Why are liberals so rude to the right?

Trying to treat this discussion seriously, there's plenty of rudeness on both sides. When I was right wing, I was very RUDE to liberals. Now that I'm actually set straight on who my friends and enemies are, I'm pretty fucking rude to Conservatives.

Now, partially, it's because I don't suffer fools gladly, on the left or the right. But mostly, when you have people who are incapable of doing anything but repeat mindless mantras ("Bush lied, People died" or "Guns don't kill, people kill") it's kind of hard to have a thoughtful discussion.

okey dokey

The answer should be obvious. Those on the right are enemies to be destroyed not given respect. The right needs to learn this lesson but fast. This is a war so far fought on a low level with the left supporting various forms of proxy. The left doesn't really want to be rude. They really want the right dead. Their wet dreams are of when the right dies. That's why the justify everything from islamic terrorists with bombs to black panthers with baseball bats.

And killing American citizens without due process of law while vociferously protesting drug tests for welfare recipients. And you are correct they do wish us dead as evidenced by the quotes in my signature line.

Attention....strawman in aisle three.

Attention, lost service dog separated from his blind master in aisle two.

Trying to treat this discussion seriously, there's plenty of rudeness on both sides. When I was right wing, I was very RUDE to liberals. Now that I'm actually set straight on who my friends and enemies are, I'm pretty fucking rude to Conservatives.

Now, partially, it's because I don't suffer fools gladly, on the left or the right. But mostly, when you have people who are incapable of doing anything but repeat mindless mantras ("Bush lied, People died" or "Guns don't kill, people kill") it's kind of hard to have a thoughtful discussion.

okey dokey

Thank you so much for proving my point.

okey dokey

my dear, you proved the point of the article when you asked if it was from the Onion..
as for why you are rude since you saw the light and is now a reformed Republican, what are we were suppose to say?

good grief:eusa_whistle:

Ahh yes....fear....the number one weapon of the right. Hey wingnut? Who's talking about "armed rebellion"? Not the left.

Not fear. Calm acceptance of reality. The left doesn't see themselves in a state of rebellion. They see themselves as the establishment in their transformed obamamerica. The nation should peacefully split. Instead it may well violently split. But, split it will do. There is no alternative.

No...we aren't in rebellion. We just want what's right for our fellow countrymen...not just a tiny segment.

And that is one of the big problems. You think you know "what is right for our fellow countrymen" and freedom be damned you are going to give it to them. You think you are better than them and you will protect them from their ignorance. Basically the left defines arrogance and intolerance.

Immie

okey dokey

my dear, you proved the point of the article when you asked if it was from the Onion..
as for why you are rude since you saw the light and is now a reformed Republican, what are we were suppose to say?

I asked if the author's name was a joke. Seriously "Leften Wright". "Left and Right". Get it?

Obviously, you didn't.

the rest of it sort of read like a parody, too. I'm kind of sorry you are too dense to get that.

But yes, I think the thing was, there are only two kinds of people who vote Republican today.
Rich people and Rubes.

I'm not rich, and I refuse to be a Rube.

I asked if the author's name was a joke. Seriously "Leften Wright". "Left and Right". Get it?

Obviously, you didn't.

the rest of it sort of read like a parody, too. I'm kind of sorry you are too dense to get that.

But yes, I think the thing was, there are only two kinds of people who vote Republican today.
Rich people and Rubes.

you proved the article right..you live with it..
see ya

Obviously, you didn't.

Rich people and Rubes.

Well, I'm not rich, but when you see 40% of your income hijacked before the deposit gets to the bank, and you also see gang bangers and welfare queens not having to hit a lick at a snake, it is easy to surmise that liberal policies aren't going to help this widow who worked 3 jobs to support her family. Conservative policies may not help my bracket either, but it certainly looks like less of the money I, myself, have earned gets given to the undeserving. The undeserving get rude when they see you don't want them to have it because they think they deserve it more than you. I have parted with conservatives on occasion, one of them being national healthcare. I, along with my professional organization, have supported national healthcare since the day I became a nurse. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined it would be chucked onto the backs of small businesses the way it has been. What a blow to some really hard working people. It would cost less and benefit more in the long run just to extend medicaid to the working poor.

Last edited:

Obviously, you didn't.

Rich people and Rubes.

you proved the article right..you live with it..
see ya

You probably will.

What you never do is make a valid point.

[

Well, I'm not rich, but when you see 40% of your income hijacked before the deposit gets to the bank, and you also see gang bangers and welfare queens not having to hit a lick at a snake, it is easy to surmise that liberal policies aren't going to help this widow who worked 3 jobs to support her family. Conservative policies may not help my bracket either, but it certainly looks like less of the money I, myself, have earned gets given to the undeserving. The undeserving get rude when they see you don't want them to have it because they think they deserve it more than you. I have parted with conservatives on occasion, one of them being national healthcare. I, along with my professional organization, have supported national healthcare since the day I became a nurse. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined it would be chucked onto the backs of small businesses the way it has been. What a blow to some really hard working people. It would cost less and benefit more in the long run just to extend medicaid to the working poor.

Again, it was conservatives who insisted that employer based health care be maintained at all costs. We could have had a public option, they shot that down. We could have had a medicare buy in. They shot that down.

Do you think the majority of folks on Welfare and Food Stamps wouldn't rather be working a job? In fact, 40% of those who have food stamps have at least one household member with a job.

You guys complain about them "Welfare people", but the reality is, conservative policies created them.

Because when you have to go to the GOvernment for good, shelter and health care because you can't get that out of your employer, you are going totally vote for more of that shit.

No one has ever let his child starve on principle.

[

Again, it was conservatives who insisted that employer based health care be maintained at all costs. We could have had a public option, they shot that down. We could have had a medicare buy in. They shot that down.

Do you think the majority of folks on Welfare and Food Stamps wouldn't rather be working a job? In fact, 40% of those who have food stamps have at least one household member with a job.

You guys complain about them "Welfare people", but the reality is, conservative policies created them.

Because when you have to go to the GOvernment for good, shelter and health care because you can't get that out of your employer, you are going totally vote for more of that shit.

No one has ever let his child starve on principle.

yeah right...Conservatives name isn't on this stinker called, ObamaCare..but you are going to blame anyway..:eusa_hand:

Last edited:
There's plenty of rude to go around ...

Why is this in "current events" Like most of stupidsteph's threads, it belongs in the froot loop forum.

(That's a lib being rude to an idiot.)

Why is the right so rude to liberals?

That's another easy answer. The right hates liberals. Liberals don't deserve respect. The right only want to be free of liberals and keeps buying guns for when they become necessary.

Whether it's right or left, the only true position is we don't want to live together. Neither side has a kind word to say to the other side. No use even asking.

you are wrong.....thats only with the Far Right and Left.....everyone else can actually get along with someone who might...."gasp'....have a different view....

The great mainstream get along fine. The far left and the far right are the enemies of the mainstream. We must always remember that the extremists want to damage America.

Jake is right for once. The nation is divided between friends and enemies. Few will be nice to their enemies. There was at one time a huge middle ground where most people would compromise, agree, and what politicians did didn't affect them all that much. That middle ground is disappearing, it is no more than a sliver now. What politicians do are affecting people in their daily lives.

Friends and enemies, everyone has to decide and never give an inch.

A better estimation is that the nation has always been divided between non-enemies and enemies. The great mainstream of right of center to left of center generally gets along. That is why the great mainstream will not let the extremism of the rightwing reactionaries or libertarians or the far lefties ever govern America. They are the enemies of America.

The Dems have always been rude to the right.
They were very rude and hateful to the right in the early 70's.
If you were a lone conservative or maybe two of you, in a group of 4 or 5 Liberals in the late 1960's or early 70's, you got insulted and talked down to and made to keep your opinions to yourself. It made the right shut up, just so that it would keep the peace.
What you are seeing now is the right are refusing to shut up this time.
We are not going to make the same mistake again and we are voicing our opinions and we will not keep quite this time with the attitude we had back then of keeping quite to just get along.

Liberals give conservatives every ounce of respect they deserve

No. They don't. They (by and large) give conservatives every bit of respect they ignorantly imagine the conservatives "deserve."

This is just more evidence of how shallow is the thinking of modern day liberals.

You are a spokesman for such stupidity, leftwhiner. They should feel embarrassed.

I was being tactful

Actually conservatives are given much more credence and respect than they have earned

Wrong.

You were being your typical ignorant self, full of baseless feelings of superiority. You -- and lots of you leftwingnuts -- are simply full of such unwarranted ego, sickening arrogance and consistent error.

Frankly, what some left wing fubar nitwit such as you "believes" that others "deserve" in terms of respect is pretty much irrelevant except as a tool to explore your arrogant ignorance.

Forum List

Back