Why did Bush lie about Saddam being connected to 9/11?

GED thesis aside. Why did so many people buy the WMD crap when it was never proven Sadam was a threat? With no ties to Al Queda or 9/11? It boggles my mind, why did we invade and destabilize the area? For What? Now we have ISIS-ISIL and a pansy of a president that can't deal with reality now. WOOPEEE DOOO.

Still not as important as deciding what we do now.

This thread isn't about NOW - it's about having factual history.

No it's not. It's about discussing anything except the failures of our current President. It's about misdirection, it's about attempting to make everyone talk about or defend Bush. Anything, just so long as it isn't Obama's shortcomings and failures we're discussing...

According to you acolytes, nothing has been his fault... Either that or President Obama, The Smartest President EVER, just didn't know...

IRS targeting conservative groups? Didn't know...

Listening to the phone calls of foreign leaders? Didn't know...

Campaigned on fixing the VA? Didn't know, didn't bother...

Not enough security in Benghazi? No one told him...

It wasn't a videotape that caused the Benghazi attack? He had no idea...

The Obamacare website crashed? Wasn't ready? He was clueless...

That Obamacare would cause people to lose their doctor or their health insurance? Well, he just flat out lied about that one...

Spying on the Associated Press? News to him...

Fast and Furious? He didn't know about it until he saw reports in the news...

The list goes on, but we are left with only two conclusions...

The President truly has been oblivious, or, the president isn't being honest with us...

If he, arguably the most powerful man on the planet, has been oblivious to what's been going on around him, well, that's troublesome... How accountable can those working in and for the largest government in the world be if the elected person to whom they answer is in the dark about what they do?

On the other hand...

What if the president knew, despite his statements to the contrary? What if he knew about all of it? What's that mean for a nation of laws?

He's either ignorant or lacks integrity...

You know, when Obama was elected I didn't look for him to fail, just the opposite. This country needed a President that would unite the people and restore some of our international luster.

Maybe next time...

You know, the man has been in office for six years, for six years every misstep, every scandal, every event with a negative outcome has been the fault of someone else. At what point does this become the Obama Presidency? At what point is the responsibility his?

Obama s Staggering Record of Failure Commentary Magazine

I consider this to be Bush's biggest lie about Iraq and Saddam.

Rightwingers like to distract from the event that Bush tried to link Saddam to - 9/11. Even the dumbest of rightwingers should now be convinced that Saddam HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11. However, if any of them still think so - please provide credible proof.

I heard and saw Bush live on TV when he first tried to make this link. If there are any doubters - just Google "bush links saddam to 9/11"...
Bush never said Saddaam was responsible for 9/11.

GED thesis aside. Why did so many people buy the WMD crap when it was never proven Sadam was a threat? With no ties to Al Queda or 9/11? It boggles my mind, why did we invade and destabilize the area? For What? Now we have ISIS-ISIL and a pansy of a president that can't deal with reality now. WOOPEEE DOOO.

You have a short memory, a selective memory, were too young to remember the time in question or you were ignorant then and remain so on the same issue and set of related issues.

Saddam boasted to the WORLD, and especially to his neighbors, the dreaded Iranians with whom Iraq had just concluded a bloody ten year war which killed more than a million on both sides, that Iraq was packin' WMD's.

Saddam was adamant about protecting his country from further attack from iran.

So that was the best strategy for Saddam to keep Iran on THEIR side of the border.

To fake Iran out.

To make them believe Iraq had WMD's they could and would use if Iran once again tried to eliminate the infidel Saddam and his Jahilliyah regime by attacking across their mutual border.

And sorry to dispel your Bush hating notions but Saddam's ploy worked on the Iranians. They did not invade Iraq once they thought he had WMD's.

Unfortunately for Saddam, he didn't figure the Americans would call his bluff.

MaryL, how did you miss this news?

Too busy consuming the regurgitated lies of the Left?

lol

got your ass handed to you in the other thread so you start a new thread in the hopes people won't see your ass kicking

troll

btw.....YOU started the thread, it is up to YOU to provide links. you did not, because you are a liar.

I really don't mind being called a liar by someone who is too dumb to know such a basic fact.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]YPJCPcYCupY[/MEDIA] LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld - THE ULTIMATE CLIP (Edited) - YouTube[/ame]

I watched the entire video and nowhere in that video did you show that Bush lied about Saddam an 9/11. In fact your video shows that Bush said Saddam was not involved in 9/11. Did you even watch the video before posting it?
Ha ha ha [\thread]

I consider this to be Bush's biggest lie about Iraq and Saddam.

Rightwingers like to distract from the event that Bush tried to link Saddam to - 9/11. Even the dumbest of rightwingers should now be convinced that Saddam HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11. However, if any of them still think so - please provide credible proof.

I heard and saw Bush live on TV when he first tried to make this link. If there are any doubters - just Google "bush links saddam to 9/11"...

First we need credible proof that Bush specifically "linked" Saddam Hussein to 9-11. About 35% of democrats in congress approved the mission in Iraq and then undermined the Military effort. The word "treason" comes to mind.

"Why did Bush lie about Saddam being connected to 9/11?"

Because telling the truth wouldn't have garnered support for his illegal war.

There's a reason you didn't provide a link. W said that he believed there was some communication and cooperation between Al Qaeda but he never said any link to 9/11 was established.

You're again showing yourself to be the lying sack of shit that you are. I challenge your manhood to back up your crap.

That's exactly right. There is plenty of evidence that Bush planned to invade Iraq well before 9/11. The Downing Street Memo clearly speaks to that.

The Downing Street Memo

And after Pear Harbor, FDR was focused on declaring war with Germany who wasn't involved.

But that doesn't support the lie in the thread title the W claimed a connection. Admit your lie.

What we do now is adhere to international human rights laws that the US wrote in the first place and apply appropriate punishment to the Bush administration and make them face their accusers.

Then we do the same to Obama.

That will cause the "change" that everyone wants.

Where do we sign up?

Illegal? WTF are you whining about now?

The war was Unconstitutional. The only authority for war is defense of the United States. Most of our wars now are Unconstitutional.

Now if you're referring to the international community, that I am with you and don't give a crap about them

Illegal? WTF are you whining about now?

The war was Unconstitutional. The only authority for war is defense of the United States. Most of our wars now are Unconstitutional.

Now if you're referring to the international community, that I am with you and don't give a crap about them

The war was Unconstitutional.

How do you figure that?

Forum List

Back