Why are republicans so stupid when it comes to Food Stamps?

I am all for helping those who are poor, but the current system is broken. Give vouchers that must be used for certain foods only....milk, eggs, bread, milk, cheese, oatmeal, canned meats, fruit/veg, etc. You don't see too many food stamp users buying canned tuna.....just saying
Why do you favor forcing people to eat what you think is appropriate? Tuna is disgusting, as bad as Spam. You think because people are poor you can dictate to them what to eat, where to live, what to wear, how to live. :rolleyes:
Why do you favor forcing people to eat what you think is appropriate?
If someone is hungry, tuna is a t-bone

Can't be that hungry if you gotta force them to eat...
beggars can't be choosers
You people are so mean spirited. How do you expect to get into heaven when you are so mean spirited? How do you think Jesus fed the thousands? They shared. Jesus was a fucking communist.
You people are so mean spirited. How do you expect to get into heaven when you are so mean spirited? How do you think Jesus fed the thousands? They shared. Jesus was a fucking communist.
Thank you...they ate what was provided!

I am all for helping those who are poor, but the current system is broken. Give vouchers that must be used for certain foods only....milk, eggs, bread, milk, cheese, oatmeal, canned meats, fruit/veg, etc. You don't see too many food stamp users buying canned tuna.....just saying
Why do you favor forcing people to eat what you think is appropriate? Tuna is disgusting, as bad as Spam. You think because people are poor you can dictate to them what to eat, where to live, what to wear, how to live. :rolleyes:

Thank you...they ate what was provided!
And those that had shared with those that didn't. It's very common on this forum for rightwingers to totally miss the point. The point of food stamps is for the haves to share, via taxes, with the have nots. Not to dictate what the have nots are allowed.

Seriously: MEAN SPIRITED

Tuna is expensive, not that I would mind if food stamp people ate it. Hell, I love a good tuna fish sandwich. Mix that up with some Miracle Whip, some diced sweet pickles, a hard boiled egg, and put that on a bun with lots of lettuce. It's a real treat if you ask me.
I used to love tuna on toast!
After years of tuna on toast, in my lunch box....yuck

But, I'll tell ya what...
if I was hungry and that's what I had, I'd eat it!

It's funny. We have so many deer up here that we need to cull the herd every now and then. So the parks hire sharp shooters to take them down, and of course, the liberals scream bloody murder for killing such beautiful animals.

To placate them, they took the deer to butchers and had them carved up instead of just burying them somewhere, and donated the meat to the homeless shelters and food banks. Turned out to be a waste of money. The homeless and hungry refused to eat the venison. After the expense of processing the deer, they ended up throwing it all away.

And those that had shared with those that didn't. It's very common on this forum for rightwingers to totally miss the point. The point of food stamps is for the haves to share, via taxes, with the have nots. Not to dictate what the have nots are allowed.

If it's the haves who are providing the have nots, why shouldn't they be able to say how their money is spent?

Tuna is expensive, not that I would mind if food stamp people ate it. Hell, I love a good tuna fish sandwich. Mix that up with some Miracle Whip, some diced sweet pickles, a hard boiled egg, and put that on a bun with lots of lettuce. It's a real treat if you ask me.

It's funny. We have so many deer up here that we need to cull the herd every now and then. So the parks hire sharp shooters to take them down, and of course, the liberals scream bloody murder for killing such beautiful animals.

To placate them, they took the deer to butchers and had them carved up instead of just burying them somewhere, and donated the meat to the homeless shelters and food banks. Turned out to be a waste of money. The homeless and hungry refused to eat the venison. After the expense of processing the deer, they ended up throwing it all away.
Why did they throw it away? Why didn't they take it to a butcher shop or supermarket and have them sell it? Why wasn't it put in a freezer and sold later on?

If it's the haves who are providing the have nots, why shouldn't they be able to say how their money is spent?
Only within reason. Saying if you need food stamps you must be really hungry, so you will eat whatever I tell you to eat. Smells like slavery.

Why did they throw it away? Why didn't they take it to a butcher shop or supermarket and have them sell it? Why wasn't it put in a freezer and sold later on?

Probably because they left it there too long figuring somebody would eat it.

Only within reason. Saying if you need food stamps you must be really hungry, so you will eat whatever I tell you to eat. Smells like slavery.

How is that slavery? If you don't like what we provide, then buy your own food like everybody else. Slavery was never a choice.

How is that slavery? If you don't like what we provide, then buy your own food like everybody else. Slavery was never a choice.
And for a lot of people, hunger is not a choice--especially children.

If you're really hungry, you'll eat anything.

45% of food stamp benefits go to children....do you really hate innocent children that much? How very Victorian and MEAN SPIRITED.

Victorian-Street-Children.jpg

45% of food stamp benefits go to children....do you really hate innocent children that much? How very Victorian and MEAN SPIRITED.

So, then we feed them what we feel necessary. Nothing wrong with eating normal food instead of living on Pop Tarts. Where were you when Mooochelle instituted her school lunch program? Kids quit eating lunch. They brought candy bars to school instead.

So, then we feed them what we feel necessary. Nothing wrong with eating normal food instead of living on Pop Tarts. Where were you when Mooochelle instituted her school lunch program? Kids quit eating lunch. They brought candy bars to school instead.
Exactly. So you think if food stamps only allows what the government deems appropriate, and the kids don't eat it, they can just go hungry? One way to single them out from the rest of the population and tell them they are second class beings. One way to create eating disorders as well as psychological disorders. You don't treat people badly because they are poor. Especially not children.

Results and accountability aren't important to Progressives ... It's only the intent that counts.
They can demand you work to feed someone else who gives you nothing in return ... And then suggest you providing them with food is akin to slavery if they don't want what you give them.

Even if you want to help people ... You cannot fight nor change that kind of stupid ... :thup:

Last edited:
Yeah, blame Americans, rather than Companies, that's sure patriotic. LOL

How would American consumers know how cheap it was to buy overseas manufactured goods, if they didn't move their manufacturing to China, or else where?

A lot of times you don't even have a choice anymore on where you buy your goods, anyways.

Correct, and why is that? Because of supply and demand.

The point is the American consumer doesn't care where their products are made. Whoever sells the cheapest product is the top selling product of it's kind.

You can't produce cheap products by paying your floor sweeper $25.00 plus full benefits, or your tow motor driver $28.00 an hour, or your shipping clerk $30.00 an hour.

If you and I manufactured widgets, and you decided to overpay your workers and I didn't. I would put you out of business in a matter of time. Why? Because I pay less in labor, I can sell my widgets cheaper than yours, and eventually take away all your customers. This is what business has to face every day. That's the reasons for moving overseas and outsourcing.

Sure, that's nature, and nature sucks.
Why do Bears shit in the woods, and kill people? Because nature sucks.

That's why we need government to come in ,and put these scumbags behind bars who hire foreigners, be it by bringing in illegals for hire, or shipping out jobs for outsourcing.

Not only are they undermining our jobs, our wages, our livelihood, our tax base etc.

They're propping up a potential hostile China overseas, and a potential hostile Mexican fifth column at home.

This is becoming also a threat to national security.....

You can't lock people up for outsourcing......at least not in a free society. And Trump got elected to tackle some of the immigration problems we are having, so at least the process is going in the proper direction.

So who controls all this? The American consumer does. When we decide that good jobs and keeping jobs in America is what will guide us to product buying, the problem is then solved. But good luck doing that. We have more things to buy today than we had let's say 30 years ago. We have cell phones, internet, cable television, movie channels, video game systems, satellite radio........ We need to stretch our dollars further to have all this neat stuff.

What proper direction?
When I drive through Danbury CT about 60% of the people I see are Hispanic, when you drove through there 25 years ago, it was probably close to 0%.

Trump's done jack.

Arrests Of Undocumented Immigrants Climbing In North Texas

Number of immigrants caught at Mexican border plunges 40% under Trump

Reps. McCaul, Goodlatte: Better border security and immigration enforcement is on the way

Deportation orders up under Trump, fewer prevail in immigration court

You're not going to see overnight changes no matter who is in office, but think of what it would be like with Hil--Liar in charge.

Between Commie judges stopping our President on immigration issues and clogged courts to deport violators (yes, you need to have a court hearing with every deportation) I believe that Trump is doing a great job considering how tight his hands are tied.[/QUOTE

I think Hillary would have been another Merkel, in allowing millions of Islamic refugees in.

But, speaking of "Commies" why is it under Communism Eastern Europe had no immigrants, but now has quite a few that it's Capitalist?

As much as I detest Communism for it's stagnation of the economy, stagnation of Human life, and empowering tyrants.

I think even Communism is favorable over Capitalism when it comes to preserving a homogeneous society.

Not, that I'd support Communism, either.

But, rather Fascism, the fact that the elites hate Fascism tells us how good, and needed it must be.

Of course it is, Fascists wouldn't tolerate half this crap the elites are doing

Isn't there something wrong with this picture?

Foreigners bought in?

Americans will do any job if paid enough.

The problem is the sinister shyster Capitalists, who want to bust your balls just for extra cash by bringing in foreigners to work for less than you, because they don't want to pay you more.

If Americans would get off their dead asses and work, there would be no need for them to bring in foreigners. Some of the jobs may not pay great, but you can make a living off of them. The problem is not greedy company owners, the problem is they are competing with our federal and state government for employees. If welfare pays more or close to working, why work?

Cash value of welfare spending to households in poverty greater than median household income

HUD's New 'Fair Housing' Rule Establishes Diversity Data for Every Neighborhood in U.S.

Census: Americans in ‘Poverty’ Typically Have Cell Phones, Computers, TVs, VCRS, AC, Washers, Dryers and Microwaves

Study: NY Welfare Recipients Eligible For More In Benefits Than Teachers Earn - Breitbart

Well, in functional societies they raise wages when they have trouble filling positions, in dysfunctional societies when they have trouble filing positions they lower wages by bringing in foreigners.

Can you guess which society we are in the U.S?

True. I've been against immigration for many years now because of it. But it's a double edged sword. On one side you have foreigners keeping down wages, and on the other you have government keeping workers out of the workforce. The two need to be addressed severely. We need to cut down on social goodies and quit bringing in people to disrupt the supply and demand process of employment.

Well, subsidizing wages without work, to keep people idle is ridiculous.
But, it's also ridiculous to have people dying from no food in a modern society.

The problem is like with anything else government--it all boils down to politics.

Democrats want to create as many government dependents as possible. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters. Republican led states have shown us these programs were not necessary for a lot of people. So it's a fight between two parties: one that wants people on the dole, and the other that wants people off of it.

So the foundation of the debate is who needs it and who doesn't. You won't find many Republicans who don't want to help the "truly" needy, but you also find Democrats who want to help anybody that asks for it whether they need it or not.

I don't like either party.
In Europe most of the right-Wingers are still for National Healthcare, they just are far more socially Right-Wing than Republicans, being far more anti-Abortion, and far more anti-Immigration than Republicans.
Especially in Poland, and Hungary.

Republicans really goofed up, though.

They could have fought Roe vs Wade, and could have fought Affirmative Action, they could have fought immigration.

Instead overwhelmingly the Republicans in power caved in on Abortion, and Multiculturalism.

Rather than resisting Democrats, many Republicans in power have sealed their fate, and ultimately the fate of the culture of this country.

Under Stalinism 100's of millions were virtual Communist slaves.
Stalin's government sent many people to work where he needed it, and if you missed work, it was time for the Gulag which was even worse slavery.

Rather than resisting Democrats, many Republicans in power have sealed their fate, and ultimately the fate of the culture of this country.

They went to required sensitivity training in order to keep their jobs.

Once you successfully institutionalize acceptable responses ... Then any appearance of resistance is merely lip service.
It is easier for one half of the country or the other to believe "their party" is standing for them ... As long as they can blame the other half and its party for their own failures.

Basically ... You can have two parties that end up doing the same things in the long run ... But you still have someone else to blame for all the crap you screwed up or didn't do.

Forum List

Back