Why do Democrats Trivialize The Threat From Radical Islam

I just said that the word "cross" is not used in the original Greek to describe the execution device used for his alleged crucifixion.

Once again, that is complete bullshit.

{The term comes from the Latin crucifixio ("fixing to a cross", from the prefix cruci-, from crux ("cross"), + verb figere, "fix or bind fast".)[1]}

You're lying for Allah.

How many different shapes of cross were used in crucifiction??

Cross Shape

The horizontal beam of the cross, or transom, could be fixed at the very top of the vertical piece, the upright, to form a T called a tau cross or Saint Anthony's cross. The horizontal beam could also be affixed at some distance below the top, often in a mortise, to form a t-shape called a Latin cross, most often depicted in Christian imagery. Alternatively, the cross could consist of two diagonal beams to form an X also known as the Saint Andrew's cross. A single, vertical wooden stake with no transom at all has also been cited; this is how Jehovah's Witnesses typically describe the device on which Jesus was crucified.

Details and History of Crucifixion

BTW can you actually prove that sunniman is wrong and show how the word "cross" was used in the original greek as he said. Your latin translation doesn't do that so i am sure that since you accuse him of lying that you can back up your claims.

Last edited:
i'm a lawyer first. I have a real problem with those types of constitutional violations. I do. There is no excuse for it and every time we do the witch hunt, we regret it as a society. If there is cause to investigate specific people or specific groups then the "patriot act" gives broad latitude to engage in searches. We have people in all kinds of places with their ears to the ground. it seems to me that when they actually choose to look at the intel, we are able to diffuse pretty much everything. I feel the same way about the loons who talk about their second amendment remedies... dangerous idiots who should be put away.

And notwithstanding your need to make it a dem/repub issue, to me it's a legal issue. And you don't want to get me started on Joe Lieberman.

oh... and i keep telling you, i'm not a neocon. I have no patience for blanket hatred of entire groups of people. Do you see Israelis running around holding "hearings" on radicalization of islam. they know there's radicalization. they know why.

what's to hold hearings on other than to humiliate an entire group of people? i dunno.. maybe where you live isn't as mixed as where i live. we have every type of person imaginable here. and to tell the truth, i think it's wrong for people who demand the protections of the first amendment try to deprive other people of it.

Still using the term "witch hunt" with no proof that is happening. Please back up your statement or stop using it. It is misleading and deceptive. There are hearings on EVERYTHING in congress. It does not mean, much. As far as humiliating entire groups of people, don't you do that when someone disagrees with the lefties? Don't you call them names and try to insult them, personally, while never discussing the issue? A lawyer, I should have expected as much.

witch-hunt also witch hunt (wchhnt)
n.

An investigation carried out ostensibly to uncover subversive activities but actually used to harass and undermine those with differing views.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000

Are you really making the statement that "no" muslims are involved in "subversive activities"???????

Can you give evidence where "muslims" are harassed and undermined in this country?

You mean you promote radical islam?? Since the only lies that you are exposing are your own as you make up works of fiction and falsely attribute them to others it would appear that you are talking about yourself. LOL

You have to forgive Uncensored. He's got this twisted Idea that anyone who doesn't hate Islam and Muslims just because it is Islam and they are Muslims, it's because they are "promoting radical Islam".

You have to forgive Bod. She's got this twisted idea that it's "bigoted" to speak out against barbarism, corruption, human rights violations, and oppression.

Oh pul-leeze! Stop waving the bloody shirt. Intelligent people know the difference between being against acts of barbarism, corruption, human rights violations and oppression as I am ...and being against an entire religion and an entire people. That's for simpletons.

Islam fosters human rights violations. Shall I trot out the list of Muslim countries so you can continue your blather about how it's not ISLAM or MUSLIMS that are to blame for human rights violations?

The concern is there, but the difference in the discussion about it is that I, personally, trust that the NSA, the FBI, and the CIA stay on top of the terrorism issue and their activities are, for good reason, rarely made public. What can I as an individual do? Run around screaming my head off that any day now bin Laden will lob a nuke at us or cringe in fear that the lady coming toward me dressed in Muslim garb has a bomb hidden beneath her gown? Geezus, even Bush warned against becoming overreactive toward Muslim people following the 911 attacks.

Who is overreacting? We are trying to have a "truthful" discussion.

You don't want the truth. And you ARE overreacting. All of you who see evil Muslims behind every tree and a Commie behind every statue in Washington. There will always be people who thrive on fear, and when there is none, they'll stir up some trouble. Anything to remain miserable, which in their contorted minds is equal to happiness.

YOUR OPINION IS NOT TRUTH! just in case you didn't know.

Wow you actually believe that?? you really are a sicko aren't you??

Feral baboons lack the capacity to grasp sarcasm.

Get thee to a baboonary.

I doubt they get that inference either. You have to dumb it down more, so the drooling idiots who claim to be intellectual giants can understand it. No satire, sarcasm, or literary or historical references, PLEASE!

So, they're mass murderers of the most reprehensible sort, but you don't want to arrest them and you don't want to kill them?

Did you want to give them a ticker tape parade?

2.) I never said they were scum because they were christian, again that's your imagination coming into play.

Little backtracking huh? You said that Christians are responsible for most deaths.

Doesn't sound like high praise to me...

3.) Why would you be so quick to defend him, before I even say a bad word about him, if you don't support him?

Where did I defend him? I just guessed that you have a raging case of BDS - still seems pretty likely.

wikipedia "In 614 the Sassanid Emperor Khosrau II ("Chosroes") removed the part of the cross as a trophy, when he captured Jerusalem. Thirteen years later, in 628, the Byzantine Emperor Heraclius defeated Khosrau and regained the relic from Shahrbaraz. He placed the cross in Constantinople at first, and took it back to Jerusalem on 21 March 630.[11] Around 1009, Christians in Jerusalem hid part of the cross and it remained hidden until the city was taken by the European knights of the First Crusade. Arnulf Malecorne, the first Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem, had the Greek Orthodox priests who were in possession of the Cross tortured in order to reveal its position.[12] The relic that Arnulf discovered was a small fragment of wood embedded in a golden cross, and it became the most sacred relic of the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem, with none of the controversy that had followed their discovery of the Holy Lance in Antioch. It was housed in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre under the protection of the Latin Patriarch, who marched with it ahead of the army before every battle.

It was captured by Saladin during the Battle of Hattin in 1187, and while some Christian rulers, like Richard the Lionheart [13], Byzantine emperor Isaac II Angelos and Tamar, Queen of Georgia, sought to ransom it from Saladin [14], the cross was not returned and subsequently disappeared from historical records."
The Sassanid Emperor Khosrau II was not a muslim and his taking of the cross in 614 was
before Islam was even a religion.

Also, the Crusades started in 1095 which was almost 100 years before the muslim commander Saladin captured the fragment of the cross.

So your claim that the Crusades were launched in order to fight for the return of Jesus's cross is pure fantasy. :doubt:

Do you think they were just sittin' in Iran twiddling their thumbs? How did it happen they were in Jerusalem? Could it be.....War (SATAN)? Do you think this was the muslims first attempt at stealing religious objects?

You like that plausible deniablity thing, don't you?

I like that "factuality" thing. You really wouldn't understand.

You aren't directly involved so you can pretend to not know about something?

What is it that I'm pretending not to know about? Islamic terrorism? Oh wait, that would be you...

How'd that one work for all the Germans who were forced to walk thru the Concentration Camps after the war and help bury the dead. Did our soldiers buy their denials?

They didn't have you there to lie and cover for them. The Muslims are much more lucky....

The "original" New Testament was written in Greek; not Latin

And used the word "Tau," which is "cross."

What is your point?

Again, the word "cross" is not used in the original Bible.

Your claim is false.

Isn't Tau a greek letter. Can you show a cite that proves your assertion that it is a word defined as "cross" or is this just another thing that you made up?

We know you want to believe that to be the case.

It's kind of undeniable...

It allows you to demonize us as well as all muslims.

Yep, we're so unfair.

londonprotest1.jpg

These are peaceful, loving people.

muslim_demonstration002.jpg

Representing the best of values.

muslim_demonstration004.jpg

Seeking nothing but understanding between all...

Which country were those protests going on? Did you happen to notice that there were no anti-American protesters, US flag burning, etc., during the Egyption protests?

What are the Egyptians saying now about the USA?

If Nazi Germany were to rise up today, the same people who defend the right of Islam to butcher and terrorize would be right there defending them as well.

Because people who embrace an idealogy that devalues human life will always support other idealogies that do the same.

You're full of shit.

{Crucifixion was in use particularly among the Seleucids, Carthaginians, and Romans from about the 6th century BC to the 4th century AD. In the year 337, Emperor Constantine I abolished it in the Roman Empire, out of veneration for Jesus Christ, the most famous victim of crucifixion.[2][3] It was also used as a form of execution in Japan for criminals, inflicted also on some Christians.}

Crucifixion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You sure do rely on Wikipedia a lot for your information. And here I thought Wikipedia was just a leftist encyclopedia full of edited facts. At least that's what most righties claim.
He does't realize that I was a lay Preacher before converting to Islam.

So he has meet his match when it comes to debating the Bible. :eusa_angel:

You must have not paid that much attention to the Bible, or you would have noticed how the OT stories were twisted to fit the quran.

1.) You're proud of the fact that you're a bigot who hates billions of people based solely on their religion,

ROFL

The irony on that one is hot enough to do the shirts of every stock broker in Manhattan....

Nazism was evil. Not every Nazi was evil or engaged in evil. Nazism was defeated by people smart enough and brave enough to recognize and resist evil. Nazism was utterly destroyed without genocide on the part of the victors.

Communism was evil. Not every Communist was evil or engaged in evil - but 300 million dead attest to the evil of Communism. Communism was defeated by people smart enough and brave enough to recognize and resist evil. Communism was mostly destroyed without genocide on the part of the victors - though it does attempt to rise again prompted by evil men and stupid people.

Islam is evil. Not every Muslim is evil or engaged in evil. Islam should be defeated by people smart enough and brave enough to recognize and resist evil - instead many embrace and promote evil. Destroying Islam has to do with the refusal to embrace or tolerate evil. It has nothing to do with genocide or murder.

2.) Ok mass murder is wrong on all grounds I agree, and am pleasantly surprised that you "only" are a bigot, not a bigot who wants those you're bigoted against killed.

Likewise, assuming you don't seek to murder the Christians whom you hold such bigotry against.

You like that plausible deniablity thing, don't you?

I like that "factuality" thing. You really wouldn't understand.

You aren't directly involved so you can pretend to not know about something?

What is it that I'm pretending not to know about? Islamic terrorism? Oh wait, that would be you...

How'd that one work for all the Germans who were forced to walk thru the Concentration Camps after the war and help bury the dead. Did our soldiers buy their denials?

They didn't have you there to lie and cover for them. The Muslims are much more lucky....

Wow....is that the best you've got? Calling me a Nazi sympathizer?

See what happens when you try to speak for others? You end up looking more the fool than you already look.

Here's a concept - which is something Maggie has no chance of grasping, but I'm confident you can...

My opinion on WHY you defend and support radical Islam is that you share a common enemy with them - Americans.

That little phrase means I'm not "speaking for others."

Try again.

Your claims that she "defends and supports radical islam" is the core of your opinion and how you are trying to speak for others as you insert the core belief of your baseless opinion and attribute it to others. Furthermore, you have failed to show how she did either.

Then there is your claim that she is the enemy of Americans which you can't and haven't proven either and that claim is yet another example of you trying to speak for others.

Your entire argument is based on your attempts to "speak for others."

Forum List

Back