Why are we so easily offended?

1. We cannot assume gender. I had young people (teens and early 20s) tell me that they ask new people they meet what gender they prefer before addressing them. New normal? Weird
  2. Statues and Dixie are offensive? When will the word "South" become offensive?
  3. American Flag and the Anthem are offensive. Why? I have been to 100s of games and ALWAYS before the anthem is played the PA says "please rise to honor those who served". How is it racist to honor those who served?
  4. Saying anything positive about our police officers on social media is now offensive? Why? Because some (very few) are bad? That doesn't make much sense considering that the vast majority are great people who risk their lives to protect us. Why can I not support our local police force without people becoming offended?
  5. Since when is silence violence? And it is also violence when someone has a disparate opinion from the "Woke" crowd? Why??

Let's see how many responses mention "Trump" in them when this has nothing to do with Trump.

1) Why do you care what someone identifies as? It doesn't affect you, it's not something you should worry about.
2) These statues and figures were always offensive. They were traitors for crying out loud.
3) Once again, you fail to grasp that it's not about disrespect. It's about unequal treatment under that same flag. I'm assuming you're white so you don't have to experience that side of the unequal treatment. Not everyone gets that luxury.
4) Police have been allowed a lot of leniency and deferential treatment over the years. Before George Floyd (which was just the tipping point), the bad apples usually got a slap on the wrist and right back out on the streets to continue their bad behavior. Can you see why people might be upset? You and I wouldn't be allowed to get away with that kind of behavior.
5) I'll use the phrase Silence is Condoning. You can of course have whatever opinion you'd like. But can you honestly watch that George Floyd video from the beginning and not say, "How can one human being do this to another?". By silence, you are giving tacit permission for the behavior to continue.
Lincoln and Grant and black union soldiers were traitors?
Who knew?

1. We cannot assume gender. I had young people (teens and early 20s) tell me that they ask new people they meet what gender they prefer before addressing them. New normal? Weird
  2. Statues and Dixie are offensive? When will the word "South" become offensive?
  3. American Flag and the Anthem are offensive. Why? I have been to 100s of games and ALWAYS before the anthem is played the PA says "please rise to honor those who served". How is it racist to honor those who served?
  4. Saying anything positive about our police officers on social media is now offensive? Why? Because some (very few) are bad? That doesn't make much sense considering that the vast majority are great people who risk their lives to protect us. Why can I not support our local police force without people becoming offended?
  5. Since when is silence violence? And it is also violence when someone has a disparate opinion from the "Woke" crowd? Why??

Let's see how many responses mention "Trump" in them when this has nothing to do with Trump.

1) Why do you care what someone identifies as? It doesn't affect you, it's not something you should worry about.
2) These statues and figures were always offensive. They were traitors for crying out loud.
3) Once again, you fail to grasp that it's not about disrespect. It's about unequal treatment under that same flag. I'm assuming you're white so you don't have to experience that side of the unequal treatment. Not everyone gets that luxury.
4) Police have been allowed a lot of leniency and deferential treatment over the years. Before George Floyd (which was just the tipping point), the bad apples usually got a slap on the wrist and right back out on the streets to continue their bad behavior. Can you see why people might be upset? You and I wouldn't be allowed to get away with that kind of behavior.
5) I'll use the phrase Silence is Condoning. You can of course have whatever opinion you'd like. But can you honestly watch that George Floyd video from the beginning and not say, "How can one human being do this to another?". By silence, you are giving tacit permission for the behavior to continue.

1) When someone gets pissy because I called them the wrong pronoun, it affects me.
2) George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were traitors?
3) No matter what the protester thinks it means, they can't dictate how people perceive it.
4) So making their job impossible, making there be less of them, and ALSO gutting a person's RKBA at the same time is the solution?
5) Some people just refuse to give sound bite responses expected by SJW losers like you. Your side then uses that as a "victory moment" and then ask for something even more retarded.

I hope you enjoyed your fisking, you SJW wuss.

For the record, George Washington and the other Founders WERE, technically speaking, traitors. Had they lost the war, that's exactly what the British would have hanged them for. That's kinda what "revolution" means.

Only losers are traitors, and only if the the winning side holds them as such.

Well, yeah, because the winners get to write the history books.

I'm not saying I disagree with what they did. I'm pointing out that things are never as simple and (you should pardon the expression) black-and-white as leftists want it to be.

By getting people to repeat things such as is mentioned in the OP, they hope to get people to think about their actions. I wouldn't take them too literally, but if you are asking, it shows you are already thinking about your behavior. Whether critically enough, is up for debate.

Nope. Nothing listed in the OP is "making me think about my behavior". All I'm thinking is that a bunch of arrogant assholes have too much time on their hands.

If you are defending it, you are thinking about it.

By getting people to repeat things such as is mentioned in the OP, they hope to get people to think about their actions. I wouldn't take them too literally, but if you are asking, it shows you are already thinking about your behavior. Whether critically enough, is up for debate.

Nope. Nothing listed in the OP is "making me think about my behavior". All I'm thinking is that a bunch of arrogant assholes have too much time on their hands.

If you are defending it, you are thinking about it.

I'm defending nothing. Defending it would require me to recognize your right to judge me, and I don't.

I continue to think only that arrogant assholes have too much time on their hands. And yeah, that would include you.

Many. Because the Lefties can't take a good ass whipping. They got their candy asses handed to them in 2016. And Trump BRAGGED about it. The Lefties just HAD to get him. No matter what the cost to the Country.

Because we have become a nation of entitled snowflakes.

I see lots of things I don’t like that’s life I learn to deal with it or ignore it. I don’t like seeing people walk around with there shorts or pants hanging halfway down their ass but I’m not going to start a protest over it or try and get it banned. If a person wants to walk around looking like an idiot so be it.

There are those who are legitimately offended and those who look for issues to “offend” them. The problem is deciphering the former from the latter...

No one is trying to stop people from saying black lives matter, all the butt hurt happens when someone responds all lives matter, or blue lives matter.
As long as Affirmative Action discrimination continues to run rampant, it is at least as valid to say White Lives Matter, as much as anything else.

No one is trying to stop people from saying black lives matter, all the butt hurt happens when someone responds all lives matter, or blue lives matter.
As long as Affirmative Action discrimination continues to run rampant, it is at least as valid to say White Lives Matter, as much as anything else.

I feel no need to say that, as unfortunately, people will see it as a WP thing no matter how you try to spin it.

One has to remember your intent is one thing, how people read your intentions is another, and often beyond your control.

That was Colin Kapernick's mistake.

Why are we so easily offended?

You have a whole generation of people who were raised without being spanked and were told that they don't have to hear or see that make them uncomfortable.

I for one was never spanked, however my mother was a zen master at keeping up a yelling session for hours on end.

Always afterwards, when you weren't in public. If we fucked up we just got a look and knew we were in for an evening of hell

But like you alluded to kids these days and probably for the past 15 years or so don't even get that.

There are so many strawmen built on this board that you could feed a large cow or a small Donald Trump.

Being offended is putting someone else in charge of how you feel
They really don’t have that power

Forum List

Back