Why are Leftists mostly atheists?

American Creation: Thomas Paine's Common Sense, as heard by the American Colonists

I was reading Thomas Paines "Common Sense", when it all hit me as to why Leftists are mostly atheists.

Thomas discusses the scripture 1 Samuel 8 in his pamphlet Common Sense that was instrumental in gaining support for the American Revolution. Why? Because Thomas was telling people that rejecting a human king, like the Kind of England, had a Biblical basis. The chapter has to do with the people of Israel demanding a king. Up until that time, the Hebrew nation was only held together via judges that maintained peace in society. However, some of these judges became corrupt and the people tired of enemies with kings and armies constantly at their heels, so they wanted a king of their own to fight them off.

Samuel is upset by their request as he goes before God and discusses the situation with him. God tells him that the people are rejecting him as their king, and tells Samuel to give them a warning of what will happen to them if a sinful man becomes their king by giving them example after example of how they will be abused and mistreated. However, the people will not be swayed and demand their king, so God gives them Saul their first king.

From then on, the Hebrew nation spirals downward into oblivion until the Hebrew people become swallowed up by the Gentile nations and eventually into the ovens of Europe because they did not heed the warnings.

At our core we all demand a king, well, at least most of us. We all have an innate need to look to a higher power for help in a world that is dark and unjust with the knowledge that we can't do it alone.

So those of faith who choose God as their king and atheists choose a human king, or the state.

It's just that simple.
We don’t swallow the lies of the church or the rich ruling elite class. We don’t worship the rich or a man made up god.

Common sense, democracy, everyone gets a vote, labor is represented at the table.

You don’t want a seat at the table. You’re a sheep in a pew.

The rich use wedge issues to win over dummies. God, gays, guns, racism.

You pick religion today?

It is true that the sheep should not blindly follow an organization or personality, rather, they are to follow their shepherd who is Christ.

To say that I should not blindly follow the church instead of Christ is accurate, but to say that all church's are devoid of Christ is not accurate.

Bullshit.. The churches, all of the churches, blindly follow the antichrist, a false sugarcoated three in one edible mangod that does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence.

Sorry, pretty much every religion I know recognizes Jesus as a man from God and any historian worth his salt will say that he existed.

No other person can say this.
Believing that Jesus was a man on a mission from God or that he actually existed is not the same thing as saying that he was actually God in the flesh.

Nice try.

That belief is an abomination that causes desolation.. Own it....

What other man does every religion recognize as being on a mission from God?

Also, if he did not claim to be the Son of God, why was he crucified on a cross?

We don’t swallow the lies of the church or the rich ruling elite class. We don’t worship the rich or a man made up god.

Common sense, democracy, everyone gets a vote, labor is represented at the table.

You pick religion today?

It is true that the sheep should not blindly follow an organization or personality, rather, they are to follow their shepherd who is Christ.

To say that I should not blindly follow the church instead of Christ is accurate, but to say that all church's are devoid of Christ is not accurate.

Bullshit.. The churches, all of the churches, blindly follow the antichrist, a false sugarcoated three in one edible mangod that does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence.

Sorry, pretty much every religion I know recognizes Jesus as a man from God and any historian worth his salt will say that he existed.

Believing that Jesus was a man on a mission from God or that he actually existed is not the same thing as saying that he was actually God in the flesh.

Nice try.

Also, if he did not claim to be the Son of God, why was he crucified on a cross?

The title, son of God was a relational metaphor not a claim of divinity..

And why did he get crucified? lol why? seriously?

Because the corrupt ruling religious elite conspired with a foreign enemy to have him killed because their feewings were hurt when they were profoundly embarrassed by his revelation exposing them as actors and lying frauds who were enriching themselves leading smooth and easy lives by preying on the gullible and fleecing them on a daily basis for their entire lives..

Its just like deja vu all over again!

Nice try.

Because the corrupt ruling religious elite conspired with a foreign enemy to have him killed because their feewings were hurt when they were profoundly embarrassed by his revelation exposing them as actors and lying frauds who were enriching themselves leading smooth and easy lives by preying on the gullible and fleecing them on a daily basis for their entire lives..

Ok, what was the charge against him?

Nice try.

Sedition. The romans didn't give a shit if he claimed to be a spirit of truth who was sent by an invisible God in the sky anymore than they gave a shit if the Jews were afraid of bacon.. That was just funny to them.

As soon as they were convinced by his enemies, who falsely accused him of claiming to be God on earth, in the flesh, they saw it as a threat to the authority of Caesar and acted immediately, arrested him, and put him to death.

No big deal. He was just another nutty Jew to them...

Last edited:

Nice try.

Sedition. The romans didn't give a shit that he claimed to be a spirit of truth from an invisible God in the sky anymore than they gave a shit if the Jews were afraid of bacon.. That was just funny to them.

As soon as they were convinced by his enemies, who falsely accused him of claiming to be God on earth, in the flesh, they saw it as a threat to the authority of Caesar and acted immediately, arrested him, and put him to death.

I see, so they falsely accused him of being God. So when he went before Pilate he held his tongue regarding this charge, why?

Did he want to be crucified on a cross? If so, why did he sweat drops of blood in prayer the night before begging the Father to spare him if possible?

Nice try.

Sedition. The romans didn't give a shit that he claimed to be a spirit of truth from an invisible God in the sky anymore than they gave a shit if the Jews were afraid of bacon.. That was just funny to them.

I see, so they falsely accused him of being God. So when he went before Pilate he held his tongue regarding this charge, why?

Did he want to be crucified on a cross? If so, why did he sweat drops of blood in prayer the night before begging the Father to spare him if possible?

He didn't give a shit. If he was afraid to die or bear witness to the truth he would never have opened his mouth in the first place. People were being thrown in dungeons, maimed and killed in front of his eyes for trivial reasons every day he was alive.

Remember what he said when threatened by the religious authorities? No one starts to build a house without first calculating what it will cost to finish it.

What did he say immediately before he died? It is finished

He prayed for "this cup" to pass him by, which shows that Jesus did not want to curse the nations.

"Take from my hand "this cup" of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

Last edited:
American Creation: Thomas Paine's Common Sense, as heard by the American Colonists

I was reading Thomas Paines "Common Sense", when it all hit me as to why Leftists are mostly atheists.

Thomas discusses the scripture 1 Samuel 8 in his pamphlet Common Sense that was instrumental in gaining support for the American Revolution. Why? Because Thomas was telling people that rejecting a human king, like the Kind of England, had a Biblical basis. The chapter has to do with the people of Israel demanding a king. Up until that time, the Hebrew nation was only held together via judges that maintained peace in society. However, some of these judges became corrupt and the people tired of enemies with kings and armies constantly at their heels, so they wanted a king of their own to fight them off.

Samuel is upset by their request as he goes before God and discusses the situation with him. God tells him that the people are rejecting him as their king, and tells Samuel to give them a warning of what will happen to them if a sinful man becomes their king by giving them example after example of how they will be abused and mistreated. However, the people will not be swayed and demand their king, so God gives them Saul their first king.

From then on, the Hebrew nation spirals downward into oblivion until the Hebrew people become swallowed up by the Gentile nations and eventually into the ovens of Europe because they did not heed the warnings.

At our core we all demand a king, well, at least most of us. We all have an innate need to look to a higher power for help in a world that is dark and unjust with the knowledge that we can't do it alone.

So those of faith who choose God as their king and atheists choose a human king, or the state.

It's just that simple.
Gideon also determined that the Israelites need not subject themselves to an earthly king (Judges 8:22-23). Finally after the Cross, the faithful of God realized this aspiration.

Individual congregations in Christendom are self-governing; New Testament canon in fact encourages spirit-led organization within local assemblies. But within the Christians’ kingdom at large, no hierarchy subjugates them, no taxing authority oppresses them, no regulatory body directs them, no central authority oversees them. They seek no single unifying leader to call teacher or father, as Jesus foretold (Mt 23:8-9). Decentralized leadership is, to my mind, the biggest commonality between Christianity and republicanism.

The Christians' temple is a living temple of which they are all the stones. They are all counted as priests, inspired by the Holy Spirit to a higher ethical standard, to live by the power of forgiveness and the spirit of truth. It is a temple without altar, ritual, or mandate. By design, the church is a temple of equals (Mt 20:25-28).

Liberals, therefore, organized another institution and called it the liberal church.

You pick religion today?

Nice try.

The Blues Brothers were on a mission from God

mission-from-god-blues-brothers.jpg

Here is an article breaking down religion and party affiliation

U.S. religious groups and their political leanings

As we can see, those who affiliate themselves with Christian churches are more than likely conservative.

Naturally, you have churches, like the one Obama attended, that adhere to Black Liberation Theology, which views the state as an instrument of God himself to reach out to the poor and those in need, but most understand that church and state led to Inquisitions, ghettos and Crusades. Christ tried to warn us that his kingdom was not of this world, nor can be.

Now look at how agnostics and atheists rate. It proves my point.

As for Muslims and Jews, I find that many Jews identify as a Jew but don't practice their religion. In fact, many I have met identify as a Jew but don't believe in God.

As for Muslims, their religion is more related to the state and Sharia law. Their religion is therefore, more focused on political power than on the power of God. I guess you could argue that they believe that the power of God comes through political power, as they utterly reject Christ's warnings about the kingdom of God never being able to be a part of this world.

There are the stats I know--I wondered when someone was going to post them, thanks. So we have 15% of atheists as conservatives and an overwhelming 84% of them liberal/leftist. I don't think we need to argue anymore if they are or are not leftist, they are. Those who are not are clearly outliers.

It's just that simple.

It just occurred to me that Votto is pretty ignorant.

Using Democrats as a 'Leftists'- most Leftists'- 55%- believe in some god- I don't know why- but they do.

Religious Landscape Study

But hey- I know that the facts won't stop Votto from posting his 'alternative facts'

LOL

I happen to be a lefty and I'm not athist
Not all are. There’s a distribution for darn near everything.

As a rule progressives generally tend to be atheists. And the more left one is the more militant they tend to be in their atheism. Take rightwinger for example.

Do you disagree with the church doctrine that abortion is murder or do you not care?

Do all Churches have the same doctrine?

I am asking because the Bible doesn't mention abortion.
"Thou Shall Not Kill".
The Bible mentions abortion more specifically as a merciless and bloody treatment of combatant nations in which pregnant woman are ripped open for military advantage.

See Hosea 13:16 and Amos 1:13, for example.

Leftist are generally atheist because we are logical thinkers.

If you look at religion logically, it makes zero sense.

Not all are. There’s a distribution for darn near everything.

As a rule progressives generally tend to be atheists. And the more left one is the more militant they tend to be in their atheism. Take rightwinger for example.

Hmmm I guess there is a corollary there- the more right one is the more militant they tend to be in their evangelical Christianity and Christian victimhood.

Do you disagree with the church doctrine that abortion is murder or do you not care?

Do all Churches have the same doctrine?

I am asking because the Bible doesn't mention abortion.
The Bible does speak of Baal and those who adhered to that religion. They historically would take unwanted babies and burn them alive in a fire that burned in the tummy their idols! Most societies of that time would understood that abortion was to kill the mother as well as the baby. It was more logical to them to have the baby and then THROW IT AWAY! Today's medical practices simply move the events forward... And instead of a burning Idol the baby is exposed to chemical salt solutions and machines that tear the baby limb from limb.

Forum List

Back