Why do Democrats hate space travel?

Here’s Why Congress Says Obama Has Wrecked NASA

Democrats are assholes on every other issue, so it makes sense they are assholes about space exploration too.

They call themselves "progressives" but they care nothing about real progress. All they care about is growing the state. NASA doesn't matter to them because it can't be used to make the government more oppressive.

God forbid humans leave the planet and find out such things as the fact that natural resources are not finite and that the temperature is warming on every planet in the solar system like it is on earth.

Instead, Dims want us to think that our natural resources are finite and so we need to have people at each others throats fighting over it and demanding that the state have increased powers to protect those resources.

Why are we against it?

Many libs have deep seated distrust of technology in general. Or a emotional investment in "green" answers to our problems.

Some have voiced concerns about the environmental impact of space exploration, both here and in space.

Beyond that, do you really want ME to paraphrase what other liberals have said or to judge the reasons for their actions?
Kennedy got us to the moon. Just remember that.

And I can tell you your reasons why liberals supposedly hate space travel and science are laughable. More proof Republicans can argue anything.

I've noticed trump has pulled you guys far left. I'm glad

Kennedy was a long time ago.

You might be a liberal and support space travel. THere are plenty of liberals who do not.

Amazon.com: A Step Farther Out eBook: Jerry Pournelle, A E Van Vogt, Larry Niven: Kindle Store

This is by that conservative rocket scientist I told you about. It is a pro-space pro-technology and was initially published in 1975.

IT is worth reading, and Free.
You are my favorite conservative on usmb. Very respectful and well spoken.

You remind me of Republicans before 2000. I didn't agree with them and they us but at least there was compromise and respect.
No, there wasn't. Democrats have always been evil. They kill their own children.
Sure there was. Nixon signed abortion into law and Clinton signed nafta

Yes, plenty of Conservatives have wanted to spend more money in space.

Would you like a link to a very old very conservative space buff who was literally a Rocket Scientist and who has had a LOT to say about liberals being against space?
Why are we against it?

Many libs have deep seated distrust of technology in general. Or a emotional investment in "green" answers to our problems.

Some have voiced concerns about the environmental impact of space exploration, both here and in space.

Beyond that, do you really want ME to paraphrase what other liberals have said or to judge the reasons for their actions?
Kennedy got us to the moon. Just remember that.

And I can tell you your reasons why liberals supposedly hate space travel and science are laughable. More proof Republicans can argue anything.

I've noticed trump has pulled you guys far left. I'm glad

Kennedy was a long time ago.

You might be a liberal and support space travel. THere are plenty of liberals who do not.

Amazon.com: A Step Farther Out eBook: Jerry Pournelle, A E Van Vogt, Larry Niven: Kindle Store

This is by that conservative rocket scientist I told you about. It is a pro-space pro-technology and was initially published in 1975.

IT is worth reading, and Free.
You are my favorite conservative on usmb. Very respectful and well spoken.

You remind me of Republicans before 2000. I didn't agree with them and they us but at least there was compromise and respect.

I appreciate that, and return the consideration
:beer:

Besides the accusations in the link, the first thing he did vid-a-vis the NASA program for manned missions was to cancel a planned return to the moon as a stepping stone of space missions leading to a manned landing Mars.

He replaced that rational incremental approach to manned missions beyond low-earth-orbit with an eventual flyby of Mars to take place in the mid 2030's; sufficiently remote in time that it will never actually happen.

Besides the accusations in the link, the first thing he did vid-a-vis the NASA program for manned missions was to cancel a planned return to the moon as a stepping stone of space missions leading to a manned landing Mars.

He replaced that rational incremental approach to manned missions beyond low-earth-orbit with an eventual flyby of Mars to take place in the mid 2030's; sufficiently remote in time that it will never actually happen.
Obviously private companies are starting to see a profit motive because all of the sudden the GOP who for 16 years didn't want to spend a dime on one thing not even infrastructure now all of a sudden is interested in spending a lot of money going into space isn't that interesting?

Obviously private companies are starting to see a profit motive because all of the sudden the GOP who for 16 years didn't want to spend a dime on one thing not even infrastructure now all of a sudden is interested in spending a lot of money going into space isn't that interesting?

You didn't really address his point.

Anytime any politician fixes on a space agenda that requires the most spending when he is out of office, either party, it is never going to happen.

was bush the lessor who cut the NASA budget that JFK the democrat started and senator john Glenn a democrat flew as a astronaut , seems like you have hit your head while swinging your rosary and huffing that incense, or did you slip and hit your head while bowing to your statues
Obama was the dumb fuck who gave NASA a new mission to make Islam look good.

Forum List

Back