Why Are Moms Like Me Being Called Domestic Terrorists?

The following is from an email I got the other day:
I am a mother of four, a criminal defense attorney and a lifelong liberal who is deeply concerned about the direction of New York City’s public schools. I’ve been outspoken about my views, along with an untold number of frustrated parents. For that, the FBI is considering using the PATRIOT Act against me.

Let me explain: late last month, the National School Boards Association, an umbrella organization representing thousands of local elected school board officials, sent a letter addressed to President Biden. It warned that “America’s public schools and its education leaders are under an immediate threat.” But not just any threat: “the classification of these heinous actions could be the equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes.” The letter implored the White House to enlist the support of Homeland Security, the FBI and the Department of Justice to investigate the threat — adding that the alleged crimes fall under the purview of the “PATRIOT Act in regards to domestic terrorism.”

I read the letter with grave concern, as would any American who cares about our public schools and the safety of teachers and students. What was the nature of this threat? And would my own children be at risk?

As it turns out, the threat is me. The threat is parents showing up to dress down school boards over their dereliction of duty. That is what the NSBA considers a crime.

I urge you to read the letter in full. You will see that it contains 24 footnotes. The worst of the so-called crimes include prank calls; a single individual in Ohio yelling a “Nazi salute in protest of masking requirements”; another individual in Washington State whose disorderly conduct prompted the board to call a recess; “spreading misinformation” online, and disorderly conduct arrests. In New York, where I live, disorderly conduct is not even a criminal offense.

And yet within days of the NSBA letter, the top law enforcement official in the country, Attorney General Merrick Garland, publicly responded to the letter with a memorandum to the director of the FBI. Garland agreed with the NSBA that “there has been a disturbing spike in harassment, intimidation, and threats of violence” against board members — without providing any evidence. He further announced specialized training for board members to “aid in the investigation and prosecution of these crimes” and, more worryingly, the creation of a task force composed of FBI and Justice Department representatives to “determine how federal enforcement tools can be used to prosecute these crimes.” The FBI’s clear message to parents is that the NSBA is on the right track.

THIS is domestic terrorism? It's okay to riot, burn, and loot private property, vandalize public property and even declare certain places as autonomous zones, that's not domestic terrorism is but parents raising hell at a local school board meeting is? Are you fucking kidding me? Our FBI is coming after US? WE are the problem? Something is seriously fucked up here.

Because the Rats.....the Left are fucking cowards.

that's why moms are called domestic terrorists.

If you are not guilty of harassment, intimidation, or threats, how does that effect you?

Parents are SUPPOSED the harass, intimidate, and threaten school boards.
School board are corrupt bureaucrats who forget they are supposed to be subordinate to the parents.

But the use of Homeland Security, the FBI, etc. on local parents, is totally and completely illegal.

Well, at least the moms that are guilty of assault and making threats of violence. You really have a problem with that?

Parents are SUPPOSED the harass, intimidate, and threaten school boards.
School board are corrupt bureaucrats who forget they are supposed to be subordinate to the parents.

But the use of Homeland Security, the FBI, etc. on local parents, is totally and completely illegal.
Nope. Those things have always been against the law, even at school board meetings. Are you really that dumb?

No idea. It's not my job to keep a list of criminals. You got a list of those that didn't assault or make threats of violence?
So how do you know that anything occured other than the normal?

Why would any news source report on those that didn't assault or make threats of violence?

You're a fucking idiot.

So how do you know that anything occured other than the normal?

Why would any news source report on those that didn't assault or make threats of violence?

You're a fucking idiot.
Don't be silly. There are plenty of videos of crazies making threats at school board meetings.

I am a mother of four, a criminal defense attorney and a lifelong liberal who is deeply concerned about the direction of New York City’s public schools. I’ve been outspoken about my views, along with an untold number of frustrated parents. For that, the FBI is considering using the PATRIOT Act against me.

Let me explain: late last month, the National School Boards Association, an umbrella organization representing thousands of local elected school board officials, sent a letter addressed to President Biden. It warned that “America’s public schools and its education leaders are under an immediate threat.” But not just any threat: “the classification of these heinous actions could be the equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes.” The letter implored the White House to enlist the support of Homeland Security, the FBI and the Department of Justice to investigate the threat — adding that the alleged crimes fall under the purview of the “PATRIOT Act in regards to domestic terrorism.”

I read the letter with grave concern, as would any American who cares about our public schools and the safety of teachers and students. What was the nature of this threat? And would my own children be at risk?

As it turns out, the threat is me. The threat is parents showing up to dress down school boards over their dereliction of duty. That is what the NSBA considers a crime.

I urge you to read the letter in full. You will see that it contains 24 footnotes. The worst of the so-called crimes include prank calls; a single individual in Ohio yelling a “Nazi salute in protest of masking requirements”; another individual in Washington State whose disorderly conduct prompted the board to call a recess; “spreading misinformation” online, and disorderly conduct arrests. In New York, where I live, disorderly conduct is not even a criminal offense.

And yet within days of the NSBA letter, the top law enforcement official in the country, Attorney General Merrick Garland, publicly responded to the letter with a memorandum to the director of the FBI. Garland agreed with the NSBA that “there has been a disturbing spike in harassment, intimidation, and threats of violence” against board members — without providing any evidence. He further announced specialized training for board members to “aid in the investigation and prosecution of these crimes” and, more worryingly, the creation of a task force composed of FBI and Justice Department representatives to “determine how federal enforcement tools can be used to prosecute these crimes.” The FBI’s clear message to parents is that the NSBA is on the right track.

THIS is domestic terrorism? It's okay to riot, burn, and loot private property, vandalize public property and even declare certain places as autonomous zones, that's not domestic terrorism is but parents raising hell at a local school board meeting is? Are you fucking kidding me? Our FBI is coming after US? WE are the problem? Something is seriously fucked up here.
Because the peasantry has no right to question the body politic.

What's the problem...

There was accusations of Federal Crimes made against a school board members... It is the FBI duty to investigate...

What's the fuck the problem... They will find crimes and prosecute?

Do you believe criminals should be allowed committed crimes and get away it?

Note: There is no indication on that link that she is subject of an investigation...

Can you show me were the FBI investigation is focusing?

FBI investigates crimes, you want them to ignore crimes committed by people that could be in your tribe... You believe you are at war with the Blue tribe and that if the law is broken that is OK, we at war...

In Northern Ireland, one of the leaders of one side brother was fucking his daughter, they didn't investigate because they were at war and this would hurt there tribe...

This is you trying to justify crimes by pretending you have higher goals... That is crap..

And what did this woman do to consider herself a target?

Lifelong liberal? Sure. Give us a name so we can see her social media garbage.

I’m calling bullshit
Let me be clear those like you applaud the abuse by the AG and the Oval Office until your political party loses power and then you will scream when the same laws are used against those like you!

You guys never think about when your political party is out of power and just think in the damn moment!

The fact that a liberal here is saying that he feels conservatives “are at war” with them is the crux of the problem: that liberals have positioned those who disagree with the radical left agenda are enemies, domestic terrorists, criminals.

I watched the School Board meeting last night, and dissenters from the leftist agenda were indeed treated as criminals. The room was kept empty. The dissenters’ faces weren’t shown, so that it was a disembodied voice floating in an empty room. They were given a strict 60-second time limit to express their opinion, at which time their mic was cut off and they were stopped mid-sentence,

Now compare that to the REAL criminals of last summer’s BLM riots. Because they were furthering the liberal narrative, their criminal activities were downplayed and, in fact, Kamala Harris supported A bail fund to release thugs back into the street.

Or compare to Sinema, harassed by leftists while she was in the bathroom. Why aren’t those young thugs being investigated for being criminals?

Or what about when a dozen thugs threatened the life of Rand Paul and his wife? Why isn’t the FBI investigating them?

The answer to these questions is because leftists are allowed to riot, burn, and assault people, while conservatives better keep their mouths shut or Biden et all will sic the FBI on them.

The FBI by law only has jurisdiction over Federal crimes. Garland is exceeding his authority. If they bug you about school issues, take them to court or file a complaint with the local US Attorney.

Forum List

Back