Why do illegal alien kids deserve college educations and coal miners kids do not

Trump is a hero, we need to take care of our own before we take care of squatters.
I agree. And why help people in Texas? If my house floods I don't get federal help or help from donations.
Ummmm. . . . Do you even understand how the NFIP program works?

National Flood Insurance Program: Flood Hazard Mapping | FEMA.gov

You were paying attention earlier in the year when Governor Snyder declared flood disaster zones for the Saginaw Valley, Mt. Pleasant area, right?

I have friends and relatives that got paid tens of thousands of dollars from FEMA to repair their property damages. If the State and local government assess your area a disaster zone, and you make a claim to a program you are enrolled in and paying into, well then?

Who was it that ever said coal miners kids do not deserve college? Or are you just making crap up again?
No, he is quite serious.

Illegals' kids get scholarships just b/c their folks broke the law, coal miners' kids are forced to take out loans.

That's an excellent point. Why is the US Government rewarding folks for breaking our laws? It's crazy. It shouldn't be happening. Our Citizens are struggling enough. It's time to start focusing on them again. And i think Trump is attempting to do that. So good on em. :thup:

Trump is a hero, we need to take care of our own before we take care of squatters.

You make no sense. If that is your intent,

well done.

Scholarships

"Federal dollars are out of reach for students in the country illegally, but scholarship dollars are not.

TheDream.US, a $32 million scholarship fund established in February 2014, awards scholarships of up to $25,000 to immigrant students with temporary resident status.

State scholarship programs, such as the Illinois Dream FundScholarships A-Z, a nonprofit based in Arizona, curates scholarships open to students without legal status, sorted by application deadline. The database includes contact information and requirements for each scholarship so students can get a snapshot of all the necessary information in one place."
https://www.usnews.com/education/be...ants-without-legal-status-can-pay-for-college

Emory University to Pay 100% of Illegal Aliens’ Financial Aid, Other Students to Pay $70,000 Per Year
Emory University to Pay 100% of Illegal Aliens' Financial Aid, Other Students to Pay $70,000 Per Year
Scholoarships

The Coal Institute's College Scholarship Program was initiated in 1997 and the purpose of the program is to offer assistance to students who are studying to receive an education and degree in various fields associated with the coal industry.

Apply for Scholarships from RMCMI

Given to students at a four-year school entering their junior or senior year. Students must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of one of the eight RMCMI member states and looking for a career in the coal industry.

The Ohio Coal Association

High school seniors planning to enroll in a college, university, and/or technical school in the fall of 2016 have an opportunity to earn a $1,000 scholarship from the Ohio Coal Association’s Education Initiative by submitting an essay about Ohio’s coal industry.

A Helping Hand - Grandparents.com

Hickam has announced the endowment of a scholarship at Marshall University to help the children and grandchildren of coal miners attend college.

KHEAA-Administered Programs :: Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority

The Kentucky Coal County College Completion Scholarship provides financial assistance for residents of Kentucky's coal‐producing counties to complete their first bachelor's degree.

focla

Must have a mother, father, step-mother, step-father, sister, brother, grandmother or grandfather who has been employed or is currently employed in a coal related industry.

Scholarships

One of the primary objectives of NCTA as an organization is to provide education to its members. NCTA is proud to be able to fund a scholarship program with the goal of providing educational benefit for the future of the coal and transportation industry as well as giving back to the membership through eight annual scholarship awards of $1,500 each.

Coal & Energy Division Scholarship and John Sidney Marshall Scholarship - Mining Metallurgy and Exploration - SME

The Coal & Energy Division of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration annually awards scholarships to promising college students who have chosen as a career path the field of mining engineering with an emphasis on coal.

Alliance Coal Awards College Scholarships

"Alliance Coal congratulates the top-ranked students in the class of 2017," said Paul Mackey, Vice President, Employee Health and Benefits. "The scholarship awards recognize the dedication and achievement of our employees' sons and daughters and help to support those who are positioned to become future leaders in our communities. We're proud to contribute to the continuing education and growth of these 15 outstanding scholars."

http://kentucky.gov/Pages/Activity-stream.aspx?n=KentuckyHigherEducationAssistanceAuthority&prId=56

Residents of 34 coal-producing counties in Kentucky can now apply for the 2017-2018 Kentucky Coal County College Completion Scholarship. The scholarship helps residents of the state’s coal‐producing counties complete a bachelor’s degree.

Mark Collett Scholarship Program - PRB Coal Users' Group

The PRB Coal Users’ Group Student Sponsorship program provides a means for students pursuing higher education with interest in working within the industry preferable for a coal-fired generating company to attend and actively participate in the industry’s largest gathering of individuals who are passionate in carrying out the mission of the Users’ Group.

Energy Boost Undergraduate Scholarship | Advanced Coal and Energy Research Center | SIU

The purpose of the Energy Boost Undergraduate Scholarship is to attract local high school graduates who have been personally impacted by the contraction in the coal industry towards an alternative path. Where previously a job in the coal mines may have been the expected path, an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering and Energy Processes can open doors to new options in advanced coal and energy.

Educational Foundation

2016-2017 Scholarship Winners

The American Coal Ash Association (ACAA) Educational Foundation has awarded $9000 in scholarships honoring coal ash beneficial use industry leaders to three university students with interests in advancing the sustainable and environmentally responsible use of coal combustion products (CCPs).

Residents of Coal-Producing Counties May Apply for College Scholarships

The Kentucky Coal County College Completion Scholarship provides financial assistance for residents of Kentucky's coal‐producing counties to complete their first bachelor's degree.

focla

Must have a mother, father, step-mother, step-father, sister, brother, grandmother or grandfather who has been employed or is currently employed in a coal related industry.

Scholarships

One of the primary objectives of NCTA as an organization is to provide education to its members. NCTA is proud to be able to fund a scholarship program with the goal of providing educational benefit for the future of the coal and transportation industry as well as giving back to the membership through eight annual scholarship awards of $1,500 each.

Coal & Energy Division Scholarship and John Sidney Marshall Scholarship - Mining Metallurgy and Exploration - SME

The Coal & Energy Division of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration annually awards scholarships to promising college students who have chosen as a career path the field of mining engineering with an emphasis on coal.

"Alliance Coal congratulates the top-ranked students in the class of 2017," said Paul Mackey, Vice President, Employee Health and Benefits. "The scholarship awards recognize the dedication and achievement of our employees' sons and daughters and help to support those who are positioned to become future leaders in our communities. We're proud to contribute to the continuing education and growth of these 15 outstanding scholars."

http://kentucky.gov/Pages/Activity-stream.aspx?n=KentuckyHigherEducationAssistanceAuthority&prId=56

Residents of 34 coal-producing counties in Kentucky can now apply for the 2017-2018 Kentucky Coal County College Completion Scholarship. The scholarship helps residents of the state’s coal‐producing counties complete a bachelor’s degree.

well done.

Scholarships

"Federal dollars are out of reach for students in the country illegally, but scholarship dollars are not.

TheDream.US, a $32 million scholarship fund established in February 2014, awards scholarships of up to $25,000 to immigrant students with temporary resident status.

State scholarship programs, such as the Illinois Dream FundScholarships A-Z, a nonprofit based in Arizona, curates scholarships open to students without legal status, sorted by application deadline. The database includes contact information and requirements for each scholarship so students can get a snapshot of all the necessary information in one place."
https://www.usnews.com/education/be...ants-without-legal-status-can-pay-for-college

Emory University to Pay 100% of Illegal Aliens’ Financial Aid, Other Students to Pay $70,000 Per Year
Emory University to Pay 100% of Illegal Aliens' Financial Aid, Other Students to Pay $70,000 Per Year
Scholoarships

The Coal Institute's College Scholarship Program was initiated in 1997 and the purpose of the program is to offer assistance to students who are studying to receive an education and degree in various fields associated with the coal industry.

Given to students at a four-year school entering their junior or senior year. Students must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of one of the eight RMCMI member states and looking for a career in the coal industry.

High school seniors planning to enroll in a college, university, and/or technical school in the fall of 2016 have an opportunity to earn a $1,000 scholarship from the Ohio Coal Association’s Education Initiative by submitting an essay about Ohio’s coal industry.

Hickam has announced the endowment of a scholarship at Marshall University to help the children and grandchildren of coal miners attend college.

Yet, I am sure you probably support the admission of those w/o citizenship or legal documentation or paperwork to institutions of higher education. . . .

:dunno:

No doubt you also support the subversion of the national character of the nation by these mass importation and indoctrination of these self-same students by the indoctrination by critical theory?

I noted that these scholarship were all private foundations and private organizations, that is a good thing.

Should tax payer monies of the various states be devoted to the higher education of non-citizens?

"As Democrats lament the cost of higher education, and parents across the country open savings accounts and apply for financial aid packages so they can afford their children’s college tuition, illegal immigrants at the University of California will get millions in school-sanctioned assistance.

The university announced $25.2 million in support for undocumented students through 2019, according to a press release from the school Wednesday. Janet Napolitano, former Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, heads the school system, and has made illegal outreach a priority of hers."
U. of California rolls out $25M to fund illegal immigrants’ education

Finding recent info on this is difficult, either the media doesn't cover it, Google doesn't index it, or it doesn't exist. :dunno:

"Nearly 2,500 students who are in the country illegally received more than $9.5 million in state higher education grants in fiscal year 2010, the most recent figures available from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. There were 16,476 illegal-immigrant students paying resident tuition rates, meaning more than 1 in 7 get state financial aid as well."
Thousands of illegal immigrants paying in-state tuition rates also get Texas financial aid | Texas | Dallas News

For example, if we were a nation of laws, the national bureaucracy would not be working against the will of the public. Look at this, just look at this link folks, it is infuriating the willful defiance and lawlessness of the bureaucracy has in regard over the past decade.

Wtf_1e5247_1394578.jpg

Repository of Resources for Undocumented Students

focla

Scholarships

well done.

Scholarships

Scholoarships

Yet, I am sure you...

"I am sure you..." is always a sure sign someone is about to build a giant straw man fallacy.

I noted that these scholarship were all private foundations and private organizations, that is a good thing.

All of the scholarships you listed for DACA kids are, too.

Just look at those evil darkies plotting the destruction of America!

Bye bye DACA
Bye bye dacapiness, hello loneliness
I think I'm-a gonna cry-y
Bye bye daca, bye bye sweet caress, hello dacaptiness
I feel like I could di-ie
Bye bye my love goodby-eye
There goes my baby with-a someone new
She sure looks happy, I sure am blue
She was my baby till he stepped in
Goodbye to romance that might have been
Bye bye daca
Bye bye dacapiness, hello loneliness
I think I'm-a gonna cry-y

Yawning

The illegal kid got better grades and S.A.T. scores, because the worked harder in school.

The coal miner's son has been dreaming about a job at the mine/plant/shop/factory since forever. Wed his sweetheart. Have babies. College is for those elite book readers…

And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Who are the people the OP is referring to?

Who wants illegals to get help going to college but at the same time wants to make sure that the children of coal miners get no help?

I don't know of any such person.
Dem's ran on a platform that would give every kid free college. The coal miner voters voted for Republican trump with the hopes he would bring coal back and coal mining jobs with it. The result is the coal miners kids don't get free college and the coal miners don't get the significant jobs in the numbers they were promised. Trumped by trump. Suckers.
The east does not represent coal mining... most of the coal comes from the Wyoming area of the country. Get your head out of your ass you fucking moron. Lol
You are comparing surface mining to underground mining. Surface mining employees only a fraction of what underground mining employees. The topic is miners, not coal production. In any case, the claim of "most coal is produced in the Wyoming area" is debatable. What is not debatable is the number of miners in the east compared to the number of miners in the open pit mines of the west. There is no comparison. Hence, you are the moron.
The coal-producing states were, in descending order, with annual production in millions of short tons:
  • Wyoming 395.7
  • West Virginia 112.2.
  • Kentucky 77.3
  • Pennsylvania 60.9.
  • Illinois 58.0.
  • Montana 44.6.
  • Texas 43.7.
  • Indiana 39.3.
Wyoming/Montana/Texas dominate the coal trade in this country... it's not even close

Who wants illegals to get help going to college but at the same time wants to make sure that the children of coal miners get no help?

Dem's ran on a platform that would give every kid free college. The coal miner voters voted for Republican trump with the hopes he would bring coal back and coal mining jobs with it. The result is the coal miners kids don't get free college and the coal miners don't get the significant jobs in the numbers they were promised. Trumped by trump. Suckers.
The east does not represent coal mining... most of the coal comes from the Wyoming area of the country. Get your head out of your ass you fucking moron. Lol
You are comparing surface mining to underground mining. Surface mining employees only a fraction of what underground mining employees. The topic is miners, not coal production. In any case, the claim of "most coal is produced in the Wyoming area" is debatable. What is not debatable is the number of miners in the east compared to the number of miners in the open pit mines of the west. There is no comparison. Hence, you are the moron.
The coal-producing states were, in descending order, with annual production in millions of short tons:
  • Wyoming 395.7
  • West Virginia 112.2.
  • Kentucky 77.3
  • Pennsylvania 60.9.
  • Illinois 58.0.
  • Montana 44.6.
  • Texas 43.7.
  • Indiana 39.3.
Wyoming/Montana/Texas dominate the coal trade in this country... it's not even close
Now, from the same source, show the number of employees in each of those states.

• Wyoming 395.7
  • West Virginia 112.2.
  • Kentucky 77.3
  • Pennsylvania 60.9.
  • Illinois 58.0.
  • Montana 44.6.
  • Texas 43.7.
  • Indiana 39.3.
Now, from the same source, show the number of employees in each of those states.
When you think of coal mining you think of the northern plains not in the east...

• Wyoming 395.7
  • West Virginia 112.2.
  • Kentucky 77.3
  • Pennsylvania 60.9.
  • Illinois 58.0.
  • Montana 44.6.
  • Texas 43.7.
  • Indiana 39.3.
When you think of coal mining you think of the northern plains not in the east...
No, I don't. The west is where they have strip mines. Open holes in the ground that call equipment operators and dump truck drivers miners. When I think of a miner I think of guys going deep underground to dig for whatever it is they are mining.

The illegal kid got better grades and S.A.T. scores, because the worked harder in school.

The coal miner's son has been dreaming about a job at the mine/plant/shop/factory since forever. Wed his sweetheart. Have babies. College is for those elite book readers…

And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
What illegal kid? Oh this one?

Gotcha

Yea they work real hard in cell block D

ms13-2.jpg

Who was it that ever said coal miners kids do not deserve college? Or are you just making crap up again?
Well illegals are at a disadvantage so Dems will send them tuition but coal miner kids have white privilege that will make them rich so they don't need it.

What government program did Obama create to help coal miners kids attend college?

DACA pertained to squatters only

DACA does not help with college. Are you on drugs or something?
DACA helps criminals in the USA Illegally and most certainly is aimed at what Oboob calls dreamers attending college

Get with it kid

And it still does not pay for their college, no matter how much you try and pretend that it does.
Plenty of states and universities will pay for their college. A lot of states give them in-state tuition, which is paying for 3/4 of it.

If states do that then it has nothing to do with the Fed Govt and nothing to do with coal miners.

Also, you look at in-state tuition incorrectly. In-state tuition is the actual price of going to school there, those from out of state pay extra for the right to do so.

No. In-state students pay the costs offset by the taxes paid into the state. Since illegals don't usually pay state tax, how are they eligible for the same rate as legal students?

DACA helps criminals in the USA Illegally and most certainly is aimed at what Oboob calls dreamers attending college.
DACA doesn't help criminals. That's just something you keep repeating, despite its being a lie. I think we have a shitposter here, folks.

Shitposting - Wikipedia

Are they US citizens?

No.

Are they here because they came across the border from another country?

Yes.

That makes them illegals, and therefore criminals.

Forum List

Back