why do cons despise government workers, but “support” the military?

they are the same thing. We haven’t had a draft in 40 + years . We don’t have volunteers, we have a professional military . They are just as much fed employees as some border patrol worker .

Why do cons have this double standard with fed workers ?

And for that matter , why is the military being paid during the shutdown?
How are government workers and military personnel the same?

They both have the same employer, the US Fed Govt. They are both paid by the same people, the US tax payers.
Are doctors and janitors the same because they work for the same hospital?
You and Timmy are two idiots who shouldn’t be voting.

they are the same thing. We haven’t had a draft in 40 + years . We don’t have volunteers, we have a professional military . They are just as much fed employees as some border patrol worker .

They are both paid by the Feds and they both decided to take the job . Ain’t no one drafted .

Nope. If you think true conservatives are Republican you're out of your league here.
You don't even know what violence is.

Maybe you ought to explain to the readers what is a True Conservative and how a True Conservative might respond to Donald Trump's Presidency?

A "true" conservative knows that he/she has not had any representation for decades. They are able to step outside of the two party paradigm and see the truth of the system. The truth is that the there is no truth in the system. There is only falsehoods and lies.

So a true conservative seems to be a curmudgeon, in your opinion?

Not at all, why do you say that, wry? That seems to be coming from the left

I responded to this comment, "The truth is that the there is no truth in the system. There is only falsehoods and lies."

Curmudgeons are mockers and debunkers whose bitterness is a symptom rather than a disease.

Seems his answer was just that. Was I wrong?
Yeah.... curmudgeon is a bad-tempered or surly person....ill tempered....stubborn.
Not sure where "mockers and debunkers" come from

They both have the same employer, the US Fed Govt. They are both paid by the same people, the US tax payers.

So how are they different?

but what were your hours??
we worked a lot more than 8 hours per day added up
also, we are not arguing pay--we are arguing civilians vs military are different

Well, I definitely worked a lot more hours in the Corps than your average Fed employee, that is for sure.

Both are doing a job their country deemed necessary, both are for the most part just trying to earn a living an provide for their family. There are good and bad in both groups. There are hard workers and lazy in both groups.

wrong--they are not
my dad worked for the government and he said there were a lot of lazy bums
the military is TOTALLY different
you are godamn out of your mind to think differently
did you serve?

I did. I was in the Marine Corps from 1997-2002. Am I worthy to have an opinion? If not then ignore the next sentence. If I am worthy then I think I was absurdly overpaid. I was making way more money than other 21 year olds throughout the country.
wrong--they are not
did you serve?

I did. I was in the Marine Corps from 1997-2002. Am I worthy to have an opinion? If not then ignore the next sentence. If I am worthy then I think I was absurdly overpaid. I was making way more money than other 21 year olds throughout the country.
the point is the military is nothing like the federal civilians

You do have a point . Fed employees had to apply for their jobs and go through a competitive hiring process . Most military people did not .

that could be because they wont let it run like a business and make a profit.....

So obsolete that Amazon needs us six or seven days a week. It is profitable, if you don't set an unrealistic retirement funding level on it. Should charge China real mailing rates too.
well China is under international rates....so i dont know how much say they have there.....

wrong--they are not
did you serve?

you think you were over paid?
we were under paid in the 80s
what was your yearly salary?

I had no expenses except haircuts and razors. Everything else was provided. I still made $1,600 a month on top of that. That means I had about $1,500 of disposable income a month and boy did we dispose of it. Local businesses around bases like our bloated paycheck but I think the average taxpayer is getting the shaft. I even received over $40,000 worth of education when I got out.
also, we are not arguing pay--we are arguing civilians vs military are different

Probably 10-12 hour days mostly. I also got 30 days off with pay every year. I would have joined the military for $0.00 a month. I understand that maybe I am an oddball.

wrong--they are not
did you serve?

wrong--they are not
did you serve?

You do have a point . Fed employees had to apply for their jobs and go through a competitive hiring process . Most military people did not .
you are the expert on the military
hahahahahhahahahahahah

wrong--they are not
did you serve?

wrong--they are not
did you serve?

Which branch were you in?

They are both paid by the Feds and they both decided to take the job . Ain’t no one drafted .
You’re an idiot incapable of understanding simple things. I’m gonna guess it’s why you support democrats.

Who pays them is something they both share, and a hospital could not operate without either one. Both are vital to the success of the hospital.

Well, I definitely worked a lot more hours in the Corps than your average Fed employee, that is for sure.

Both are doing a job their country deemed necessary, both are for the most part just trying to earn a living an provide for their family. There are good and bad in both groups. There are hard workers and lazy in both groups.

I think your comparison of yourself to the average is unfair. Despite disagreeing with you regularly, I imagine you to be an above average worker. Other than that, I agree with your post completely.

My Son is a Firefighter over here and they have a strong Union.All the admin and ancillary staff get the same benefits because the Union rightly considers them to be one team. They get paid regardless of who is in government. that is civilised behaviour.
The question is what is the worth of being a firefighter? There will be many who defend it. But taxes are enormous in many communities and where the most work is done is in areas where there are not much in taxes paid. And then there are the medical squads. Like taxis to hospitals in manya reas while the middle class pays through the nose to get the same service.

They just cherry pick what fits their agenda. It’s not like they have actual principles. They aren’t smart or mature enough for that. The GOP speaks and their voters believe everything they say.

That might carry weight if it was not coming from one of the most unprincipled immature posters here. As it is you're more like sit, stay, roll over material.
But see, I have an actual history of criticizing democrats and leftwing policy. I’m not going to pretend that Dems are as despicable as republicans, but I certainly acknowledge when I think they are way off base.
Can you post a link to a post where you criticized Democrats?
CONGRATULATIONS to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi

Hell I got a lot more than that.
Your only criticism is that she isn't pushing the leftwing agenda effectively.

A true Lefty. hen you have nothing call names.

LOL, do you understand the meaning of this symbol (?)?

I heard a curmudgeon, I did not call him a curmudgeon.

You're a coward hiding behind the parsing of words.
Got it.

I asked a question, your answer seemed sincere as was my comment. What makes you believe I'm a coward?

Yawn. Sorry son.

I'm 20 years older than you, boy.

Sure kid.

In response to these two questions ^^^, the people in the OP are not rational - they do not think, ;they only react emotionally to the demagogue-in-chief.
and democrats never react emotionally?.....come on wry....

Of course I react emotionally, but I don't act out of emotions. I learned long ago to control my emotions, once does so when they were a competitive athlete.
you were lumping all GOP folks in the same pen.....im sure many GOP athletes are the same...

You still haven't shown where I've supported Trump or his spending?

Forum List

Back