Why can't people just be honest about religion?

Atheism is conscious and willful choice to reject God and belief in God.

No sir it is not. Atheism is simply a disbelief in the supernatural. We aren't born believing in the supernatural. We are indoctrinated to believe it.

Atheism is conscious and willful choice to reject God.

On the contrary, religion is a conscious choice to delude oneself into believing the impossible. Atheism is acceptance of reality for what it is.
No sir, it is not. Any lower life form can live life without the intellectual capacity to consider a Deity.

Intellect and rational thought questions existence and formulates speculation on possibilities.

Atheism is simply not a rational response to life.

Considering the facts and the probabilities, Atheism is the ONLY reasonable response to life.
Again, this is akin to an ape telling Me that Bach is just a bunch of noise. Have a nice day.

No sir it is not. Atheism is simply a disbelief in the supernatural. We aren't born believing in the supernatural. We are indoctrinated to believe it.

On the contrary, religion is a conscious choice to delude oneself into believing the impossible. Atheism is acceptance of reality for what it is.
No sir, it is not. Any lower life form can live life without the intellectual capacity to consider a Deity.

Intellect and rational thought questions existence and formulates speculation on possibilities.

Considering the facts and the probabilities, Atheism is the ONLY reasonable response to life.
Again, this is akin to an ape telling Me that Bach is just a bunch of noise. Have a nice day.
Lol. Hahaha. True.

You have that confused. Atheism is the entirely rational conclusion that the various gawds you have been indoctrinated with do not exist.
In fact, I don't. But then, I also do go about claiming that primates are rational either. It takes no intelligence at all to think there is no God.
You seem confused about some argument you're hoping to make, just unable to make it.

Specifically, it takes no intelligence to think there are gawds. Like the vast majority of people, you just accepted belief in the gawds you were given and never made a conscious effort to examine the dogma.

Atheism is lose

Atheism is the default position. As such, there is nothing to lose.

Reality proves God. Now what you going to do?

Point and laugh at the fundie zealot.

Enjoy it now because you are not going to be laughing in Hell.

Not everyone likes Bach. Do you consider those who don't to be apes? Oh wait, they are. We all are. Man is an anthropoid ape. You have a nice day too.

"Reality proves God". Gee how original, or not. And wrong. By every measure science makes wrt to the reality of this world, we see no evidence for the supernatural. Non whatsoever. Even the word is an oxymoron. There is no such thing as the supernatural. If is exists, it is a part of this universe. But since there is no evidence for what has been coined "supernatural", it is ludicrous to subscribe to such drivel.

Enjoy it now because you are not going to be laughing in Hell.

There is no heaven or hell.

"Reality proves God". Gee how original, or not. And wrong. By every measure science makes wrt to the reality of this world, we see no evidence for the supernatural. Non whatsoever. Even the word is an oxymoron. There is no such thing as the supernatural. If is exists, it is a part of this universe. But since there is no evidence for what has been coined "supernatural", it is ludicrous to subscribe to such drivel.

I see you are an 'objective' thinker--are you a subjective one as well? Love, beauty, and ideas lie more in the subjective realm. It is from the subjective realm and It contains the thought (reality?) that if we can imagine a being greater than ourselves, such a being must exist. If we can imagine perfection, such perfection must exist.

We humans live in a physical world that is born, lives, decays, and dies. It contains "imperfections." We are able to judge ourselves as being less than perfect. When, objectively, the facts are before us that both the universe and ourselves are imperfect, where does this idea of striving for perfection, that there is someone greater than us arise?

Could it be the mind is in tune with these realities of someone greater, someone perfect, even though such does not exist in the objective world? Is that why we strive after perfection and to know the Being who is greater than we are?

Christians just can't admit that their religion makes zero sense. They literally worship a Jewish zombie who was his own father and had to kill himself to forgive us for our furthest ancestors eating a piece of fruit he knew they would eat when he made them. Muslims just can't admit that the Qur'an really does, no shit, teach terrorism and domestic violence. It's not even debatable; just read it for yourself. Jews just can't admit that their religion is more or less the foundation stone of modern Western bigotry. The West didn't really even have ideas like total genocidal war, blood purity, or a master race until the Old Testament was translated into their languages. Neopagans just can't accept that their religions are basically just shallow rip-offs of actual pagan religions combined with Jungian psychoanalysis and capitalism. Btw, Native peoples would really like you people in particular to stop selling their culture. I could go on, but I think this small list suffices for now to prove that, not only is there no true religion, there's not even one worth following. Atheism is the only moral position.

Somehow this bothers you or effects you in some mysterious way. I submit you are one of those who knows everything about everything and has taken it upon himself to straighten everyone else out. LOL!!

Atheism is not a 'moral' position, it is simply not holding a theistic belief in a god. It would help if people understood that not holding a belief in a god is just that.

Atheism is lose

No. Atheism is not holding a belief in a god. Most atheists still believe in a spiritual force and can believe whatever they want to believe, so long as it isn't a god. Some Atheists are Buddhist for example and still follow a religion.

Atheism is not a 'moral' position, it is simply not holding a theistic belief in a god. It would help if people understood that not holding a belief in a god is just that.

Atheism is lose

Not always. If you are brought up without god, hold no interest in a god, and value individualism above collectivism you can quite easily end up an atheist.

I do reject god/s and religion because of the 'teachings', which look awfully like they were written by early man - not given by divine inspiration, and the followers (who can be as dangerous as any other ideological group).

Atheism is lose

Not always. If you are brought up without god, hold no interest in a god, and value individualism above collectivism you can quite easily end up an atheist.

I do reject god/s and religion because of the 'teachings', which look awfully like they were written by early man - not given by divine inspiration, and the followers (who can be as dangerous as any other ideological group).

And just how is what you believe supposed to matter to everyone or anyone?

It matters enough to get you fundies into a froth.

Hardly in a froth Dear. It simply amazes me how all atheists believe everyone hangs on their every word. Self-glorification at its finest.

Atheism is lose

No. Atheism is not holding a belief in a god. Most atheists still believe in a spiritual force and can believe whatever they want to believe, so long as it isn't a god. Some Atheists are Buddhist for example and still follow a religion.

Being an atheist myself, and knowing quite a few atheists, I know of none who hold to supernatural beliefs. Not a one I can think of. I don't subscribe to the notion that Buddhists are atheists. Yes, I am quite aware that many don't believe in god. That does not make them atheists.

Hardly in a froth Dear. It simply amazes me how all atheists believe everyone hangs on their every word. Self-glorification at its finest.

We responds to questions, and that makes us self-glorifiers? In what universe?

You obviously missed it but the nob-believers in your particular, partisan gawds and religions are trying to get you fundies to compose a coherent argument in favor of the gawds you were given.

Self-deceit at its finest coming from you hyper-religious types.

You obviously seem intent to make a fuss about your own beliefs.

Forum List

Back