Why 7,000 Languages?

The question no atheist can answer.

If, as evolutionists claim, all of mankind evolved from the SAME primitive life-source, then how did we end up with 7,000 different languages? Did one gorilla get angry at another gorilla and decide to start a new language? I'm intrigued to know.

The Bible teaches that God created all the different languages at Babel... "Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech ... Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth" (Genesis 11:7,9). It is far more reasonable to accept the Biblical claim that God created all of mankind's different languages; than it is to believe that some space-dust from a massive chaotic explosion somehow became life, and then took on intelligence, and then from the same evolutionary process ended up with 7,000 different languages. That makes no sense at all.

There are no "primitive" languages. All languages have a system of sounds, words, and sentences that can adequately communicate the content of culture. This is evidence of a divine Creator. The languages of the so-called "primitive" peoples are often very complex in their grammatical structures. If mankind had advanced through an evolutionary process, then there should still be developing languages today; but in fact, one languages disappears every 2-weeks...

EXCELLENT!

then how did we end up with 7,000 different languages?

Geographic dispersion
You think it’s that simple? Lol. It seems that everyone could learn another language (if taught or by exposure) so why not establish a universal language? Brother, please about the Tower of Babel. Unless you reject history. Lol. Regardless, there will be a single language when Christ returns.

Yes...Borrowed and mixed...I believe I already stated such.
What other language has evolved?
Every language. Is there a people that has not borrowed and mixed?
What other language has evolved?
German?
French?
Spanish?
Italian?
Aramaic? (No)
Hebrew (No)
Chinese?
I don't know about either Aramaic or Hebrew but I'd bet the farm that all the have evolved.
Bet all you want after you do some research.
God confused the languages and mankind wants the common language back and so languages intermix words.
One of the most ridiculous claims I have ever heard

Geographic dispersion
You think it’s that simple? Lol. It seems that everyone could learn another language (if taught or by exposure) so why not establish a universal language? Brother, please about the Tower of Babel. Unless you reject history. Lol. Regardless, there will be a single language when Christ returns.
English is becoming the universal language.

Geographic dispersion
English is becoming the universal language.

Vote for Biden, and the next "universal" language will be Chinese.

... The fact is the reason there are so many languages is because God divided the tongues of the nations of the earth because of what took place at the Tower of Babel.

That's a story, and if that is what you choose to believe, more power to you. The FACT is that languages develop wherever human communities are either isolated from other communities for a sufficient period of time, or civilizations of unequal strength and influence come into prolonged contact with one another under particular circumstances.

... The fact is the reason there are so many languages is because God divided the tongues of the nations of the earth because of what took place at the Tower of Babel.

That's a story, and if that is what you choose to believe, more power to you. The FACT is that languages develop wherever human communities are either isolated from other communities for a sufficient period of time, or civilizations of unequal strength and influence come into prolonged contact with one another under particular circumstances.

No, the Tower of Babel is true and recorded in history.

There really isn’t much left of the Tower of Babel. Alexander the Great removed bricks and the outer coating, but he never rebuilt it. However, most researchers think they know where the foundation is located.

Also, there was an archaeological artifact found called a “stele.” A stele (pronounced the same as steal or steel) is actually a rock slab with pictures and inscriptions on it. Archaeologists love finding things like this.

The Tower of Babel stele has an image of Nebuchadnezzar next to the Tower of Babel. It shows its shape as a ziggurat (imagine a step pyramid or a pyramid with several flat layers on it).

About 440 B.C., a historian named Herodotus claimed he saw the tower and described it:

“It has a solid central tower, one furlong square, with a second erected on top of it and then a third, and so on up to eight. All eight towers can be climbed by a spiral way running around the outside, and about halfway up there are seats for those who make the journey to rest on.”

There you go.

There really isn’t much left of the Tower of Babel. Alexander the Great removed bricks and the outer coating, but he never rebuilt it. However, most researchers think they know where the foundation is located.

Also, there was an archaeological artifact found called a “stele.” A stele (pronounced the same as steal or steel) is actually a rock slab with pictures and inscriptions on it. Archaeologists love finding things like this.

The Tower of Babel stele has an image of Nebuchadnezzar next to the Tower of Babel. It shows its shape as a ziggurat (imagine a step pyramid or a pyramid with several flat layers on it).

About 440 B.C., a historian named Herodotus claimed he saw the tower and described it:

“It has a solid central tower, one furlong square, with a second erected on top of it and then a third, and so on up to eight. All eight towers can be climbed by a spiral way running around the outside, and about halfway up there are seats for those who make the journey to rest on.”

There you go.
There you go - what? That you kept your 9th grade World History textbook? Congratulations on the common knowledge.

There you go.
There you go - what? That you kept your 9th grade World History textbook? Congratulations on the common knowledge.

Apparently, the truth can't penetrate the thickness up there. You can't even provide anything to back up your claim of "The FACT is that languages develop wherever human communities are either isolated from other communities for a sufficient period of time, or civilizations of unequal strength and influence come into prolonged contact with one another under particular circumstances." We can all use a fact, but yours isn't.

...You can't even provide anything to back up your claim of "The FACT is that languages develop wherever human communities are either isolated from other communities for a sufficient period of time, or civilizations of unequal strength and influence come into prolonged contact with one another under particular circumstances." ...

Can't provide anything? How about the history of the human race? You have every right to hold your religious beliefs, and I respect them, but you're getting worked up over things that the field of Linguistics has verified with mountains of evidence over many decades.

...You can't even provide anything to back up your claim of "The FACT is that languages develop wherever human communities are either isolated from other communities for a sufficient period of time, or civilizations of unequal strength and influence come into prolonged contact with one another under particular circumstances." ...

Can't provide anything? How about the history of the human race? You have every right to hold your religious beliefs, and I respect them, but you're getting worked up over things that the field of Linguistics has verified with mountains of evidence over many decades.

I'm not worked up. We're just having a conversation about how 7000 languages could have just appeared. You made a factual claim and failed to back it up. It sounds like opinion to me. I have the Bible and some physical evidence. Most likely, the ethnicities were already in place. The scrambling of languages forced the same language speaking people to group together and go their separate ways to the lands where they colonized.

History of the human race is too broad. Can you pinpoint the times say three different languages appeared like Japanese, Swahili, and Swedish since you have mountains of evidence? How did those languages start and expand? I don't think evolution explains anything about it, do you?

I'm not worked up. We're just having a conversation about how 7000 languages could have just appeared. You made a factual claim and failed to back it up. It sounds like opinion to me. I have the Bible and some physical evidence. Most likely, the ethnicities were already in place. The scrambling of languages forced the same language speaking people to group together and go their separate ways to the lands where they colonized.

History of the human race is too broad. Can you pinpoint the times say three different languages appeared like Japanese, Swahili, and Swedish since you have mountains of evidence? How did those languages start and expand? I don't think evolution explains anything about it, do you?
Have you read the links already posted to this thread?

Have you read the links already posted to this thread?

Now I have, but it doesn't back up the sudden appearance of 7000 languages. I agree the languages are changing and change all the time. It doesn't mean it's due to evolution which you seem to be saying. Is that what you believe -- evolution?

Forum List

Back