Why Aren't Millions of Americans Going to Cuba for Healthcare?

How will the gov stop you?

The same way Big Brother stops you from driving too fast or bribing foreign officials.

Its against the law.

LOL....
I can get on a plane here in Houston land in Mexico and head to Cuba,you just have to tell them you dont want your passport stamped.

Sure- you can break the law to go to Cuba to get healthcare if you want to.

Just like you can drive your car 90 miles an hour on the freeway.

Neither is legal.

I'll pass.
I like my Doc.
Another good reason not to go to Cuba for medical care.

That and Big Brother government telling Americans that you can't do that.

upload_2017-6-20_18-52-52.png

For years the left touted the Cuban healthcare system as being superior. Yet a year after Obama allowed Americans to travel there airlines cancelled flights because the planes were always empty.

A) Because it is illegal for Americans to go to Cuba for healthcare. and
B) Because most Americans prefer to get their care near home even when it might bankrupt them.

And, they DO go to other countries.

OP - Google medical tourism.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
And 3 of them go to Cuba.

OP is correct, the left avoid Cuba's healthcare system like the plague.
No pun intended.

I am one of those human beings who has read history- and has read the stories of insurance companies- and others ripping Americans off until the industries were regulated, and laws put in place to give consumers protections.
And yet Obama and his minions handed insurance companies a monopoly that they only dreamed of having ten years ago.

For years the left touted the Cuban healthcare system as being superior. Yet a year after Obama allowed Americans to travel there airlines cancelled flights because the planes were always empty.

B) Because most Americans prefer to get their care near home even when it might bankrupt them.

No pun intended.

No Americans go to Cuba for healthcare- because as I have pointed out to you multiple times- its illegal for Americans to go to Cuba for healthcare- because the Land of the Free tells Americans we can't do that.

I don't avoid Cuba's healthcare system- anymore than I avoid Switzerland's healthcare system.

I am one of those human beings who has read history- and has read the stories of insurance companies- and others ripping Americans off until the industries were regulated, and laws put in place to give consumers protections.
And yet Obama and his minions handed insurance companies a monopoly that they only dreamed of having ten years ago.
A monopoly?

LOL

Wierdest monopoly every- when any insurance company could compete.

Yea for werid mental shit like getting their leg cut off and it was perfectly healthy.

Bizarre - People Who Want Healthy Arms And Legs Removed

Yea for werid mental shit like getting their leg cut off and it was perfectly healthy.

Bizarre - People Who Want Healthy Arms And Legs Removed

Mostly for dental care- and things like hip and other joint replacements.

1.5 million Americans a year.

A monopoly?

LOL

Compete? Most States have one provider.

A monopoly?

LOL

Compete? Most States have one provider.

Nothing prevents any company from competing within the states- how is it a monopoly when you have multiple companies who can do business- but only one chooses to do business?

5 states currently only have 1 provider- 45 states have more than 1- your math is as bad as your understanding of Americn law.
Single Provider: 5 States Will Have Only 1 Obamacare Insurance Provider

And in the spirit of 'less government regulation' Trump has further restricted the ability of Americans to choose to travel to Cuba- and of course going to Cuba for medical treatment is still illegal

Limitations on Individual Travel to Cuba

The President instructed the Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to issue regulations that will end individual "people-to-people" travel, which is educational travel that does not involve academic study pursuant to a degree program and does not take place under the auspices of an organization that is subject to US jurisdiction that sponsors such exchanges to promote people-to-people contact.

Under the Obama administration, individual people-to-people travel was permitted provided the individuals ensured that they met the conditions of the OFAC general license for people-to-people travel to Cuba. Now, individual people-to-people travel will end and instead, only group people-to-people travel will continue to be authorized.

Group people-to-people travel is educational travel not involving academic study pursuant to a degree program that takes place under the auspices of an organization that is subject to US jurisdiction that sponsors such exchanges to promote people-to-people contact.

Travelers utilizing the group people-to-people travel authorization will be required to maintain a full-time schedule of educational exchange activities that are intended to enhance contact with the Cuban people, support civil society in Cuba, or promote the Cuban people's independence from Cuban authorities, and that will result in meaningful interaction between the traveler and those in Cuba. An employee, consultant, or agent of the group must accompany each group to ensure that each traveler maintains a full-time schedule of educational exchange activities.

The revocation of the individual people to people authorization addresses concerns that the requirements of the authorization were not being followed resulting in individuals engaging in prohibited general tourist travel. The Administration's policy statement frames the revision in part as enhancing compliance with US law.

This new policy will not result in changes to any of the other (non-individual people-to- people) authorizations for travel

Yeah, even ole Michael Moore wouldn't choose Cuba over the US if he needed treatment for a serious illness. So what does that make him? I'll let folks answer that themselves.

A person who wouldn't choose to go to a third world country for medical treatment?

Or a person who doesn't want to break the law?

Moore's a Bullshite Artist. He would choose US healthcare over Cuba healthcare every time. If his life depended on it, who do you think he would choose to save it?
Frankly given who Moore is- he might just choose Cuba.

I wouldn't.

Not because Cuba is a communist country- but because it is still a third world country- just a third world country with better than average healthcare.

That said- thousands and thousands of Americans go to Mexico every year for health treatment because it is cheaper there. If they could go to Cuba for even less, they would likely do that. Cuba's healthcare system is at least as good as Mexicos.

Go with US healthcare. It is by far the most advanced and effective in the world. And don't kid yourself, if Moore's life depended on it, he would choose US healthcare over Cuba's. He's a shallow Bullshit Artist. Nothing more, nothing less.
So he is like Alex Jones?

Perhaps.

As the article I posted earlier shows 1.5 million Americans a year go abroad for medical treatment. My own parents have gone to Mexico for dental treatment because it was a bargain. A hip replacement in Europe can be 1/3 the cost of one in the United States- with excellent care.

The OP topic is Cuba. And you can bet if Michael Moore's life depended on it, he would choose US healthcare. And i'm pretty sure you would too. So let's stop comparing the two nations' healthcare systems. There is no valid comparison.

A person who wouldn't choose to go to a third world country for medical treatment?

Or a person who doesn't want to break the law?

Moore's a Bullshite Artist. He would choose US healthcare over Cuba healthcare every time. If his life depended on it, who do you think he would choose to save it?

I wouldn't.

Not because Cuba is a communist country- but because it is still a third world country- just a third world country with better than average healthcare.

That said- thousands and thousands of Americans go to Mexico every year for health treatment because it is cheaper there. If they could go to Cuba for even less, they would likely do that. Cuba's healthcare system is at least as good as Mexicos.

Go with US healthcare. It is by far the most advanced and effective in the world. And don't kid yourself, if Moore's life depended on it, he would choose US healthcare over Cuba's. He's a shallow Bullshit Artist. Nothing more, nothing less.

Perhaps.

As the article I posted earlier shows 1.5 million Americans a year go abroad for medical treatment. My own parents have gone to Mexico for dental treatment because it was a bargain. A hip replacement in Europe can be 1/3 the cost of one in the United States- with excellent care.

The OP topic is Cuba. And you can bet if Michael Moore's life depended on it, he would choose US healthcare. And i'm pretty sure you would too. So let's stop comparing the two nations' healthcare systems. There is no valid comparison.
LOL

The OP topic is Americans going to Cuba for healthcare- which is illegal- and the OP didn't even know that.

Why you want to bring Michael Moore into this thread- I have no clue- he is as much of a clown as Alex Jones.

I wouldn't.

Perhaps.

LOL

The OP topic is Americans going to Cuba for healthcare- which is illegal- and the OP didn't even know that.

Why you want to bring Michael Moore into this thread- I have no clue- he is as much of a clown as Alex Jones.

I think it's fair to say we agree that there is no valid comparison between US healthcare and Cuban healthcare. So we can go ahead and put Michael Moore's Bullshit Artist nonsense to bed. Movin on...

LOL

Liar.
Uncle Joe’s State Department:
Medical care in Cuba typically does not meet U.S. standards. While medical professionals are generally competent, many health facilities face shortages of medical supplies and bed space. Many medications are unavailable, so travelers to Cuba should plan to bring any prescribed medicines and over-the-counter remedies in their original containers and in amounts commensurate with personal use in the event of delays to return travel. All personal items are subject to scrutiny by customs officials, so a copy of a prescription and a letter from a prescribing physician explaining the need for prescription drugs may facilitate entry.

Cuba requires visitors to have non-U.S. medical insurance, which is usually included in airline ticket prices on flights originating in the United States or can be purchased at the airport upon arrival to Cuba. Ensure you have the necessary insurance coverage prior to arrival and keep your boarding pass. You will need it to obtain medical care.

No pun intended.

Once again you prove your abject stupidity and ignorance. Every day in every way your prove yourself a total fool

They don't go to Cuba for the same reason they don't go to Canada, or France or Great Britain for health care. The rest of the world doesn't sell their health care to foreigners. Our health care is funded by our tax payers, and only citizens are allowed to use it. This the rule in every country in the world except the USA where taxpayer funded health care is sold to the world for profit, while your own people are turned away.

Other countries use their health care systems to take care of their people. The American health care system is set up to profit the providers.

Once again you prove your abject stupidity and ignorance. Every day in every way your prove yourself a total fool

They don't go to Cuba for the same reason they don't go to Canada, or France or Great Britain for health care. The rest of the world doesn't sell their health care to foreigners. Our health care is funded by our tax payers, and only citizens are allowed to use it. This the rule in every country in the world except the USA where taxpayer funded health care is sold to the world for profit, while your own people are turned away.

Other countries use their health care systems to take care of their people. The American health care system is set up to profit the providers.
Pathological liar.
Crazy Uncle Joe’s State Department:

“Cuba requires visitors to have non-U.S. medical insurance, which is usually included in airline ticket prices on flights originating in the United States or can be purchased at the airport upon arrival to Cuba. Ensure you have the necessary insurance coverage prior to arrival and keep your boarding pass. You will need it to obtain medical care.”

Pathological liar.
Crazy Uncle Joe’s State Department:

“Cuba requires visitors to have non-U.S. medical insurance, which is usually included in airline ticket prices on flights originating in the United States or can be purchased at the airport upon arrival to Cuba. Ensure you have the necessary insurance coverage prior to arrival and keep your boarding pass. You will need it to obtain medical care.”

Yes, as a visa requirement, dolt. I don't travel anywhere outside of Canada without it. Especially going skiing or diving in a foreign country. All countries require this because their taxpayer dollars are not going to pay for your treatment if you have a medical emergency in that country. One of my friends had a heart attack while in Florida. His out of country insurance paid his US medical bill to stabilize him, and then flew him home to Canada for treatment.

You fools are always making much out of how many Canadians go to the US for treatment but in reality, nearly all of the Canadians being treated in the US, are people there on business or vacation who happened to need medical treatment. Like my neighbour who broke her ankle skiing.

You can go to other countries for cosmetic surgery. I have relatives who have gone abroad for cosmetic surgeries. But you can't come to Canada for cancer treatment. Like my friend, if you have a heart attack while here, we'll look after your emergency care, but you can't come here to be treated.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back