guys, I have a real debate purposed here and I want serious discussion.

Who has a better track record of bringing this country forward, Dem's or Rep's?

Forget about Obama and even Bush, lets go with records of accomplishments and let the chips fall were they may, shall we......

On your march, get set, lets go....and I promise to come correct, without cursing and being ghetto, lets stick with the facts and see how it plays out and please be honest and forthright...fantasy has no place here......

15a00d15151515c151515151515ef01515d15c15f151515a15150c-1500wi15

FDR: 2 terms of 20% Average unemployment should be dead last
Only if his policies helped create the mess...and it didn't. It was Hoover, ie a Republican who neglected the economy waiting on divine intervention from God to create jobs. His allowing the market to dictate economic policies for the country led to the failure of it. As did Bush in 2007.

There's really no way to answer that honestly, since there are two unknowable variables in the equation.

First would be the definition of "bringing this country forward", as I guarantee you the two sides of the ideological spectrum would disagree wildly on that.

Second, it could be very reasonably argued that the actions and term of a current President and/or Congress aren't fully realized right away. It could be that a good or a bad economy, for example, could be traced to one or two or three administrations earlier.

It's a good question for a standard silly partisan slap fight, but impossible for an honest person to answer.
Not if you deal with facts, silly rabbit!!
Yeah, both sides say that.

The reality is;

No political party advances the economy or the country. Americans do.

the more freedom we have (less government) the better we perform. So claiming one party saved the day is bullshit since they all have had a hand in creating the problem in the first place.

So untrue....if we were a nation of HONEST FORTHRIGHT LAW ABIDING CREATURES, THAT PHILOSOPHY MATTERS of less government, HOWEVER.....we're a nation of greed, opulence and neglect and those who partake in that role, rises to the top.

8 years of less government and oversight under Bush wrought this country and the world to almost economic ruin and the US Market did this all by its greedy self. We're talking policies here under party leadership and again, Republicans fail in this, its just fact!!!

Just about all the participants on these threads kinda look down on Tiggered, but guys, I have a real debate purposed here and I want serious discussion.

Forget about Obama and even Bush, lets go with records of accomplishments and let the chips fall were they may, shall we......

On your march, get set, lets go....and I promise to come correct, without cursing and being ghetto, lets stick with the facts and see how it plays out and please be honest and forthright...fantasy has no place here......

What do you mean by accomplishments ?

Like FDR. He kept the country in depression for years.

Is that an accomplishment ?

Once again you have to include the source of this depression and then comment. A strong economy can handle a weaken market, that's why ours today wasn't as bad as those back in 29. Easy credit was the culprit then and it was today, but safety nets, such as gov. programs helped stem us from a great depression, that's why the country lingered in FDR's term, no gov. safety nets...yet!!.

There's really no way to answer that honestly, since there are two unknowable variables in the equation.

First would be the definition of "bringing this country forward", as I guarantee you the two sides of the ideological spectrum would disagree wildly on that.

Second, it could be very reasonably argued that the actions and term of a current President and/or Congress aren't fully realized right away. It could be that a good or a bad economy, for example, could be traced to one or two or three administrations earlier.

It's a good question for a standard silly partisan slap fight, but impossible for an honest person to answer.

You can not argue or dispute facts and both side have them, but what side triumphs from it? Democrats do.

His allowing the market to dictate economic policies for the country led to the failure of it. As did Bush in 2007.
Bush didn't control the two biggest culprits, Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac. Barney Frank lied publicly that things were going well, he had to have known better. Nor was Bush the one pressuring banks to make high risk loans to get lower income folks into their own homes.

You incessant bleating about how fucked up Republicans are and complete blindness to anything Democrats screw up isn't going to accomplish anything except raise your blood pressure.

You can not argue or dispute facts and both side have them, but what side triumphs from it? Democrats do.
Well, if you have a method of determining how the actions and policies of an administration or a Congress effect future economic growth, and if you're able to leverage that method to illustrate how one party performs over time even as the future actions of both parties distort their actions, I'd love to see it. That's my profession, and I'm not aware of any solid data on that.

Looking forward to it, I'll write a freakin' book on it.

Last edited:
His allowing the market to dictate economic policies for the country led to the failure of it. As did Bush in 2007.
Bush didn't control the two biggest culprits, Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac. Barney Frank lied publicly that things were going well, he had to have known better. Nor was Bush the one pressuring banks to make high risk loans to get lower income folks into their own homes.

You incessant bleating about how fucked up Republicans are and complete blindness to anything Democrats screw up isn't going to accomplish anything except raise your blood pressure.

Lets get real for a minute, long before the market started effin with these mortgages, the first time homeowners deal was a win win for everybody and you know this. It wasn't until the banks began trying to figure out a way to maximize profits (thanks to deregulations, ie Bush) that all hell broke lose in the lending market and anybody and everybody was getting into the homeowners market. Also understand that it wasn't just the low income that caused banks to fail, it was much much more involved in this and PBS back in the day, did an extensive review of this story, I suggest you view it. Its called "Inside the Meltdown"

Well, if you have a method of determining how the actions and policies of an administration or a Congress effect future economic growth, and if you're able to use that method to show me how one party performs over time even as the future actions of both parties distort their actions, I'd love to see it. That's my profession, and I'm not aware of any solid data on that.

There's already a documentary about it....PBS, inside the meltdown.....talks all about past and future policies that took our economy to the brink in the early days of our own great depression

Well, if you have a method of determining how the actions and policies of an administration or a Congress effect future economic growth, and if you're able to use that method to show me how one party performs over time even as the future actions of both parties distort their actions, I'd love to see it. That's my profession, and I'm not aware of any solid data on that.

There's already a documentary about it....PBS, inside the meltdown.....talks all about past and future policies that took our economy to the brink in the early days of our own great depression
I'll look it up. I have yet to see a documentary on the Meltdown that wasn't skewed in one way or the other, but I'm always hopeful.

Lets get real for a minute, long before the market started effin with these mortgages, the first time homeowners deal was a win win for everybody and you know this. It wasn't until the banks began trying to figure out a way to maximize profits (thanks to deregulations, ie Bush) that all hell broke lose in the lending market and anybody and everybody was getting into the homeowners market. Also understand that it wasn't just the low income that caused banks to fail, it was much much more involved in this and PBS back in the day, did an extensive review of this story, I suggest you view it. Its called "Inside the Meltdown"
No, I don't know that. It was/is a mistake to take on more than you can afford. Bankers played fast and loose and home flipping was a national sport, but they were taking advantage of the system demanded by government. That isn't a free market.

I'll look it up. I have yet to see a documentary on the Meltdown that wasn't skewed in one way or the other, but I'm always hopeful.

Trust me, its informative, unbias and accurate in every sense and it points blame where blame is due.

Trust me, its informative, unbias and accurate in every sense and it points blame where blame is due.
Those Evil Banks?

No, I don't know that. It was/is a mistake to take on more than you can afford. Bankers played fast and loose and home flipping was a national sport, but they were taking advantage of the system demanded by government. That isn't a free market.

Agreed, but I can assure you, it wasn't poor people peddling this flippin mess, nor was it the poor getting huge loans from the banks. What poor people did do, that contributed to this mess, was take out equity in thier homes at the urgings of the banks and a lot of people, especially the poor and elderly got burnt and many lost their homes to the foreclosures.

Those Evil Banks?

No, not evil banks...greedy people that work for banks!!

Good luck getting the right to admit the new deal and other progressive liberal policies created the strong middle class the GOP want to destroy. Yes capitalism worked for all of us but only because democracy made it.

Those Evil Banks?

You mean run/own the banks.

Good luck getting the right to admit the new deal and other progressive liberal policies created the strong middle class the GOP want to destroy. Yes capitalism worked for all of us but only because democracy made it.

Thanks, its like waiting for paint to dry under water. They seem incapable of submitting to facts...I'll never understand it for as long as I live.

Those Evil Banks?

You mean run/own the banks.
Stockholders?

Forum List

Back