Why Didn't Indian Tribes Repel The Colonists?

Those who dispute the true savage nature of the Native American and their demise not by slaughter but disease during the early years of European immigration, are proof of the leftist anti-American indoctrination in our schools, media, Hollywood, and by politicians and other shysters.....These people can be counted on to be easily duped by the power elite, over and over again.

Read some Indian history and forget the conservative revisionist crap, which is just White guilt.

I post facts, you, simply dare not consider same.....

It is as though changing your mind to accommodate the facts would be an affront to Liberalism. Your motto: 'Onward rather than correctness or rectitude.' Rather like a rhinoceros, fitting your cerebral capacities.

Those who dispute the true savage nature of the Native American and their demise not by slaughter but disease during the early years of European immigration, are proof of the leftist anti-American indoctrination in our schools, media, Hollywood, and by politicians and other shysters.....These people can be counted on to be easily duped by the power elite, over and over again.

Read some Indian history and forget the conservative revisionist crap, which is just White guilt.

I suspect I know more about Native American history than do you.

With few exemptions, the tribes that inhabited North America were constantly at war with each other, committed atrocities even today's fanatical Islamist would find revolting...like skinning victims alive, cannibalism, and outrageous forms of torture and cruelty. These acts were committed as if it were a celebration...the women and children even took part...finding great joy in it. The more the victim screamed for mercy, the more pleased were the torturers.

In addition, they lived very primitively. Not much removed from the caveman. Not having discovered the wheel, is proof enough. However some tribes and individual Natives had admirable traits.

If you had knowledge of American history, you would know this. But do not take it too hard. You have been indoctrinated...but hopefully you can over come it by educating yourself.

A good book to start your education is David Hackett Fischer's recent book 'Champlain's Dream.' I found it very interesting. Champlain documented some of the atrocities he witnessed.

Oh almost forgot...Samuel de Champlain was the father of New France (Canada...just so you know...) He spent a great deal of time with the Natives and documented much of it. Maybe you have heard of Lake Champlain in up state New York....it was named after him, as he took part is a battle there.

And yet, so very many of our Liberal and or ignorant posters, are convinced that the 'hate the European/white interlopers' propaganda is the truth.

The thrust of this thread dealt with Eastern tribes in proximity to English settlements....

Attacks by French-allied Indians hit Pennsylvania in October 1755.

Clearly, the posters who wrote such nonsense stating how peaceful the Indians were, or how they really didn't want to fight the Europeans, are fully brainwashed.

Government schools are the culprits.

More cut-n-paste mindless partisan drivel.

Hey Guess What? THE FRENCH WERE NOT NATIVE AMERICANS.

Please try to at least read your own absurd postings before embarrassing yourself any further with pathetic attempts to masquerade as anyone with more intellectual capacity than the average 11 year old.

August 30, 1813 The Fort Mims Massacre. ( Baldwin County, Alabama) Fort Mims was a simple stockade in which about 550 white civilians and mixed-blood Creeks and 120 militiamen and about 300 slaves took refuge from a thousand Red Stick Creeks commanded by Red Eagle (William Weatherford, who had chosen his mother’s family over his father’s) and another part-Indian named Paddy Welsh, systematically butchered the White inhabitants:

Please take notes so you won't embarrass yourself like that again.

And, don't hesitate to let me know if you need further remediation.

More cut and paste without any thought.

:clap:

Bravo for helping make my point:

William Weatherford was not a Native American.

Keep trying.

Your point is atop your head.

Glad to see that you retreated from posting how peaceful the Indians were.

Without a cut-n-paste reply, I don't expect much from you, but how about at least confessing that you completely tripped over the fact that you thought a guy named William Weatherford was a Native American?

:banana2:

You'd appear slightly less pitiful.
You can run,, but you can't hide.
Thank me for correcting your abysmally stupid post, 'Indians were peaceful.'

You still don't seem to even know what a Native American IS.
William Weatherford was NOT a Native American, neither was "part-Indian," Paddy Welch.
At some point, the readership of this thread needs to ask: How incredulous does the OP need to demonstrate they are before unsubscribing?

I'm convinced.

**UNSUBSCRIBE**

August 30, 1813 The Fort Mims Massacre. ( Baldwin County, Alabama) Fort Mims was a simple stockade in which about 550 white civilians and mixed-blood Creeks and 120 militiamen and about 300 slaves took refuge from a thousand Red Stick Creeks commanded by Red Eagle (William Weatherford, who had chosen his mother’s family over his father’s) and another part-Indian named Paddy Welsh, systematically butchered the White inhabitants:

Please take notes so you won't embarrass yourself like that again.

And, don't hesitate to let me know if you need further remediation.

More cut and paste without any thought.

:clap:

Bravo for helping make my point:

William Weatherford was not a Native American.

Keep trying.

Your point is atop your head.

Glad to see that you retreated from posting how peaceful the Indians were.

Without a cut-n-paste reply, I don't expect much from you, but how about at least confessing that you completely tripped over the fact that you thought a guy named William Weatherford was a Native American?

:banana2:

You'd appear slightly less pitiful.
You can run,, but you can't hide.
Thank me for correcting your abysmally stupid post, 'Indians were peaceful.'

You still don't seem to even know what a Native American IS.
William Weatherford was NOT a Native American, neither was "part-Indian," Paddy Welch.
At some point, the readership of this thread needs to ask: How incredulous does the OP need to demonstrate they are before unsubscribing?

I'm convinced.

**UNSUBSCRIBE**

I notice that you no longer claim that the Indians were "peaceful."

Care to thank me for teaching you not to embarrass yourself further?

And yet, so very many of our Liberal and or ignorant posters, are convinced that the 'hate the European/white interlopers' propaganda is the truth.

The thrust of this thread dealt with Eastern tribes in proximity to English settlements....

Clearly, the posters who wrote such nonsense stating how peaceful the Indians were, or how they really didn't want to fight the Europeans, are fully brainwashed.

Please try to at least read your own absurd postings before embarrassing yourself any further with pathetic attempts to masquerade as anyone with more intellectual capacity than the average 11 year old.

"Attacks by French-allied Indians hit Pennsylvania in October 1755."

The Iroquois were allies of the French and fought on their behalf during that period. They were one of a number of indian tribes to do so, which does not diminish their standing as native Americans.

"Attacks by French-allied Indians hit Pennsylvania in October 1755."

The Iroquois were allies of the French and fought on their behalf during that period. They were one of a number of indian tribes to do so, which does not diminish their standing as native Americans.

Even when the the motivations are explained to them, i.e., the slander of the settlers as a way of attacking the origins of this nation, those convinced by the Left will hold on to their misguided beliefs, which is the Disney version of 'Native Americans.'

Learning ends when ideology takes over.

With few exemptions, the tribes that inhabited North America were constantly at war with each other, committed atrocities even today's fanatical Islamist would find revolting...like skinning victims alive, cannibalism, and outrageous forms of torture and cruelty. These acts were committed as if it were a celebration...the women and children even took part...finding great joy in it. The more the victim screamed for mercy, the more pleased were the torturers.

In addition, they lived very primitively. Not much removed from the caveman. Not having discovered the wheel, is proof enough. However some tribes and individual Natives had admirable traits.

If you had knowledge of American history, you would know this. But do not take it too hard. You have been indoctrinated...but hopefully you can over come it by educating yourself.

A good book to start your education is David Hackett Fischer's recent book 'Champlain's Dream.' I found it very interesting. Champlain documented some of the atrocities he witnessed.

Oh almost forgot...Samuel de Champlain was the father of New France (Canada...just so you know...) He spent a great deal of time with the Natives and documented much of it. Maybe you have heard of Lake Champlain in up state New York....it was named after him, as he took part is a battle there.

Some tribes were like this, most wanted a peaceful existence. It is like the difference between how aggressive and warlike America is compared to the Swiss. Most countries strive to live a peacefully, like the Swiss, but it is not always possible.

A lot of what I know of Indian history has been passed down through the generations by the ancestors. I would trust this more than books written by Whites.

It is as though changing your mind to accommodate the facts would be an affront to Liberalism. Your motto: 'Onward rather than correctness or rectitude.' Rather like a rhinoceros, fitting your cerebral capacities.

Many of the facts that you post are nothing more than opinions. Learn the difference before you start with the stupid insults.

Simple answer. They lost because the colonists had more guns and a bigger army.

Many of the facts that you post are nothing more than opinions. Learn the difference before you start with the stupid insults.

You can try to prove me wrong, but I know you will not.

You have failed to read the words of the many white men who witnessed Native American atrocities first hand and documented it for you.

Some tribes were like this, most wanted a peaceful existence. It is like the difference between how aggressive and warlike America is compared to the Swiss. Most countries strive to live a peacefully, like the Swiss, but it is not always possible.

A lot of what I know of Indian history has been passed down through the generations by the ancestors. I would trust this more than books written by Whites.

Passed down history....too funny....word of mouth history...too funny.

You think they are going to tell you about the atrocities their ancestors committed? Try to think again.

Failure to accept the truth, is a sign of ignorance.

Indians....erroneously known as 'Native Americans'....a subject that lends itself to the cause of the America-haters.

Here, we strip away both the romanticized notions, and the slanders: real history.

First the 'age of exploration,' then colonization. But when colonization began in America, it did so in dribs and drabs.... in small scattered or sporadic amounts.
Certainly not in huge numbers that would account for the mythical "Indian genocide."

Why didn't the Indian tribes extant simply toss 'em back into the sea?

1. Colonization began in 1607, with English settlers along the James River. Data shows some 2,400 English in Virginia, and about 1,400 in New England by 1630.
But there were over 400,000 Native Americans east of the Appalachians by the time the first settlers arrived!

Romanticized versions of Indian life paint them to be friendly, civilized, probably suggesting some sort of "Beer Summit" with the newcomers.....none of which is true.
"Can't we all just get along?" Maybe.

2. Woudn't the Indians, at first glance, want to curtail the newcomers?
Maybe so....but there were several reasons why they couldn't/wouldn't.
First, even small settlements tended to be fortified, and able to rely on sea power and firearms.

Indians quickly saw the value of muskets, and were able to trade for same, using them for hunting and against rival tribes.
How about simply using 'em against the 'white interlopers' ?(Al Sharpton).

a. Far from the static view that politicians have of human endeavors, in actuality, people behave dynamically. In this case, getting guns made the Indians more dependent on Europeans, for ammunition, powder, and repair of the weapons.

b. And, like garage door openers, once they had guns, they couldn't imagine living without them. So much for sending the Europeans away!

And, the law of unintended consequences went further: guns caused a loss of the skills needed in using bows/arrows!
Walter McDougall, " Freedom Just Around the Corner: A New American History: 1585-1828"

c. To show the extent of the desire for guns, in 1641, the Iroquois sued for peace in order to regain access to the guns the French were selling them! "Firearms in Colonial America: The Impact on History and Technology 1492-1792,' M. L. Brown,
p.151-158

3. Geography is another reason that the colonists were not sent packing: they settled along the coasts and rivers, so would fight tenaciously rather than be pushed into the water! The Indians, if they were losing, could simply retreat inland, and fade into the forests.

4. As far as losing to the Indians, the settlers has an inexhaustible supply of reinforcements from their national 'tribe,' while the Indians could rarely rely on support due to long tribal feuds.

5. Perhaps most important, the greatest of enemies that the Indians had to face...they couldn't actually 'face.' And the settlers didn't recognize their greatest ally: Disease.
Influenza, chicken pox, small pox,...and the plague that decimated the Europeans back home.

a. Over 90% of the Algonquin, Wampanoag, Massachusetts, and Pawtucket tribes were wiped out even before the Pilgrims arrived!

b. 50-75% of the Hurons, Iroquois, and Mohawks died in the 1630s and 1640s.

c. And almost 90% of the Powhatan, Susquehannock and other Chesapeake tribes in the 1670s.
McDougall, Op. Cit.

What myths are you trying to debunk?

"Many of the facts that you post are nothing more than opinions..."

Did you actually write that????

What....as satire???

In post #70 you attributed your what passes for knowledge to 'Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee"!!!!

One reviewer wrote: "What is depressing about this book is that thirty seven years after its publication most Americans are still so ill informed about the 19th century history of the West that they continue to give it rave reviews.
Mr. Brown was a gifted story teller but he was no historian (he was actually the librarian at the College of Agriculture at the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana) and his account of the deeply moving and troubled tale of the clash of civilizations that was played out in the West (and it was truly a clash of civilizations: Irish-American vs. Anglo-American vs. Hispanic-American vs. Mormon-American vs. Union-American vs. ex-Confederate-American vs. New England American vs. Midwestern American vs. Brule Sioux vs. Northern Cheyenne vs. Southern Cheyenne vs. Blackfoot vs. Hopi vs. Navajo - and the list goes on) is, in my opinion, only slightly better than a caricature."

Your only hope is the following:

1. Carefully read ever single word I post.
2. Take notes on same.
3.Then, laminate those notes and keep them in you wallet.
4. Memorize this mantra, and repeat it constantly: "PoliticalChic...I worship the ground she walks on!"

...at least fifty times a day.

And.....never doubt me again!

Wrong.

Read the earlier posts in the thread and you won't have to resort to 'simple.'

It is that simple. Revisionist crap aside there were certainly contributing factors and events. But in the end it all came down to armed conflicts. And they were outgunned to the tune of millions. The exact number will never be known

What....as satire???

In post #70 you attributed your what passes for knowledge to 'Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee"!!!!

One reviewer wrote: "What is depressing about this book is that thirty seven years after its publication most Americans are still so ill informed about the 19th century history of the West that they continue to give it rave reviews.
Mr. Brown was a gifted story teller but he was no historian (he was actually the librarian at the College of Agriculture at the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana) and his account of the deeply moving and troubled tale of the clash of civilizations that was played out in the West (and it was truly a clash of civilizations: Irish-American vs. Anglo-American vs. Hispanic-American vs. Mormon-American vs. Union-American vs. ex-Confederate-American vs. New England American vs. Midwestern American vs. Brule Sioux vs. Northern Cheyenne vs. Southern Cheyenne vs. Blackfoot vs. Hopi vs. Navajo - and the list goes on) is, in my opinion, only slightly better than a caricature."

2. Take notes on same.
4. Memorize this mantra, and repeat it constantly: "PoliticalChic...I worship the ground she walks on!"

What....as satire???

2. Take notes on same.

Are you really this thick? Thank you for proving my point, no facts in this cut and paste. You do know that reviews are opinions, do you not?

You don't realize that the diseases were merely a side effect of the European invasion which had as its sole purpose to take the land FROM the Indian tribes and make it their own -

by any means necessary, as history demonstrated?

Forum List

Back