‘Who’s going to vacuum our living rooms?’

View attachment 70426

Perhaps some of the most surprising comments during the interview came as Ivana, who is a Czechoslovakia native, spoke about immigration, noting she looked favorably on newcomers taking the route to become legal citizens.

“As long as you come here legally and get a proper job . . . we need immigrants,” she said. “Who’s going to vacuum our living rooms and clean up after us? Americans don’t like to do that.”

Ivana Trump on immigration: ‘Who’s going to vacuum our living rooms?’ - The Boston Globe
The first thing I thought is how insulting that is to immigrants then I thought how arrogant she is. Then I thought how untrue it is. I live in metro Detroit. The black Americans who got out of Detroit after the bush recession and now live in my area will clean your place for $100. Ever hear of Molly maids? Those are white American women.

The corporations want/need more people not less.

I see Republicans are shifting back to being pro immigration. Flip flop

I currently use Molly maids both of my houses Palm Springs and Key Biscayne. And so are my relatives and my white neighborhood. So far I have not seen white or black woman but most are Hispanics or Asians.

We have created a monster. Our youth r lazy n want everything but don't want to put in the work. U have illegals who Will not only do these jobs but do it with pride. Our work ethic has demenished, fix that n u have won half the battle.
In my area we have a molly maid company that is all white girls. And I know black people who will do housekeeping. We don't need more cheap labor. People who want a maid need to pay an American an American wage.

I know white landscapers. We don't need immigrants for anything.

Why do we need immigrants? Why do we need more people not less? Americans will start business' to supply demand.

Who here thinks we need immigrants?

Who need more immigrants? I do and we do........ If you can find enough American workers that can fulfill all the labor needed in this country then I'm with you..............
Based from what I'm reading from you ...........I think you are limited or quarantined in Detroit.

When I read the statement Ivana made on that the other day, I was wondering how Trump supporters would react? Would they ignore it, would they make excuses for it?
Why would anyone give a shit about what Trump's ex-wife says?
Because it is his world. It is the world he inhabits. Do you think his household staff are white, natural born Americans?
real-estate-developer-donald-trump-w-wife-ivana-sitting-in-their-home-picture-id50463135
This doesn't prove they are 'white' natural born Americans. They could be Arabic, Hispanic, etc. Proves nothing. I'll bet a lot of them are Eastern Europeans or Eurasians who are working at slave wages. And this group does not include the maids, gardeners, etc. The people who do the real dirty work--like the vacuuming. Those people aren't shown and are probably far more obviously non-'white' and non-American.
T-Rump is an elitist. If you don't realize that you are really obtuse.
You have no proof of that whatsoever.

We have created a monster. Our youth r lazy n want everything but don't want to put in the work. U have illegals who Will not only do these jobs but do it with pride. Our work ethic has demenished, fix that n u have won half the battle.
In my area we have a molly maid company that is all white girls. And I know black people who will do housekeeping. We don't need more cheap labor. People who want a maid need to pay an American an American wage.

I know white landscapers. We don't need immigrants for anything.

Why do we need immigrants? Why do we need more people not less? Americans will start business' to supply demand.

Who here thinks we need immigrants?

Who need more immigrants? I do and we do........ If you can find enough American workers that can fulfill all the labor needed in this country then I'm with you..............
Based from what I'm reading from you ...........I think you are limited or quarantined in Detroit.
There r plenty of American men, they just don't want to learn a trade, n the illegals will gladly learn the trade that many American grandfathers and dads used to do. The gov. And society puts so much stock n a degree ( which is important) but wouldn't u agree a trade to b just as important? Its becoming the lost art of later days, because illegals will come in n do the job for less money but won't put in the level of workmanship this country used to b known for. We've created this monster.

When I read the statement Ivana made on that the other day, I was wondering how Trump supporters would react? Would they ignore it, would they make excuses for it?
Ivana won't even be First Lady, why does anyone care what she says?

Because it is his world. It is the world he inhabits. Do you think his household staff are white, natural born Americans?
real-estate-developer-donald-trump-w-wife-ivana-sitting-in-their-home-picture-id50463135
This doesn't prove they are 'white' natural born Americans. They could be Arabic, Hispanic, etc. Proves nothing. I'll bet a lot of them are Eastern Europeans or Eurasians who are working at slave wages. And this group does not include the maids, gardeners, etc. The people who do the real dirty work--like the vacuuming. Those people aren't shown and are probably far more obviously non-'white' and non-American.
I like rich people, they put a lot more money into the economy than I do.

They've ignored it. So did the so called liberal media.
Why should they do anything else?
Why?

Maybe because Ivana is part of the Trump campaign, and Mr Trump has lead millions of supporter to believe on a number of occasions that he was going to cut back on the immigrants allowed worker visas in to this country... and limit them to the best and the brightest, who went to college here etc.

And this is one of the MAIN REASONS his supporters, support him so strongly.

Last edited:
You have no proof of that whatsoever.
You have no proof of anything either. This photo proves nothing. You are making assumptions about the people in this photo. Given that Ivana is Eastern European, it's very likely some of the people in this photo are Eastern European immigrants working for them for slave wages.

Last edited:
View attachment 70426

Perhaps some of the most surprising comments during the interview came as Ivana, who is a Czechoslovakia native, spoke about immigration, noting she looked favorably on newcomers taking the route to become legal citizens.

“As long as you come here legally and get a proper job . . . we need immigrants,” she said. “Who’s going to vacuum our living rooms and clean up after us? Americans don’t like to do that.”

Ivana Trump on immigration: ‘Who’s going to vacuum our living rooms?’ - The Boston Globe

12795435_791781427619354_5622051739430690643_n.jpg

View attachment 70426

We have a tradition that, we clean the our own house and we foster the our children. No maid, no babysitter. :)
44c0abcf7a35cd08d0f749ca6ef02ba9.jpg

View attachment 70426

12795435_791781427619354_5622051739430690643_n.jpg

Stop lying.,

How hard is it to vacuum your own carpets? This is an excuse for illegals now? Wow. What is it the rich elites DO that can't be replaced by and outlander, legal or not? They know this, right? So, were are we going here?

So MaryL, when can I schedule you to come and clean all my carpets twice a week?

View attachment 70426

If you want to get an expert opinion on an important subject, go to an expert........not an idiot.

So MaryL, when can I schedule you to come and clean all my carpets twice a week?

You can do it yourself. It's obvious how much you suck.
UncleTard, I bet you clean carpet, when can I schedule you?

Failed out of Joke school again, witless?
Listen lady, you never reply with anything pertinent, you're just a frustrated little person who feels better when you throw gratuitous insults around. Pretty pathetic actually. Get some help.

Forum List

Back