Why do big cities vote Democrat?

And that's in the cities and suburbs. The oil and gas industry aren't in bum fuck Montana. They are in Houston and Beaumont. Ag is owned by Big Ag.
That would be where the executives and traders are hence the reason I said it isn't the producers and landowners who are getting the big bucks, it's those turning what we produce into value added products.

Even those plants are in rural areas but the profits go to the cities where the company HQ's are located.

What neither of you clueless will admit is we have a wage problem.wages lag behind productivity. Days something about this nation.

What big cities do have zero affect on us rurals.
Then why do you bitch so much?
That would be where the executives and traders are hence the reason I said it isn't the producers and landowners who are getting the big bucks, it's those turning what we produce into value added products.

Even those plants are in rural areas but the profits go to the cities where the company HQ's are located.
Bullshit. The O &G industry is in Harris county. The refineries are in established areas.

What neither of you clueless will admit is we have a wage problem.wages lag behind productivity. Days something about this nation.
If you're gong to insult the intelligence of others is usually a great idea to proofread before hitting send/reply.

Then why do you bitch so much?

Bullshit. The O &G industry is in Harris county. The refineries are in established areas.
And again that's where the company HQ's are located not where the oil and gas or refineries and chemical plants are located.

In my entire life I've only seen I think three refineries or large chemical plants inside of a major built up urban or suburban area in the US.

With three of those the cities expanded to include them, they were not built in cities to begin with.

Look at the red areas on the map
Those are states dumbass, try looking at district and county maps.

You really aren't very bright.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
And again that's where the company HQ's are located not where the oil and gas or refineries and chemical plants are located.

In my entire life I've only seen I think three refineries or large chemical plants inside of a major built up urban or suburban area in the US.

With three of those the cities expanded to include them, they were not built in cities to begin with.
Then you have not been to Texas. Beaumont ring a bell?

Real wage growth went positive for the first time in over two decades under the last administration. We should follow that formula permanently by doing things like brining as much of our manufacturing base back as possible.

You really have to understand how wealth is created to understand why our wages are sorely lagging behind in the US.

The best paying blue collar jobs we have are in industries that turn raw and processed materials into things of ever greater value.

Last edited:
Then you have not been to Texas. Beaumont ring a bell?
Other than my time in Service I spent most of sixty years in Texas.

Those refineries and chemical plants were not built in cities, they were built in rural areas and cities grew around them.

People will take those jobs. If they pay enough. ,$20 per hour won't get it done. Thankfully

People will take those jobs. If they pay enough. ,$20 per hour won't get it done. Thankfully
A job is only worth what the next guy is willing to do it for.

That's just business 101.

You can't stick an arbitrary number on what a job is worth and expect business to be able to stay in business.

And it's good when jobs go unfilled. Keeps the market open. Being loyal to an employer is wrong.

Forum List

Back