Why America needs guns

https://tribunist.com/news/teenager-accidentally-kills-marine-after-shooting-at-road-sign/

"
Teenager Accidentally Kills Marine After Shooting at Road Sign"

"A teenage boy, shooting a pistol at a road sign, ended up killing a retired Marine who was sitting on the front porch of his house."

Yeah, with MORE GUNS this event wouldn't have happened because the person who shot the sign, and then killed the retired Marine, would ALREADY BE DEAD.

More guns.

Said dumbass teenager could have just as easily plowed his car into an innocent victim because he was texting on his phone. Kids do dumb shit. Let's ban cars because "stupid people". You game?

Yes, and therefore you might want to consider why the US has a car death rate 3 times higher than many other first world countries.

I don't disagree with the issue of dealing with BOTH gun deaths (4-5 times higher than other first world countries) AND road deaths (3 times higher than other first world countries).

But no, this is the US where nothing ever gets done about anything that white men like.

Mah car and mah guns are my masqueuelinahteee.

Serious question: Are you aware that 67% of our "gun deaths" are suicides?

https://tribunist.com/news/teenager-accidentally-kills-marine-after-shooting-at-road-sign/

"

"A teenage boy, shooting a pistol at a road sign, ended up killing a retired Marine who was sitting on the front porch of his house."

Yeah, with MORE GUNS this event wouldn't have happened because the person who shot the sign, and then killed the retired Marine, would ALREADY BE DEAD.

More guns.

Said dumbass teenager could have just as easily plowed his car into an innocent victim because he was texting on his phone. Kids do dumb shit. Let's ban cars because "stupid people". You game?

Yes, and therefore you might want to consider why the US has a car death rate 3 times higher than many other first world countries.

I don't disagree with the issue of dealing with BOTH gun deaths (4-5 times higher than other first world countries) AND road deaths (3 times higher than other first world countries).

But no, this is the US where nothing ever gets done about anything that white men like.

Ask a black man to give up his gun. Your not making any sense here

"

More guns.

And why are you asking this?

"

More guns.

Oh, I'm not making any sense, but you're the one who used "your" instead of "you're".

Right.

"

More guns.

No, it's why people need to be CAREFUL with guns, not playing with them like a toy and properly keeping them from kids. If you want to move to a gun free land move to England its perfectly safe there.... no guns.
Someone might throw acid in your face however, so maybe you can work on eliminating unnecessary acid.

But the problems is, some people can't be CAREFUL with guns, can they?

There are guns in England, actually.

But then when around immigrants, all you need to be is be careful, right?

What are you talking about Immigrants for ? Immigrants who come here legally are not a problem. There may be a problem however with guns which are sold illegally and that falls into a seperate category along with illegal immigrants

"

More guns.

Oh, I'm not making any sense, but you're the one who used "your" instead of "you're".

Right.

Is that all You've got?

"

More guns.

No, it's why people need to be CAREFUL with guns, not playing with them like a toy and properly keeping them from kids. If you want to move to a gun free land move to England its perfectly safe there.... no guns.
Someone might throw acid in your face however, so maybe you can work on eliminating unnecessary acid.

What are you talking about Immigrants for ? Immigrants who come here legally are not a problem. There may be a problem however with guns which are sold illegally and that falls into a seperate category along with illegal immigrants

Keep up.

I'm talking about immigration because I'm showing COMPARTMENTALIZATION.

This is when people start using one argument for one topic, then completely go against that argument for the next topic.

With immigration - we can't let immigrants in because they kill people.

With guns - we can't ban guns even though the end up causing people's deaths.

"

More guns.

Right.

Is that all You've got?

Actually, I have stuff to do with this topic.

"

More guns.

Well, you don't think that skews the "gun violence" statistics just a tad bit?

"

More guns.

Keep up.

This is when people start using one argument for one topic, then completely go against that argument for the next topic.

Again your completely off. There is a reason for legal immigration. Its been gone over how many tens of thousands of times here? Legal immigration allows you to simply know who it is coming into your country which is why every country in the world has an immigration policy.

last I checked we are letting in like 1,000,000 legal immigrants a year. So why do you insist on them coming illegaly.

Just because you don't have a reason to protect yourself or your family by owning a gun doesn't mean someone else has a different circumstance than yourself.

"

More guns.

Not really. Because I'm only looking at gun murder statistics. There it's about 5 times higher than other first world countries.

But don't let me stop you trying to eliminate gang murders and immigrant murders to try and get the rate down.

"

More guns.

Keep up.

Again your completely off. There is a reason for legal immigration. Its been gone over how many tens of thousands of times here? Legal immigration allows you to simply know who it is coming into your country which is why every country in the world has an immigration policy.

last I checked we are letting in like 1,000,000 legal immigrants a year. So why do you insist on them coming illegaly.

Just because you don't have a reason to protect yourself or your family by owning a gun doesn't mean someone else has a different circumstance than yourself.

I'm really not sure where you're going with this.

The question here is this.

Is it better to have guns, and to be able to protect yourself with those guns, or is it better not to have guns and not have people being able to protect themselves with guns?

The stats say the latter is better in civilized countries.

Not really. Because I'm only looking at gun murder statistics. There it's about 5 times higher than other first world countries.

But don't let me stop you trying to eliminate gang murders and immigrant murders to try and get the rate down.

Back the train up. What do your "gun murder statistics" tell you?
How many deaths per year are attributed to murder via firearm?

Keep up.

Is it better to have guns, and to be able to protect yourself with those guns, or is it better not to have guns and not have people being able to protect themselves with guns?

Theoretically it would be better, yes, if no one needed guns but the reality is you cant make it happen. You can take guns away from law abiding citizens, outlaw guns at which point they would become a black market item increasing the profits for smugglers... gangs are still going to have a high demand for them whatever you try to do legally.

So looking at it realistically? I'm going to have to say no... dont take away law abiding citizens chance to defend themselves. You do that and youll see an increase of home invasions

What's your point?

Keep up.

Theoretically it would be better, yes, if no one needed guns but the reality is you cant make it happen. You can take guns away from law abiding citizens, outlaw guns at which point they would become a black market item increasing the profits for smugglers... gangs are still going to have a high demand for them whatever you try to do legally.

So looking at it realistically? I'm going to have to say no... dont take away law abiding citizens chance to defend themselves. You do that and youll see an increase of home invasions

You can limit guns. That's what the UK does. Yes there are sometimes gun problems, but very rarely.

What's your point?

My point is very simple, how many MURDERS are attributed to guns each year?

"

More guns.
Cars kill more people than guns do.

We should probably get rid of all cars and force people to take busses and trains instead.

Busses and trains are still in the top 10 list of things that will kill you per hour of activity in the USA. However not as high as cars.

Guns are not even on the Top 10 list:

1 - skydiving

2 - private aviation

3 - motorcycling

4 - scuba & swimming

5 - automobile and boat racing

6 - backcountry snowmobiling

7 - automobiles

8 - busses and trains

9 - house fires

10 - commercial airlines

In fact why not just make all 10 illegal ?!

Right..... more of the lame arguments.

The Teen that fell to their death, did something wrong.

The ex-marine who got shot and died did nothing wrong.

Spot the difference.

Horrible accidents have been occurring for millennia.

Yes they have. Somehow the US seems to have a lot more of them than other civilized countries. And yet the American people seem to like other people having all these accidents......

Then a Muslim comes along and it's like "oh shit, we're all going to die, how can we die? I don't want to die"

The hypocrisy is fucking killing me.

Do what? You lost me on other people having accidents and muslims.

Yeah, and you people lost me so fucking long ago when you stopped giving a shit about anything other than a giant phallic symbol to beef up your dwindling masculinity.

It's amazing how quickly people can forget things.

You don't remember using the argument that Muslims couldn't enter the US because "oh, oh, Muslims might kill people". Or even immigrants. Yeah, immigrants might kill someone, so they're a danger. But an American with a gun, nah, not a danger at all, except for the criminals, the accidents, the mentally ill, the deranged and the men, of course.

And there you go.....typical anti gunner.....start talking about guns, and you start thinking about the penis......you guys really need to get help. Is your hangup with guns because you actually do have a small penis compared to the size of even a small derringer? That is if you are a man. If you are a woman, you obviously have Penis Envy that reveals itself when you can't even talk about guns without thinking "penis."

It is amazing how they always refer to the penis when a gun is mentioned. Its some wild fetish that I want no part of.

Forum List

Back