Why anti gun people are so angry.....

last time I mentioned to Brian the violent people should be behind bars for the rest of their life he started talking money and theory that they had served their time .

Explain? I don't recall that. I am pro the death penalty and locking up violent criminals for life. I do think we are doing something wrong when our jails are the fullest in the world, yet our crime rates aren't the lowest. But that is a different topic.
its the war on drugs-which anti gun 'Tards want to extend to a war on guns

You mean jails are full from drug offenders and guns get the blame?

I think he means that the two "wars" are very similar. IOW, you are going to have a bunch of people in jail for NON-violent crimes. Perhaps they own a gun that is banned.

last time I mentioned to Brian the violent people should be behind bars for the rest of their life he started talking money and theory that they had served their time .

Explain? I don't recall that. I am pro the death penalty and locking up violent criminals for life. I do think we are doing something wrong when our jails are the fullest in the world, yet our crime rates aren't the lowest. But that is a different topic.

no brainless, that is not what I said

I think he means that the two "wars" are very similar. IOW, you are going to have a bunch of people in jail for NON-violent crimes. Perhaps they own a gun that is banned.
Proving who has the brains on this thread. and its not the one who claims to be a brain!

Proving who has the brains on this thread. and its not the one who claims to be a brain!

What you said wasn't very clear. She even had to say I think he means. If her translation is correct you have an interesting point. That is one of the reasons I don't support any sort of ban.

think it was you Brian , long thread , maybe I'll try to find the post , maybe it was the other gun control guy guy that has a name starting with 'Bmfrw' or something like that !!

What you said wasn't very clear. She even had to say I think he means. If her translation is correct you have an interesting point. That is one of the reasons I don't support any sort of ban.

not publicly at least

think it was you Brian , long thread , maybe I'll try to find the post , maybe it was the other gun control guy guy that has a name starting with 'Bmfrw' or something like that !!

Why the john hinkely story is a lie....and why you can't trust anti gunners in particular the brady campaign against gun violence....

Gun Foes Should Tell The Whole Story - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

Despite the misleading implications about criminal and mental record checks in the fundraising, Mrs. Brady doesn`t formally claim that such checks would have affected Hinckley. Rather, she often argues: ``He lied about his address and used an old Texas driver`s license to purchase that revolver. He was not a Texas resident. A police check would have stopped him from buying a handgun in Texas.`` (Persons can only buy handguns in the state where they reside.)

The trouble is, the evidence indicates that Hinckley was a lawful Texas resident. He bought the guns in Lubbock in October 1980, six months before the assassination attempt. That summer he had attended both sessions at Texas Tech in Lubbock. According to federal rules, a university student is considered a resident of the jurisdiction in which he attends school and may purchase firearms there. Hinckley was also listed in the Lubbock phone book.

Significantly, after the assassination attempt, Hinckley was subjected to an intensive federal investigation. The Department of Justice used every resource possible to ensure his conviction. Notably, Hinckley was not charged with illegally purchasing the handguns in Texas. Had the prosecutors believed that he was guilty of an illegal gun purchase, felony charges would probably have been brought. After all, Hinckley would then have had to convince a jury that he was insane, not just on the day of the assassination but six months before, when he bought his two handguns.

If the full resources of the Department of Justice did not find enough evidence to charge Hinckley with an unlawful gun purchase, it is not realistic to claim that a seven-day background check would have found the exact same transaction illegal. Besides, Handgun Control promises Congress that the waiting period is just a simple criminal and mental records check, not a detailed residency verification.

Never, ever trust anti gunners....they will do anything to stop you from getting a gun....

I am talking about the fact that John Hinckley can legally buy a gun TODAY. Please pay attention.

Interesting point that TD made. Our system would be clogged up with prisoners for non-violent crimes, and the black market for guns would become VERY lucrative. Just as it is for drugs.

Why the john hinkely story is a lie....and why you can't trust anti gunners in particular the brady campaign against gun violence....

Despite the misleading implications about criminal and mental record checks in the fundraising, Mrs. Brady doesn`t formally claim that such checks would have affected Hinckley. Rather, she often argues: ``He lied about his address and used an old Texas driver`s license to purchase that revolver. He was not a Texas resident. A police check would have stopped him from buying a handgun in Texas.`` (Persons can only buy handguns in the state where they reside.)

The trouble is, the evidence indicates that Hinckley was a lawful Texas resident. He bought the guns in Lubbock in October 1980, six months before the assassination attempt. That summer he had attended both sessions at Texas Tech in Lubbock. According to federal rules, a university student is considered a resident of the jurisdiction in which he attends school and may purchase firearms there. Hinckley was also listed in the Lubbock phone book.

Significantly, after the assassination attempt, Hinckley was subjected to an intensive federal investigation. The Department of Justice used every resource possible to ensure his conviction. Notably, Hinckley was not charged with illegally purchasing the handguns in Texas. Had the prosecutors believed that he was guilty of an illegal gun purchase, felony charges would probably have been brought. After all, Hinckley would then have had to convince a jury that he was insane, not just on the day of the assassination but six months before, when he bought his two handguns.

If the full resources of the Department of Justice did not find enough evidence to charge Hinckley with an unlawful gun purchase, it is not realistic to claim that a seven-day background check would have found the exact same transaction illegal. Besides, Handgun Control promises Congress that the waiting period is just a simple criminal and mental records check, not a detailed residency verification.

Never, ever trust anti gunners....they will do anything to stop you from getting a gun....

I am talking about the fact that John Hinckley can legally buy a gun TODAY. Please pay attention.

Well, he should not be out of his mental hospital, and if he is no longer "insane" (although I can't see how THAT can be. You can "control" it sometimes with meds, but you can't cure it), then he should be serving out the rest of his days in a penitentiary, IMO. There is absolutely NO reason why that man should be walking free after trying to assassinate a POTUS. He is a dangerous guy would could flip his lid at any time.

As for the argument that bad guys can easily buy guns illegally, so no background check law should be passed, you might as well cancel all requirements for having a driver's license, since most illegals and people who have lost their licenses due to DWI's drive anyway.

uh he cannot today since he has been adjudicated mentally incompetent. The Brady bill would not have stopped JH back when he shot Reagan though

As for the argument that bad guys can easily buy guns illegally, so no background check law should be passed, you might as well cancel all requirements for having a driver's license, since most illegals and people who have lost their licenses due to DWI's drive anyway.
the purpose of UBGCs is to create a demand or "need" for complete registration. it has no ability to be enforced without that. Do you support registration

only thing is Chrisl , 'potus' is no more important than you are . Assassination , murder are the same thing no matter who is murdered . And keep in mind that the only reason the insane or mentally messed up are released is because of 'expurts' that are never held responsible when they make a mistake .

driving is said to be a Privilege 'VS' , 2nd amendment Right is a RIGHT !!

only thing is Chrisl , 'potus' is no more important than you are . Assassination , murder are the same thing no matter who is murdered . And keep in mind that the only reason the insane or mentally messed up are released is because of 'expurts' that are never held responsible when they make a mistake .

I know, but a person who would attempt an assassination . . . is just nuts, IMO. :D

thankyou Chrisl but the elites like the 'potus' [and Hilary] walk around like they are more important than they're employers which is you and me . Off topic but its like hilary is above the law due to her being a special type Gov employee that shouldn't be held to the same standards as regular Americans . I detest the idea of an American royalty that is growing in the USA !!

thankyou Chrisl but the elites like the 'potus' [and Hilary] walk around like they are more important than they're employers which is you and me . Off topic but its like hilary is above the law due to her being a special type Gov employee that shouldn't be held to the same standards as regular Americans . I detest the idea of an American royalty that is growing in the USA !!

I understand what you are saying, but the POTUS is a VERY important a person. The leader of the free world and all. :) Although I consider my life important too, the whole system isn't going to be affected if I die. :D

Forum List

Back