🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who's best at leading the country, democrats or republicans....

Demanded by the government? Can you quote a government official demanding the banks lend more or describe exactly how the government "demanded" the banks lend more money?
That was already mentioned. Read the posts.
Translation: Never happened.
...to an idiot like you.

I see.

The government can't "demand" the banks lend more money. Otherwise, Obama would have ordered it about 0.2 seconds after he came into office.

That you cannot back up your fraudulent claim is your problem beeotch.
You aren't my problem, retard. I mentioned Fanny and Freddie, you are still clueless a decade later. Go talk to your guardian about what the grownups on the computer said.

Those aren't banks. Try again loser.

That was already mentioned. Read the posts.
...to an idiot like you.

I see.

The government can't "demand" the banks lend more money. Otherwise, Obama would have ordered it about 0.2 seconds after he came into office.

You aren't my problem, retard. I mentioned Fanny and Freddie, you are still clueless a decade later. Go talk to your guardian about what the grownups on the computer said.

They worked with the banks, retard. There was the threat of losing FDIC insurance too, retard. This is really old news, retard.

...to an idiot like you.

I see.

They worked with the banks, retard. There was the threat of losing FDIC insurance too, retard. This is really old news, retard.

They "worked" with the banks. Earlier you said the government ordered the banks to lend money. Now it's "they worked with"....you should buy a mirror so you can debate yourself.

There was never, ever, a threat of losing FDIC insurance. The FDIC is to protect depositors; not the banks anyway.

Thanks for trying to sound like an adult. Do better next time.

Check please.

...to an idiot like you.

I see.

They "worked" with the banks. Earlier you said the government ordered the banks to lend money. Now it's "they worked with"....you should buy a mirror so you can debate yourself.

There was never, ever, a threat of losing FDIC insurance. The FDIC is to protect depositors; not the banks anyway.

Check please.
Hey cumstain, I said they ordered the banks to lend money and Freddy and Fanny were involved. You said they couldn't. But if they could pull the FDIC insurance it would be death to the bank. Learn to read and go fuck yourself, you ugly retarded witch.

The reality is;

No political party advances the economy or the country. Americans do.

the more freedom we have (less government) the better we perform. So claiming one party saved the day is bullshit since they all have had a hand in creating the problem in the first place.

I have always been curious, and please be specific....just what does the government do that stops progress in this country. We all experienced the Bush years of deregulations and what it brought to the nations and world economy, please what do they do?
This thread is a waste of time and effort. You're not looking for honest debate. You think the Democrats are the best at leading this country and nothing anyone can say will change your mind. Bush didn't destroy the economy, it was Democrats insisting that people who don't have a job qualify for loans they can't possibly afford.

If you think that poor ass black people took this economy to the brink, then I can't help you understand anything, because that is not the truth. The truth if you care to really learn what happened is on a documentary by the unbias PBS called the Meltdown..Watch The Full Program | Inside The Meltdown | FRONTLINE | PBS

There's really no way to answer that honestly, since there are two unknowable variables in the equation.

First would be the definition of "bringing this country forward", as I guarantee you the two sides of the ideological spectrum would disagree wildly on that.

Second, it could be very reasonably argued that the actions and term of a current President and/or Congress aren't fully realized right away. It could be that a good or a bad economy, for example, could be traced to one or two or three administrations earlier.

It's a good question for a standard silly partisan slap fight, but impossible for an honest person to answer.
Not if you deal with facts, silly rabbit!!
Yeah, both sides say that.

You can not argue or dispute facts and both side have them, but what side triumphs from it? Democrats do.
Well, if you have a method of determining how the actions and policies of an administration or a Congress effect future economic growth, and if you're able to use that method to show me how one party performs over time even as the future actions of both parties distort their actions, I'd love to see it. That's my profession, and I'm not aware of any solid data on that.

Looking forward to it, I'll write a freakin' book on it.

There's already a documentary about it....PBS, inside the meltdown.....talks all about past and future policies that took our economy to the brink in the early days of our own great depression

Thats the piece I was refering tooo...great idea and doc.

I see.

Check please.
Hey cumstain, I said they ordered the banks to lend money and Freddy and Fanny were involved. You said they couldn't. But if they could pull the FDIC insurance it would be death to the bank. Learn to read and go fuck yourself, you ugly retarded witch.

The feds didn't order anything...please stop lying!!

Not if you deal with facts, silly rabbit!!

You can not argue or dispute facts and both side have them, but what side triumphs from it? Democrats do.
Well, if you have a method of determining how the actions and policies of an administration or a Congress effect future economic growth, and if you're able to use that method to show me how one party performs over time even as the future actions of both parties distort their actions, I'd love to see it. That's my profession, and I'm not aware of any solid data on that.

There's already a documentary about it....PBS, inside the meltdown.....talks all about past and future policies that took our economy to the brink in the early days of our own great depression
I'll look it up. I have yet to see a documentary on the Meltdown that wasn't skewed in one way or the other, but I'm always hopeful.
Look, PBS is many many things, but bias isn't one of them and you know this...so once again stop with the refusal to learn facts!!!

considering the past 7 years, i do not think it is that hard to figger out, demorats along with the help of RINOS have nearly destroyed what was once a really great country. :up:

You want to talk greatness, talk about a country that offers health insurance for all its citizens and free education. Who embrace change without putting a noose around the necks of those who bring it. Who values all its legal citizens and discourages the exploitation of those who aren't. I can tell you one thing, it ain't Amerikka!!

His allowing the market to dictate economic policies for the country led to the failure of it. As did Bush in 2007.
Bush didn't control the two biggest culprits, Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac. Barney Frank lied publicly that things were going well, he had to have known better. Nor was Bush the one pressuring banks to make high risk loans to get lower income folks into their own homes.

You incessant bleating about how fucked up Republicans are and complete blindness to anything Democrats screw up isn't going to accomplish anything except raise your blood pressure.

Lets get real for a minute, long before the market started effin with these mortgages, the first time homeowners deal was a win win for everybody and you know this. It wasn't until the banks began trying to figure out a way to maximize profits (thanks to deregulations, ie Bush) that all hell broke lose in the lending market and anybody and everybody was getting into the homeowners market. Also understand that it wasn't just the low income that caused banks to fail, it was much much more involved in this and PBS back in the day, did an extensive review of this story, I suggest you view it. Its called "Inside the Meltdown"
No, I don't know that. It was/is a mistake to take on more than you can afford. Bankers played fast and loose and home flipping was a national sport, but they were taking advantage of the system demanded by government. That isn't a free market.

I don't know where you get off thinking the government was demanding that people work recklessly with borrowed money...the crime the US government made was allowing the market, ie Wall street to govern itself, to police itself and we all know how that turned out. You must watch this documentary, you must!!Inside The Meltdown | FRONTLINE | PBS

His allowing the market to dictate economic policies for the country led to the failure of it. As did Bush in 2007.
Bush didn't control the two biggest culprits, Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac. Barney Frank lied publicly that things were going well, he had to have known better. Nor was Bush the one pressuring banks to make high risk loans to get lower income folks into their own homes.

You incessant bleating about how fucked up Republicans are and complete blindness to anything Democrats screw up isn't going to accomplish anything except raise your blood pressure.

Lets get real for a minute, long before the market started effin with these mortgages, the first time homeowners deal was a win win for everybody and you know this. It wasn't until the banks began trying to figure out a way to maximize profits (thanks to deregulations, ie Bush) that all hell broke lose in the lending market and anybody and everybody was getting into the homeowners market. Also understand that it wasn't just the low income that caused banks to fail, it was much much more involved in this and PBS back in the day, did an extensive review of this story, I suggest you view it. Its called "Inside the Meltdown"
No, I don't know that. It was/is a mistake to take on more than you can afford. Bankers played fast and loose and home flipping was a national sport, but they were taking advantage of the system demanded by government. That isn't a free market.

I don't know where you get off thinking the government was demanding that people work recklessly with borrowed money...the crime the US government made was allowing the market, ie Wall street to govern itself, to police itself and we all know how that turned out. You must watch this documentary, you must!!Inside The Meltdown | FRONTLINE | PBS

They also did a story called "Breaking the Bank" as I recall.

...to an idiot like you.

I see.

That meltdown in 08' was not caused by low income people getting loans to buy houses....that was not the cause, you idiot. Think about this for a second, just a thought....do you honestly believe minorities who can't keep up with a house payment is not going to lose that house to forclosure? That banks who will call your note in a heart beat just sat around and waited? Wall Street was gambling with your money, your pensions, your stocks and they ran out of money and the note came due. After 9/11 this country went on a spending frenzy and CREDIT CREDIT CREDIT IS WHAT TOOK US DOWN THE ROAD.....IT WAS CREDIT....PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELF OR SHUT THE FUCK UP, I'M SICK OF YOU NUTS!!

They also did a story called "Breaking the Bank" as I recall.
Breaking The Bank | FRONTLINE | PBS

Folks, I knew this thread would slowly dissolve itself because discussing issues with facts to the morons here, ie conservatives is a rough road. You people refuse to acknowledge facts and on that note, I bid you morons ado!!

I'll look it up. I have yet to see a documentary on the Meltdown that wasn't skewed in one way or the other, but I'm always hopeful.
Look, PBS is many many things, but bias isn't one of them and you know this...so once again stop with the refusal to learn facts!!!
I'm in the industry. I know fact from fiction in this story.

And as with everything else, the story has become politicized, so your "facts" may well be slanted.

Both sides of the political spectrum are just so convinced they've a vice-like grip on this stuff.

And as with everything else, the story has become politicized, so your "facts" may well be slanted.

Both sides of the political spectrum are just so convinced they've a vice-like grip on this stuff.

The facts are this, when it comes to governing this great nation, democrats, however akward and cowardly we act, we get shit done and it works for everybody, that is just fact. Now I challenge you to name one policy that a republican put forth that worked in the interest of all...excluding FMLA...the best and only thing I can think of that they've done.

The facts are this, when it comes to governing this great nation, democrats, however akward and cowardly we act, we get shit done and it works for everybody, that is just fact. Now I challenge you to name one policy that a republican put forth that worked in the interest of all...excluding FMLA...the best and only thing I can think of that they've done.
Nice to see we've moved on from the Meltdown.

Ask a Republican or a conservative this stuff, I've had enough of playing 20 questions with posters today.

Nice to see we've moved on from the Meltdown.

Ask a Republican or a conservative this stuff, I've had enough of playing 20 questions with posters today.

Agreed, have a wonderful day, kid

Did I mention, I've worked in the mortgage industry for almost 20 years.

Forum List

Back