Why do Americans feel like taxes are somehow the government robbing them of money?

Do they use our roads?
what happened to the gas tax money?
Do they use our police?
Do we really need so many agencies doing the same thing? Just the drug field: DEA, FBI, Coast Guard, ICE Drug Unit, ATF Drug Unit, City Police Drug Unit, Sheriff's Office Drug Unit, State Police/Highway Patrol Drug Unit, State Bureau of Investigation Drug Unit. Wasting money. I am not saying they shouldn't enforce drug laws, I am saying they boost staffing by creating those units.
Do they enjoy the rights they have gained to work and get paid well?
Paid well? That's debatable. I understand that many employers are "not taking care of their employees."
Do they like eating clean food and drinking clean water?
Do you really believe that anybody wants to drink dirty water and eat rotten food?
OK.. I give those to you. Where the rest of the money goes? Foreign aid on credit? Unnecessary Federal Departments? Nobody disputes taxes for necessary things but the government is way out of control.

No one is calling for "no taxes". We want fair taxes and we want government to stop WASTING it. Is that too much to ask?
Republicans waste our taxes on corporate welfare, foreign welfare, and bloated defense spending.
You have examples of this welfare?

Remember, welfare is giving someone elses money to someone....

If the government is going to tax its; citizens, then that tax should be equal for all and everyone should pay the tax.
Otherwise the government is just penalizing the working class.

No one is calling for "no taxes". We want fair taxes and we want government to stop WASTING it. Is that too much to ask?
Republicans waste our taxes on corporate welfare, foreign welfare, and bloated defense spending.

WELFARE EXAMPLES:

(1) The care and support of illegal immigrants
(2) Foreign aid

DEFENSE SPENDING:

(1) Planes and ships the military doesn't want nor need
(2) Excessive number of military bases on foreign soil
(3) No-bid defense contacts ( Halliburton )
(4) Senseless deadly costly wars

CORPORATE WELFARE:

(1) Bailouts ( AIG )
(2) Subsidies to rich farmers and big oil

WELFARE EXAMPLES:

(2) Foreign aid

DEFENSE SPENDING:

CORPORATE WELFARE:

(1) Bailouts ( AIG )
Did you read My last sentence?

Care and support of illegals is NOT corporate welfare...neither is foreign aid....though that needs to be stopped completely....

Defense spending is not corporate welfare...but an overhall of their priorities would not be remiss...

Bailouts I agree with...

subsidies? In what form? Allowing farmers to keep their own money is NOT welfare.

If the government is going to tax its; citizens, then that tax should be equal for all and everyone should pay the tax.
Otherwise the government is just penalizing the working class.
Just the working class? When the upper class pays more than the working class?

WELFARE EXAMPLES:

(2) Foreign aid

DEFENSE SPENDING:

CORPORATE WELFARE:

(1) Bailouts ( AIG )

Care and support of illegals is NOT corporate welfare...neither is foreign aid....though that needs to be stopped completely....

Defense spending is not corporate welfare...but an overhall of their priorities would not be remiss...

Bailouts I agree with...

subsidies? In what form? Allowing farmers to keep their own money is NOT welfare.
I totally disagree.

When farmers decide to grow only enough to feed their own families we'll see how long it takes for liberals to demand the farm families kill off maybe 50% of the family members so 50% of the food the family produced can be redistributed.

Not waste those family members, mind you. Convert them to spare parts for sale. They already know how to do that efficiently.....

When farmers decide to grow only enough to feed their own families we'll see how long it takes for liberals to demand the farm families kill off maybe 50% of the family members so 50% of the food the family produced can be redistributed.

Not waste those family members, mind you. Convert them to spare parts for sale. They already know how to do that efficiently.....
imagesW2I15BEL.gif

WELFARE EXAMPLES:

(2) Foreign aid

DEFENSE SPENDING:

CORPORATE WELFARE:

(1) Bailouts ( AIG )

Bailouts I agree with...

I totally disagree.
Your welcome to do so....However.....When someone tells Me that corporations are receiving welfare, and understanding the english language, I take it to mean that they are receiving other peoples money to stay in business.

In fact, when the left says corporate welfare, they are actually saying that they don't believe that a company should be allowed to keep more of their own money. That tax breaks and tax law is somehow being used to their own advantage, even though everyone in America uses the tax law to their own advantage when it suits them or they can save a buck....

"Why do Americans feel like taxes are somehow the government robbing them of money?"

Not all do, likely not even a majority – those who do simply exhibit how ignorance and ridiculous they are.

Do they use our roads?
Do they use our police?
Do they enjoy the rights they have gained to work and get paid well?
Do they like eating clean food and drinking clean water?

Then no, it is not robbing anything from them as they're enjoying the benefits of paying it.

Roads are paid from local tolls, police are local. Do you need the government to feed you?

WELFARE EXAMPLES:

(2) Foreign aid

DEFENSE SPENDING:

CORPORATE WELFARE:

(1) Bailouts ( AIG )

Bailouts I agree with...

I totally disagree.
Your welcome to do so....However.....When someone tells Me that corporations are receiving welfare, and understanding the english language, I take it to mean that they are receiving other peoples money to stay in business.

In fact, when the left says corporate welfare, they are actually saying that they don't believe that a company should be allowed to keep more of their own money. That tax breaks and tax law is somehow being used to their own advantage, even though everyone in America uses the tax law to their own advantage when it suits them or they can save a buck....
So, you don't believe that no-bid defense contracts are corporate welfare? You don't believe that subsidies to big oil is corporate welfare? You don't believe that subsidies to corporate farmers is welfare? You don't believe that any of that money comes from taxpayers? ..... Geez .... unbelievable ... ........ who would've thunk that ..... gotcha ... I see.

WELFARE EXAMPLES:

(2) Foreign aid

DEFENSE SPENDING:

CORPORATE WELFARE:

(1) Bailouts ( AIG )

Bailouts I agree with...

I totally disagree.

So, you don't believe that no-bid defense contracts are corporate welfare? You don't believe that subsidies to big oil is corporate welfare? You don't believe that subsidies to corporate farmers is welfare? You don't believe that any of that money comes from taxpayers? ..... Geez .... unbelievable ... ........ who would've thunk that ..... gotcha ... I see.
I'm going to ask you the same question.

What subsides to big oil are you talking about? Name the specific subsidy....how it is enacted, and when do the oil companies collect on it?

Also remember this.....tax breaks and loopholes are NOT subsidies.....not by any stretch of the imagination....

As for no-bid contracts....That has been the case through a dozen administrations....however and again, you are going to have to be specific on what contracts....

Show Me where contracts were awarded where the winner of the contract is NOT the sole company able to provide the needed service or goods.....

And then answer this....

Is it ONLY defense contracts, or any no-bid contract?

Forum List

Back