Why are schools failing, here's why.

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Near Magnolia, TX
Kids, Parents Losing Respect For Teachers

A new Harris poll says only 31% of kids actually respect their teachers today. That’s down from 79%. Etiquette expert Colleen Rickenbacker isn't surprised at all.

snip

And what's worse only 49% of parents respect teachers according to the poll. That number is down from 91%.

This is what the liberal agenda has done to our schools, remove discipline, kids lose respect and you remove effectiveness in the class room. This poll was conducted in the Houston Independent School District but I guarantee the same attitudes would be similar in every major city in the country.

Elections do indeed have consequences, we keep electing commies to run our schools we will continue to produce idiots.

A new Harris poll says only 31% of kids actually respect their teachers today. That’s down from 79%. Etiquette expert Colleen Rickenbacker isn't surprised at all.

snip

And what's worse only 49% of parents respect teachers according to the poll. That number is down from 91%.

This is what the liberal agenda has done to our schools, remove discipline, kids lose respect and you remove effectiveness in the class room. This poll was conducted in the Houston Independent School District but I guarantee the same attitudes would be similar in every major city in the country.

Elections do indeed have consequences, we keep electing commies to run our schools we will continue to produce idiots.
You think it's only in the major cities?

snip

Indeed. I go to a rather nice public school in suburban Chicago(Indiana side), and many kids there are disrespectful and lazy. It is very, very easy to be in the top 10% at the school. With the exception of a few hard classes like English, AP US History, and AP Chem, you pretty much can get an A by studying before the test, doing your homework, and using Quizlet. Many students just don't care and refuse to do anything. The situation is far, far worse in Chicago Public schools and Gary Public schools, but the suburban schools are not immune.

snip

Yep because in the small towns parents are more proactive in their children's education and most of the parents hold teachers in much higher esteem and that attitude is instilled in the kids.

Houston like most major cities have a majority minority population where parents themselves were never taught the value of education and just send the kids to schools to get them fed and out of the house. Are there some exceptions, yep but they are rare.

snip

Yep because in the small towns parents are more proactive in their children's education and most of the parents hold teachers in much higher esteem and that attitude is instilled in the kids.

Houston like most major cities have a majority minority population where parents themselves were never taught the value of education and just send the kids to schools to get them fed and out of the house. Are there some exceptions, yep but they are rare.
So, why do smaller towns, schools still have problems with students graduating and/or being good enough to get into colleges?

So, why do smaller towns, schools still have problems with students graduating and/or being good enough to get into colleges?

So what are you saying, that there are exceptions to every rule, I'll grant that. Now do you have a real point to make?

How did these commie bastard educators create so many idiotic right wingers?

Define irony: "Why are schools failing, here's why."

Last edited:
Pop Quiz:

There was a time when a conservative was the smartest person in the room. These days, a person who self-identifies as a conservative is likely to be the stupidest, most gullible person in the room. How did the commie bastards achieve this?

A. Integration of our schools.
B. Fluoride in the water.
C. Because Obama!
D. All of the above.

Last edited:

snip

Yeah, because the extremists on the right respect teachers so much.

snip

LOL, Houston's population is not representative of the nations population. I suspect Houston parents have been subjected to the conservative rhetoric to a much greater degree than much of our country; and that rhetoric blames the schools and teachers, Hollywood and music and not the parents for Jr's failures.

BTW, what is the "liberal agenda" of which you right?

Pop Quiz:

There was a time when a conservative was the smartest person in the room. These days, a person who self-identifies as a conservative is likely to be the stupidest, most gullible person in the room. How did the commie bastards achieve this?

C. Because Obama!
D. All of the above.

Wrong.
The Audacious Epigone: Politics and IQ; Conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans least intelligent

The average conservative is smarter than the average liberal, albeit slightly. Conservative Republicans are hardly the dullest knives in the drawer.

Well it cuts both ways on idiots. Yesterday, I heard this broadcast. Ms. Burnett started out blaming racisim as the no.1 reason why Miss remains first in poverty, yet then the statistic that over 75% of households in poverty and single mom households. I'm not sure why some whites hating blacks causes black males to lack responsibility, or what causes white males to behave like savages too.

Women And Children Most At Risk In Mississippi | Here & Now

snip

Teachers used to be professionals, one of the few educated people in the community. With the rise of universal education their positions as the intellectuals in a community were destined to take some type of hit.

The transition from professionals to unionized employees further increased this decline in prestige. They went from educated elites to line employees.

The final straw is indeed due to parents not being as interested in their child's education, as well as the notion in urban areas that schools are a giant babysitter service.

Pop Quiz:

C. Because Obama!
D. All of the above.

Wrong.
The Audacious Epigone: Politics and IQ; Conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans least intelligent

The average conservative is smarter than the average liberal, albeit slightly. Conservative Republicans are hardly the dullest knives in the drawer.

They're hardly the sharpest, and if one considers the self defined conservatives who post on this message board, many wouldn't be able to cut soft butter. Notice I wrote "self defined" conservative for most who claim that banner have not a clue what it means in political terms.

Being, militaristic, homophobic, intolerant of diversity in our population (in terms of race, ethnicity, creed, region) and uber nationalistic is more akin to Fascism than to Conservatism.

Last edited:

snip

This is almost entirely the fault of the Right's long campaign to scapegoat and demonize teachers.

snip

LOL, Houston's population is not representative of the nations population. I suspect Houston parents have been subjected to the conservative rhetoric to a much greater degree than much of our country; and that rhetoric blames the schools and teachers, Hollywood and music and not the parents for Jr's failures.

BTW, what is the "liberal agenda" of which you right?

No the parents of Houston are subjected to the same victim-hood message that you find in any major US city, they are represented by commies like Shelia (I never met a dead person I didn't like) jackass Lee and if you read the link you would know only 49% of parents had any respect for teachers. Liberals have gotten discipline removed from schools in favor of the criminal justice system and the inner city culture teaches kids that it worth killing for sneakers. But it all started with liberals removing discipline from schools more than 40 years ago.

Well it cuts both ways on idiots. Yesterday, I heard this broadcast. Ms. Burnett started out blaming racisim as the no.1 reason why Miss remains first in poverty, yet then the statistic that over 75% of households in poverty and single mom households. I'm not sure why some whites hating blacks causes black males to lack responsibility, or what causes white males to behave like savages too.

Women And Children Most At Risk In Mississippi | Here & Now

Racism is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Forum List

Back