Why did we bomb Libya?

UN would be soooo worried over a possible genocide in Libya that never happened, which was their reasoning for killing him off
It didn't happen because the UN destroyed his military convoy. Come on man, think a little.

They originally said that Gaddafi was not a target and said they were only interested in establishing a no fly zone to protect the populace against him. Then they proceeded to riddle his home base with cruise missiles and weakened him enough that he was eventually murdered, all to the delight of Obama and the EU.

I personally did not weep a moment over the death of that American murdering scum Gaddafi. No more than I wept when Sadam Hussein died.

But the U.S. screwed up in Libya similarly to Iraq- by not thinking through what would happen.

It just cost us fewer lives and dollars.

UN would be soooo worried over a possible genocide in Libya that never happened, which was their reasoning for killing him off
It didn't happen because the UN destroyed his military convoy. Come on man, think a little.

They originally said that Gaddafi was not a target and said they were only interested in establishing a no fly zone to protect the populace against him. Then they proceeded to riddle his home base with cruise missiles and weakened him enough that he was eventually murdered, all to the delight of Obama and the EU.

Gaddafi offered a ceasefire and truce, offered to step down, Hillary refused to consider anything short of war. The US intelligence agencies in defiance of Hillary's state dept kept communication channels open with Gaddafi.

Except of course for the facts.
Gaddafi didn't offer to step down.
Nato refused the ceasefire- not the SOS.
And President Obama offered a ceasefire to Gaddafi

Gaddafi talks offer is dismissed

In a rambling speech early on Saturday, Col Gaddafi called for a ceasefire and negotiations with Nato member states and the rebels.

"We were the first to welcome a ceasefire and we were the first to accept a ceasefire... but the Crusader Nato attack has not stopped," he said. "The door to peace is open."

Col Gaddafi denounced the rebels as foreign terrorists and said there could be no preconditions, such as his own surrender and exile

"I have no official functions to give up - I will not leave my country and will fight to the death," he vowed.

In Brussels, Nato officials also rejected the offer of talks.

"We need to see not words but actions," one said. "The regime has announced ceasefires several times before and continued attacking cities and civilians."

Allies Say Libya Cease-Fire Is Not Enough

WASHINGTON — President Obama on Friday ordered Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi to carry out an immediate cease-fire, withdraw his forces from rebel-held cities and stop all attacks on Libyan civilians or face military action from the United States and its allies in Europe and the Arab world.

“Let me be clear, these terms are not negotiable,” Mr. Obama said from the East Room of the White House. Those terms, particularly lifting the siege of opposition-held territories, would give the rebels a reprieve, if not a military advantage.

Libya had pledged a cease-fire hours before. But reports from rebel-held territory indicated that the attacks by Qaddafi militias continued unabated in the east and west.

Somewhere there is an audio recording made by a European news agency of Hillary stating that we had to support our European allies in Libya to secure their oil supply because they supported us in Afghanistan..

Somewhere there is Troutboy in his mom's basement lying again.

Let us recap:
  • Troutboy said Clinton told us all that we supported our European allies for their oil supply.
  • Troutboy provided 2 or 3 links that didn't have Clinton saying that at all.
  • Now Troutboy says 'trust him' - he can't find what he claims what was said- but trust him.....
lol

I won, you looked the fool, yes that about covers it.

Gaddafi offered a ceasefire and truce, offered to step down, Hillary refused to consider anything short of war. The US intelligence agencies in defiance of Hillary's state dept kept communication channels open with Gaddafi.

In a rambling speech early on Saturday, Col Gaddafi called for a ceasefire and negotiations with Nato member states and the rebels.

"We were the first to welcome a ceasefire and we were the first to accept a ceasefire... but the Crusader Nato attack has not stopped," he said. "The door to peace is open."

Col Gaddafi denounced the rebels as foreign terrorists and said there could be no preconditions, such as his own surrender and exile

"I have no official functions to give up - I will not leave my country and will fight to the death," he vowed.

"We need to see not words but actions," one said. "The regime has announced ceasefires several times before and continued attacking cities and civilians."

WASHINGTON — President Obama on Friday ordered Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi to carry out an immediate cease-fire, withdraw his forces from rebel-held cities and stop all attacks on Libyan civilians or face military action from the United States and its allies in Europe and the Arab world.

“Let me be clear, these terms are not negotiable,” Mr. Obama said from the East Room of the White House. Those terms, particularly lifting the siege of opposition-held territories, would give the rebels a reprieve, if not a military advantage.

Libya had pledged a cease-fire hours before. But reports from rebel-held territory indicated that the attacks by Qaddafi militias continued unabated in the east and west.

Ahahaha let me translate this libs emotional outburst :206: Blues was right :102: God I hate that Blues guy :aargh:

You should probably not trust AP news.

Ok, never trust AP news.

Ahahaha let me translate this libs emotional outburst :206: Blues was right :102: God I hate that Blues guy :aargh:

LOL you loyal Trumpkins- confronting your lies with facts is an 'emotional outburst'

You lied- I presented the facts. You come unglued.

Somewhere there is an audio recording made by a European news agency of Hillary stating that we had to support our European allies in Libya to secure their oil supply because they supported us in Afghanistan..

Let us recap:
  • Troutboy said Clinton told us all that we supported our European allies for their oil supply.
  • Now Troutboy says 'trust him' - he can't find what he claims what was said- but trust him.....
lol

Let us recap:
images

lol

Let us recap:
images

lol

LOL you loyal Trumpkins- confronting your lies with facts is an 'emotional outburst'

I whooped your ass just go lick your wounds you war monger, Dem's bombing Libya for oil go figure.

I find it odd that Lybia is such a sticking point with people . Of ALL the places we have /had military action, the one where no troops were killed is the one that bothers you ?

You know what I find odd? I find it odd that the UN would be soooo worried over a possible genocide in Libya that never happened, which was their reasoning for killing him off, but turned a blind eye to actual genocides that occurred in both the Sudan and Syria.

Very puzzling.

I don’t think Sudan and Syria was ignored at all.

Qudaffi was vulnerable . The people rebelled against it . I don’t think the air support was such a bad call .

What’s the counter argument ? “Well he was a more better behaved despot than before “?

Really? What did the UN do?

they made the Libyan UN guy head of the 'Human Rights Commission', of course. I understand that appointment caused the Commission's credibility to skyrocket ... lol lol lol
Gaddafi's Libya was Africa's Most Prosperous Democracy | Foreign Policy Journal

Democracy is not just about elections or political parties. True democracy is also about human rights. During the NATO bombardment of Libya, western media conveniently forgot to mention that the United Nations had just prepared a lengthy dossier praising Mr. Gaddafi’s human rights achievements. The UN report commended Libya for bettering its “legal protections” for citizens, making human rights a “priority,” improving women’s rights, educational opportunities and access to housing. During Mr. Gaddafi’s era housing was considered a human right. Consequently, there was virtually no homelessness or Libyans living under bridges. How many Libyan homes and bridges did NATO destroy?

I whooped your ass just go lick your wounds you war monger, Dem's bombing Libya for oil go figure.

I think you have mistaken you using your dildo on yourself with 'winning' an argument.

So far you have made two claims.

And so far I have shown that you have lied about each.

Contards lying like their Dear Leader?

Go figure.

Qudaffi was a very bad man. A terrorist who killed Americans by the way!

His people were fighting for their freedom and we provided some air cover .

What’s so bad about that ?

Contrary to popular belief, Libya, which western media described as “Gaddafi’s military dictatorship”, was in actual fact one of the world’s most democratic States.

And certainly Gaddafi did many very good things for Libya- you know like Mussolini did for Italy.

But he was also a brutal dictator
Factbox: Gaddafi rule marked by abuses, rights groups say

“I could at any moment send them to the People’s Court ... and the People’s Court will issue a sentence of death based on this law, because execution is the fate of anyone who forms a political party,” Gaddafi said in a speech on November 9, 1974.

Contrary to popular belief, Libya, which western media described as “Gaddafi’s military dictatorship”, was in actual fact one of the world’s most democratic States.

And certainly Gaddafi did many very good things for Libya- you know like Mussolini did for Italy.

“I could at any moment send them to the People’s Court ... and the People’s Court will issue a sentence of death based on this law, because execution is the fate of anyone who forms a political party,” Gaddafi said in a speech on November 9, 1974.

You idiots destroyed a functioning democracy in Libya, you have no standing to invoke a human rights argument.

Post-Gaddafi Libya Sees Spike in Human Trafficking

You idiots destroyed a functioning democracy in Libya, you have no standing to invoke a human rights argument.

A 'functioning democracy'? Even less of a democracy than Cuba.
And Gaddafi was a murderer who ordered the deaths of Americans- so I cry not a tear for him.

But we- America- and our allies- made a mistake in Libya- and the Libyans are paying for it.

And Gaddafi was a murderer who ordered the deaths of Americans- so I cry not a tear for him.

But we- America- and our allies- made a mistake in Libya- and the Libyans are paying for it.

If Obama or Clinton had walked out onto Pennsylvania Ave. and killed someone in cold blood you would defend them to the end. That was one statement Trump got right.

If Obama or Clinton had walked out onto Pennsylvania Ave. and killed someone in cold blood you would defend them to the end. That was one statement Trump got right.

LOL-that was Trump
"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here.

I already pointed out that I think that Obama made a mistake in Libya.

You want to believe the opinion of one author in one journal that Libya was a people's paradise- well believe what you will.

It doesn't strike anyone as strange that Obama was hanging out with Ghadafi just 2 months before he was

killed? Well, it did me, so I did some research. Bombing Libya was not Obama's idea, not at all.

Gaddafi-Obama-Masonic-Handshake.jpg
Thats because Obama was unaware the Bush admin targeted Qaddafi once he started that talk about building a African bank.

Yeah, cuz, all those other 430,000 attempts at 'breaking the Dollar' by all those corrupt criminal syndicates have been so successful we're really really scared of that stuff. lol lol lol lol
Typical white boy that thinks fiat money is better than money backed by gold and other real resources.

Typical moron that thinks African states will actually start an African bank that anybody would put their own money into.
They wont now so they wont be assassinated. That doesnt change the fact that you are too ignorant to understand the difference between fiat money and real money.

Yeah all those BRICS guys are now dead, assassinated n stuff. Doesn't change the fact you don't know shit about banking and money, despite the jargon you read on some blog. African leaders are all corrupt murdering thieves, and you can't lie enough to change that.

Lol complete rubbish.

You idiots destroyed a functioning democracy in Libya
This is total horseshit. Libya wasn't even a sovereign country, save for a strip on the coast, by the time Ghaddafi decided to start slaughtering his own people. I suppose you think they voted for him to do that?

Forum List

Back