🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why are colleges becoming more and more left leaning?

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
In 1994, this was the political breakdown of college graduates.

Republic 39%
Independent 32%
Democrat 27%

Republicans were in the majority. By 2017, it had changed to:

Republican 24%
Independent 38%
Democrat 35%

More and more people seem to be going to college, except the number of Republicans going to college, while also increasing, isn't going up nearly as much as the number of Democrats, so Republicans are comprising a smaller and smaller percentage of academia. Does anyone have any opinions as to why this might be?

1599008385765.png

1. Trends in party affiliation among demographic groups

Last edited:
While I am not a big fan of Pew Research, I don't have proof that their survey is wrong... I question it???

Interesting read... I have known about this for, I am guessing 20 years maybe longer... The meme says so much as far as I am concerned...

1599010134032.png

Polls have been proven wrong so many times I wonder why people keep quoting polls.

1994 came after Reaganism and during the end of the Cold War so republicanism was more mainstream then. The ADA was also passed just before that time so colleges weren't as filled with people claiming their whatever entitled them to be coddled as they are now. Lastly, college now have to compete more aggressively for students so the will let people in who might not have gotten in in 1994.

The anti Vietnam War counter culture university students of the 1960's, 70's graduated and enterred into teaching positions.
They eventually became tenured Professors who have been turning out indoctrinated leftist radical Marxist students for almost 50 years.
Now that cycle is repeating itself generation after generation. ... :cool:

Last edited:
Democrats breed smarter kids? ...

Maybe Liberal Arts colleges teach liberal arts? ...

Maybe it's just a cyclic thing ...

For those who think public schools are brainwashing our children ... do you attend school board meetings regularly? ...

Republic 39%
Independent 32%
Democrat 27%

Republican 24%
Independent 38%
Democrat 35%

More and more people seem to be going to college, except the number of Republicans going to college, while also increasing, isn't going up nearly as much as the number of Democrats, so Republicans are comprising a smaller and smaller percentage of academia. Does anyone have any opinions as to why this might be?

View attachment 383350

Becoming? Becoming? This has been true since I was in college in the mid-60s.

That's nothing compared to where college professors send their political contributions.

Ratio of 95 to 1 Democrats to Republican Professors Donate Strictly Along Party Lines
January 24, 2020 Dr. Tar Uncategorized 11

Campus Reform
A recent study found that U.S. college professors donate exclusively to Democrats over Republicans by a 95:1 ratio. Two researchers, Heterodox Academy Director of Research Sean Stevens and Brooklyn College Professor Mitchell Langbert conducted the study, published by the National Association of Scholars.

Republic 39%
Independent 32%
Democrat 27%

Republican 24%
Independent 38%
Democrat 35%

View attachment 383350

If you can’t do, teach. Losers are educating our kids.

Democrats breed smarter kids? ...

Maybe Liberal Arts colleges teach liberal arts? ...

Maybe it's just a cyclic thing ...

For those who think public schools are brainwashing our children ... do you attend school board meetings regularly? ...

As you know, Republicans have jobs and careers.

As you know, Republicans have jobs and careers.

It's said if you want to get ahead in life ... quit high school and get a job at 14 ... when your classmates graduate college ten years later, you'll be their boss ... that ten years work experience will pay better than any damn college degree ...

I can think of two things that might somewhat explain this. One is that women are comprising a higher percentage of college graduates and women are more liberal. The second is that many conservatives view college as nothing more than a financial gamble that is too expensive these days as college costs have vastly outstripped inflation. If they aren't confident that getting a college degree will raise their eventual income enough to not only recuperate their expenses and lost wages incurred when attending college, but eventually pay off financially in the long run, they see it as not worth it. Additionally, many conservatives view some fields of academia as useless and toxic.

I can think of two things that might somewhat explain this. One is that women are comprising a higher percentage of college graduates and women are more liberal. The second is that many conservatives view college as nothing more than a financial gamble that is too expensive these days as college costs have vastly outstripped inflation. If they aren't confident that getting a college degree will raise their eventual income enough to not only recuperate their expenses and lost wages incurred when attending college, but eventually pay off financially in the long run, they see it as not worth it. Additionally, many conservatives view some fields of academia as useless and toxic.

There is a lot of truth in the old cliche. Those who can do, those who cannot teach.

Forum List

Back