Why again do left wingers believe taxing corporations more is helpful to the middle class?

Pass the Fair Tax Act. Then everyone pays the same rate, and no one pays tax on what it takes to survive.

And the government can't function cause it'll be broke.

Brilliant!

Go away, adults are talking.

Spare me your snide remarks. When you claim a for profit company making $600 billion is "inefficient" your claim that adults are talking is laughable.

"For profit" for medical care. It should not be a "for profit" industry, by definition. Profiting off of suffering is anathema to being human, and civilized.

Horse manure. Should farmers make a profit? The profit off of people starving otherwise. Should clothing manufacturers make a profit? Housing manufacturers?

All profits are made off of fulfilling human wants and needs. The theory that medical treatment is some special category is so stupid that only snowflakes would swallow it.
Ask them about evil pharmaceutical companies. Ask them how much money those companies invest in researching new drugs for dreaded diseases. Now, ask them whether or not the profit motive plays any part in the BILLIONS those companies spend. Ask them how many useful drugs have been invented in countries without the profit motive. Watch them as they squirm in their bullshit.
Most of the standard drugs that people depend upon on a daily basis were developed long ago in government funded labs or universities and then offered to private companies to commercialize.

So you want to close the patent office and remove all protections for companies operating in the US? Yeah, that will help the economy when they all leave.

Where do you come up with these wild strawman arguments? Are you allergic to intellectual honesty? Who the FUCK said anything about closing the patent office?

So you want to close the patent office and remove all protections for companies operating in the US? Yeah, that will help the economy when they all leave.

Where do you come up with these wild strawman arguments? Are you allergic to intellectual honesty? Who the FUCK said anything about closing the patent office?

You have the gall to call my post dishonest? After the bullshit you have spewed here? I thought my taking you to school might have help.

But since you are, apparently, unable to read the posts I was quoting, let me help you out.

Fine . Get government out of the drug biz . Of course that means no patent protection. Let the knock offs fly!!! Free market and all.

Since Timmy suggested removing patent protections, I thought I would clarify whether he meant closing the patent office.

You have the gall to call my post dishonest? After the bullshit you have spewed here? I thought my taking you to school might have help.

But since you are, apparently, unable to read the posts I was quoting, let me help you out.

Fine . Get government out of the drug biz . Of course that means no patent protection. Let the knock offs fly!!! Free market and all.

Since Timmy suggested removing patent protections, I thought I would clarify whether he meant closing the patent office.

What you're telling me is that you're too fucking stupid to recognize sarcasm. And you think YOU'RE taking people to school?

:lmao:

What you're telling me is that you're too fucking stupid to recognize sarcasm. And you think YOU'RE taking people to school?

Oh? Did Timmy say it was sarcasm? Because he basically continued the same line of thought in a subsequent post when he said "Let's cut to the chase . Everyone complains that the gov is ruining healthcare . Picking on the poor drug companies . Well fine . Let the drug companies fend for themselves".

As for taking you to school, are you claiming your comment about the drug companies spending billions on developing medications to give erections was sarcasm? Or your comment that we can't make inroads against cancer? Was that sarcasm?

Yes junior, I took you to school. If it is sarcasm that I replied to, a simple answer to my question would have sufficed. You see, I didn't SAY he wanted to close the patent office. That funny symbol at the end of the sentence "?" shows it was a question. I asked that question to clarify what he meant.

Oh? Did Timmy say it was sarcasm? Because he basically continued the same line of thought in a subsequent post when he said "Let's cut to the chase . Everyone complains that the gov is ruining healthcare . Picking on the poor drug companies . Well fine . Let the drug companies fend for themselves".

As for taking you to school, are you claiming your comment about the drug companies spending billions on developing medications to give erections was sarcasm? Or your comment that we can't make inroads against cancer? Was that sarcasm?

Yes junior, I took you to school. If it is sarcasm that I replied to, a simple answer to my question would have sufficed. You see, I didn't SAY he wanted to close the patent office. That funny symbol at the end of the sentence "?" shows it was a question. I asked that question to clarify what he meant.

lol, if you even knew how to work the quote system on this forum I'd take you seriously. But as it is, I'm done reading your uninformed nonsense.

Timmy's post RIGHT after the patent office remark proved his post was sarcasm.

You. Are. Not. Smart.

lol, if you even knew how to work the quote system on this forum I'd take you seriously. But as it is, I'm done reading your uninformed nonsense.

You. Are. Not. Smart.

And what post would that be? Of Timmy's, I mean.

Eh, I made a small mistake in quoting a post. If that is your benchmark for intellect, I can see why you have posted the things you have.

Of course, I notice you are steering clear of your own intellectual deficiency. You know, claiming billions were spent so men could get erections, or that we cannot make inroads against cancer.

If you want to insist that I am not smart, you might consider where that puts you. Being schooled by someone who is "not smart" pretty much makes you an idiot.

I also understand why you are done talking to me. If I had been shown to either be an idiot or a liar, I would bail too.

But I would be curious to know which of Timmy's comments showed his post to be sarcasm.

You. Are. Not. Smart.

Eh, I made a small mistake in quoting a post. If that is your benchmark for intellect, I can see why you have posted the things you have.

Of course, I notice you are steering clear of your own intellectual deficiency. You know, claiming billions were spent so men could get erections, or that we cannot make inroads against cancer.

If you want to insist that I am not smart, you might consider where that puts you. Being schooled by someone who is "not smart" pretty much makes you an idiot.

I also understand why you are done talking to me. If I had been shown to either be an idiot or a liar, I would bail too.

But I would be curious to know which of Timmy's comments showed his post to be sarcasm.

The fucking post I just told you about, you illiterate douche. It was his post immediately following the patent office remark.

And yes, you're of inferior intellect, and you know it. That's why you keep desperately pining for my attention.

You. Are. Not. Smart.

The fucking post I just told you about, you illiterate douche. It was his post immediately following the patent office remark.

And yes, you're of inferior intellect, and you know it. That's why you keep desperately pining for my attention.

So you think "Let's cut to the chase . Everyone complains that the gov is ruining healthcare . Picking on the poor drug companies . Well fine . Let the drug companies fend for themselves" is proof he was being sarcastic? lol If anything, it proves the opposite.

The only one who is acting desperate here is you. You are desperately trying to save face (or regain it). All I am doing is responding to a thread in which I have been a participant. Somehow you think that makes it all about you? lol Yeah, that sure shows your intellectual superiority. (now that last sentence is what sarcasm looks like)

But run along, junior. You might be able to find someone who will let you make spurious comments without calling you on them.

You. Are. Not. Smart.

So you think "Let's cut to the chase . Everyone complains that the gov is ruining healthcare . Picking on the poor drug companies . Well fine . Let the drug companies fend for themselves" is proof he was being sarcastic? lol If anything, it proves the opposite.

The only one who is acting desperate here is you. You are desperately trying to save face (or regain it). All I am doing is responding to a thread in which I have been a participant. Somehow you think that makes it all about you? lol Yeah, that sure shows your intellectual superiority. (now that last sentence is what sarcasm looks like)

But run along, junior. You might be able to find someone who will let you make spurious comments without calling you on them.
He was lampooning the idea that republicans want the government out of healthcare, yet are fine with giving corporate welfare and patent protection to big pharma. Jesus, is this really THAT hard for you to understand?

You. Are. Not. Smart.

He was lampooning the idea that republicans want the government out of healthcare, yet are fine with giving corporate welfare and patent protection to big pharma. Jesus, is this really THAT hard for you to understand?

Or he was saying take protections away from big pharma. Only he knows. That is why I asked a question to clarify it.

Run along now. Somewhere there is a thread where this sort of nonsense might be relevant.

Let me know if you want to actually discuss the topic, or even the sub-topic that developed. And quit wasting bandwidth with all this name-calling and attempts to insult me.

And the government can't function cause it'll be broke.

Brilliant!

Go away, adults are talking.

Spare me your snide remarks. When you claim a for profit company making $600 billion is "inefficient" your claim that adults are talking is laughable.

"For profit" for medical care. It should not be a "for profit" industry, by definition. Profiting off of suffering is anathema to being human, and civilized.

Horse manure. Should farmers make a profit? The profit off of people starving otherwise. Should clothing manufacturers make a profit? Housing manufacturers?

All profits are made off of fulfilling human wants and needs. The theory that medical treatment is some special category is so stupid that only snowflakes would swallow it.
Ask them about evil pharmaceutical companies. Ask them how much money those companies invest in researching new drugs for dreaded diseases. Now, ask them whether or not the profit motive plays any part in the BILLIONS those companies spend. Ask them how many useful drugs have been invented in countries without the profit motive. Watch them as they squirm in their bullshit.
Most of the standard drugs that people depend upon on a daily basis were developed long ago in government funded labs or universities and then offered to private companies to commercialize.
Bullshit. Private companies develop most drugs. Furthermore, drugs that have been on the market for more than 7 years are no longer covered by a patent, so they are generally quite cheap.

You. Are. Not. Smart.

Are you saying you oppose our patent laws?

Corporations are people. Corporations benefit from the government providing schools, infrastructure, safety and security and all the other services that keep our nation strong and healthy.
In fact these people benefit the most.
They should pay their fair share, shouldn't they?

so here is a follow up, if the corporation is taxed on it's "earnings", which are passed in part to stock holders, who then are taxed on their capital gains, how is that legal? it is expressly forbidden in the constitution!

Last edited:

Bullshit. Private companies develop most drugs. Furthermore, drugs that have been on the market for more than 7 years are no longer covered by a patent, so they are generally quite cheap.
Epinephrine was developed by a Japanese scientist over 100 years ago and the epipen was created by our government for the military. Yeah, now that pharma companies are huge, they do develop some of the super pricey drugs but the vast majority of drugs that people use were created long ago and almost exclusively by government funding.

You. Are. Not. Smart.

Holy fucking shit. Do you morons clone each other?

Bullshit. Look up Enbrel and the shenanigans Pfizer pulled off to extend their patent. It's a life-saving medication for some people and it costs $1200 per month. They got WAY more than their R&D returned on investment and now they're padding their yachts.

Holy fucking shit. Do you morons clone each other?

Apparently you are the only one to assume Timmy meant it sarcastically. If Timmy answered my very simple question, it would solve the question.

Also, Bripat asked for clarification as well. You know, as opposed to assuming it was sarcasm.

Trying, always trying to figure this out. Trust me, they won't have an answer that makes any sense. They follow the same cliches that they need to "tax the rich" and "feed the poor."

Taxing corporations large amounts somehow is good for the middle class?

Do they know that when corporations are taxed less that it leads to more jobs, more jobs lead to more money stimulating the economy and more economic growth.

Do they have any other cliche or something original rather than this notion that trickle down does not work? They believe Reaganomics was bad for this country?

They actually use the notion "trickle up." Someone ought to tell them things don't trickle up. It is literally impossible and they should maybe get their own term and stop using phrases that make zero sense.

So, get ready for complete bullshit from them and more left wing marxist talking points. Nothing original.

They are so fucking stupid they do not realize that corporations are PEOPLE....from the people who mop up vomit to the CEO and everyone in between.

Bullshit. Look up Enbrel and the shenanigans Pfizer pulled off to extend their patent. It's a life-saving medication for some people and it costs $1200 per month. They got WAY more than their R&D returned on investment and now they're padding their yachts.

Exactly what shenanigans did Pfizer pull off? They applied for, and received, a 2nd patent that continued the exclusivity for another 16 years.

But please, tell us what shenanigans Pfizer pulled off. And also, tell us whether there was much probability that a generic version would have become available.

Oh, and please tell us what was spent on R&D for this drug, and how much profit was made in the first 14 years it was on the market.

Forum List

Back