Why did Jimmy Carter accomplish so little during his 4 years as president?

I doubt if those 52 hostages in Iran felt at peace for 444 days.

How many of 'em died?
None, because Reagan was elected and they were released because the Iranians were afraid of him.
Stupid, righty. Reagan had nothing to do with their release.
Sure, that's why they let them go while Carter was still president, right? :lol:
They did. That's why Reagan had nothing to do with it.

Here, Cronkite announces Carter struck a deal, during the very end of his term, with the Iranians to release the hostages...

And here (near the end), Cronkite announces the plane with the hostages had taken off. This was before Reagan was sworn in.

Who is that retarded guy in your sig line?

Sorry, but Carter was one of the weakest and most ineffective presidents in U.S. history. Obama, however, will go down as the worst.
Ineffective and wrong headed politically but a good person.

Obama on the other hand is a slime ball.

Last edited:
Here's how little Carter accomplished:

"We kept our country at peace. We never went to war. We never dropped a bomb. We never fired a bullet."​

Only President in the last 83 years who can make that statement.

What a "failure"....

How many of 'em died?
None, because Reagan was elected and they were released because the Iranians were afraid of him.
Sure, that's why they let them go while Carter was still president, right? :lol:

Which they did. You could look it up.

"We kept our country at peace. We never went to war. We never dropped a bomb. We never fired a bullet."​

What a "failure"....

How many of 'em died?

Horseshit. Carter got those hostages freed. It was the last thing he did, and he was said to be obsessed with making it happen, and Warren Christopher did it. Break down and buy a history book.

Sorry to interrupt your comic book fantasies -- hope you can get it up again soon.

I always assumed he had to deal with a congress of the other party but i just checked and that is false. Democrats had huge majorities in both houses!

During his first two years dems held the senate 61-38 ( 1 indy} and the House 292-143

His next two years it was 58-41 ( 1 indy) and 277-158.

He prolly could have made a lot of changes if he wanted to, but chose not to. I like that. In particular, he didn't start any wars though the bankers and news media tried to push him into a war with the staged Iran hostage crisis of 1979. He was NOT a weak president. He stood up to the war profiteers.
Because both the republicans and democrats in congress didn't like him.

Cause and effect swapped perhaps, but basically, yeah.

How many of 'em died?

What a "failure"....

How many of 'em died?

Horseshit. Carter got those hostages freed. It was the last thing he did, and he was said to be obsessed with making it happen, and Warren Christopher did it. Break down and buy a history book.

Sorry to interrupt your comic book fantasies -- hope you can get it up again soon.
Gee, I could have sworn you insisted Reagan and Bush made the arrangement for their release in Paris, sometime in October 1980. :lol: Correct me if I'm wrong.

How many of 'em died?

What a "failure"....

How many of 'em died?

Gee, I could have sworn you insisted Reagan and Bush made the arrangement for their release in Paris, sometime in October 1980. :lol: Correct me if I'm wrong.

Consider yourself both wrong and corrected.
It's a twofer.

Has a lot to do with why I keep advising you to learn how to read. You'd be surprised how much it opens up.

How many of 'em died?

Here, Cronkite announces Carter struck a deal, during the very end of his term, with the Iranians to release the hostages...

And here (near the end), Cronkite announces the plane with the hostages had taken off. This was before Reagan was sworn in.

Well, I guess you're gonna have to duke it out with pogo and sillybooboo because they're quite certain that Reagan and Bush made a deal with the Iranians to keep the hostages until inauguration day to make sure Carter lost (like he wouldn't have anyway). You libs need to get on the same page. Incidentally, exactly what was the deal that Carter made with the Iranians?

I don't need to sort anything out. I showed you Carter announced the deal while he was still president and it was executed before Reagan was sworn in.

How many of 'em died?

It's a twofer.

Has a lot to do with why I keep advising you to learn how to read. You'd be surprised how much it opens up.
Well, I'm waiting for you to correct me. Which is it? Did Carter get them released? If so, there was no "October Surprise" as you claimed here?
Why did Jimmy Carter accomplish so little during his 4 years as president? | Page 7 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

How many of 'em died?

Who is that retarded guy in your sig line?

The loser of the Serge Kovaleski look-alike contest.

How many of 'em died?

It's a twofer.

Well, I'm waiting for you to correct me. Which is it? Did Carter get them released? If so, there was no "October Surprise" as you claimed here?
Why did Jimmy Carter accomplish so little during his 4 years as president? | Page 7 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

After a year and a half you STILL can't decipher what that post says?

Did I write it in Faroese or sump'm?

How many of 'em died?

It's a twofer.

Are you on crack? Your link does not go to anything pogo posted. :cuckoo:

Well, I guess you're gonna have to duke it out with pogo and sillybooboo because they're quite certain that Reagan and Bush made a deal with the Iranians to keep the hostages until inauguration day to make sure Carter lost (like he wouldn't have anyway). You libs need to get on the same page. Incidentally, exactly what was the deal that Carter made with the Iranians?

I don't need to sort anything out. I showed you Carter announced the deal while he was still president and it was executed before Reagan was sworn in.

Hey dumbshit, there was no deal until AFTER Carter lost the election in 1980. Carter didn't get them released, their fear of a President Reagan is what got them released.

It's a twofer.

He IS on crack, but I think what he's going for is post 130, from April of 2014.

He links about as well as he reads.

Hey dumbshit, there was no deal until AFTER Carter lost the election in 1980. Carter didn't get them released, their fear of a President Reagan is what got them released.

And your link to that is .... where?

Oh wait -- :eusa_doh: -- you can't link to your own ass.

It's a twofer.

That's funny, I just clicked on it and it went right to pogo's post. Maybe you're the one on crack

It's a twofer.

That's funny, I just clicked on it and it went right to pogo's post. Maybe you're the one on crack.

You can't link to "page 7" (or whatever) and expect it to work. Everybody sets their pages differently. Post 130 is only on page 7 if your settings display 20 posts per page. Use the permalink on the post number.

It's a twofer.

That's funny, I just clicked on it and it went right to pogo's post. Maybe you're the one on crack.

You can't link to "page 7" (or whatever) and expect it to work. Everybody sets their pages differently. Post 130 is only on page 7 if your settings display 20 posts per page. Use the permalink on the post number.
Since you know exactly which post it is, why don't you just post it yourself?

Wow, you're even more fucked in the head than I thought. :cuckoo:

You do know Carter was president until January 20, 1981, right, regardless of when the election took place? The deal was brokered by Carter's deputy Secretary of State and executed while Carter was still president. Reagan had nothing to do with it.

It's a twofer.

That's funny, I just clicked on it and it went right to pogo's post. Maybe you're the one on crack
Nope, you just don't know how to link.

Forum List

Back