Why do lefitists, liberals and feminists only hate christianity/christians?

What a bizarre strawman to have constructed. Or perhaps English as a second language makes it even more convoluted. In any event there is an acknowledgement that liberals "hate" bigotry, but a refusal to understand religion has nothing to do with it. Why that might be is anyone's guess, but to jeffersson I would suggest a little research into the history of the Middle Ages to see if life was "hard." I suggest not ignoring Vlad the Impaler's pledge to support Christianity.

Yes middle ages was not good. but the problem is that leftists and feminists belive that the islamic world at that time was very good. the fact is that it was horrible, the whole world was, and still is.

Proof?

proof for what, that the islamic nations in middle ages was bad? just go and read about it. do you really belive they where good? homophobia and sexism did not exist?

No, proof that leftists and feminists think that it was good. Because as a leftist and a feminist, I think you're full of shit. You haven't the vaguest idea of what leftists or feminists think, but you spout off like you're absolutely correct.

Here's the thing: Right-wingers are always telling us what we think and what we believe, and we don't think like that and we don't believe any of those things. Stop concerning yourself what others believe, and start concerning yourself with the lies you tell yourself to get by every day.

The fundamental reason that leftists hate Christianity is because Christianity teaches people to prepare themselves for a perfect world in the next life.

Leftists hate this concept, because they want to build a perfect world in THIS life.

Leftists see Christianity as offering a false hope of a perfect world in the next life as a distraction from their plans to encourage the working class to tear down our imperfect world and build the perfect world in this life.

That is why, in Communist countries, Christians are martyred, including priests, nuns and brothers.

They knew that the Catholic Church was their most dangerous enemy, and they were right. The Catholic Church in Poland, encouraged by Pope John Paul II, united the Catholic people of Poland and brought Communism down.

In the United States, it is not possible to be both a faithful Catholic and a Democrat who follows the party line. One must choose one or the other.

My parents were devout Catholics and Democrats in the 1960's, but the Democratic party turned its back on people like my parents when it nominated George McGovern in 1972.

That's what Communists said about Christianity while banning it. It was the opiate of the masses, to keep them focused on the afterlife, and make their suffering and misery in this life bearable. But people on the left aren't Commnists, and NEVER WERE.

It's not possible to be a true Christian and a Republican. Because Republicans are all about wealth, and Jesus said that the only way to be his follower was to sell all of your possessions, give the money to the poor and follow him. He was really clear that it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

You might want to think about all of Dominionists, and their beliefs.

Maybe i should post this in the religion-section, but this is also about political.

I always been shocked that leftists, liberals and feminists only seem to hate christianity and christians.

They claim that christianity is racist, violent, sexist, homohphobic and that christian empires in the middles ages was very hard society to live in. They also claim that christians are bad people.

However, they dont say the same about other religions. They always say nice things about islam, calling it a peaceful religion, with no sexism and homophobia with a tolerant history and that muslims are very kind and gentle. They say that Iran, Saudi, ISIS does not repesent Islam, but chrisitan extremists repesent chrisianity and that problem in muslim world is not beuse of islam but becuse of culture but problem in christian nations are becuse of chrisitanity. And hey also claim that the slavery and nazism was becuse of christianity, but slavery by the arabs and turks and the the genocide done by muslims was not becuse of islam, instead it was becuse of other things.....

Why this double moral?

The feminists and leftists in the west have the same view on christianity and its followers as the far-right has on islam and muslims. Its the same type of hatred and sterotypes.

How can this feminists and leftists call themself loving people and hate right-wingers for hating islam and muslims when the feminists and the leftists have the same radical view but on chrisitanity and christians?

And are this people even aware that most chrisitans are not white? Many non-white christians vote on hillary for exemple. This non-white christians gets hated by far-right becuse of their skin color and at the same time they get hated by hillary-supporters for their religion, must be hard.

Nobody hates Christians.

We don't tolerate "christians"... people who pretend to be followers of Jesus Christ while spouting homophobia, bigotry, intolerance and general lack of compassion and love for their fellow man.

People cross the the border are children of God. Why would we turn them away?
Yet you tolerate Muslims that are much more extreme.

You have no argument.

What a bizarre strawman to have constructed. Or perhaps English as a second language makes it even more convoluted. In any event there is an acknowledgement that liberals "hate" bigotry, but a refusal to understand religion has nothing to do with it. Why that might be is anyone's guess, but to jeffersson I would suggest a little research into the history of the Middle Ages to see if life was "hard." I suggest not ignoring Vlad the Impaler's pledge to support Christianity.

Yes middle ages was not good. but the problem is that leftists and feminists belive that the islamic world at that time was very good. the fact is that it was horrible, the whole world was, and still is.

Proof?
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4294090

Maybe i should post this in the religion-section, but this is also about political.

I always been shocked that leftists, liberals and feminists only seem to hate christianity and christians.

They claim that christianity is racist, violent, sexist, homohphobic and that christian empires in the middles ages was very hard society to live in. They also claim that christians are bad people.

However, they dont say the same about other religions. They always say nice things about islam, calling it a peaceful religion, with no sexism and homophobia with a tolerant history and that muslims are very kind and gentle. They say that Iran, Saudi, ISIS does not repesent Islam, but chrisitan extremists repesent chrisianity and that problem in muslim world is not beuse of islam but becuse of culture but problem in christian nations are becuse of chrisitanity. And hey also claim that the slavery and nazism was becuse of christianity, but slavery by the arabs and turks and the the genocide done by muslims was not becuse of islam, instead it was becuse of other things.....

Why this double moral?

The feminists and leftists in the west have the same view on christianity and its followers as the far-right has on islam and muslims. Its the same type of hatred and sterotypes.

How can this feminists and leftists call themself loving people and hate right-wingers for hating islam and muslims when the feminists and the leftists have the same radical view but on chrisitanity and christians?

And are this people even aware that most chrisitans are not white? Many non-white christians vote on hillary for exemple. This non-white christians gets hated by far-right becuse of their skin color and at the same time they get hated by hillary-supporters for their religion, must be hard.
Are you so paranoid because you can't understand the political views of others, or is it because you are insecure in your faith?

Or are you so obtuse to understand that when so-called Christians try to impose their narrow template of morality on everyone else, some of those 'else' get perturbed by what they see as hypocrisy? How is it a beautiful, forgiving, loving faith can hold a narrow minded dogma up that says they must avoid commerce with homosexuals because their immortal soul will be in jeopardy if they do?

Why this double moral?

Are you so paranoid because you can't understand the political views of others, or is it because you are insecure in your faith?

Or are you so obtuse to understand that when so-called Christians try to impose their narrow template of morality on everyone else, some of those 'else' get perturbed by what they see as hypocrisy? How is it a beautiful, forgiving, loving faith can hold a narrow minded dogma up that says they must avoid commerce with homosexuals because their immortal soul will be in jeopardy if they do?
This is a judgment Christians can and should make. It is not the homosexual that is condemned. The Christian judges only his own behaviour and decides not to commit that sin. Even if that beautiful loving faith of forgiveness forgives the self that sinned, the Christian is required to repent of his sin and sin no more. Even if the believer forgives himself of the sin of commerce with a homosexual, the Christian would not be permitted to continue such a sin.

Why this double moral?

This is a judgment Christians can and should make. It is not the homosexual that is condemned. The Christian judges only his own behaviour and decides not to commit that sin. Even if that beautiful loving faith of forgiveness forgives the self that sinned, the Christian is required to repent of his sin and sin no more. Even if the believer forgives himself of the sin of commerce with a homosexual, the Christian would not be permitted to continue such a sin.
I am a Christian. In my faith, our minister has never admonished us to avoid commerce with homosexuals. That strange dogma is not part of my Christian faith.

To me, it seems a way of twisting that beautiful faith to serve a vile purpose, that is to say using Christianity to perpetuate fear, hatred and suspicions.

When these so-called Christians seek legal protection for their disdain, it seems that they are twisting our system of justice to serve that same vile purpose. Two things should be realized by them: first, their beliefs do not direct laws. Second, our American system is an inclusive one that does not deny rights to others (at least that is the ideal). Seeking to deny rights to every citizen under the aegis of 'religious freedom' is contradictory to that ideal.

Why this double moral?

Just what's so "funny" about this post, @ptbwforever ? I'm a pretty funny guy and am able to convey that humor easily. But there's nothing "funny" about this particular post.

The fundamental reason that leftists hate Christianity is because Christianity teaches people to prepare themselves for a perfect world in the next life.

Leftists hate this concept, because they want to build a perfect world in THIS life.

Leftists see Christianity as offering a false hope of a perfect world in the next life as a distraction from their plans to encourage the working class to tear down our imperfect world and build the perfect world in this life.

That is why, in Communist countries, Christians are martyred, including priests, nuns and brothers.

They knew that the Catholic Church was their most dangerous enemy, and they were right. The Catholic Church in Poland, encouraged by Pope John Paul II, united the Catholic people of Poland and brought Communism down.

In the United States, it is not possible to be both a faithful Catholic and a Democrat who follows the party line. One must choose one or the other.

My parents were devout Catholics and Democrats in the 1960's, but the Democratic party turned its back on people like my parents when it nominated George McGovern in 1972.
I'm not sure an idea of an afterlife matters to leftists and atheists, just as sin means nothing to people who don't believe in God (a sin is an offense against God). Christianity and the natural law are like twin sisters in America's history of liberty and prosperity.

A universal law common to both found favor among early church leaders. Thomas Aquinas, for example, like colonial preacher Gad Hitchcock, and others, echoed the Apostle Paul in asserting that an eternal law is imprinted on the hearts of rational creatures (Paul's letter to the Romans). And, foundational to English jurisprudence, where “the spirit of the English common law retained the conceptions of natural law and equity which it had assimilated during the Catholic Middle Ages,” the preeminence of the natural law extended to the American colonies, where the dissertations of Montesquieu, Blackstone, Locke, Hume, and other Enlightenment thinkers inspired independence from a distant central authority that occasionally took liberties with the very common law it recognized.

Since its beginning, the church had navigated its way through unwelcome and varied circumstances, through changing moods and impulses, and had always adapted, or been adapted to. In America, Enlightenment rationalism couldn’t even defang it. On the contrary, like the Enlightenment, evangelical Christianity challenged the Gothic, Hunnic, and Mongol barbarism of the Middle Ages and brought to America a store of knowledge and a promise of tranquility that helped develop in the people a more romantic understanding of nature, virtue, and society - knowledge and tranquility liberated from state control, or leftism.

Rommen, Heinrich A. (1998) [1947]. The Natural Law: A Study in Legal and Social History and Philosophy. Trans. and rev. Thomas R. Hanley, Indianapolis: Liberty Fund, 100–101.

Why this double moral?

I am a Christian. In my faith, our minister has never admonished us to avoid commerce with homosexuals. That strange dogma is not part of my Christian faith.

To me, it seems a way of twisting that beautiful faith to serve a vile purpose, that is to say using Christianity to perpetuate fear, hatred and suspicions.

When these so-called Christians seek legal protection for their disdain, it seems that they are twisting our system of justice to serve that same vile purpose. Two things should be realized by them: first, their beliefs do not direct laws. Second, our American system is an inclusive one that does not deny rights to others (at least that is the ideal). Seeking to deny rights to every citizen under the aegis of 'religious freedom' is contradictory to that ideal.
Meanwhile public schools are banning the Bible during "free reading" periods....

The system is plenty against Christians.

Why this double moral?

Just what's so "funny" about this post, @ptbwforever ? I'm a pretty funny guy and am able to convey that humor easily. But there's nothing "funny" about this particular post.
Less "funny" and more "ridiculous".

Christians don't avoid commerce with homosexuals.

Why this double moral?

Not a single sentence in the Bible prevents Christians from interacting with homosexuals. The Bible tells Christians to love their neighbor, and that everyone is their neighbor. In other words, Christians are ordered to love everyone.

Why this double moral?

Less "funny" and more "ridiculous".

Christians don't avoid commerce with homosexuals.
Perhaps you have heard of so-called Christians denying their services to same sex wedding affairs.

Care to rethink your post?

Why this double moral?

Meanwhile public schools are banning the Bible during "free reading" periods....

The system is plenty against Christians.

And by 'plenty against Christians' you mean treating Christians the same way as any other religious group.

Why do Christians think that not getting special treatment is somehow discrimination?

Why this double moral?

So you agree that Christians can and should judge Donald Trump on his ongoing adultery?

Because, as you know being a Christian, Donald Trump is committing adultery when he divorced and remarried.

Proof?

Oh absolutely- an article by one woman is certainly proof that all leftists and feminists believe the same thing.

Islam in the Middle Ages, by our standards was pretty horrible.

But the thing is- Christianity in the MIddle Ages was even worse.

It is not defending Islam to know that when the persecution of Jews in Spain and elsewhere happened, the Jews fled to the Islamic world- where they were treated better.

Proof?
Dr. Craig Considine

banning the Bible during "free reading" periods

Not happening. One teacher who was admonished. The district clarified it's stance and the boy can read his bible during free reading time.

Any other persecution fantasies?

Forum List

Back