why do cons despise government workers, but “support” the military?

They just cherry pick what fits their agenda. It’s not like they have actual principles. They aren’t smart or mature enough for that. The GOP speaks and their voters believe everything they say.

That might carry weight if it was not coming from one of the most unprincipled immature posters here. As it is you're more like sit, stay, roll over material.
But see, I have an actual history of criticizing democrats and leftwing policy. I’m not going to pretend that Dems are as despicable as republicans, but I certainly acknowledge when I think they are way off base.
Can you post a link to a post where you criticized Democrats?
CONGRATULATIONS to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi

Hell I got a lot more than that.
Your only criticism is that she isn't pushing the leftwing agenda effectively.
Lol am I supposed to pretend that I am not a progressive? See unlike you, I don’t just float with whatever party is closest to my values because they tell me to.

they are the same thing. We haven’t had a draft in 40 + years . We don’t have volunteers, we have a professional military . They are just as much fed employees as some border patrol worker .

Why do cons have this double standard with fed workers ?

And for that matter , why is the military being paid during the shutdown?
Both are the destructive use of other people’s money.

they are the same thing. We haven’t had a draft in 40 + years . We don’t have volunteers, we have a professional military . They are just as much fed employees as some border patrol worker .

The military has guns, rwnjs like everything better with guns.

The government is not a business .
the post office is....
An obsolete money pit.
It's on its way, not quite there yet as obsolete.
If the feds kept there paws out of the till it might not be such a boondoggle.

Good luck getting a private company to send a letter to Nome Alaska for .50 cents.
not what he is talking about timmy....

Sure it is . The PO is expected to act like a private co , but with all these public restrictions.

Maybe you ought to explain to the readers what is a True Conservative and how a True Conservative might respond to Donald Trump's Presidency?

A "true" conservative knows that he/she has not had any representation for decades. They are able to step outside of the two party paradigm and see the truth of the system. The truth is that the there is no truth in the system. There is only falsehoods and lies.

So a true conservative seems to be a curmudgeon, in your opinion?

Not at all, why do you say that, wry? That seems to be coming from the left

I responded to this comment, "The truth is that the there is no truth in the system. There is only falsehoods and lies."

Curmudgeons are mockers and debunkers whose bitterness is a symptom rather than a disease.

Seems his answer was just that. Was I wrong?
Yeah.... curmudgeon is a bad-tempered or surly person....ill tempered....stubborn.
Not sure where "mockers and debunkers" come from

Poetic license, the response was not to a bad-tempered post, stubborn too was not evident, so I looked for one word which seemed to fit, and I decided he was mocking and debunking the two party system. I should have spelled it out, mea culpa.

That might carry weight if it was not coming from one of the most unprincipled immature posters here. As it is you're more like sit, stay, roll over material.
But see, I have an actual history of criticizing democrats and leftwing policy. I’m not going to pretend that Dems are as despicable as republicans, but I certainly acknowledge when I think they are way off base.
Can you post a link to a post where you criticized Democrats?
CONGRATULATIONS to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi

Hell I got a lot more than that.
Your only criticism is that she isn't pushing the leftwing agenda effectively.
Lol am I supposed to pretend that I am not a progressive? See unlike you, I don’t just float with whatever party is closest to my values because they tell me to.
We all know that you vote Democrat.

How are government workers and military personnel the same?

They are both paid by the Feds and they both decided to take the job . Ain’t no one drafted .
You’re an idiot incapable of understanding simple things. I’m gonna guess it’s why you support democrats.

Hey I get it . You conservatives can’t logically distinguish between the two. It upsets you so you lash out with insults .
I felt obligated to highlight your inability to understand something so simple.
Don’t try blaming me for your ignorance.

Like I said . Nothing but insults . Cause you can’t debate the issue.

So how are they different?

I don't use the VA hospitals. My expectations of injury or death would be different. You don't sign up for years at a time. You go home at night.

Military people do not use VA hospitals either, till they are out. Just saying

We don't unless we have to. I have scars from Military Docs and Civilian Docs. My military scars look like Frankenstein cuts. But hey, I lived I won't complain.

True, I choose not to use the local VA clinic either, but the point of my post was that active duty military do not use VA hospitals.

They both have the same employer, the US Fed Govt. They are both paid by the same people, the US tax payers.
And you and Timmy think that makes them the exact same thing?

LOL

Nobody said they were the exact same thing.

Is it impossible for you to make a post that is not a lie?

Have you ever had a post that did not included at least one lie?

o, another minor difference:
....all/most of the military are expected to put their lives in jeopardy if necessary--this is the military's JOB
more so than the civilians

A true Lefty. hen you have nothing call names.

LOL, do you understand the meaning of this symbol (?)?

I heard a curmudgeon, I did not call him a curmudgeon.

You're a coward hiding behind the parsing of words.
Got it.

I asked a question, your answer seemed sincere as was my comment. What makes you believe I'm a coward?

Yawn. Sorry son.

I'm 20 years older than you, boy.
'BOY'?

How 'racist' / 'offensive'...

:p

The Military is vital part of the security for US. The majority of the bloated bureaucracy are oxygen thieves

How are government workers and military personnel the same?

They are both paid by the Feds and they both decided to take the job . Ain’t no one drafted .
You’re an idiot incapable of understanding simple things. I’m gonna guess it’s why you support democrats.

Hey I get it . You conservatives can’t logically distinguish between the two. It upsets you so you lash out with insults .
from our military expert Timmy
:clap:

Ohhhh . I can’t talk about the vaunted military ! Who am I to talk of such a godlike organization!! Here , take all my tax money without question .

Meanwhile , we can all talk about government employees like we are experts on them.

Why do cons have this double standard with fed workers?

Very simple... the US Nilitary is a Constitutional department and expenditure. The vast majority of the rest of Federal Government employees do not have a job with a legitimate Government mandate.

So how are they different?

I don't use the VA hospitals. My expectations of injury or death would be different. You don't sign up for years at a time. You go home at night.

Military people do not use VA hospitals either, till they are out. Just saying

We don't unless we have to. I have scars from Military Docs and Civilian Docs. My military scars look like Frankenstein cuts. But hey, I lived I won't complain.

True, I choose not to use the local VA clinic either, but the point of my post was that active duty military do not use VA hospitals.

The VA Hospital in San Francisco is top notch.

About the San Francisco VA Health Care System - San Francisco VA Health Care System

Forum List

Back