Why are Leftists mostly atheists?

American Creation: Thomas Paine's Common Sense, as heard by the American Colonists

I was reading Thomas Paines "Common Sense", when it all hit me as to why Leftists are mostly atheists.

Thomas discusses the scripture 1 Samuel 8 in his pamphlet Common Sense that was instrumental in gaining support for the American Revolution. Why? Because Thomas was telling people that rejecting a human king, like the Kind of England, had a Biblical basis. The chapter has to do with the people of Israel demanding a king. Up until that time, the Hebrew nation was only held together via judges that maintained peace in society. However, some of these judges became corrupt and the people tired of enemies with kings and armies constantly at their heels, so they wanted a king of their own to fight them off.

Samuel is upset by their request as he goes before God and discusses the situation with him. God tells him that the people are rejecting him as their king, and tells Samuel to give them a warning of what will happen to them if a sinful man becomes their king by giving them example after example of how they will be abused and mistreated. However, the people will not be swayed and demand their king, so God gives them Saul their first king.

From then on, the Hebrew nation spirals downward into oblivion until the Hebrew people become swallowed up by the Gentile nations and eventually into the ovens of Europe because they did not heed the warnings.

At our core we all demand a king, well, at least most of us. We all have an innate need to look to a higher power for help in a world that is dark and unjust with the knowledge that we can't do it alone.

So those of faith who choose God as their king and atheists choose a human king, or the state.

It's just that simple.
Atheists have the intelligence to not believe in fairy tales

It’s just that simple

American Creation: Thomas Paine's Common Sense, as heard by the American Colonists

I was reading Thomas Paines "Common Sense", when it all hit me as to why Leftists are mostly atheists.

Thomas discusses the scripture 1 Samuel 8 in his pamphlet Common Sense that was instrumental in gaining support for the American Revolution. Why? Because Thomas was telling people that rejecting a human king, like the Kind of England, had a Biblical basis. The chapter has to do with the people of Israel demanding a king. Up until that time, the Hebrew nation was only held together via judges that maintained peace in society. However, some of these judges became corrupt and the people tired of enemies with kings and armies constantly at their heels, so they wanted a king of their own to fight them off.

Samuel is upset by their request as he goes before God and discusses the situation with him. God tells him that the people are rejecting him as their king, and tells Samuel to give them a warning of what will happen to them if a sinful man becomes their king by giving them example after example of how they will be abused and mistreated. However, the people will not be swayed and demand their king, so God gives them Saul their first king.

From then on, the Hebrew nation spirals downward into oblivion until the Hebrew people become swallowed up by the Gentile nations and eventually into the ovens of Europe because they did not heed the warnings.

At our core we all demand a king, well, at least most of us. We all have an innate need to look to a higher power for help in a world that is dark and unjust with the knowledge that we can't do it alone.

So those of faith who choose God as their king and atheists choose a human king, or the state.

It's just that simple.
Atheists have the intelligence to not believe in fairy tales

It’s just that simple

Yes, but to they have the intelligence to notice when someone is pulling their chain?

Leftists are atheists because you can't be anti-human rights, and a Christian.
Why do you say that atheists are against human rights? Like who?
The ideology of the left is purely about the denial of human rights.

Their belief that religion must be regulated by the state, for example.
Their belief that the unborn aren't really human until some time after birth (provided they are at full term) denies the existence of humanity itself, and establishes that people don't have inherent rights..but only exist as humans with rights when the government says so.

Their belief that people should be charged with crimes for saying things they don't agree with...

All those things are examples of human rights violations. I could go on.

Last edited:
Where is the support for the idea that a "leftist," however "leftist" is defined, is any more inclined to be "atheists" than any other person"
Yeah, there probably isn't any, though I suspect it to be true. Unfortunately, people lie about this stuff, when polled.

There is no correlation between religious views and political views. This is why it is so ridiculous to try and blend the two together.

There is a Christian Left?

Where is the support for the idea that a "leftist," however "leftist" is defined, is any more inclined to be "atheists" than any other person"
Yeah, there probably isn't any, though I suspect it to be true. Unfortunately, people lie about this stuff, when polled.

There is no correlation between religious views and political views. This is why it is so ridiculous to try and blend the two together.

You are no Christian. I doubt that you are even an american...You are up to no good and have been a very naughty boy.

Your tag line is a dead giveaway.

Last edited:

Their belief that the unborn aren't really human until some time after birth (provided they are at full term) denies the existence of humanity itself, and establishes that people don't have inherent rights..but only exist as humans with rights until the government says so.

Their belief that people should be charged with crimes for saying things they don't agree with...

All those things are examples of human rights violations. I could go one.
You say "purely" about the denial of human rights. That's what's known as a massive exaggeration. If you expect people to take you seriously...

It's called Oprah. :biggrin:

It's just that simple.
Education tends to make doGs less relevant. You can explain things with logic and intelligence rather than faith.

A complete education (eventually) leads one back to the Father and Logos. Pure intellectualism leads one deeper into self-aggrandizement and moral relativism. One cannot think away the fallen tree blocking the road by convincing himself it does not exist; he must acknowledge the problem and then actually find a means of moving it. Often, moving the downed tree involves asking for help (prayer).
You're going to pray a heavy object off the road?

Right, you work on that, I'mma go get my chainsaw and tow chain.

You missed it. This time of year, I keep the chainsaw in my truck. Storms can happen any time. One could grow old and toothless waiting on the county to clean up the road. It's what we do without the availability of a chainsaw that matters. You've understood the tree too literally.
Literal tree or metaphorical tree you still ain't gonna move it by praying.

Sadly, it is the faithless who will move nothing tangible or abstract by intellectualizing the obstacle out of existence. And when attempts to do so fail, the sole recourse for them is call to destroy it.

It's just a matter of waiting ...right?

You wait and see
Nah, I'll just make the most of the time I have. You go ahead and waste it, waiting for the magical afterlife.

You just harm any animal or hunt or make animal life suffer........you just wait and see.....GOD is waiting for you.....up there.... to show you the kind way.

HIS way.

The secular state is all about protecting animals

Eagle+egg.jpg

In fact, the people in Biblical times often worshipped animals or the sun or moon.

For you see, you either worship creation or the Creator.

obama_messiah.jpg
Thats nice. Get all the whining out of your system. Personally, I'm against abortion. I am just not so deluded and self important enough to think I have a magical sky wizard telling me I get to decide for others.

I reckon this is the same reason that the Left allows MS 13 to cross the border and kill Americans.

They are just not self important enough to think a magical sky wizard tells them to decide for others on what to do about it.

Just who, knowingly, "allows MS 13 to cross the border and kill Americans"? Name names and places, please.

Their belief that the unborn aren't really human until some time after birth (provided they are at full term) denies the existence of humanity itself, and establishes that people don't have inherent rights..but only exist as humans with rights until the government says so.

You say "purely" about the denial of human rights. That's what's known as a massive exaggeration. If you expect people to take you seriously...

What is human rights based upon? If there is no God, if we are not really made in his image, then we are just glorified animals. The Founding Fathers, although not all Christians, recognized that our rights came from God.

And what do we do with animals? Do we not use them as beasts of burden, lock them up in zoos for our entertainment, kill and eat them, etc.?

Of course, you would probably say that human have rights cuz they are smarter. Well then, what about the stupid people on this planet? Do they not have natural rights?

What is human rights based upon? If there is no God, if we are not really made in his image, then we are just glorified animals. The Founding Fathers, although not all Christians, recognized that our rights came from God.

And what do we do with animals? Do we not use them as beasts of burden, lock them up in zoos for our entertainment, kill and eat them, etc.?

Of course, you would probably say that human have rights cuz they are smarter. Well then, what about the stupid people on this planet? Do they not have natural rights?

Stupid people do not have the right to impose their stupidity on the rest of the population.

Nah, I'll just make the most of the time I have. You go ahead and waste it, waiting for the magical afterlife.

You just harm any animal or hunt or make animal life suffer........you just wait and see.....GOD is waiting for you.....up there.... to show you the kind way.

HIS way.

The secular state is all about protecting animals

Eagle+egg.jpg

In fact, the people in Biblical times often worshipped animals or the sun or moon.

For you see, you either worship creation or the Creator.

obama_messiah.jpg
Thats nice. Get all the whining out of your system. Personally, I'm against abortion. I am just not so deluded and self important enough to think I have a magical sky wizard telling me I get to decide for others.

I reckon this is the same reason that the Left allows MS 13 to cross the border and kill Americans.

They are just not self important enough to think a magical sky wizard tells them to decide for others on what to do about it.

Just who, knowingly, "allows MS 13 to cross the border and kill Americans"? Name names and places, please.

It's just that simple.
You do realize that not all atheists are leftist; don’t you?

It's just that simple.
And not all leftists are atheists...

This jerks only aim is sowing discord through derision.

It's just that simple.

Of course, but there is a reason why most people of faith are conservatives.

Abortion is a key issue regarding this. People who are serious about their faith are forced not to endorse genocide with their vote because the Dims embrace abortion as a key foundational principle. Any time someone is appointed to SCOTUS, this is the only issue they seem to care about when deciding who should get appointed. Nothing else much matters to them.

As I stated earlier, Nancy Pelosi says she is Catholic but sides against the church that says abortion is murder. Her political party positions matter more to her than the church, yet she still insists on saying she is a Catholic.

Very odd.

Stupid people do not have the right to impose their stupidity on the rest of the population.

Words best spoken into your nearest mirror. In one breath you defend. With the next you attack. Is broad assignation of generic identities and tidal generalization the core of your purported mysticism? I was just beginning to enjoy it . . . again.

It's just that simple.

Abortion is a key issue regarding this. People who are serious about their faith are forced not to endorse genocide with their vote because the Dims embrace abortion as a key foundational principle. Any time someone is appointed to SCOTUS, this is the only issue they seem to care about when deciding who should get appointed. Nothing else much matters to them.

Genocide? Nothing else matters to Dims??

Really? lol

It's just that simple.

Genocide? Nothing else matters to Dims??

Really? lol

Indeed. Abortion has become one of the foundational principles of the democrat party.

If you believe that abortion is murder, then you have no other choice but to vote against them.

For example, if I lived in Nazi Germany, I could never vote for a Nazi because of their genocide, not matter how great their socialist policies were.

And trust me, German citizens had "free" everything as they enjoyed a higher living standard than citizens in Ally countries. In short, Hitler bought off a society knee deep in genocide and war weary.

Shrug, it worked. There were not uprisings during WW2 like there was in WW1 due to poor living standards, which is why Hitler embraced the Nanny state.

Of course there is. And a Christian political middle, as well. I've driven past many Christian churches that fly the rainbow flag. There is a local newspaper that caters to LGBT interests. For years it has published a directory of houses of worship that welcome the LGBT community and/or were established by the LGBT community itself, i.e. The Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches. I doubt that the people involved would support right-wing politics. And this is just considering those who follow a Christian faith, as opposed to dedicated followers of other faiths. And take a look at Sojourners:

Who We Are

It's just that simple.

As I stated earlier, Nancy Pelosi says she is Catholic but sides against the church that says abortion is murder. Her political party positions matter more to her than the church, yet she still insists on saying she is a Catholic.

Very odd.
I would dispute that given the heavy Democract voting practices of minorities. Blacks, and Hispanics in particular heavily are Christian of one stripe or another.

Forum List

Back