Why America needs guns

Let's get rid of cars.

There would be far less accidents.
I love how you idiots compare cars (machines designed and created for transportation), with guns (machines designed and created for killing).

The logic of the comparison escapes me. Probably because there isn't a logical comparison.

No, dipshit...there is a comparison...gun accidents to car accidents...you don't like the comparison because gun accidents don't kill nearly as many people as cars do...in fact, cars accidentally kill more people than guns do when they are used to commit intentional murder....

And in America...guns save more lives than they take....showing that your post is stupid....according to the Centers for Disease Control, Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives.....

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Gun.....495

Car.......38,748

poisoning......58,335

falling.......34,673

suffocation...6,610

drowning......3,786
You're another simpleton.

There are close to 600 million guns in private hands....and over 17.5 million people carrying guns for self defense in the United States....

Number of accidental gun accidents? 495....out of a population of close to 320 million people.

Car deaths 38,748....

Comparing accident deaths to accident deaths....

Then, if you compare car accidental death to gun murder...the actual illegal use of guns to take a life?

10,982 gun murders in 2017. Accidental car deaths? 38, 748

Cars are deadlier than guns.....
It's an absolutely absurd comparison, and either you know that, and you are just playing stupid, or you really are stupid.

Now go play with your guns. Nobody's going to take them away from you.

Let's get rid of cars.

I love how you idiots compare cars (machines designed and created for transportation), with guns (machines designed and created for killing).

The logic of the comparison escapes me. Probably because there isn't a logical comparison.
Lol
No one has a right to vehicle ownership in this country, firearm ownership is a right... you sorry ass motherfucker
And another stupid fucking asshole is heard from.

Fucking facts confuse you dick weed?

Go back to fucking school
And another boot licking simpleton is heard from.

Let's get rid of cars.

No, dipshit...there is a comparison...gun accidents to car accidents...you don't like the comparison because gun accidents don't kill nearly as many people as cars do...in fact, cars accidentally kill more people than guns do when they are used to commit intentional murder....

And in America...guns save more lives than they take....showing that your post is stupid....according to the Centers for Disease Control, Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives.....

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Gun.....495

Car.......38,748

poisoning......58,335

falling.......34,673

suffocation...6,610

drowning......3,786
You're another simpleton.

There are close to 600 million guns in private hands....and over 17.5 million people carrying guns for self defense in the United States....

Number of accidental gun accidents? 495....out of a population of close to 320 million people.

Car deaths 38,748....

Comparing accident deaths to accident deaths....

Then, if you compare car accidental death to gun murder...the actual illegal use of guns to take a life?

10,982 gun murders in 2017. Accidental car deaths? 38, 748

Cars are deadlier than guns.....
It's an absolutely absurd comparison, and either you know that, and you are just playing stupid, or you really are stupid.

Now go play with your guns. Nobody's going to take them away from you.

These facts show that your fear of guns is absurd..... so you have no real response to these facts...

Let's get rid of cars.

Yes there would. But people would still need to get around. And there'd still be accidents.

People don't need to shoot signs.

Also, if measure were taken to reduce deaths on the road, that would work. Because it works in countries which actually have a proper government.

The US has 10.6 road fatalities per 100,000 people.

Norway has 2.2
Switzerland 2.6
Sweden 2.8
UK 2.9
Netherlands 3.4
Denmark 3.5

Well, let's see who shares a similar rate to the US.

Lithuania
Montenegro
The Philippines
Serbia

Yeah, poorer former eastern European countries and the Philippines.
It would be nice if you linked your source so we all could see the context.:rolleyes-41:

Let's get rid of cars.

Yes there would. But people would still need to get around. And there'd still be accidents.

Also, if measure were taken to reduce deaths on the road, that would work. Because it works in countries which actually have a proper government.

Norway has 2.2
Switzerland 2.6
Sweden 2.8
UK 2.9
Netherlands 3.4
Denmark 3.5

Lithuania
Montenegro
The Philippines
Serbia

You are comparing apples to oranges kid.

None of these nations have the same highway or road infrastucture system, nor do they have the same car ownership tradition as the U.S.

We can't even begin to make comparisons. It would be impossible.

The only nation that has an even comparable interstate system, that I am aware, would be either Canada or maybe Germany? Even then. . . .

And there is no nation that has a tradition of car ownership.

Here, middle class teens feel like they are deprived if they do not get a car when they get a license.

I doubt there are any other nations on the planet that have that same cultural attitude.

Of course, this is what the culture is in the "fly over states." I can't imagine what it is in them big metropolises where you ain't got no room to park cars. :auiqs.jpg:
Yep, and even those who we consider living in poverty own 1-2 cars.

Let's get rid of cars.

Norway has 2.2
Switzerland 2.6
Sweden 2.8
UK 2.9
Netherlands 3.4
Denmark 3.5

Lithuania
Montenegro
The Philippines
Serbia

You are comparing apples to oranges kid.

None of these nations have the same highway or road infrastucture system, nor do they have the same car ownership tradition as the U.S.

We can't even begin to make comparisons. It would be impossible.

The only nation that has an even comparable interstate system, that I am aware, would be either Canada or maybe Germany? Even then. . . .

And there is no nation that has a tradition of car ownership.

Here, middle class teens feel like they are deprived if they do not get a car when they get a license.

I doubt there are any other nations on the planet that have that same cultural attitude.

Of course, this is what the culture is in the "fly over states." I can't imagine what it is in them big metropolises where you ain't got no room to park cars. :auiqs.jpg:
It hard having a discussion with a 5th grader.

https://tribunist.com/news/teenager-accidentally-kills-marine-after-shooting-at-road-sign/

"
Teenager Accidentally Kills Marine After Shooting at Road Sign"

"A teenage boy, shooting a pistol at a road sign, ended up killing a retired Marine who was sitting on the front porch of his house."

Yeah, with MORE GUNS this event wouldn't have happened because the person who shot the sign, and then killed the retired Marine, would ALREADY BE DEAD.

More guns.
upload_2018-10-18_22-7-11.jpeg

Let's get rid of cars.

I like where you're going with this however you're thinking too small.

Let's get rid of people, not only will there be less accidents but traffic will be a hell of a lot better as well. :)
Stupid OP's definitely deserve stupid replies.

Believe it or not, most of my friends that are misanthropes, atheists and nihilists tend to be liberal. And they actually have that same philosophy, not tongue in cheek, they are damn serious.

They all hold these conflicting POV's that we should somehow depopulate the human population, that humans are bad, and evil, but nature is good. I don't understand it really. If animals are good, but humans are bad. . .
Er..umm.. you say that most of your friends are misanthropes, atheists and nihilists that believe "we should somehow depopulate the human population"?

Piece of advice for your own safety: either find new friends or consider making an investment in body armor.

"Keep your friends close, so they're easy to find when depopulation becomes your number one priority"

Wait, what? Aren't humans an animal?

:dunno:

9 out of 10 scientists agree that humans are animals, on the other hand, 12 out of 13 animals dispute that conclusion.

Oh, I make friends with everybody, irrespective of their POV or politics. I don't care about that. Shit, politics and pontificating about philosophy and life is next to meaningless when it comes to the day to day realities of living and working with friends, isn't it?

I wrote; "most of my friends that are misanthropes, atheists and nihilists," meaning, the ones that ARE misanthropes, atheists and nihilists, are liberal. I can only think of one anarcho-capitalist that was, until recently, an atheist and nihilist, but in his old age has rejected "scientism," and has become more spiritual and philosophical.

A lot of them fundies in the Trump campaign had an affect on him I think.
:abgg2q.jpg:

It's just my belief that liberal folks consume too much corporate news, believe it all with out critical thinking, and that, really, is the sinister underlying agenda of the corporate media. In the end, that is really what they want everyone to believe. Isn't that the underlying reality of global warming and the message they are really sending with all the bad stories about humanity?
upload_2018-10-18_22-9-17.jpeg

https://tribunist.com/news/teenager-accidentally-kills-marine-after-shooting-at-road-sign/

"

"A teenage boy, shooting a pistol at a road sign, ended up killing a retired Marine who was sitting on the front porch of his house."

Yeah, with MORE GUNS this event wouldn't have happened because the person who shot the sign, and then killed the retired Marine, would ALREADY BE DEAD.

More guns.

No, it's why people need to be CAREFUL with guns, not playing with them like a toy and properly keeping them from kids. If you want to move to a gun free land move to England its perfectly safe there.... no guns.
Someone might throw acid in your face however, so maybe you can work on eliminating unnecessary acid.

Let's get rid of cars.

Norway has 2.2
Switzerland 2.6
Sweden 2.8
UK 2.9
Netherlands 3.4
Denmark 3.5

Lithuania
Montenegro
The Philippines
Serbia

But people would still need to get around

Yeah, well some people still need to defend themselves.

maybe your fortunate enough to not live in South Central LA, but for those who do ..... they should have the freedom of choice. Be able to defend themselves or depend on the police to show up after the fact.

Using that same logic there are people who still be alive if illegal aliens who committed murder had been deported there would be people alive today if irresponsible drivers weren't allowed to buy a car there are a number of people who would be alive today if not for the actions of stupid irresponsible people. So I guess the answer here is to punish all the intelligent responsible people because of the actions of the stupid irresponsible ones.

No, the logic here is that you let in those immigrants who you think are going to be positive.

You make laws that reduce deaths on roads (you know, many civilized countries have a death rate on the roads 1/3rd that of the US, it's possible)

That's logic.
So you use a merit based system for immigration the very kind Trump wants that the left opposes with every fiber of their being you know these other countries might have a lower death rate on the roads because they have a consideribly smaller population that drives cars less and depends more on public transportation that the U.S. does.

Yes, I oppose the left on immigration.

"might have" a lower death rate... so you don't know?

Oh wow, that's amazing. You can't even be bothered to make your own fucking argument. Great.

List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia

List of countries and dependencies by population density - Wikipedia

US has 10.6 road deaths per 100,000 population and a population density of 86 people per square mile.

Norway has 2.2 road deaths per 100,000 population and a population density of 41 people per square mile.

Hey, you might be onto something.

The UK has a 2.9 road deaths per 100,000 people and a population density of 704 people per square mile.

Oh, wait, sorry, your made up "argument" just went up like a shit stick.
Yeah if you want to make your case try using an actual source instead of Wikipedia that's the cry of the truly desperate your response was the classic example of the shit stick. With that said i'm going to finish watching the Astros and Red Sox and you can kiss my snow white ass.

Yeah, you just fuck off and do something intellectually stimulating like watch baseball.

Leave the intelligent stuff up to other people.

Not only do you not back up your argument, you attack me for actually doing it for you.

Lame.

Let's get rid of cars.

Norway has 2.2
Switzerland 2.6
Sweden 2.8
UK 2.9
Netherlands 3.4
Denmark 3.5

Lithuania
Montenegro
The Philippines
Serbia

It would be nice if you linked your source so we all could see the context.:rolleyes-41:

List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia

"

More guns.

No, it's why people need to be CAREFUL with guns, not playing with them like a toy and properly keeping them from kids. If you want to move to a gun free land move to England its perfectly safe there.... no guns.
Someone might throw acid in your face however, so maybe you can work on eliminating unnecessary acid.

But the problems is, some people can't be CAREFUL with guns, can they?

There are guns in England, actually.

But then when around immigrants, all you need to be is be careful, right?

Let's get rid of cars.

Norway has 2.2
Switzerland 2.6
Sweden 2.8
UK 2.9
Netherlands 3.4
Denmark 3.5

Lithuania
Montenegro
The Philippines
Serbia

But people would still need to get around

Yeah, well some people still need to defend themselves.

maybe your fortunate enough to not live in South Central LA, but for those who do ..... they should have the freedom of choice. Be able to defend themselves or depend on the police to show up after the fact.

Yes, defend themselves from fuckers shooting signs. Wait, how do you defend yourself from a redneck shooting signs when you can't even see him.

I know, let's ask former marines how to do it.

"

More guns.

Well, why point out the obvious ?

No, the logic here is that you let in those immigrants who you think are going to be positive.

You can only do that when you control the border. If the easiest way to get into America is to break the immigration laws then you encourage law-breakers to enter.

America needs immigrants. America was built by immigrants. If your name isn't 'Runs with Scissors' then you're an immigrant or the descendant of immigrants. Our aging population demands we bring in immigrants.

However, when you make the legal process for immigration so infinitely complex while making crossing the border illegally almost risk free, you dissuade the immigrants you want in favor of those you might not want.

Good people want to come here. I've been to US Embassies and Consulates all over the world and there isn't a single one where people aren't lined up out front, pouring rain or sweltering heat, with documents in hand, waiting hours and hours for their chance to come here legally and become part of our grand experiment.

America needs to secure its borders while simultaneously streamlining the legal immigration system for the immigrants we most desire.

"

More guns.

Said dumbass teenager could have just as easily plowed his car into an innocent victim because he was texting on his phone. Kids do dumb shit. Let's ban cars because "stupid people". You game?

"

More guns.

Said dumbass teenager could have just as easily plowed his car into an innocent victim because he was texting on his phone. Kids do dumb shit. Let's ban cars because "stupid people". You game?

Yes, and therefore you might want to consider why the US has a car death rate 3 times higher than many other first world countries.

I don't disagree with the issue of dealing with BOTH gun deaths (4-5 times higher than other first world countries) AND road deaths (3 times higher than other first world countries).

But no, this is the US where nothing ever gets done about anything that white men like.

Mah car and mah guns are my masqueuelinahteee.

Forum List

Back